Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,087 comments
In some cars, when I shift down a gear, the engine speed goes near redline briefly. How can I configure it in a way the engine speed doesn't go too high on downshifts?

Find a track mod that includes a model.ini file and open it. There's usually several Kn5 files in the folder. The model.ini file instructs AC what to load when the session begins, so multiple Kn5 files can load. Of course all the Kn5 files have to be in the correct, matching coordinates for this to work. It does require opening the track in 3DsMax or Blender, placing the new models, and exporting and setting up those models separately to make Kn5 files for them--not sure there's an easier way to do it.

In addition to providing easy updates to specific models, like the road mesh could be separate, if set up correctly, you could better optimize a track and it's storage size, as you could have the base model of the track, then different model.ini files to load different combinations of Kn5 files to make each layout.
:tup:Thats a little out of my skillset but thanks anyway - I'll leave it to the experts.:bowdown:

Last edited:
You're welcome :)
I've dropped you a DM, in short, together we have created a 'companion app' to this thread.
All the mods posted here are catalogued into a number of read only categories, cars, skins, rainfx, cams, camtool files, tracks, track skins, track updates, track mods, apps, HUDS, championships, presets, ppfilters, ai, icons, physics mesh, physics updates, sounds files, showrooms, previews, guides, updates you name it, it's listed!

No judgements, no opinions, just like any other library, items are simply cataloged and listed!

The Time Attack Server has been incredible the past few weeks you should definitely pop a lap in. Last week we had @browser and the Mustang at Bridgehampton. The week before was @Big FAT Luke Ferrari 250 at GoodWood! Previously @RMi_wood Alfa at Watkins Glen @Dan Bucsa GT5 Turbo at Oulton, @Opperslang Alfa etc 👍

This week has been particularly fun as there is a big fight going on at the front, the car is the fantastic Porsche 996 updated by @norms and the GTP Reboot Team Port Newark Track.

@norms @Turborodent @SGETI @mascot @racealot @saXXXon @MrB00 @gunnar333
have all set times so far with lots more to come.
View attachment 999815

Hello. How do I get access to this app to catalog the mods? Thanks.

From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

IMPORTANT: This is an update to an existing mod you may already have. Check your cars folder, delete the old version or copy it to a backup folder if you want to keep it for some reason. I drove the RS. I think it's pretty good--might be a little too easy to drive, but the back-engine understeer is there.

Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator
Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator Group

53m ·

Porsche 911 (996.2) GT3 and GT3RS
By MLSXLD and Updated by JakubP

https://sharemods.com/.../Porsche_911___40_996.2__41__GT3...

Last edited:
From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

IMPORTANT: This is an update to an existing mod you may already have. Check your cars folder, delete the old version or copy it to a backup folder if you want to keep it for some reason. I drove the RS. I think it's pretty good--might be a little too easy to drive, but the back-engine understeer is there.

Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator
Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator Group

53m ·

Porsche 911 (996.2) GT3 and GT3RS
By MLSXLD and Updated by JakubP

https://sharemods.com/.../Porsche_911___40_996.2__41__GT3...

@norms - hmm... 996.2 battle?

There can only be one.
fight.gif

I'm a unknown guy who loves to play around with physics. I sorta made the Mercedes clr 1999 almost flip in game. if I can be of any help? love what you doing with the old gt1/lmgtp . sorry. tried posting the video but cant

Even your Ferrari F50 ive been working on a bit, as i can see it compete in 1998/1999 in the GT1/LMGTP class against the Toyota GT1 And Mercedes CLR using the Ferrari 333Sp as the basis

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-092336_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-092336_Video Player.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20210325-092324_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-092324_Video Player.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210325-092321_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-092321_Video Player.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Since I've got many pms: Final update to the GTP-physic-swapped DPi's. I think all of the previous issues have been fixed, as well as some additional improvements implemented.

I'll definitely be criticized by the likes of Rusty for example, for whom I'd reply: I'm fully aware of my sin :bowdown: but it's worse to leave something undriveable lingering 'round.

Hey @Caddy_DPi , we cant download the file anymore. Any chance of you putting it up again?

Last edited:
At a guess it will be the G60-LT-P1. Mainly due to the fact they did do the CLM P1/01.
edit: it's pretty much confirmed they are doing the last LMP1s to have raced. aka the BR1, G60, R13 (probably not) and the P1/01 (already released)
Its the Ginetta, propably the BR1 will also be done in a few months. I wish they could do the 2016 LMP1s.

Its the Ginetta, propably the BR1 will also be done in a few months. I wish they could do the 2016 LMP1s.

to be fair the 2016s are already in. LMP1 rebalanced has TS050 and the R18, Kunos 919, R-One by URD, and the CLM isn't the right spec but you can still use it I guess :lol:

You're welcome :)
I've dropped you a DM, in short, together we have created a 'companion app' to this thread.
All the mods posted here are catalogued into a number of read only categories, cars, skins, rainfx, cams, camtool files, tracks, track skins, track updates, track mods, apps, HUDS, championships, presets, ppfilters, ai, icons, physics mesh, physics updates, sounds files, showrooms, previews, guides, updates you name it, it's listed!

No judgements, no opinions, just like any other library, items are simply cataloged and listed!

The Time Attack Server has been incredible the past few weeks you should definitely pop a lap in. Last week we had @browser and the Mustang at Bridgehampton. The week before was @Big FAT Luke Ferrari 250 at GoodWood! Previously @RMi_wood Alfa at Watkins Glen @Dan Bucsa GT5 Turbo at Oulton, @Opperslang Alfa etc 👍

This week has been particularly fun as there is a big fight going on at the front, the car is the fantastic Porsche 996 updated by @norms and the GTP Reboot Team Port Newark Track.

@norms @Turborodent @SGETI @mascot @racealot @saXXXon @MrB00 @gunnar333
have all set times so far with lots more to come.
View attachment 999815

This sounds super useful! Would really appreciate a link to this as I only get a chance to jump on here every so often and lose track of what's new!

Fixing the vibrations on big tracks is big news to me. I pretty much only play on big tracks (High Force is my favourite, followed by the much more popular LAC).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back