Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Hello friends, if anyone can help. How to disable the file (cm.skin) in the folder where the files for the skins created in the Ferrari 250 LM are located in the following prints. The yellow painting I created, in the "showroom, Ecurie Francorchamps of 1965 generic" is what I would like to be on the track, but it is not appearing the way I want, as you can see in the other print. I am not able to leave it as in the appearance of the showroom. Follows the original version of the skin that has different shades. It is the first time that this problem arises. I thank you in advance that I can help.

Hi, Do you have a link where you can download this car?

What do you think is more difficult, creating a LilSki/Johnr777 level track, or a Toprace/BK Studio/A3DR/RSS/Trawa/etc level car (3D modelling AND physics)

Has anyone driven the Pessio Garage Scorpion 1000 TC ?? Spa francorchamps, gear ratios for over 200 km / h, in reality the car struggles to reach 170 km / h :confused::banghead:

Procedural Grass Generator for tracks in Blender.

1. Download the attached file, rename to .blend
2. Import your terrain hide everything else, and join your terrain (ctrl-j)
3. EDITMODE>>A>>MESH>>MESH CLEANUP>>MERGE BY DISTANCE
4. Delete any existing UV groups, set view to top, create new UV MAP from VIEW
5. In Shader view port highlight track, select material "Procedural Grass"
6. Poke a stick at the values for "scale" you can find, and drag the yellow green values.
7. Results are procedural and will vary as you slide,
Less voronoi scale
upload_2021-4-9_9-33-9.png

More voronoi scale
upload_2021-4-9_9-34-35.png

8. mix result with the final MIX to vary from lush to deader grass.
Less MIX == More Brown is mixed in
upload_2021-4-9_9-35-26.png

9. Set view to top if you have changed it, in output properties set output to 2K, 4K, 8K, whatever blows your hair back.
upload_2021-4-9_9-37-9.png

10. SPACEBAR and search for align camera to view.
upload_2021-4-9_9-38-48.png

11. Lock camera to view and zoom till texture is touching or slightly overlapping camera FOV,
in ycles, find FILM and set the transparency flag to true.
upload_2021-4-9_9-40-7.png

12. Hit render (F12), and save as PNG. Convert the PNG to DDS
13. Remove the procedural material from your track object.
14 Create a new material from image file, navigate to your dds, and UV map.
If all went well you should get this
upload_2021-4-9_9-42-49.png

and finally setup some grassfx, and tone the colours to your choice, no more repeating grass pattern tiles, no matter har far you can see it in the distance! I went with more subtle variation for these shots. (more scale in noise and voronoi)
upload_2021-4-9_9-45-18.png

upload_2021-4-9_9-45-53.png

Attachments

• procedural_grass_texture.txt
    829.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
They've maybe been politely asked not to use the official circuit name. Easy to re-name in CM anyway. 👍

Yes, easy to change in CM, to be clear I do not have an issue, I am just curious and asked those responsable for the mod on why they elected not to use the name of the track.
I also like to mention, I particularly like to race on that track, I enjoy the quality of the road mesh and the flow.
Discovering new real tracks is one the many treat I appreciate with AC.

Last edited:
2x 3DFX Voodoo2 SLI will run ANYTHING :)
bwahahahaha

ok so i got it sorted kind of, extracted that part of the car used blender to convert to quads, subdivide 3 times, pinning the borders, then ran a smoothing and unsubdivided 2 times, total mesh count increase was marginal (130kb) but visually MUCH better...

Now to figure out those texture coordinates to fix the skinning offsets.... also just noticed those "fins" dont touch on the origianl either and carbon fibre is not carbon fibre.. grrrr bit of work to do here, but at least it does not look like lego from the cockpit anymore.
before
upload_2021-4-9_13-25-2.png

after
upload_2021-4-9_13-26-46.png

bwahahahaha

ok so i got it sorted kind of, extracted that part of the car used blender to convert to quads, subdivide 3 times, pinning the borders, then ran a smoothing and unsubdivided 2 times, total mesh count increase was marginal (130kb) but visually MUCH better...

Now to figure out those texture coordinates to fix the skinning offsets.... also just noticed those "fins" dont touch on the origianl either and carbon fibre is not carbon fibre.. grrrr bit of work to do here, but at least it does not look like lego from the cockpit anymore.
before
View attachment 1003191

after
View attachment 1003192

Once You would finish it, can I have the updated model? And btw I am working on v0.30 physics pack of 2011 - 2015 LMP2's with BoP. I can upload the latest Morgan for You.

Impressive, I wish I would have time to learn how to improve the models... With having this model, would it be hard to "swap" the chasis with other variant available?

it breaks the skinning seams in uv projection. I am going to look at neatening that up over the weekend sometime. Probably will require the skin seams to be tweaked a bit for older skins to work, but these skins are damn low definition as it is so may re-UV and release it for skinning after i fix a few other low poly areas.

it breaks the skinning seams in uv projection. I am going to look at neatening that up over the weekend sometime. Probably will require the skin seams to be tweaked a bit for older skins to work, but these skins are damn low definition as it is so may re-UV and release it for skinning after i fix a few other low poly areas.
...Ok...This is all GTR converted content and some of the skins do not even belong to this chasis variant. In the original GTR mod there were two more chasis variants I asked some modellers to convert into AC. These people don't speak to me anymore :) If I would ever finish redoing physics for the cars there are already, I will try to learn how to convert the rest.

CM Photo Mode question:
Is it possible to automatically frame step through a replay and output a series of photo mode images as an image sequence like a 3d animation render? This would allow maximum quality output and take advantage of the CSP Nice Screenshots options.

Or are there any other addons or utilities that do something like this?

my 2017 season lemans is still missing the following cars: (these are folder names presumably)
Alpine_A450_LMP2
morgan_lmp2
ag_gibson_015s_lmp2

I think this was the morgan? but no active links in it.

It's all getting reworked by many of us. like what @Kamil Cader said. This also includes LMP1. we're doing a full rework of every single car that is in neil's pack.

Working on the Ginetta skins and I came upon a hurdle. I want the logo to look like this on the carbon part :

3YdQejl.png

Figured I had to fiddle with the red layer / couche rouge :

VDv5OdS.png

But the result is... This :

WbhrAky.png

If i totally hide the logo underneath and put mine above it does this :

wftEWpg.png

owXbEu2.png

So what's the hold up here ? What should I do to only have the letters appear like the first picture and not the last one ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back