Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,326 comments
Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.0

Finally i got the time and help to finish it . I hope you like it.

9 layouts.
- Indy 500
- Indy GP
- F1 GP (based on USA F1 GP)
- Moto GP
- Loco GP (based on Infield Layout from older conversions)
- All road courses have reversed layouts.
----
AI, AI limits, VAO patches DRS zones by KevinK2
Cams by DaBaeda

Many thanks to Coby Hill, KevinK2, slider666, Fanapryde and DaBaeda i appreciate your help a lot.

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg
great!

Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.96

- many updates - see changelog.txt if interested.

The car will install into a new folder if you have the old version. I was hoping to get more accurate physics done before this release but that doesn't look likely in the near future, so maybe that will be in the 1.0 release :)

Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004)

Have a nice weekend!
:cheers:

Hi @norms , thank you for update this car, but onething,I try to race it, but I got this error, is there some way to fix it?
996.2.png

Any chance we can see Calder Park and the Calder Park Thunderdome. It's a Australian classic. A great circuit and by the late 80's the Thunderdome was built. Nascar did a race in the late 80's. It would be awesome to see this circuit and the Thunderdome in AC.

More info here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calder_Park_Raceway

new w.i.p's status:

Calder** - 5%
SandownRaceway2012** - 5%
Finchfield - 5%
HernadValley - 5%
PebbleBeachRevival - 20%
Neuplanitz - 50%
Thermalito - 50%
Canberra400 - 50%
MadeenaAlBahar* - 90%
Keimola* - 98%

(Listed by relative priority. Other tracks not listed may be released prior to those listed.)

Special Commission Project - 4 tracks completed (many remain)
Special w.i.p projects - 2 tracks at 90% (very large city/world environments)

*pending 3rd party colabs
**GSE sources require road materials converted to objects for a physical mesh

Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.0

Finally i got the time and help to finish it . I hope you like it.

9 layouts.
- Indy 500
- Indy GP
- F1 GP (based on USA F1 GP)
- Moto GP
- Loco GP (based on Infield Layout from older conversions)
- All road courses have reversed layouts.
----
AI, AI limits, VAO patches DRS zones by KevinK2
Cams by DaBaeda

Many thanks to Coby Hill, KevinK2, slider666, Fanapryde and DaBaeda i appreciate your help a lot.

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg

Thanks to your hard work! A suggesttion of F1 layout's pitline. Thanks again.
163383446_783145352585994_4994141919243206994_o.jpg

Hello friends, if anyone can help. How to disable the file (cm.skin) in the folder where the files for the skins created in the Ferrari 250 LM are located in the following prints. The yellow painting I created, in the "showroom, Ecurie Francorchamps of 1965 generic" is what I would like to be on the track, but it is not appearing the way I want, as you can see in the other print. I am not able to leave it as in the appearance of the showroom. Follows the original version of the skin that has different shades. It is the first time that this problem arises. I thank you in advance that I can help.

I'm afraid it's the modelling, not the skins. There's a new conversion (possibly more than one) on the way for this car; might be worth waiting on one of those.

Hello friends, if anyone can help. How to disable the file (cm.skin) in the folder where the files for the skins created in the Ferrari 250 LM are located in the following prints. The yellow painting I created, in the "showroom, Ecurie Francorchamps of 1965 generic" is what I would like to be on the track, but it is not appearing the way I want, as you can see in the other print. I am not able to leave it as in the appearance of the showroom. Follows the original version of the skin that has different shades. It is the first time that this problem arises. I thank you in advance that I can help.

I'm afraid it's the modelling, not the skins. There's a new conversion (possibly more than one) on the way for this car; might be worth waiting on one of those.

I have been off modding for a few months now so my remembering is not as fresh.
Here is two potential causes for this issue:

1) paint effect definitions in the CSP car config file (look inside the extensions folder within the car folder and scan the config file for any metallic paint effect and material replacement definitions)
You can easily disable CSP config file definitions by placing a ";" in front of the definition for testing purposes until you have found the line causing the metallic effect.
You should also definitely study the CSP config wiki on github - it is arranged in the most excellent way and allows for super easy search and research of all relevant CSP config file functions.

2) the skin you are trying to "modify" may have been created with the CM paintshop (a fantastic feature if setup properly by proper object and material naming of relevant car parts).
To create your own non metallic effect skin do this:

- create a new skin within the CM custom showroom paintshop
- remove any excessive metallic effects in the paintshop
- set the appropriate base colour in the paintshop if you wish
- now create your paint templates and skin files from within the CM custom showroom and paint on them

Those metallic effects are NOT rooted in any way within the kn5 file (Kunos vanilla AC does not know such effects).
They are entirely created adhoc through either a CSP config definition or a skin file (created with the CM paint shop).

One exception may be if a modder has used CSP custom materials to be assigned through using the hacked ksEditor, then of course the material definitions with metallic effects could be baked into the objects material definitions within the packed kn5 file, but I highly doubt that given the very simple looking conversion job as seen in the images (I also have never done that myself and I would have to look up the specifics).
The latter allows for some truly amazing livery creations - see some of those partly chrome, partly regular paint liveries as used in recent years on modern GT race cars, ...

Has anyone converted the Sebring from Rfactor2? If not what is the best version of the track?

Sebring RF2 is quite simply the best track in sim racing. Thanks for remind me, signing off and going ot go race those LMPs!! .

