Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,022 comments
Hi guys,

I`m having a disturbing glitch in two mods.
When racing the body of the car doesn't render until you are very close to them.
It`s happening specifically with Porsche 908 Bergspyder and Ferrari 250LM.
The Ferrari is the most bizarre case because the driver and the shadows render properly I can see it in distance just the driver and shadow floating in the track and when I`m about 20 to 10 meters of the car boom the cars suddenly appears.
What kind of problem is happening?
How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance!!

Hi there,

Someone did any updates for Alemannenring on RD? I've asked to the creator but he told me He's not going to work on the track anymore...

Thank you very much for sharing!

What is this library you are writing about? I have not known such a thing existed.
Seeing that the hotlap challenge has a Porsche up, I sort of feel obligated to put in a few laps, me being the Porsche Factory Jackass ™ and all.

You're welcome :)
I've dropped you a DM, in short, together we have created a 'companion app' to this thread.
All the mods posted here are catalogued into a number of read only categories, cars, skins, rainfx, cams, camtool files, tracks, track skins, track updates, track mods, apps, HUDS, championships, presets, ppfilters, ai, icons, physics mesh, physics updates, sounds files, showrooms, previews, guides, updates you name it, it's listed!

No judgements, no opinions, just like any other library, items are simply cataloged and listed!

The Time Attack Server has been incredible the past few weeks you should definitely pop a lap in. Last week we had @browser and the Mustang at Bridgehampton. The week before was @Big FAT Luke Ferrari 250 at GoodWood! Previously @RMi_wood Alfa at Watkins Glen @Dan Bucsa GT5 Turbo at Oulton, @Opperslang Alfa etc 👍

This week has been particularly fun as there is a big fight going on at the front, the car is the fantastic Porsche 996 updated by @norms and the GTP Reboot Team Port Newark Track.

@norms @Turborodent @SGETI @mascot @racealot @saXXXon @MrB00 @gunnar333 @Cozy61 @SGETI @mteam @Diegonapoli10
have all set times so far with lots more to come.
Screenshot 2021-03-26 131032.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-24_173616.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-24_173616.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi, Does someone know where can I get the next cars?
-Porsche 935 (2018)
-Peugeot 908 LMP1 (2011)
-Mercedes C11
-F1 Seasons
-Group C in general
(for free if it's possible)

I've dropped you a DM, in short, together we have created a 'companion app' to this thread.
All the mods posted here are catalogued into a number of read only categories, cars, skins, rainfx, cams, camtool files, tracks, track skins, track updates, track mods, apps, HUDS, championships, grid/race presets, ppfilters, ai, icons, physics mesh, physics updates, sounds files, showrooms, previews, guides, updates you name it.

No judgements, no opinions, just like any other library, items are simply cataloged and listed!

The Hot Lap server has been incredible the past few weeks you should definitely pop a lap in. Last week we had @browser and the Mustang at Bridgehampton. The week before was @Big FAT Luke Ferrari 250 at GoodWood! Previously @RMi_wood Alfa at Watkins Glen 👍

This week has been particularly fun as there is a big fight going on at the front, the car is the fantastic Porsche 996 updated by @norms and the GTP Reboot Team Port Newark Track.

@norms @Turborodent @SGETI @mascot @racealot @saXXXon @MrB00 @gunnar333 have all set times so far with lots more to come.
View attachment 999815

Good stuff!! I need to check out the hot lap server!!

:D @racealot lived up to his name: 121 laps! Followed by @Turborodent ,which if I am not mistaken Ironically had a snail as avatar (I maybe mistaken abou the avatar, to be honest), with 84 laps.

He uses an image of Beaker now on discord, but I do remember a snail at somepoint, luring us into beleiving he was slow :lol:

Last week during our GT4 championship he was relentless!
He spent the entire race wearing me down. Very talented driver, we battle every week on race nights (tonight is one of them) 👍

@racealot has indeed 'racedalot' of laps, I might end up matching him as i'm going to try and beat @Turborodent ;)

Last edited:
Hello my fellow AC racers. Anyone can explain how can one reduce this ridiculous amount of sparks? I know it has something to do with "particles" in CSP (preview33 in my case) bu I confess I don´t have a clue :)

EDIT: Maybe not amount but at least can one reduce the distace they are spread?

