Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,477 comments
Now that Bannochbrae is a thing for AC I don't have to drive on the Highlands track, but there is still something I need help with : that track just looks awful on my end. And I don't knwo why lol.

I've tried multiple CSPs, settings, whatever - it's as if GrassFX wouldn't work on that particular track :

With a summer skin i found on RD :

DQPIyyj.png

Without it :

EHue8xL.png

... I have no words. I have not done anything to that track, **** I haven't race on it for a couple of years and now it just looks like this.

(and yes, GrassFX is enabled)

i'm kinda lost rn.
Has something maybe happened to your track, as in did you overwrite it in the past with an odd update or something? Did you also try the track with CSP disabled out of curiosity and does it look better? Someone might be able to zip up the track folder for you and see if that helps (if a steam integrity check is too risky)?

When some one convert Citta di aria and guadalope (alcañiz) my life is completed :lol:

BTW Alcañiz:

I was there when I was a child, and I remember everything perfectly, the cars, the sound, the smell of gasoline and burning ...

An amazing track that I don't know why it's not in AC yet.

Exists as a pay mod.

Has something maybe happened to your track, as in did you overwrite it in the past with an odd update or something? Did you also try the track with CSP disabled out of curiosity and does it look better? Someone might be able to zip up the track folder for you and see if that helps (if a steam integrity check is too risky)?

Steam integrity done and nothing changed. Didn't update anything. I... Don't know. Think I'll just bin it anyway as Bannoch is the superior Scottish track now ahah.

No but really it was like that before I installed the Summer skin found on RD so, yeah. No clue.

Thank you for your answers !!!

@saXXXon : try that several times but won't work, CM still download again

@jeffnghongda : Oh ! i don't have access to this menu (Lite Version i think) i'll try to modify directly from the ui.ini maybe ?

Thank you so much, i'll tell you if it works 👍

You might have done so already, but I had this same issue with CM and Bannochbrae last night when i had installed the latest update. Restarting my computer solved it for me whatever was causing the issue with CM.

You might have done so already, but I had this same issue with CM and Bannochbrae last night when i had installed the latest update. Restarting my computer solved it for me whatever was causing the issue with CM.

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately reboot the computer doesn't work for me. I had to manually modify the ui.ini files of the track. Thank to @jeffnghongda for the tip

Exists as a pay mod.
I know, from j3dm, but I am confused with the paid mods, on the one hand I think that those hours of work in conversions should be somehow rewarded.

The patreon and donations are fine with me.
But directly charging for a conversion, it seems to me to somehow take advantage of the work of others.

And more when you can not even try the track, and if you pay and it is below your expectations?
It must be remembered that there are free mods with a quality far above others that are paid.

For example, look at the tracks of simtraxx, how many is it really of quality? how many are really yours and no conversions? Until very recently, all that very low-quality content on simtraxx was paid.

I know, from j3dm, but I am confused with the paid mods, on the one hand I think that those hours of work in conversions should be somehow rewarded.

The patreon and donations are fine with me.
But directly charging for a conversion, it seems to me to somehow take advantage of the work of others.

And more when you can not even try the track, and if you pay and it is below your expectations?
It must be remembered that there are free mods with a quality far above others that are paid.

For example, look at the tracks of simtraxx, how many is it really of quality? how many are really yours and no conversions? Until very recently, all that very low-quality content on simtraxx was paid.

I agree with you that SIMTRAXX makes beautiful tracks, but unfortunately there is a lot of indifference to the requests of its users, I make a striking example of all, the famous Targa Florio, made very well but has a big bug (more times reported) that works only or in practice or in race mode, without having the function of the session from qualification, many year reported the problem but their staff has not had feedback or an update to remedy this thing.

how do i slow down the wind turbine things in Zolder, they are giving me a nervous tic ;)

If I remember correctly, you should be able to change the speed of the rotor blades via the SPEED_MULT value in ext_config.ini. Just decrease the value. I have lowered the values to about 0.75 on another track. But this is a matter of taste.

