Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,764 comments
Another small sample. As I can't make 3D glasses, the way is to adapt what is available, in the case of DRIVER3D (driver_open_face), I just painted the position of the sunglasses used by K.Miles. This will make it more fun to share the curves of Le Mans with the great driver of the Ford GT40.

Attachments

• livery.png
    livery.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 34
  • FordGT40.66.jpg
    FordGT40.66.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 37
I got pretty burnt out on doing track mods after Brno 1965 and haven't really felt the motivation or interest in doing it anymore. I've got a few in-progress tracks that I just can't get into finishing, Brainerd/Donnybrooke being the most recent one. I have project files and RTB files for my previous tracks just sitting on my hard drive and I figured if I'm not going to work on them anymore I might as well see if anyone's interested in carrying on with stuff that I can't really find the motivation for anymore. To that end I've packed up all of those project files into a huge zip (it's 24gb zipped) but I don't really have any way to distribute it to anyone that's interested without it costing me money (my google drive is only 15GB)

Does anyone know of a good file host where I can put this thing up with a minumum of effort (like, I don't want to have to split the file up and upload it under multiple accounts, etc)?

Note: I'm not leaving the community and I'm continuing the duplicate track catalog thing, I'm just not really into making tracks anymore. I'm also into the whole sharing and open source community thing so I'd like to share anything I've got.

Last edited:
Hey Billy, I worked on the ai for that track... after I read your post I went back and checked the F1 and F1 Reverse (there is no F1 "GP") with the RSS 2020 Hybrid, and didn't see what you are talking about. Which car are you using when this happens?
I've tested some more. The layout name is Indianapolis Motor Speedway F1 Course, BTW.
I used VRC's early 2000s LMP cars and the problem was the same as the one I mentioned previously: some AI (those in 8th to 11th, more or less, in the grid) scraping along pit wall on the right of the starting grid.
Then I tested using a grid of DRM Revival cars: here, the same cars (those in 8th to 11th more or less) were scraping along the wall on the left.
And then a grid using AphidGod's most excellent Ford Hennessey Mustang: the guys scraped along both side. I followed them round for a lap and they struggled to sty within track limits a few times (all four wheels on grass)

Much more realistic but I have the feeling that the wheels float on the asphalt when watching the replay. With the original data I don't have that feeling

Ahh yeah I see what you're saying, it's because I updated the tire size to reflect the actual tire size but the models for the wheels are too small. Is there any way to increase the wheel size without touching the model? If not I'll re-upload with the smaller tire size for better replays, might do that anyway.

is there a version of Le Grand Circuit 1967 with around 50 pitboxes? Trying to replicate the 1970 race and that's around the number of cars that made the start of the race.

Now that'd be incredible. I'm surprised nobody has made any update for Le Grand 1967 to have the starting "grid" like the old le mans starts with the cars parked in their pit stalls. Probably not possible but that would be an experience!

I've tested some more. The layout name is Indianapolis Motor Speedway F1 Course, BTW.
I used VRC's early 2000s LMP cars and the problem was the same as the one I mentioned previously: some AI (those in 8th to 11th, more or less, in the grid) scraping along pit wall on the right of the starting grid.
Then I tested using a grid of DRM Revival cars: here, the same cars (those in 8th to 11th more or less) were scraping along the wall on the left.
And then a grid using AphidGod's most excellent Ford Hennessey Mustang: the guys scraped along both side. I followed them round for a lap and they struggled to sty within track limits a few times (all four wheels on grass)

I don't have the DRM mod, but I tried the other two you mentioned and had no problems. It sounds like the sidelines are messed up. Just to be sure, did you download version 2.0? I noticed @damone13x had two versions for some reason listed in his download link.

Are the other layouts working?

Is there any way to edit shaders other than using kseditor? I extract the mod using Content Manager, open it in kseditor and everything is pixelated, with low resolution and low fps. Why is this happening? A few years ago, before the CSP became popular, I was able to edit some mod shaders to suit my preferences and everything was loading normally, with good graphics and fps, but now I went to open a mod and it's like that.

