Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,979 comments
well. I did look again and I did find a model of the Barina.. but. US$1395.. = AU$1800.. I dont think the actual car is worth that :(

upload_2021-3-13_9-45-43.png

Thanks for the mega pack, they are all Sim Dxxx cars but having already tried them they are not equal in power, some go faster some less, it would be nice to have the same physics for all the cars in the pack so that there are no disparities.

That's what direct conversions of someones mod do... cars look familiar...

Sigh.

well. I did look again and I did find a model of the Barina.. but. US$1395.. = AU$1800.. I dont think the actual car is worth that :(

View attachment 997352
Do you really need the engine made in 3D? And interior texturing?
What's the european equivalent of the Barina? Opel Corsa?

Edit: Just saw it's the Chevrolet Aveo. If you buy the model i can reduce the polycount and put it ingame. Making an interior is another story :)

Last edited:
Do you really need the engine made in 3D? And interior texturing?
What's the european equivalent of the Barina? Opel Corsa?

Edit: Just saw it's the Chevrolet Aveo. If you buy the model i can reduce the polycount and put it ingame. Making an interior is another story :)
It was a nice thought for my son to be able to drive his car in AC (he is 17). Not a real need for it though, but, if I was to do it id do it right for him, animations, motor etc.

Ill poke around a bit I found a pretty poor model being built for AC on some korean website but if my google-translate-fu was right it was beta and a complete one will come out soon. easier to fix (its a racing version with wings and wheels at 45 degree cambers etc ;)

View attachment 997352
They are also way too much high poly took a peak at one of those HUM 3D models and found that it has way more polys than a Forza or a GT car loading it up in kseditor would be a nightmare. Same goes for having them in a grid the FPS would drop so hard lol. Not sure if SQUIR models are heavy? But either way i would instead recommend commissioning a 3D artist instead to do a 3D model.

Last edited:
They are also way too much high poly took a peak at one of those HUM 3D models and found that it has way more polys than a Forza or a GT car loading it up in kseditor would be a nightmare. Same goes for having them in a grid the FPS would drop so hard lol. Not sure if SQUIR models are heavy? But either way i would instead recommend commissioning a 3D artist instead to a 3D model.

SQUIR models are even heavier!
Chevrolet Aveos can be found on the internet so the only thing to change would be the front bumper and grille. There's also an interior on 3dcadbrowser.
But yeah, having a 3d modeler do it would be a lot better.

SQUIR models are even heavier!
Chevrolet Aveos can be found on the internet so the only thing to change would be the front bumper and grille. There's also an interior on 3dcadbrowser.
But yeah, having a 3d modeler do it would be a lot better.
Forza has an Chevrolet Aveo from the looks the car looks pretty much the same just need someone to port it over to AC.

Last edited:
Hi

Is there any way to fix these mirrors? I leave Real Mirrors on and this is the first mod that happens (it's the Honda Prelude reworked by Wolf24).

IQAi9a.jpg

Last edited:
With some work, this could look really good.
finished reassociating the textures to it so it looks a bit better.

Download link, knock yourselves out. Model only.

it has a bunch of strange lines all called dummythis dummythat, i left them in there as I dont now if they are useful for the car modding guys, also this was converted from GTA3, via a strange kinda plugin thing for blender that didnt even want to run on newer versions, had to install an old blender for it ;) so if stuff is missing? no idea

upload_2021-3-13_14-12-12.png

upload_2021-3-13_14-12-35.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
finished reassociating the textures to it so it looks a bit better. Anyone that wants it in this state, knock yourselves out. the FBX at that link.

it has a bunch of strnge lines all called dummythis dummy that, i left them in there as I dont now if they are useful, also this was converted from GTA3, via a strange kinda plugin thing for blender that didnt even want to run on newer versions, had to install an old blender for it ;) so if stuff is missing? no idea

View attachment 997375
View attachment 997376

Redoing the texture map and materials could already do wonders to this model.

well still no luck on the hatch variant, i scoured the GTA crowd and found a rip of the forza motorsport 3 model, but its been so badly decimated to make it run in gta3 it looks like a lodD up close, and it has no interior :(
upload_2021-3-13_14-44-19.png

you need forza studios to extract FM3/4 models

How are the other models as above being extracted? There are 3-4 versions of this on GTA, all claiming to be the FM3 version, but they are ALL missing interiors sadly. Is it a tool?

