Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 81,328 comments
upload_2021-3-6_12-6-3.png

I just released v0.95 this beast. Enjoy. This is to give back to the community who give so much to us.

It is my first release/conversion/modification and I don't know what I don't know, so please be gentle. I can hold onto this forever to chip away at it or share for us all to enjoy and help correct. There are a few obvious things that needs attention which will be fixed over time.

I asked them to remove the car from RD. Purpose served - over 1500 d/l's in 24 hours.

Here is the updated link:

https://mega.nz/file/9sB23DYK#azTfAofIQNbnRc0PGCg2dWKKCMMtFxPWA75-pJr90CM

Will work on updates over time. All feedback and improvements welcome.

All the best,

Attachments

• desert.jpg
    desert.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Italy
Italy
There are two versions of the alfa gta and shortly 3 when geroda74 drops his version.

What you could try is take the mirrors ini thing from the kunos alfa, it may work as i think that is the base.
I didn't know there was more than one.
This one is based on a csr2 model so that fix won't work. The meshes of every mirror need to be detached for mirrors.ini to work as it uses the left, right and central mesh names and this mod has all of them in one mesh.

You need to detach those three, map them as the pipeline says on page 38 and then put the mesh names in mirrors.ini. Csp mirrors don't need al that.
Immagine_2021-03-06_182130.png

As you can see the mirrors on this one are all in one, while cars that use mirrors.ini like the kunos giulia has all of them detached as single meshes.

Edit: only central mesh actually needs to be detached, on kunos cars left and right are probably detached due to door animations.

Here are all the things needed to make them work without csp.

Immagine_2021-03-06_181838.png

I know you're not the one who requested this explanation so sorry for quoting your post and then adding all this.

Last edited:
Belgium
Belgium
I didn't know there was more than one.
This one is based on a csr2 model so that fix won't work. The meshes of every mirror need to be detached for mirrors.ini to work as it uses the left, right and central mesh names and this mod has all of them in one mesh.

You need to detach those three, map them as the pipeline says on page 38 and then put the mesh names in mirrors.ini. Csp mirrors don't need al that.
Immagine_2021-03-06_182130.png

As you can see the mirrors on this one are all in one, while cars that use mirrors.ini like the kunos giulia has all of them detached as single meshes

Immagine_2021-03-06_181838.png

I know you're not the one who requested this explanation so sorry for quoting your post and then adding all this.

I know very little about that, but something is still bothering me and maybe you can provide an answer.
Why is it that cars with perfectly good mirrors show that red/blue image when using certain tracks, while they are OK in others ?
I'm driving the BAC Mono a lot for testing/racing, etc.
Mirrors are fine from cockpit view and from different camera's, but some tracks show the red/blue effect in game, also for AI, this while the mirrors are still fine in cockpit view. I hope this description makes any sense ... :rolleyes:

Italy
Italy
I know very little about that, but something is still bothering me and maybe you can provide an answer.
Why is it that cars with perfectly good mirrors show that red/blue image when using certain tracks, while they are OK in others ?
I'm driving the BAC Mono a lot for testing/racing, etc.
Mirrors are fine from cockpit view and from different camera's, but some tracks show the red/blue effect in game, also for AI, this while the mirrors are still fine in cockpit view. I hope this description makes any sense ... :rolleyes:
I think it's because only the mirrors on the selected car are actually working while all the other cars only show the diffuse texture placed on them. If you read the NOTE at the end of the pipeline's page you'll see that it tells modders to remove the placement red/blue texture and put something else in there, like a flat grey texture or something similar to a mirror.
My best bet is that cars that shows that texture still has it as diffuse because modders either forgot to change it or didn't follow the pipeline.

You can try to check in CM what texture are the mirrors on those cars using and, in case they still have the red/blue one, replace it with another texture that is just flat grey or a mirror texture taken from a kunos car and see if it solves it

Last edited:
United States
United States
Anyone who has indianapolis track with working AI? I have the one from assetto corsa club but it only works in practice,whenever I add AI it says "race cancelled" and goes back to CM. I tried an AI fix from RD but then the cars stay in pitlane revving...It happens on all layouts, GP,oval,... Any help would be highly appreciated,trying to get a race done with the RSS Hyperion.
Thanks in advance!

There's one from 'aa' with working AI; I posted the link several pages back.

From what I can tell the 66 and 67 versions seem very similar, so I will make both at the same time.

The reason the Warehouse Straight was special was because the warehouses (and other buildings) were quite close to the track, so you got a real sensation of speed. Most of Sebring (for the first 20 years of its existence) is surrounded by nothing but open space, you you have nothing by which to measure your speed. The warehouses immensely improve immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:
United States
United States
Nice skins, thanks.
For people that are interested: here's the ui_skin.json for the #155 (remove the .txt and place in the skin folder)

Thanks, I'm aware of that. But lately I'm used to be able to use a dedicated button to switch the mode in the Racelogic displays. In this case it's either this OR that, no way (that I know of) to switch between them.
If it can be only one thing, I even prefer the delta (perf) timing. ;)

Think you've got the wrong man in the #155 car. I believe Roger de Lageneste's car was #57.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
You're right, not working here either, in showroom that is.
In game it's OK, though it doesn't show the taped headlights very well.

num2.png

could you let me know if the taped headlights are improved with the new version I just posted (same link)? thanks

Germany
Germany
I have here this mod (Lamborghini Huracan Performante Widebody). As you can see in the picture, the tires move quite a bit too much on the rim. I don't think this is roadworthy. ;)

Does anyone know if this can be fixed by changing a value in an ini file? Or does it need to be fixed within the model by the creator?

