New Ilja Light Patch 1.74 preview 33
• CSP got configs that are applied to all cars and all tracks. With them, rain tyre patterns now can be applied to all cars that need them.
• Rain tyres physics parameters adjusted and fixed.
• Loading should be smoother and faster, especially with new loading caching option (I’ve added profiler which shows where time is spent exactly, and what parts were causing freezes; more optimizations are coming soon).
• All crash messages were reworked to be more informative and helpful.
• With extended physics it’s possible now to redefine collision parameters, such as friction, bounciness or softness, for both cars and tracks with new extended tracks physics (particularly helpful to make heavy cars more stiff — original AC collisions are a bit soft to simulate a bit of a flex, but those settings work well only for more lightweight cars). Also, new option now allows to tweak online collisions, helpful for cars with mass vastly different from 1000 kg (documentation is coming soon).
• And, as usual, a bunch of fixes and optimizations.
Big thing for me with this preview build is the fixes to physics with the game engine and large tracks. No wheel shake on Targa Florio or LA canyons anymore this is really really exciting! With him explaining also he has a fix in near future for the visual shaking also, this is a huge game changer for me. One of things that bothered me the most about AC so far at least in regards to the physics has now been fixed and soon no more of that shaking visually. AC future is looking quite bright at the moment now this and the rain is coming together nicely.