Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,013 comments
Velo and I have collaborated on this release on his website. I hope it may interest some of you. Geroda's car was the basis but it has been given a complete rework, new Borrani wheels, steering wheel and new gauges, new physics (in my opinion the old physics were very odd and made the car essentially undriveable), and I have created four new skins, three of which represent serial number 0090/E in various iterations. This car was purchased in 1951 by Count Umberto Marzotto (according to all who knew him he was a complete Count) and raced by him and others for a few years. You need Driver_50 for this one.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f51wbhg31883mjd/ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder.zip/file

View attachment 1012663 View attachment 1012664 View attachment 1012665 View attachment 1012666
View attachment 1012671

Really nice little car, but my windscreen has a little motion blur on it, what can be made ?

Changing the fast lane will not solve your problem because the sidelines (= track borders) did allow the AI to use the whole track width on the bridge including the barrier in the middle. I have made some new sidelines, forcing the AI to only use the right side of the track. That also should solve the problems with the chicane...
thank you but I did 2 races with the Toyota S-FR and both times the cars at the end of the pack went straight into the wall without changing direction. I think the problem is when there are 2 cars side by side. The car on the left can't avoid the wall.

Sorry, i think I came across a bit harsh - getting ready to move into a flat on tuesday and i think i might be a lil bit stressed and anxious lol.
But yeah i get ya and as I said, Arturi could have just added a bit of info as to his latest project. Still. it's exciting to see this one taking fruition as a classic MGB done to his standards is gonna be great.
Sounds good - hopefully there's an MGB Roadster planned too... don't think I've seen one of those in a sim. I restored a barn find to concourse standard many years ago, hence my interest. Never again, lol.

Last edited:
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monza_23-4-121-19-57-55.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monza_23-4-121-20-1-15.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monza_23-4-121-20-0-0.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monza_23-4-121-19-59-25.png

Skin is quite done! Need to make gloves and suits (maybe), but think this is good enough for a quick release. What do you think guys?

Last edited:
Hi guys, trying to do some LODs for a car. Not using the generator as it didn't quite give me a great result. Got the models down to the targeted number of vertices and objects, but I'm struggling a bit with the part where I should get the actual filesize of the .kn5 down. This of course is down to the materials, textures, within the file. Now I'm wondering which tactic you use to get this down significantly? Thanks a lot in advance!
When making your LOD kn5 files in kesditor, simply save them as car with no textures.

Last edited:
Velo and I have collaborated on this release on his website. I hope it may interest some of you. Geroda's car was the basis but it has been given a complete rework, new Borrani wheels, steering wheel and new gauges, new physics (in my opinion the old physics were very odd and made the car essentially undriveable), and I have created four new skins, three of which represent serial number 0090/E in various iterations. This car was purchased in 1951 by Count Umberto Marzotto (according to all who knew him he was a complete Count) and raced by him and others for a few years. You need Driver_50 for this one.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f51wbhg31883mjd/ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder.zip/file

View attachment 1012663 View attachment 1012664 View attachment 1012665 View attachment 1012666
View attachment 1012671
Hi Tim, the driver's helmet and goggles clip through the cockpit view. This is using the driver_50.kn5 as noted in the download on Velo's site. Seems like the HIDE commands are set up wrong.

Screenshot_ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder_imola_23-5-121-19-27-21.jpg

To fix it, in data/driver3d.ini, remove the three HIDE sections at the bottom and replace them with these:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=HELMET_50_1

Edit: cockpit elements such as the instruments and steering wheel go almost white in direct sun so ksDiffuse/ksSpecular settings could do with lowering quite a lot for those items.
Quick test:
Before:
Screenshot_ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder_imola_23-5-121-19-39-41.jpg

After: (forgot the centre of the steering wheel, it was just a quick test)
Screenshot_ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder_imola_23-5-121-19-45-36.jpg

Last edited:
@gutbomb thanks a lot for the hard work behind the track review, it's so good for the community!

For the next update, you might want to have a look at this version of Buenos Aires: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-de-buenos-aires-by-h22.39264/
And at the Reboot Team version of Long Beach.
:)

NB: I can't find a way to make an account on NAGP, does someone have a mirror link to the Detroit track please?

Here it is: https://mega.nz/file/Dg8ShI4T#nkue5kX9EtfCNqXPWIP-zOUsLGJLKu39hwHVvH1KJrI

Hi Tim, the driver's helmet and goggles clip through the cockpit view. This is using the driver_50.kn5 as noted in the download on Velo's site. Seems like the HIDE commands are set up wrong.

