Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,043 comments
Holy mod release Batman!

As a treat for getting halfway through reworking my car collection I decided to convert the Batmobile that was posted a short while ago. It is a very quick job, about 5 hours so don't be surprised if it isn't up to Kunos/RSS standards.

The car borrows heavily from one of Joshua Widder's Mustangs with multiple physics changes. The car itself is large and heavy, has old soft suspension and vintage 60s tyres and brakes. The engine is a Ford V8 producing about 345bhp. It is however supplemented by an upgraded ERS system from a Porsche 919 LMP1 car that acts to give the car a 'turbo boost' when the Kers activation button is pressed (unfortunately while the car spits a lot of flames out the back, I couldn't find an option to make it happen when the Kers button was pressed). How did Bruce Wayne manage to get an incredibly advanced ERS system fitted to a car from the 1960s you might ask? Because he's Batman!

The car works, has LODs and the sound is sort of a big old jet turbine, change it if you don't like it. Problems I know of, the steering/shifting animation is not great (tbh I don't know if this should even have a shift animation!?) and bits of the cockpit are a bit dark. Also the model isn't very high poly and the textures are quite low res. Still, try not to think about it too much, it's just for a laugh. I won't be taking this any further, anyone that wants to modify it in anyway can go right ahead.

Here's the link: https://mega.nz/file/HpUHAKiQ#5w60c0hYZTFZHt8mttYz8hcX-OfDHoOeXQ6RaKu7YPQ

164527843_10104189738309638_4814526804068030599_o.jpg
Now we need a Batman or Robin Drivers

Attempting to learn how to edit skins again. I sort of learned how to make a template, but I still clearly have more improvements to make.
I still have BE Modding's 1997 Castrol Tom's Supra and all I did was try to change the color. hehe. Looks like I'll have to do something else.
__custom_showroom_1616790499.png

EDIT: and I'll have to pick this up later. There's still things I have to do.

Last edited:
I grabbed a few rally tracks id never heard of, use chrome to translate the page otherwise it just looks like spamming, the very topmost sentence is the download link otherwise

the XNA files are included on the same page I did the original conversion from that I posted, but they are posed models, happy to convert to FBX for you lot but I dont know how to use kinematics in Blender to shape them "sitting down". but I can leave the bones in the FBX if it helps?

View attachment 1000058
View attachment 1000059
Please do, this is just awesome.

Attempting to learn how to edit skins again. I sort of learned how to make a template, but I still clearly have more improvements to make.
I still have BE Modding's 1997 Castrol Tom's Supra and all I did was try to change the color. hehe. Looks like I'll have to do something else.
View attachment 1000093

EDIT: and I'll have to pick this up later. There's still things I have to do.
Eh, I could personally help you on how to make template/AO for cars you like from a video by Mamiya Motors I saw long ago which is very informative and simple to follow, even learned some few other AO tricks along the way thx to a friend of mine and all to myself a little bit too.

How do you clone a car in CM? I want to make a version say as fast as an f1 with jet sounds still and stick to the road like glue almost. Any ideas?
This so far is amazing and I never thought i'd see it in AC but Batman needs to race to the scene, not crawl up to top speed. Any help appreciated.
jam the motor files from the RedBull X2010 into it, that thing FLIES..

Here is the Robin Model in FBX, be aware the armature and cape layers are jsut turned off, but they are in there, textures need coverting they are TGA.
Link to 1966 Robin Converted to FBX from XNA

will try got to Batman later today, he is a bit more complex, several LODs and scrambled up animation positions.

upload_2021-3-27_8-7-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
dms
Guys, I need some modding advise here. Trying to convert my first car from rFactor1 to AC (personal use unfortunately, would love to share it but don't know where to start with permission/credits. it is a car made out of multiple different sources...)

Have come this far:

View attachment 1000020

Two things:

* no steering wheel movement? How to? (Edit; wheels turn and work, but steering wheel is static)
* Wheel allignement wrong. have had some tips earlier, but I cannot get it to work properly. Here you see the showroom base, this is correct. When switching to game and when I allign wheels using data it looks like the second picture (front car)

View attachment 1000018

View attachment 1000019

Any ideas?

Thanks!
OMG! This is a superb choice for a first car conversion! 1989 F1 is so underrepresented in AC!

Last edited:
Eh, I could personally help you on how to make template/AO for cars you like from a video by Mamiya Motors I saw long ago which is very informative and simple to follow, even learned some few other AO tricks along the way thx to a friend of mine and all to myself a little bit too.
Sure, that would be great.

Also, I did another color edit, this time with Zinski's 1996 JGTC Supra. Look, it's the blue striped Castrol Supra that was in Gran Turismo 1. Though a rough version, all I did was use a paint tool on gimp.
__custom_showroom_1616793424.png

OMG! This is a superb choice for a first car conversion! 1989 F1 is so underrepresented in AC!

perfect addition to your marvelous eighties/nineties camera sets. And indeed, as a fan of the 87 to 90 era which is underrated in AC, these F1 years need more love.