I4n9Om.png

I4ndci.png

Here is what I do:

- after 3D export to FBX from blender:
- import fbx to kseditor (this is absolutely mandatory and unavoidable, so better get used to use kseditor with all its limitations)
- set for all objects the necessary shader and transparency (these two are essential as kseditor is THE ONLY way to set these reliably)
- set all texture files for each necessary layer (kseditor is the most reliable way to do it - with limitations this is somewhat possible in CM as well but I actually find it to be MUCH slower, more complicated and most of all very buggy - crashes often, often textures don't stick, etc)
- create instrument files
- export from kseditor to kn5
- open car in CM custom showroom (make sure you have a neutral showroom lighting setup that helps to get colours and materials to look as much as they do in game as possible)
- tweak all shader values to taste in CM custom showroom
- test drive (I like to drive the car a lot during development and combine physics tests with looking for material + shader issues that I like to tweak further and while drivining and watching replays make mental notes of changes I'd like to make)
- make adjustments to shader settings in CM custom showroom

Once I have achieved a small milestone of accomplished changes I would like to "lock in":

- repeat the cycle (export to fbx, import to kseditor, export to kn5, test in CM custom showroom, test in game, repeat)

Some people like to use the hacked kseditor from Ilja as it looks MUCH more modern with a higher resolution 3D render and especially with a library of new and wonderful shaders to use.
Apart from the access to new shaders I do not like to use it though as it does not allow to quickly build instruments and I found it to crash more often then the kseditor (pro tip: SAVE incrementally all the time when working in kseditor).

is there a version of Le Grand Circuit 1967 with around 50 pitboxes? Trying to replicate the 1970 race and that's around the number of cars that made the start of the race.
There has been posted a downloadlink to a 50 car grid version a few pages back - just search this thread for Le Grand Circuit 1967.
A Le Mans start version does not exist though I am afraid.

misc ramblings - encryption

Recently I was approached by someone wanting to convert my IDAS (and further works) to GTA:SA
The reason was mostly that my tracks are not encrypted. There is also a rampant pay-for-mods in that community, many are (alot) Assetto mods (that are created and distributed for free by the AC community).

So it occurs to me that (some) mods are being encrypted to stop this, and not specifically toward some of the discussion points heard in this thread. Recently I wanted to release some beta tracks semi-publicly to offer the community an early look and to draw in those interested to contribute. The first paragraph details why I decided not to public those tracks. Perhaps I would be more willing to release things if not for these activities... or release encrypted betas, work with only trusted sources with access to (watermarked if needed) development copies.

I dont know... but that GTA:SA community encounter left a bitter taste, but so does encryption.

:banghead:

Last edited:

Recently I was approached by someone wanting to convert my IDAS (and further works) to GTA:SA
The reason was mostly that my tracks are not encrypted. There is also a rampant pay-for-mods in that community, many are (alot) Assetto mods (that are created and distributed for free by the AC community).

So it occurs to me that (some) mods are being encrypted to stop this, and not specifically toward some of the discussion points heard in this thread. Recently I wanted to release some beta tracks semi-publicly to offer the community an early look and to draw in those interested to contribute. The first paragraph details why I decided not to public those tracks. Perhaps I would be more willing to release things if not for these activities... or release encrypted betas, work with only trusted sources with access to (watermarked if needed) development copies.

I dont know... but that GTA:SA community encounter left a bitter taste, but so does encryption.

wait till you join the iRacing cheats community.. $500 for a mod cheat that buys you 0.1s per corner etc etc.. "aliens".. its all bull****tery.

Hi, someone has experienced IA fails, the car doesn't start race when you drive against the IA?

ai.ini:
[GEARS]

UP= this has to be lower rpm value than in engine.ini

[ENGINE_DATA]

LIMITER=

and

[DAMAGE]

RPM_THRESHOLD= has to be higher than ai.ini UP=

wait till you join the iRacing cheats community.. $500 for a mod cheat that buys you 0.1s per corner etc etc.. "aliens".. its all bull****tery.

