Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,814 comments
It´s not the best way; RMI already gave the best way: Reconvert from the original source and spread the news thru word of mouth

Going against SD directly is not a winning game, just a fools errand

No, thats not the best way, the best way is to create an entirely new mod that is up to modern Kunos/GT Sport standard. Nobody would want an RF1 converted mod when there is something that is way better available. The question is, who is going to do this and fund it? If nobody within the community could step up to fill the void, RTM/Simdream will continue to exist especially how divided the community is over encrypted content already.

At the same time on RTM and Simdream's point of view is that all the mods from RF1 or elsewhere are out there and nobody made the effort to convert it to assetto corsa. Look How many F1 mods out there that wasn't converted by Simdream originally.

Last edited:
the answer to sim-schlock-dream issue may be pretty simple, message Ilja, make him aware of the issue, and ask him to release a CM patch that makes all simdream cars not work. strangle them at the source.
Good idea, But Will they not just repack there crap to beat that mate, just like any patch.

Last edited:
No, thats not the best way, the best way is to create an entirely new mod that is up to modern Kunos/GT Sport standard. Nobody would want an RF1 converted mod when there is something that is way better available.

Fair enough, that´s the ideal best way...

The question is, who is going to do this and fund it?

but this is why converting from the original source is better; more practial at the end of the day

but this is why converting from the original source is better; more practial at the end of the day

converting them properly still takes a decent amount of effort and time. Regardless of getting permission or not, no one is willing to do it.

If we all had the skills of DDM or other talented teams and could make a mod every few days. garbage mod seller like RTM/SimDream would have no market or reason to exsist.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's stealing skins and uploads them with an autoinstaller virus...
he did that yesterday with a Formula Hybrid Alpha Tauri skin as well, I noticed it because he had just blatantly copied everything from wording to screenshots, and the autoinstaller.exe as well. Somebody even asked why he had packed the skin like that and his anwser was "it's easier to install that way", tells you all you need to know to report that thing, an hour later it was gone gladly...

Kyalami 1967 - Addon Features

Alike other members have mentioned on this thread, this track is one of those must-have for your memorabilia of racing collection...

Recently drove Guerilla's Toyota S-FR Racing mod on a 20lap race, and had a hoot... It felt fast and flowing, take a peek at this short video. 18car grid, evening racing, with a reasonable FPS count.

@Cozy61, out on a limb here, but this historical GP track is a strong candidate to be included in the Round the World Challenge that you're putting together.

View attachment 995914

Addon features:
- track & ambient lighting
- rain FX
- replay cameras
- vao-patch

Rename compressed file to it's original .7z format (by removing "_.txt") - enjoy.

Further goodies found on this thread:
- mod link by @protofb (@LiquidSkyMan)
- AI lanes from @KevinK2
- cams from @DaBaeda

Thanks for this! This stunning track just got better with its modification.

IE1f4D.jpg

EDIT: 09/03/2021 Updated versions here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2308#post-13369080

I did an F1 championship for this fun car last year but thought I would use the Nations theme to do an F1 Nations Cup on the 2021 circuits with each nation having a driver - Its a rough WIP at the moment but wanted some feedback to see if anyone would be interested in such a championship?
__custom_showroom_1615152974.jpg
__custom_showroom_1615153026.jpg
Screenshot_pessio_garage_rd1_ks_barcelona_7-2-121-1-19-40.jpg

(Helmet, drivers suit and gloves included in skin)
Skins go here; yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\pessio_garage_rd1\skins
Car here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886/

Regarding SDD
Thank you for the profile pic @safi hellie Hope you dont mind me using it as well- This must be so frustrating for @SimRacing604 - Some may say their (SDD) action is intimidating and threatening (I tend to agree with that theory)- However, it also It smacks of petty disruptive behaviour as they know the agro Mike will have to go through to sort this out with YT - All I can say is that they must be scared of losing their income if they have to resort to this behaviour - Stay strong Mike we are behind you all the way!

Attachments

• 2021_italy_99.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 2021_spain_43.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Since when there are two versions of this car? His issues are still caused by not using csp
well, I thought it was 2 different cars, the most complete version of Rudolph the CarGuy, and there is another version from, sorry I cant remind, which is a incomplete version, and textures apart, one sign I can notice different between both cars, was the texture of the headlights...sorry

Kyalami 1967 - Addon Features

Alike other members have mentioned on this thread, this track is one of those must-have for your memorabilia of racing collection...