Thank you

Screenshot_lamborghini_huracan_performante_widebody_lilski_watkins_glen_6-2-121-19-23-55.png

Hungary
Hungary
There are two versions of the alfa gta and shortly 3 when geroda74 drops his version.

What you could try is take the mirrors ini thing from the kunos alfa, it may work as i think that is the base.

I've checked the mirrors.ini no problems there. The material used on GTAm is named different, unfortunately I can't rename the material for some reason, or renaming it didn't do the trick.

I think I've seen the other version, but that's a mess. Let's hope geroda74's version will be nice.
Where can I keep track of that?

United States
United States
If you don't know & you ignored it, the AI in the version of the Tokyo Bay track that i have has some problems. The AI cars tend to slow down after the first turn at the start. Sometimes the AI can even steer into a wall when the race starts.

Germany
Franconia
@SimRacing604 has been hit by numerous copyright strikes by SimDream since he called them out for selling on stolen work.

This includes the video he posted on the subject.

Let your sim racing friends know what is going on.

The simracing community, should act like the ancient roman senator Cato, who should have said at the end of each speach in the roman senate "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" and in the end Carthago was destroyed.

From now on I will finish every post in a simracing forum or on youtube with the following sentence to inform as many people as possible to destroy their business. And if they change their name, i will chance my sentence. That's quite easy.

"By the way, I think that you shouldn't buy anything from Sim Dream Development for the well-known reasons."

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
The simracing community, should act like the ancient roman senator Cato, who should have said at the end of each speach in the roman senat "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" and in the end Carthoga was destroyed.

From now on I will finish every post in a simracing forum or on youtube with the following sentence to inform as many people as possible to destroy their business. And if they change their name, i will chance my sentence. That's quite easy.

"By the way, I think that you shouldn't buy anything from Sim Dream Development for the well-known reasons."

Still the best way of hurting them is by sharing their stuff as much as possible.

Sooo if someone needs something feel free to DM me.. i might have something for you

Germany
Franconia
Still the best way of hurting them is by sharing their stuff as much as possible.

Sooo if someone needs something feel free to DM me.. i might have something for you

But I don't wont to buy something from them to share it for free.

United States
Chicago, USA
View attachment 995986 @SimRacing604 has been hit by numerous copyright strikes by SimDream since he called them out for selling on stolen work.

What is required to file claims against ****dreams’ YT videos? If it’s that easy to shutdown simracing604’s channel, then what is stopping us from shutting down ****dreams’ channel?

Last edited by a moderator:

safi hellie

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
It's really unbelievable, few weeks ago iRacing, Jimmy B and BMW motorsport were all over simdream like a rash, i wrongly assumed this could finish them.... weeks later they still exist, but worse than that they forcibly try to take down a youtuber for expressing an opinion ....

Bizarre.
YT don't shower themselves in glory here either, i mean on a larger wider scale of importance if someone was a whistle blower for serious wrong doing with something then you could silence them with YT strikes in this same way.

In fact, i am sure that does happen... yet YT does and has in the past allowed various hate preachers (of all religions) to have videos up.

Netherlands
Middelburg
It's really unbelievable, few weeks ago iRacing, Jimmy B and BMW motorsport were all over simdream like a rash, i wrongly assumed this could finish them.... weeks later they still exist, but worse than that they forcibly try to take down a youtuber for expressing an opinion ....

Bizarre.
YT don't shower themselves in glory here either, i mean on a larger wider scale of importance if someone was a whistle blower for serious wrong doing with something then you could silence them with YT strikes in this same way.

In fact, i am sure that does happen... yet YT does and has in the past allowed various hate preachers (of all religions) to have videos up.

Belgium
Belgium
View attachment 995986 @SimRacing604 has been hit by numerous copyright strikes by SimDream since he called them out for selling on stolen work.

I don't understand how they can attack multiple videos when "their" content isn't in any of them.. I hope his channel doesn't shut down, i really enjoy his content

Canada
Canada
evilgloomy

Bizarre.

It would be insane if jimmy B's channel got copyright strike by RTM/Simdream

Turkey
Turkey

Bizarre.

YT is the REAL problem, they will shut down anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

Same old story with SD and the community outrage which will go no where. RMI is 100 % correct, get permission from the original modders and make the same content and release it for free. That's the only way to fight it. That and share the **** out of their **** ball mods. :lol:

Canada
Canada
evilgloomy
YT is the REAL problem, they will shut down anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

Same old story with SD and the community outrage which will go no where. RMI is 100 % correct, get permission from the original modders and make the same content and release it for free. That's the only way to fight it. That and share the **** out of their **** ball mods. :lol:

It is difficult to share their stuff when everyone else is protecting themselves by not allowing their mods to be shared.

Argentina
Argentina
I've checked the mirrors.ini no problems there. The material used on GTAm is named different, unfortunately I can't rename the material for some reason, or renaming it didn't do the trick.

I think I've seen the other version, but that's a mess. Let's hope geroda74's version will be nice.
Where can I keep track of that?
https://www.facebook.com/geroda74/

Sadly though, most of his mods (and any mods he will release from now on) are locked behind a paywall. You can either send him money via PayPal (a rather steep amount) or join his Patreon. Recently some of his mods got leaked, an as a result he stopped releasing free mods and created the Patreon account. I want some of his mods so badly, but paying for conversions, no matter how well done they might be, it's kinda immoral to me. Not to mention his prices are prohibitive for my country's standards.