Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 100,827 comments
Finland
Helsinki
windows defender silly lol we all have that if we are on windows. but i get you, havent had a virus in years.
no, I dont have it.
I have removed and disabled it ever since it was delivered with windows 7 and 10
As well, most of "security center" is disabled, no firewall etc (if you are on a LAN... you are already firewalled to some extent) since winXP until now.

Oh, you like Help and Security center? In 2004 I discovered a vulnerability that USED this service to DELIVER MALWARE
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/securitybulletins/2004/ms04-015
(scroll to the bottom, "Other information, acknowledgements", note the name ;) )

United States
California
ish1tyounot
I don't use it either but he said he doesn't have any and I was being smart :lol: I had no idea you could remove it though. Use a script?

Italy
Germany
so lets be clear i think they will go after these mods next as these are the ones missing from their f1 collection :

F1 1991 :
link is in video
F1 1979
F1 1999
F1 1989

all of these exist for rfactor and or gtr 2

if someone would want to start here is the link of the 91 mod to start with

Last edited:
Germany
Franconia
Like Robin Hood

I know its not the best way..
But i dont know about another way of preventing others to buy from them.

As I already wrote, we just have to inform the community in every post for a while.

"By the way, I think that you shouldn't buy anything from Sim Dream Development for the well-known reasons."

Netherlands
Netherlands
Just here to say I support Mike from Simracing604. I'll be posting a video tomorrow which proves undeniably in a way they can't combat that they used my sounds without permission. I delve into the files etc. BTW not been here in a long time. How's everyone doing? Any new requests do let me know!
Glad to have you here! My request would be maybe a soundmod for the F40 (with some nice crackles on the overrun). But the one that I would like to see the most is a good 787B sound (I already requested this through Discord though)! :drool:

Germany
Franconia
Putting the same message in every post counts as spam. You do however have a signature option you can use.

OK, if you consider this as spam, then we have absolutely no chance to inform people. who have no gtplanet account and don't see the signature. And the signature text is too small, to have an effect. That's really sad. :banghead:

Last edited:
Germany
Bonn
GTAce
Just here to say I support Mike from Simracing604. I'll be posting a video tomorrow which proves undeniably in a way they can't combat that they used my sounds without permission. I delve into the files etc. BTW not been here in a long time. How's everyone doing? Any new requests do let me know!
Hope you didn't forget our convo on RD. ;):cheers:
Nice to see you here!

Italy
Italy
New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, GrassFX, LightsFX + VAO for the ruapuna_park2012 updated by @DaBaeda.

This is only the ext_config (his original ones is backupeed as ext_config_original) inside the folder. It's more complete because he's one have only GrassFX and some textures fix in terms of exposure. Enjoy :)

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.38.13.82.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.38.25.37.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.38.35.91.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.38.50.72.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.39.47.15.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 11.40.10.93.png

https://sharemods.com/hgr8xuxcaxeo/New_EXT_CONFIG___VAO_by_CrisT86.rar.html

Last edited:
Greece
Greece

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
OK, if you consider this as spam, then we have absolutely no chance to inform people. who have no gtplanet account and don't see the signature. And the signature text is too small, to have an effect. That's really sad. :banghead:
The message is not relevant to your delivery method being spam.

Belgium
Belgium
I was hoping to not see it here, but there is it. Also about the (This is not my mod. I haven't tested it yet, so install at your own risk) if this is not your mod then don't post it at least ask first
About the first part of your post... why is that ? FB exclusive ? Lots of people are NOT on :censored:book FYI...

Ukraine
Ukraine
I was hoping to not see it here, but there is it. Also about the (This is not my mod. I haven't tested it yet, so install at your own risk) if this is not your mod then don't post it at least ask first
Did you not want it shared because this car is only a test build, or do you not like any of your mods being shared?

Hungary
Hungary
so lets be clear i think they will go after these mods next as these are the ones missing from their f1 collection :

F1 1991 :
link is in video
F1 1979
F1 1999
F1 1989

all of these exist for rfactor and or gtr 2

if someone would want to start here is the link of the 91 mod to start with

I think 1991 not so interesting, because ASR Formula making this season from scratch. Released 10 cars (= teams) for free, and 4 car in EarlyAccess beta, only is 4 missing.

I can share working link for all other mod in Rfactor. (But basicly some models comes from F1Challenge! :D )

I more prefer to do F1 1999.
For me it was a unique season, a lot of driver changes, surprise podiums and wins (example France, Nurburgring).
Only 2 car is exsists for AC from this season:
- the Ferrari (good quality scratch made by ASR)
- and the Williams converted from (rF1 or F1C or similar), there was an older version, and other updated by Velo(?). But the physics is very very understeer for me ---> undriveable....

Can anybody contact with the creators of these mods?