I might nick the interior from the bigger car I already have and try fix the one above.

Last edited:
I tried his "gold" Masser GT, and was in recycle bin after 2 horrendous laps... super bad physics.

50$ hj? Hell... I can do that for free myself (and convert cars/tracks to AC)
You sure have a lot of strong opinions on physics for someone who's done exactly one AC car, and for that you got everything from a pre-existing rF2 mod. The rest of your work is ancient, low-quality-by-todays-standards rF1 stuff and some pretty decent track mods (not in the top tier, but serviceable and I appreciate your efforts).

Meanwhile Geroda74 has made over 20 really excellent (physics-wise, the interiors can be a little rough) AC mods. His 911 Leichtbau , Dino 246 and 512BB are all far more enjoyable to drive than anything you've done, and are in the top tier of all AC cars I've ever tried.

While I've never driven a Leichtbau or a 512BB, I have driven a US-spec (~175hp) Dino and he really nailed how that car felt (well, except for the flat spots in the rev range - nobody's perfect). His cars do a fantastic job of communicating weight transfer, which is rare with AC cars in general (compared to, for example, rF2).

I look forward to seeing some of these car conversions which you indicate are so easy, so I can compare your work. What's the hold-up?

Last edited:
well still no luck on the hatch variant, i scoured the GTA crowd and found a rip of the forza motorsport 3 model, but its been so badly decimated to make it run in gta3 it looks like a lodD up close, and it has no interior :(
View attachment 997396

How are the other models as above being extracted? There are 3-4 versions of this on GTA, all claiming to be the FM3 version, but they are ALL missing interiors sadly. Is it a tool?

I might nick the interior from the bigger car I already have and try fix the one above.

IIRC Only FM4 started having interiors.

Meanwhile Geroda74 has made over 20 really excellent (physics-wise, the interiors can be a little rough) AC mods. His 911 Leichtbau , Dino 246 and 512BB are all far more enjoyable to drive than anything you've done, and are in the top tier of all AC cars I've ever tried.
I did not mention these cars, did I?

You sure have a lot of strong opinions on physics for someone who's done exactly one AC car, and for that you got everything from a pre-existing rF2 mod.
Incorrect

btw, your tactics are... laughable, as well... childish and obvious. But I appreciate your effort.

Found this via an article at Jalopnik: https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-fans-are-resurrecting-beloved-cars-from-retro-1846407708

Soldat Raggio from Ridge Racer. Basically almost entirely scratch made (because the original 3D model isn't up to scratch), with performance as close as possible to the original car while making it believable for a sim. The author also manages to include a rocket start feature using KERS :crazy:

If twitter link doesn't show up, here's the DL: https://mega.nz/file/84ljDSxD#s3L7cMPTbxoDGRDKhTsi25m_iR8HZTIcdSfejRrnv4A

They're trying to port a few more cars and even some RR tracks. Reading the readme, their discord is called "Trackside 765" but I can't find it via google. I know one of the members is a member on GTP who used to do lots of hybrid modding in GT2, but hasn't been active since 2018. If anyone is interested in helping them out, get in touch!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/xenn.160601/
https://www.youtube.com/user/GTPXenn

Last edited:
Seems we have some recent talk about GTA V cars being converted to AC, is there a resident expert here that takes on such tasks? Reason I'm asking is because there is a 60's Batmobile mod for GTA V that I would love to drive in AC.
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/batmobile-1966
Wondered if this would be possible for someone to undertake. Or point me in the direction of someone that could bring that model in. It has quite a unique shape both interior and exterior.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back