There's one from rF2 in the works, testing phase atm, but it's coming together nicely. It has the same feel as in rF2, so prepare for some extended fun. :dopey:
The best one available right now would be the AC track reboot, reworked by Legion.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks

hi
I want to add the navigator to my mod
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
[Navigator_StyleNavitel]
Meshes = nav
Brightness = 1
@ = Navigator_Size, Resolution = "1024, 512", Offset = "0,35", Size = "950, 430"
I have this lines in ext_config file, but the navigator start only when I launch the objet inspector app

From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

Update--I'm experience a strange issue while using Real Mirrors in VR. The edges of the back window in the center mirror "blur" or "smudge" when you move your head. I've posted this issue for the creators of the mod. Otherwise, it's a really good mod.

Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator
added 59 new photos to the album: Porsche 928 GTS (1994).

2tSpohcgensoredg ·

Porsche 928 GTS (1994) v1.0
Our Racing Simulator
Good evening all.
Here it is, the first ever Porsche I rode in. 5.4-liter V8 and 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds, it packs a punch for sure. Tearing up the English country roads in this powerful sports car was an unforgeable highlight for me. Different, quirky and unaccepted by the public who preferred the 911. The 928 was apparently a mistake. A misguided belief by Porsche that it could replace the legendary 911. But it was also a very special sports car in many more ways than one, combining comfort and luxury with solid power and superb handling. And of course, Porsche wanted a last hurrah, the GTS was a glorious final act, the final version of the series. Well, if you're going to go, go with a bang!
Big thanks to Kuznetsov Anton for his help with the revised wipers' animation, I've had to modify the 3d and redesign the rear wiper, so it looked somewhat ok when animated, and he has done an excellent job as ever on it. Thanks bud!
Credits
Assetto Drive - Creator / Convertor
Kuznetsov Anton - Wipers Animation
Dan Bucsa - Full mod remaster...
MegaNZ link for mod download:
https://mega.nz/file/en5VHKZL#iy0I6wV1Hi_XvexEghhrtMJq15XRoH6hfvOWeHZEUFc

***Please install manually by unpacking the mod and copying the "content" folder into your AC folder and always delete the previous version, otherwise you are not getting the full experience.***
Mod Photo Album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=AssettoCorsaORS...

162720432_4291109550902243_594289842880120967_o.jpg

Dan Busca did a good job in updating the 928 from AssettoDrive.
I confirm the blurring in the rear window but in my version of CSP (1.74.p3) the 3 wipers work but they don't wipe the raindrops.
I own the original AD 928 which has excellent working wipers (front window only)
Lights and interior had a major upgrade, physics are race-ready but I do prefer AD physics for casual driving.
Many thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Hello everyone

Do you know where can I find these cars??

Attachments

• MARC-Cars-2017-24H-Series-730x487.jpg
    MARC-Cars-2017-24H-Series-730x487.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 54
  • historia-24-horas-le-mans-f1-y-bandazos-1992-1997-201846565_13.jpg
    historia-24-horas-le-mans-f1-y-bandazos-1992-1997-201846565_13.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 1200px-Formula_BMW_01.jpg
    1200px-Formula_BMW_01.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 2008_Gumpert_ApolloHybrid3.jpg
    2008_Gumpert_ApolloHybrid3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 73GB01_0.jpg
    73GB01_0.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Clay-Regazzoni-Ferrari-312B.1.jpg
    Clay-Regazzoni-Ferrari-312B.1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 52
  • Fórmula_3000_(Fernado_Alonso)01.jpg
    Fórmula_3000_(Fernado_Alonso)01.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 51
  • art-grand-prix-dallara-gp2-08-renault-bianchi-17073.jpg
    art-grand-prix-dallara-gp2-08-renault-bianchi-17073.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 52
  • wm-p88_0.jpg
    wm-p88_0.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 50
I confirm the blurring in the rear window but in my version of CSP (1.74.p3) the 3 wipers work but they don't wipe the raindrops.
I own the original AD 928 which has excellent working wipers (front window only)
Lights and interior had a major upgrade, physics are race-ready but I do prefer AD physics for casual driving.
Many thanks for sharing!
I think Dan might have swapped the driver model too (or moved him at least) because the new driver's thumbs clip badly through the steering wheel. If you swap the steer.ksanim from the AD car's 'animations' folder into the same folder in Dan's car folder then it fixes the problem, the driver is positioned perfectly and no further adjustment is needed.

Last edited:
Any chance we can see Calder Park and the Calder Park Thunderdome. It's a Australian classic. A great circuit and by the late 80's the Thunderdome was built. Nascar did a race in the late 80's. It would be awesome to see this circuit and the Thunderdome in AC.

More info here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calder_Park_Raceway

Exactly @Twisteddrift just be patient. Its very time consuming converting content to AC especially from titles such as rF2 & AMS/GSC as it doesnt bring the road mesh along with it. So makes the process longer. And it wont have the thunderdome raceable, as it will be the 2001 version mod thats out there. Twas the one i requested.

Honestly, im surprised they havent lobbied for grants or even funding to redevelop the thunderdome into a modern circuit extension + facility upgrades. With Sandown's days being numbered, im surprised that some sort of money hasnt gone into the place to try and improve it, bring it up to modern standards.

With that being said, the new circuit being constructed out @ Pakenham will probably be the replacement for Sandown. Thats just my thoughts anyways, mini-rant over

Many thanks for sharing!

Put these lines in the cars ext_config file should resolve the wipers.

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = glass_F_gls_ext_window, glass_R_gls_ext_window
WIPERS = wiper_l3, wiper_r3, wiper_rear3

New day, new problem (that's been happening since last month but I finally decided to resolve it) - I'm on CSP 0.1.68, the 'stable' release, but when I try to race at night the bonnet cam, cockpit cam 1 and 2 are... Black. Yep, there's nothing but a black screen.
What even is going on now ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back