View attachment 1012689

To fix it, in data/driver3d.ini, remove the three HIDE sections at the bottom and replace them with these:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=HELMET_50_1

Yes , sorry, forgot to mention that. A corrected driver3d.ini will be in the update fixing the headlights issue but for a complete job these lines will get rid of everything in the way:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=HELMET:HELMET_50

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=HELMET_50_0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=HELMET_50_1

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=HELMET_50_2

[HIDE_OBJECT_4]

Has anyone worked on wiper animations on any of the URD cars? I have most of their cars and would like to get the wipers going. Some already have it but I cannot remember if it was a mod I downloaded or not.

Yes , sorry, forgot to mention that. A corrected driver3d.ini will be in the update fixing the headlights issue but for a complete job these lines will get rid of everything in the way:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=HELMET:HELMET_50

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=HELMET_50_0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=HELMET_50_1

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=HELMET_50_2

[HIDE_OBJECT_4]
Great, thanks.
Last one from me I promise, but the odometer digits are floating in front of the glass and are a little too high, which can really jump out in VR. This will place them in the right places on the face of the actual dial.
Replace data/digital_instruments.ini text with:

Code:
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=NULL
POSITION=-0.441, 0.514, 0.064
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=000.0
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
ALIGN=CENTER
FONT=c7_big
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
COUNT=5

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=NULL
POSITION=-0.454, 0.484, 0.056
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=0000
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
FONT=c7_big
ALIGN=RIGHT

An analogue odometer would be better I guess?

Last edited:
Great, thanks.
Last one from me I promise, but the odometer digits are floating in front of the glass and are a little too high, which can really jump out in VR. This will place them in the right places on the face of the actual dial.

Code:
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=NULL
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=000.0
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
ALIGN=CENTER
FONT=c7_big
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
COUNT=5

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=NULL
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=0000
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
FONT=c7_big
ALIGN=RIGHT

That’s really helpful, thanks!

Here's Volume 10 of the Assetto Corsa Multiple Track Mod Review Project or PERHAPS THE REAL TRACKS ARE THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY.

Thanks for your excellent work compiling these lists.
I decided to refresh my library so downloaded all the best tracks from your list...well those that I could. There are a number of them that are no longer available unfortunately.

I have made a list of those that aren't available - https://pastebin.com/QLhKvuEd

Willow Springs (DDM) - WIP

The new version is quite comparable in quality but does lack something with the brightness of the inner-field surfaces, and HTM's track surface...

So far, so good... hope to complete it in the next few days...

View attachment 1011775

View attachment 1011776

Here it is... the mega-update for the Willow Springs track...

ddm_gts_willow_springs_05_a.jpg

Mod Features: (all layouts - big, htm, sow, sow_l & sow_m)
- track lighting
- rain FX
- many cams, including some action close-ups
- background screen images
- CM/CSP required
- original ext_config file included (backup)...

- new fast/pit AI lanes for big & htm layouts
- new pit AI lane for all sow layouts

- tarmac skin for htm layout
- toned-inner-field skin covering all layouts

DOWNLOAD LINK

There are fixes out there especially for RSS cars. I hope you've tried to employ those before posting that. If you don't care what it looks like then why should others? I care what tracks look like. Mods tracks are always unpredictable. Have you tried the ballast option on the cars weighting them for current performance? They head in to the hairpin a bit less bunched up and all make it. I cant help with any further suggestions.

Track looks great, never a question about that, but its not really helpfull if the game mechanics/car mechanics mean you cannot actually race it, I think several posts before mine someone else also mentioned the older '91 cars CAN make it, but in the current car/track combo meant to emulate 2021 its a high guarantee they will crash out. I could manage a reasonably smash free race by reducing competitor count to 5 or less cars, 0% agression and reducing skill so they do the duckling dance around corners. I tried both "steering fixes" fixes and the ballst fix suggested for getting the cars around the hairpin but no matter what they just end up in smashes, and the more you try shift those values to improve getting around the corner the more they then just smash in other places. (as they do in real life as well occasionally I guess?)

I eventually ended up getting my groove on in AMS2 with the Formula Reiza, (and another good one was the V10) , 20 cars and 30 laps, averaging 1.15s and while I still came stone last, but, I had a race that could be raced, as well as some fun and hairy overtakes that didnt end up n chaos. ;)

Many thanks to everyone who worked on it, hopefully for next year RSS will work on a car that can make the corners on that track, considering its a part of the official calender :)

@gutbomb thanks a lot for the hard work behind the track review, it's so good for the community!

For the next update, you might want to have a look at this
And at the Reboot Team version of Long Beach.
:)

Which is?