Last edited:
Guys I have a big problem. Something broke and I cannot change rules and car in custom championship. As you can see in photo, these options are missing. I don't know what to do. Can somebody help me

Attachments

• CM problem.png
    CM problem.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 28
Guys I have a big problem. Something broke and I cannot change rules and car in custom championship. As you can see in photo, these options are missing. I don't know what to do. Can somebody help me

Restart CM maybe ? If you didn't did it

Last edited:
Is there any way to edit shaders other than using kseditor? I extract the mod using Content Manager, open it in kseditor and everything is pixelated, with low resolution and low fps. Why is this happening? A few years ago, before the CSP became popular, I was able to edit some mod shaders to suit my preferences and everything was loading normally, with good graphics and fps, but now I went to open a mod and it's like that.

I4n9Om.png

I4ndci.png

Last edited:
How do you clone a car in CM? I want to make a version say as fast as an f1 with jet sounds still and stick to the road like glue almost. Any ideas?
This so far is amazing and I never thought i'd see it in AC but Batman needs to race to the scene, not crawl up to top speed. Any help appreciated.

Easiest way by a mile is the AC Car Tuner: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

Just follow the instructions and it'll generate a 'tuned' version of the car you select. Do note however, it can only find cars that don't have a file in the car folder called x.tuned so with the Batmobile you need to delete this file first (it doesn't do anything). You can actually change some of the basics from the car tuner menu as well very easily for example, increasing power/torque and reducing weight or increasing braking performance. That should get you started. You can use the CM tyre generator using these machines as well to get yourself some grippier tyres: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-956#post-13057189

Easiest way by a mile is the AC Car Tuner: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

Just follow the instructions and it'll generate a 'tuned' version of the car you select. Do note however, it can only find cars that don't have a file in the car folder called x.tuned so with the Batmobile you need to delete this file first (it doesn't do anything). You can actually change some of the basics from the car tuner menu as well very easily for example, increasing power/torque and reducing weight or increasing braking performance. That should get you started. You can use the CM tyre generator using these machines as well to get yourself some grippier tyres: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-956#post-13057189
I did try this earlier but I didn't know about the x.tuned file. Thanks for clearing that up.
EDIT: Pulling my hair out now. Whatever I do it is still sluggish. What i'm trying to achieve is batmobile with quick acceleration like the x2010 redbull, same grip as x2010 but it's just not happening for me. If I alter the weight then the model jumps up higher like a monster truck. Maybe it's something else within the batmobiles files. Can more gears be added? You seem to have a bit more experience with this stuff. Maybe you could try yourself to see if you have any success, you might spot something I haven't yet. Any help muchly appreciated.

Last edited:
Some bling bling for Hockenheim 60s GP. This is to taste for me, with some vegetation colour tweaks as well so YMMV.

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/materials_track.ini, common/conditions.ini, common/grass_fx.ini

[SOL]
HORIZON_OFFSET = 0.0
DOME_SIZE = 24000
SUN_DAWN = 1
SUN_DUSK = 1
FOG_LEVEL = 0.90
FOG_BLEND = 1.15
FOG_DISTANCE = 0.9
SMOG_MORNING = 0.05
SMOG_NOON = 0.1
SMOG_EVENING = 0.15
EXPOSURE_FIX = 1

[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT=1.0
SPECULAR_MULT=1.0
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT=1.0

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road?,parche?
SOAKING_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass?

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = vegetation colour tweak
MATERIALS = sumerSUD,popnegro,pinalt58,arbug?,wallhocke
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.25
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.001

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = curbhock
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.5
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
SHAPE_SIZE = 2.2
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
upload_2021-3-27_10-54-12.png

Last edited:
Holy mod release Batman!

As a treat for getting halfway through reworking my car collection I decided to convert the Batmobile that was posted a short while ago. It is a very quick job, about 5 hours so don't be surprised if it isn't up to Kunos/RSS standards.

The car borrows heavily from one of Joshua Widder's Mustangs with multiple physics changes. The car itself is large and heavy, has old soft suspension and vintage 60s tyres and brakes. The engine is a Ford V8 producing about 345bhp. It is however supplemented by an upgraded ERS system from a Porsche 919 LMP1 car that acts to give the car a 'turbo boost' when the Kers activation button is pressed (unfortunately while the car spits a lot of flames out the back, I couldn't find an option to make it happen when the Kers button was pressed). How did Bruce Wayne manage to get an incredibly advanced ERS system fitted to a car from the 1960s you might ask? Because he's Batman!

The car works, has LODs and the sound is sort of a big old jet turbine, change it if you don't like it. Problems I know of, the steering/shifting animation is not great (tbh I don't know if this should even have a shift animation!?) and bits of the cockpit are a bit dark. Also the model isn't very high poly and the textures are quite low res. Still, try not to think about it too much, it's just for a laugh. I won't be taking this any further, anyone that wants to modify it in anyway can go right ahead.

Here's the link: https://mega.nz/file/HpUHAKiQ#5w60c0hYZTFZHt8mttYz8hcX-OfDHoOeXQ6RaKu7YPQ

164527843_10104189738309638_4814526804068030599_o.jpg
Wow super great Holly BATS Thanks a L:cheers:ot

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back