- 21

- Lisboa
1. I swore off Pateon because it generates a culture of "perpetual beta" status to keep the dollars coming and projects never actually finishing.
2. I have a Mavic Pro (with 4 batteries, the headset etc) collecting dust in a corner since they changed the law here and I live next a military base, I basically cannot fly it anymore.
if your need is legit, and you will openly share the process of scanning, stitching and software steps for processing to a track, I can donate the mavic, shipping to your pocket. (from sydney Australia), drone is good for about 25 minutes of full toss flying or 45 minutes for applications like photogrammetry, 16MP camera etc. more than ample.
I for one would love to know how to overcome the low poly nature of photgrammetry. Also how you break the single mesh it produces into useable parts etc etc. When I was playing with it some years ago the surveying software was hellish expensive (like 15K+) and results were still not really usable other than a "general" idea.. still requiring complete redraw of the project using the photgrammetry output as a reference, kind of defeating the point when 10-30m lidar seesm to be available nearly everywhere nowadays. If you can solve this I will do my damn licence for my P4P.
Patreon vs. single donation... I prefer single donation because you know where your money is going and you don't need to cancel if you don't like it. Much more transparent.
Wow that's very generous of you! My initial plan is to use a Phantom 4 (or 4 Pro) since that's what i've been studying in connection with Pix4D, etc.
Yeah all the data collected would have to be remade since there wold be a zillion cloud points and polygons
Don't understimate the power of donation in this case: people donate more if they know what's behind the idea of the mod and for what purpose you want to invest your money. In other ways, people refuse to give money for bad mods (even for converted)... what RTM do with all that money (for bad mods)? Do they buy weapons? We don't know!
Just to be clear I don't mean people need to give a justification for or in what they spend their money, but what I want to say is that your cause is noble so people people are more inclined to invest in what you do, because you would create something that few maybe do rather than give money for bad and/or ripped mods.
(In my humble opinion)
I'm going to set up a description page
(and hopefully release the VW Polo G40 beta as an added bonus...)
The main objective is to get better data for our Vila do Conde '88 track which has been in the works since forever, you can see a clip below that also shows our Citroen AX Cup.
Aside from VC'88 we would like to make Vila Real '88 which is completely different from nowadays WTCC version. Both city tracks, both a lot of work.
Since i'm based in Portugal the drone would be used to remake Braga/Vasco Sameiro, Lousada Rallycross and a few karts tracks i'd imagine. We're looking into Falperra Hillclimb as well further down the road.
The iPhone 12 Pro "lidar" sensor is great to capture houses and other objects on-the-go - i'm actually surprised no one is using it for trackside objects creation. Still new tech and there's no competition unfortunately (i'm a Xiaomi/Android user...).
I'll post some news soon hopefully. And thanks for the support both of you!