Recently drove Guerilla's Toyota S-FR Racing mod on a 20lap race, and had a hoot... It felt fast and flowing, take a peek at this short video. 18car grid, evening racing, with a reasonable FPS count.

@Cozy61, out on a limb here, but this historical GP track is a strong candidate to be included in the Round the World Challenge that you're putting together.

View attachment 995914

Addon features:
- track & ambient lighting
- rain FX
- replay cameras
- vao-patch

Rename compressed file to it's original .7z format (by removing "_.txt") - enjoy.

Further goodies found on this thread:
- mod link by @protofb (@LiquidSkyMan)
- AI lanes from @KevinK2
- cams from @DaBaeda

Was very much looking forward to this, however I keep receiving a "virus detected" message, preventing me from DL.
upload_2021-3-6_21-2-33.png

Any suggestions?

I did an F1 championship for this fun car last year but thought I would use the Nations theme to do an F1 Nations Cup on the 2021 circuits with each nation having a driver - Its a rough WIP at the moment but wanted some feedback to see if anyone would be interested in such a championship?
View attachment 996077 View attachment 996078
Copy helmets to; yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_helmet\HELMET_1969
Skins go here; yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\pessio_garage_rd1\skins
Car here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886/

Regarding SDD
Thank you for the profile pic @safi hellie Hope you dont mind me using it as well- This must be so frustrating for @SimRacing604 - Some may say their (SDD) action is intimidating and threatening (I tend to agree with that theory)- However, it also It smacks of petty disruptive behaviour as they know the agro Mike will have to go through to sort this out with YT - All I can say is that they must be scared of losing their income if they have to resort to this behaviour - Stay strong Mike we are behind you all the way!

Excellent idea Cozy64.
If this ends up being a go . . . Canadian team please?
Ahhh . . . lol . . . I suppose Canada is on the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racedepartment have had their day. They are destroying more mods than cherishing these days. I understand the legality criteria of mods has changed for 2021 and the modderators/creators have to keep it real as they face the legal actions. Some Modders have been forced to go down the YouTube links option so all sorts of crap is turning up on there. GTPlanet is the place to be right now.
ah yes, so you're just being upset because your skins were taken down due to a takedown request, therefore you're stating that "RaceDepartment have had their day"?

based.

Last edited:
Was very much looking forward to this, however I keep receiving a "virus detected" message, preventing me from DL.
View attachment 996088
Any suggestions?

bummer news... Just checked the integrity of the uploaded-file - all good.
scan_results.jpg

Try some of the following: use another browser, just checked top (4) browsers and none indicate any integrity-threats (explorer, chrome, firefox and safari).

If all else fails at your end, happy to send via mail.... let me know.

Last edited:

Try some of the following: use another browser, just checked top (4) browsers and none indicate any integrity-threats (explorer, chrome, firefox and safari).

This isn't necessarily aimed at you - but your post is relevant to it - so feel free to ignore the quote notification.

Not that you should have to prove the file is clean, but if you want to prove that a file is clean - the safest way to do so is to upload it to virustotal as this gives the end user much more information (it checks it with multiple antivirus databases)

I got the same Trojan virus warning as well when I downloaded it earlier today. Not sure why...

Which, yeah, is a shame because the update to Kyalami looks fantastic. :-(

Last edited:
Last edited:
I will continue to release tracks from groups that charge for converted content (ala Gilles75). This has not stopped him from selling what he already has, but offers an option for users to choose. My converts are better, higher quality, and nearly all have actual permissions from the original scratch builder, or original converter.

At one point I was going to do the same with SD cars, but my car mods takes 5x the time to get right (for me). Due to the legacy of simracing and RMi, I have ALOT of original mod content in my archives AND have familiarity or direct contact with original authors/teams. Much of that content is not up to the standard to look proper in AC, but much of it is also good.

IF it was me, I would start with IDt mods done by Dave Purdy, some have been converted "legally", (others by SD). VLN and VLN junior team, HistoryX, etc. are other teams with content to consider for quality sources.

I am also opposed to a few other people and groups SELLING/DONATIONWARE of GT6/CSR/ETC conversions, even if they have done extensive work to put them into AC.
(most of these types show the car in blender/max untextured body parts to look like they are scratch built).
Please also do not cater to these people/groups.