These are the times where people earn by streaming live how they sleep or lick trash bins, sometimes they earn more than anesthesiologists...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello everybody! I just tried the new RSS Hybrid 2021 Mod! That is absolutely great! If you don't buy this mod ... you can't help it The mod is a must have! But ....... I went to Monza (Kunos Original) ... ... unfortunately the AI "sticks" in second gear and does not get going! Is there a solution for this? Is that due to my attitudes? (CM 1.69 / Sol 2.0 etc ...)

Uli
Hello everybody! I just tried the new RSS Hybrid 2021 Mod! That is absolutely great! If you don't buy this mod ... you can't help it The mod is a must have! But ....... I went to Monza (Kunos Original) ... ... unfortunately the AI "sticks" in second gear and does not get going! Is there a solution for this? Is that due to my attitudes? (CM 1.69 / Sol 2.0 etc ...)

Just tried your combination. At my end, everything seems to be running normally.
CSP 0.1.74-preview33
SOL 2.1 alpha24

Some bling bling for Hockenheim 60s GP. This is to taste for me, with some vegetation colour tweaks as well so YMMV.

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/materials_track.ini, common/conditions.ini, common/grass_fx.ini

[SOL]
HORIZON_OFFSET = 0.0
DOME_SIZE = 24000
SUN_DAWN = 1
SUN_DUSK = 1
FOG_LEVEL = 0.90
FOG_BLEND = 1.15
FOG_DISTANCE = 0.9
SMOG_MORNING = 0.05
SMOG_NOON = 0.1
SMOG_EVENING = 0.15
EXPOSURE_FIX = 1

[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT=1.0
SPECULAR_MULT=1.0
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT=1.0

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road?,parche?
SOAKING_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass?

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = vegetation colour tweak
MATERIALS = sumerSUD,popnegro,pinalt58,arbug?,wallhocke
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.25
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.001

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = curbhock
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.5
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
SHAPE_SIZE = 2.2
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
View attachment 1000126

Is this Sergio's Hockenheim?

I don't have the DRM mod, but I tried the other two you mentioned and had no problems. It sounds like the sidelines are messed up. Just to be sure, did you download version 2.0? I noticed @damone13x had two versions for some reason listed in his download link.

Are the other layouts working?
Well, I downloaded, installed the version 2 (I think I already had it but just to be sure I (re)installed it). For the F1 track, the problem persists (only used GT3 cars as whatever car I use it seems to make no difference) and the cars make some significant cuts on corners (all four wheels on grass at least on two corners, or more).
I checked the Indy GP: everything concerning AI lines is perfect. All perfect for the MotoGP course too, and all perfect for the Indy 500 oval as well :)

So it seems to only be an issue with the F1 track, ironically reflecting the Indy F1 track's controversial history ;)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:I must apologize!!!!!! I'm a complete idiot.... the opponent's strength was reduced to 25% ... ... didn't see it ..... I'm the idiot of the day today !!!! again I apologize for my stupidity:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::banghead::banghead::banghead::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Uli
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:I must apologize!!!!!! I'm a complete idiot.... the opponent's strength was reduced to 25% ... ... didn't see it ..... I'm the idiot of the day today !!!! again I apologize for my stupidity:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::banghead::banghead::banghead::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:D
No problem. We are all not error-free. The main thing is that you were able to solve your problem.

Uli

What is the difference to the RSS Hybrid 2019 and 2020 mods?

Here is what I do:

- after 3D export to FBX from blender:
- import fbx to kseditor (this is absolutely mandatory and unavoidable, so better get used to use kseditor with all its limitations)
- set for all objects the necessary shader and transparency (these two are essential as kseditor is THE ONLY way to set these reliably)
- set all texture files for each necessary layer (kseditor is the most reliable way to do it - with limitations this is somewhat possible in CM as well but I actually find it to be MUCH slower, more complicated and most of all very buggy - crashes often, often textures don't stick, etc)
- create instrument files
- export from kseditor to kn5
- open car in CM custom showroom (make sure you have a neutral showroom lighting setup that helps to get colours and materials to look as much as they do in game as possible)
- tweak all shader values to taste in CM custom showroom
- test drive (I like to drive the car a lot during development and combine physics tests with looking for material + shader issues that I like to tweak further and while drivining and watching replays make mental notes of changes I'd like to make)
- make adjustments to shader settings in CM custom showroom

Once I have achieved a small milestone of accomplished changes I would like to "lock in":

- repeat the cycle (export to fbx, import to kseditor, export to kn5, test in CM custom showroom, test in game, repeat)

Some people like to use the hacked kseditor from Ilja as it looks MUCH more modern with a higher resolution 3D render and especially with a library of new and wonderful shaders to use.
Apart from the access to new shaders I do not like to use it though as it does not allow to quickly build instruments and I found it to crash more often then the kseditor (pro tip: SAVE incrementally all the time when working in kseditor).