Screenshot_asr_2004_williams_fw26_imola_24-2-121-19-50-8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I`m having a disturbing glitch in two mods.
When racing the body of the car doesn't render until you are very close to them.
It`s happening specifically with Porsche 908 Bergspyder and Ferrari 250LM.
The Ferrari is the most bizarre case because the driver and the shadows render properly I can see it in distance just the driver and shadow floating in the track and when I`m about 20 to 10 meters of the car boom the cars suddenly appears.
What kind of problem is happening?
How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance!!

Hey,

Unpack the data and open the lod.ini. Increase the distance that lod A is used and save the file. Then rename your data.acd to xdata.acd or whatever you like. I know for a fact that's the problem with the 250LM - I'm guessing that's whats wrong with the Bergspyder.

Hi all seem to have lost the lightening effect in SOL thunderstorms setting. Thunder is there but no lightening. any ideas please.

Hey guys, just kind of wondering for photo mode use, is there a way to force every car to LOD 0 before taking a picture so the far away cars don't look awful?

Edit the lods.ini and remove all the LODs except LOD 0.

Last edited:
& @pk3r72owns

To add the DRS markers and lines to the track, they could be added separately using a models.ini file. That way, they could be updated without having to change the track KN5. Just a suggestion--the track is great no matter how it's updated.

DRS Markers and line from Yaz Marina.

View attachment 999793
@ApexVGear Im interested how exactly this would work - Any detailed explanation woyuld be great - Thanks

iks
Edit the lods.ini and remove all the LODs except LOD 0.

Well, you’d need to do that for each individual car and I have around 600. Then you’d need to keep backup files of each one and swap out each data file for each car each time you’d want to take a photo with them in it. That’s just not feasible.

But there’s no setting in CSP or Nice Screenshots that would allow you to override the LODs for each car in a race like you can with dirt and headlights?

All the mods posted here are catalogued into a number of read only categories, cars, skins, rainfx, cams, camtool files, tracks, track skins, track updates, track mods, apps, HUDS, championships, presets, ppfilters, ai, icons, physics mesh, physics updates, sounds files, showrooms, previews, guides, updates you name it, it's listed!

The Time Attack Server has been incredible the past few weeks you should definitely pop a lap in. Last week we had @browser and the Mustang at Bridgehampton. The week before was @Big FAT Luke Ferrari 250 at GoodWood! Previously @RMi_wood Alfa at Watkins Glen @Dan Bucsa GT5 Turbo at Oulton, @Opperslang Alfa etc 👍

@norms @Turborodent @SGETI @mascot @racealot @saXXXon @MrB00 @gunnar333
have all set times so far with lots more to come.
View attachment 999815
Gotta get on there this week with @norms fantastic 996. Wow those are some quick times! Great fun on @FileMissing hot lap server and folks are super nice! :cheers:

@ApexVGear Im interested how exactly this would work - Any detailed explanation woyuld be great - Thanks

Find a track mod that includes a model.ini file and open it. There's usually several Kn5 files in the folder. The model.ini file instructs AC what to load when the session begins, so multiple Kn5 files can load. Of course all the Kn5 files have to be in the correct, matching coordinates for this to work. It does require opening the track in 3DsMax or Blender, placing the new models, and exporting and setting up those models separately to make Kn5 files for them--not sure there's an easier way to do it.

In addition to providing easy updates to specific models, like the road mesh could be separate, if set up correctly, you could better optimize a track and it's storage size, as you could have the base model of the track, then different model.ini files to load different combinations of Kn5 files to make each layout.

Last edited:
Another Team to fill the Le Mans 1965 Grid. Alfa Romeo TZ2 (by smallblockhero update by Gibbons), adapting with Alfa Romeo TZ skins and others that I downloaded. As I always say, it's not perfection, what counts is having the main cars on the Grid.

Attachments

• livery41.png
    livery41.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 40
  • livery42.png
    livery42.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 38
  • livery43.png
    livery43.png
    8 KB · Views: 35
  • livery44.png
    livery44.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Car41.front.jpg
    Car41.front.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Car41.rear.jpg
    Car41.rear.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Car42.front.jpg
    Car42.front.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Car42.rear.jpg
    Car42.rear.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Car43.front.jpg
    Car43.front.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Car43.rear.jpg
    Car43.rear.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Car44.jpg
    Car44.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back