The best WE can do is GIVE THE COMMUNITY A CHOICE

Last edited:
View attachment 996088
Any suggestions?
disable and delete your stupid anti-virus that is flagging mods as false positives

iks
I've never had any anti-virus software on any of my machines since maybe the mid 2000s. No issues here and besides avoiding obvious dangers, I'm not that careful. :D
same for me (but more like 1999)

Last edited:
From Fecebook. This is not my mod. I haven't tested it yet, so install at your own risk. :)

**EDIT** I've had a chance to test it. For a Test 2 version, it's looking and driving pretty good. I think it has a little too much oversteer, and maybe needs some slight adjustments to the suspension and downforce. For tracks with longer straightaways, be sure to adjust and "lengthen" the gear ratios. The only problem I can see with the model is that the vents need to be smoothed to remove their facetted appearance.

Remember, this is currently a TEST version (though it's quite good so far), so be positive if you have any comments or suggestions, and I can forward them to the modder, and he's also a member of this forum.

Greg Oganesov
Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator Group

13h ·

Test 2
https://sharemods.com/jo2.../R.Hayami_Mclaren_F1_v2.rar.html

Delete the old one

Last edited:
This isn't necessarily aimed at you - but your post is relevant to it - so feel free to ignore the quote notification.

Not that you should have to prove the file is clean, but if you want to prove that a file is clean - the safest way to do so is to upload it to virustotal as this gives the end user much more information (it checks it with multiple antivirus databases)

I got the same Trojan virus warning as well when I downloaded it earlier today. Not sure why...

Which, yeah, is a shame because the update to Kyalami looks fantastic. :-(

It's a false positive, the file appears to be clean. It's probably happening because the file has two file extensions (.txt was added to the end)

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/...ec90571627e35d20d6d36b874ffc8d00948/detection

disable and delete your stupid anti-virus that is flagging mods as false positives

iks
I've never had any anti-virus software on any of my machines since maybe the mid 2000s. No issues here and besides avoiding obvious dangers, I'm not that careful. :D

Good general feedback... All of the above comments are relevant and factual with reference to the sharing-of-files' dilemma... There are so many variables to consider that would affect users in many different ways... Hence, the concerns raised, and the sharing of that concern to the rest of the community... It's all good, discussion leads to further understanding.

Based off a previous experience, I've come across quite-clever and overly-sensitive virus-software to the INI file-format - most likely the false-positive situation here.

Checking the file-integrity as an exercise is just a prudent & positive way to demonstrate the integrity-process resulted in a "don't panic" situation. It also heightens the awareness of this experience to other users - a win/win all round.

Thanks all 👍

Not a huge deal guys.
I DL ini.txt files all the time without issue.
I use Chrome as my default . . . but moved over to MS Edge as a test, but same warning / same result.
Again - no worries. Thanks for recommendations. I'm good.

Not a huge deal guys.
I DL ini.txt files all the time without issue.
I use Chrome as my default . . . but moved over to MS Edge as a test, but same warning / same result.
Again - no worries. Thanks for recommendations. I'm good.

Here's a Mega DL for the original file (without the _.txt)

kyalami_1967__lights+rainFX+cams+vao.7z

Can't have anyone missing out... Let us know if similar or improved results...

Last edited:
iks
windows defender silly lol we all have that if we are on windows. but i get you, havent had a virus in years.

windows defender silly lol we all have that if we are on windows. but i get you, havent had a virus in years.
no, I dont have it.
I have removed and disabled it ever since it was delivered with windows 7 and 10
As well, most of "security center" is disabled, no firewall etc (if you are on a LAN... you are already firewalled to some extent) since winXP until now.

Oh, you like Help and Security center? In 2004 I discovered a vulnerability that USED this service to DELIVER MALWARE
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/securitybulletins/2004/ms04-015
(scroll to the bottom, "Other information, acknowledgements", note the name ;) )

I don't use it either but he said he doesn't have any and I was being smart :lol: I had no idea you could remove it though. Use a script?

so lets be clear i think they will go after these mods next as these are the ones missing from their f1 collection :

F1 1991 :
link is in video
F1 1979
F1 1999
F1 1989

all of these exist for rfactor and or gtr 2

if someone would want to start here is the link of the 91 mod to start with

Last edited:
Like Robin Hood

I know its not the best way..
But i dont know about another way of preventing others to buy from them.

As I already wrote, we just have to inform the community in every post for a while.

"By the way, I think that you shouldn't buy anything from Sim Dream Development for the well-known reasons."

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back