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
the answer to sim-schlock-dream issue may be pretty simple, message Ilja, make him aware of the issue, and ask him to release a CM patch that makes all simdream cars not work. strangle them at the source.

I can appreciate the anger and helplessness felt by people at the ongoing situation, but this is absolutely not the way forward to a positive conclusion. The very last thing we should be encouraging is handing groups or individuals the power to decide what content we can or cannot use with the game.

Greece
Greece
About the first part of your post... why is that ? FB exclusive ? Lots of people are NOT on :censored:book FYI...
it's not FB exclusive it's a test version of the mod and it's not ready. when it will be ready I will share it, the car still has no sound and some other stuff I just take a sound from another car so it won't be silent

Did you not want it shared because this car is only a test build, or do you not like any of your mods being shared?
Yes because this car is only a test build it not have its own sound I just take from another car so it won't be silent and some other stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Germany
Germany
View attachment 995960
I just released v0.95 this beast. Enjoy. This is to give back to the community who give so much to us.

It is my first release/conversion/modification and I don't know what I don't know, so please be gentle. I can hold onto this forever to chip away at it or share for us all to enjoy and help correct. There are a few obvious things that needs attention.

This is for all of us, and I hope all of us can help perfect it. All I ask is that we maintain sanity on the versions. I added a version number, so please update with fixes, or send to me and I will maintain.

I would love help from the community to fix a few things please.

@flyingsaucer - wipers
@Masscot - driver / steering animation
@Arturi - any additional shading

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1966-ford-mustang-rtr.40465/ - its just a matter of time before this car gets removed from RD.

I will update link to Mega after. Used RD as an initial distribution channel. Nearly 500 downloads in 2 hours - I would say it served its purpose.

All the best,
why am i tagged? i never touched the car

why am i tagged? i never touched the car

I never said you did. If you read the post again, you will see that I am asking for your help to look at the car and see if you can improve it, like you did with the 250.

Of course you don’t have to. Wow, this type of response really makes me consider if it’s worth sharing anything. I may have overestimated the value of doing so.

Italy
Italy
I never said you did. If you read the post again, you will see that I am asking for your help to look at the car and see if you can improve it, like you did with the 250.

Of course you don’t have to. Wow, this type of response really makes me consider if it’s worth sharing anything. I may have overestimated the value of doing so.
To be fair your post wasn't clear, I thought those people worked on the mod and the answer was legit imo. If I was tagged in a post I would ask for some explanation too.

I have downloaded the car and the first thing I would advise you to do is to bake body ao and add it to the skins, they all lack it.
And another weird thing is about rims, when in cm you try to make a new skin they completely disappear and show only the brake discs (which looks low poly, maybe they come from lod b or lod c?)

To be fair your post wasn't clear, I thought those people worked on the mod and the answer was legit imo. If I was tagged in a post I would ask for some explanation too.

I have downloaded the car and the first thing I would advise you to do is to bake body ao and add it to the skins, they all lack it.
And another weird thing is about rims, when in cm you try to make a new skin they completely disappear and show only the brake discs (which looks low poly, maybe they come from lod b or lod c?)

I updated the post. Please check to see if it stil confusing. If anyone read the actual credits on RD they would know who helped and who didn’t. But hey, who does that right. Let’s just download and **** all over it.

Do you know how to AO bake? if so, go ahead and help.

I made the wheels that way on purpose. It will be obvious to see when the car has been tinkered with. At least not full encryption. Think of it as a form of version control.

for your skins just transfer the ss.x files (rim files) to the directory of the skin.

Last edited:
Italy
Italy
I updated the post. Please check to see if it stil confusing.

Do you know how to AO bake? if so, go ahead and help.
In cm showroom, click the body of the car, open the txdiffuse texture, click on generate AO. Save the texture that gets made and place it on the txdiffuse slot. You should use that one to make a bright green version to use as txmap, if you have ps you just need to lead the ao and paint the green channel using white. Save it then and place it in the txmap slot.

To add ao to skins, load the skins textures (the ones for the body), load the AO you made previously.
Place the AO layer on top of the painted layer containing the livery and set the AO layer to "multiply" instead of normal.
Now save it overwriting the old skin texture and it's done

In cm showroom, click the body of the car, open the txdiffuse texture, click on generate AO. Save the texture that gets made and place it on the txdiffuse slot. You should use that one to make a bright green version to use as txmap, if you have ps you just need to lead the ao and paint the green channel using white. Save it then and place it in the txmap slot.

To add ao to skins, load the skins textures (the ones for the body), load the AO you made previously.
Place the AO layer on top of the painted layer containing the livery and set the AO layer to "multiply" instead of normal.
Now save it overwriting the old skin texture and it's done

this is helpful. Is this something you can do and post here as an update?