Now that Bannochbrae is a thing for AC I don't have to drive on the Highlands track, but there is still something I need help with : that track just looks awful on my end. And I don't knwo why lol.

I've tried multiple CSPs, settings, whatever - it's as if GrassFX wouldn't work on that particular track :

With a summer skin i found on RD :

DQPIyyj.png

Without it :

EHue8xL.png

... I have no words. I have not done anything to that track, **** I haven't race on it for a couple of years and now it just looks like this.

(and yes, GrassFX is enabled)

i'm kinda lost rn.

Do you maybe have a corrupt config file loaded? Check here ~assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\ and delete ks_highlands.ini and also check the folder above ~assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ and delete it if there too. Also check your main ks_highlands track folder and rename/delete the extension folder if it exists.

Then go into CM > Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Track Configs > and scroll down to highlands and install the config (right click install):

upload_2021-5-16_12-33-7.png

Tried to match your position, do you have world settings turned down? This is what I see:

upload_2021-5-16_12-37-15.png

Last edited:
Or you can (like me) start 2 to 4 times and then you can drive with all assets working anyway. Not everyone has this issue, it seems to depend on your system.

I agree. It's way too bright, the grass is heavily overexposed and the mountain ridge in the distance goes up and down like a graphic equalizer...

Reg. Willow Springs, is there already a fix or workaround to have the background mountains fixed? They flicker as hell. I wonder why this is not noticable in Rusty / Esprit´s video.

Reg. Willow Springs, is there already a fix or workaround to have the background mountains fixed? They flicker as hell. I wonder why this is not noticable in Rusty / Esprit´s video.
It's weird, I don't have flickering/morphing mountains at all in VR with default clip planes, but in 2D they're a nightmare, like wobbling jelly.
I guess the track was tested in VR maybe? Not sure why they don't show up in the video either... maybe he has extended clip planes?

I don't particularly recommend this as I have not tested it on other tracks properly yet, but for Willow Springs on my system, these values fix the background mountains and performance loss is negligible:

upload_2021-5-16_13-20-56.png

Located in CM>Settings>Custom Shaders Patch>Graphics Settings

I don't particularly recommend this as I have not tested it on other tracks properly yet, but for Willow Springs on my system, these values fix the background mountains and performance loss is negligible:

View attachment 1011258

Located in CM>Settings>Custom Shaders Patch>Graphics Settings

Thanks, that was the culprit! I have had it on 30k / 40k, now with default back to 20k / 30k it is fixed as well.

Edit: default setting is not to recommend since the mountains suddenly appear when driving towards them, coming from turn 1. Better set it to 120k / 160k as recommended by @norms

Last edited:
Thanks, that was the culprit! I have had it on 30k / 40k, now with default back to 20k / 30k it is fixed as well.

Edit: default setting is not to recommend since the mountains suddenly appear when driving towards them, coming from turn 1. Better set it to 120k / 160k as recommended by @norms
Like I say, I'm not sure how this will affect other tracks. Maybe tracks with a lot of detail in the distance will really suffer from this setting, so for now see it as a temporary fix just for this circuit 👍

Like I say, I'm not sure how this will affect other tracks. Maybe tracks with a lot of detail in the distance will really suffer from this setting, so for now see it as a temporary fix just for this circuit 👍

By that chance, do you know what exactly does "FOV exponent" in that settings tab exactly? I´ve had this set to 0.5 (default is 2) but not sure why (think this was recommended by Peter Boese along with his SOL 2.0 manual).

By that chance, do you know what exactly does "FOV exponent" in that settings tab exactly? I´ve had this set to 0.5 (default is 2) but not sure why (think this was recommended by Peter Boese along with his SOL 2.0 manual).
I've no idea sorry, also didn't realise that was recommended by Peter.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back