There has been posted a downloadlink to a 50 car grid version a few pages back - just search this thread for Le Grand Circuit 1967.
A Le Mans start version does not exist though I am afraid.

le grand circuit 1967 with le mans start (ofcourse you dont run but the car is in the traditional pit position)

https://sharemods.com/90hiz6c77dzs/le_grand_circuit_1967_v0.75___Le_Mans_Start.7z.html

I got pretty burnt out on doing track mods after Brno 1965 and haven't really felt the motivation or interest in doing it anymore. I've got a few in-progress tracks that I just can't get into finishing, Brainerd/Donnybrooke being the most recent one. I have project files and RTB files for my previous tracks just sitting on my hard drive and I figured if I'm not going to work on them anymore I might as well see if anyone's interested in carrying on with stuff that I can't really find the motivation for anymore. To that end I've packed up all of those project files into a huge zip (it's 24gb zipped) but I don't really have any way to distribute it to anyone that's interested without it costing me money (my google drive is only 15GB)

Does anyone know of a good file host where I can put this thing up with a minumum of effort (like, I don't want to have to split the file up and upload it under multiple accounts, etc)?

Note: I'm not leaving the community and I'm continuing the duplicate track catalog thing, I'm just not really into making tracks anymore. I'm also into the whole sharing and open source community thing so I'd like to share anything I've got.

Is Mega an option for you? I think you get 40-50GB with a new, free account, and you can upload everything individually so you can provide a directory link, rather than a link to just one file--as I'm sure you've seen this.

https://mega.io/

Example:
https://mega.nz/folder/ht4GHYyA#LeSzW8AB1Of7F4SvcoxXSA

Last edited:
hi, do you have some more cameras for these 2 versions of the bahrain
- bahrain_2020
- bahrain_international_circuit
I only have 2 cameras for these tracks, is that correct?

In a car model, where does the origins need to be ? i know where to put them for animated objects like the wheels, but for static objects, must it be at the center of the car or at the center of the part ?

I did try this earlier but I didn't know about the x.tuned file. Thanks for clearing that up.
EDIT: Pulling my hair out now. Whatever I do it is still sluggish. What i'm trying to achieve is batmobile with quick acceleration like the x2010 redbull, same grip as x2010 but it's just not happening for me. If I alter the weight then the model jumps up higher like a monster truck. Maybe it's something else within the batmobiles files. Can more gears be added? You seem to have a bit more experience with this stuff. Maybe you could try yourself to see if you have any success, you might spot something I haven't yet. Any help muchly appreciated.

Ah, yes I should've mentioned that there's a lot more to it than just upping power, grip and brake pressure. The reason the car jumps up is that I had to significantly increase the rod length and spring rate from the donor car to accept the additional tonne of weight, what you're seeing is the suspension simply uncoiling without the extra weight. More gears are easily added by messing with the drivetrain.ini.

I don't have the Redbull X thing, but I'll swap the rest of the physics in from the 919 LMP1 car and pop the data.acd on here in a bit.

What I don't really understand is, presumably cars/tracks from AC can't just be ported over to GTA:SA, there's a process like converting any car or track from another game, you need a default model format like .fbx or .obj that can be opened in something like Blender and then you go through the process to get that model edited to work in the new game. If my assumption is correct then the encryption does very little in the grand scheme of things, it just makes it more time consuming to get the raw model in the format you want as you have to use ripping software rather than just a normal converter, then go through an additional process of re-assigning textures and renaming stuff. I guess encrypting your stuff might put off your laziest converters but anyone that actually wants your 3D model is going to get it if they have the knowledge and patience.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back