Sorry I can't recall any rt version of Long Beach. Do you have a link? Thanks

Lam
Which is?

Sorry I can't recall any rt version of Long Beach. Do you have a link? Thanks
I don’t think there was an “official” RT release of Long Beach. I’m guessing he’s referring to the WIP version by Terra21, which (I think) has been updated here and there. Terra21 was 1/2 of the original Reboot team.

Here it is... the mega-update for the Willow Springs track...

View attachment 1012699

Mod Features: (all layouts - big, htm, sow, sow_l & sow_m)
- track lighting
- rain FX
- many cams, including some action close-ups
- background screen images
- CM/CSP required
- original ext_config file included (backup)...

- new fast/pit AI lanes for big & htm layouts
- new pit AI lane for all sow layouts

- tarmac skin for htm layout
- toned-inner-field skin covering all layouts

DOWNLOAD LINK

EDIT: red channel seems to be missing. Willing to bet this is a Shader issue since the source files already have a very deep red track similar to the photos below?

Source game footage

!!big edit to remove erroneous info, the skin was not working right at the time, restart CM if this happens to you.!!

SOL V2.1RC4 [2.0] (reported in Sol app in game)
SolWeatherApp v11.6
CSP v0.1.75-preview1(1555) (reported in game)

upload_2021-5-24_5-53-0.png
upload_2021-5-24_5-53-20.png
upload_2021-5-24_5-53-45.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1012684 View attachment 1012686 View attachment 1012687 View attachment 1012688

Skin is quite done! Need to make gloves and suits (maybe), but think this is good enough for a quick release. What do you think guys?

I mean, for you and your friends who know what the hell royal racing is, great.... but I'd far rather actual F1 skins?
Quite why it needs several pics every time you post up another skin which serves no purpose unless like i say you care or know what royal racing is...

If i am missing some famous tik tok reference or whatever then fair enough.

For advertising yourself though, which is what real life 'skins' are about...10/10...

Last edited:
I mean, for you and your friends who know what the hell royal racing is, great.... but I'd far rather actual F1 skins?
Quite why it needs several pics every time you post up another skin which serves no purpose unless like i say you care or know what royal racing is...

If i am missing some famous tik tok reference or whatever then fair enough.

For advertising yourself though, which is what real life 'skins' are about...10/10...
honestly I just do this for the sake of people who like skins and generally car design. Don't know if I already said this, but I don't make replicas because simply it won't allow me to create something mine and be proud of it. Kudos to those who like to make replicas, and to those enjoying them (me too), but when I skin a car I'm trying to show something new, and I also take the occasion to do some cool shots and share them here.

Thanks I uninstalled previous version completely, reinstalled then added this hoping it would fix the washed out terrain for me (affects some people for some damn reason), also red channel seems to be completely missing. WIlling to bet this must be a CSP/CM issue since the video posted by DDM shows a very deep red track similar to the gts source?

Source game footage

THEN: What I actually get in game...

Natural_Mod (my default for all tracks)
View attachment 1012701

Standard Sol_Extra
View attachment 1012700

SOL_sensinometric (terrain is "better" while still severely lacking red channel, but everything else becomes super dark)
View attachment 1012705

track images pay attention to track versus terrain and red channel
View attachment 1012706
View attachment 1012707
View attachment 1012708

@slider666 is working on fixes for it on the side that already largly fix some of these issues, perhaps the DDM crew needs to reach to him?

SOL V2.1RC4 [2.0] (reported in Sol app in game)
SolWeatherApp v11.6
CSP v0.1.75-preview1(1555) (reported in game)

Are you sure you had @racealot 's skin active? Click it on and off a few times. It's definitely darkened the terrain for me, although the hills now look a little pale by comparison.
@racealot were the hills included in the retouch?

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-5-121-21-8-24.jpg

Are you sure you had @racealot 's skin active? Click it on and off a few times. It's definitely darkened the terrain for me, although the hills now look a little pale by comparison.
@racealot were the hills included in the retouch?

View attachment 1012710

OK. complete shutdown and restart of CM made it work. strange. and yes its a bit better. but still lacking red channel?
At least playable now without giving me arc eyes.

upload_2021-5-24_6-16-41.png

stranger is that it must be a shader thing, because in 3dsimed it looks like this, full to the brim of red channel.. and the texture have what they need?
unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Great, thanks.

Code:
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=NULL
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=000.0
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
ALIGN=CENTER
FONT=c7_big
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
COUNT=5

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=NULL
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=0000
SIZE=0.011
COLOR=235,235,235
INTENSITY=1
FONT=c7_big
ALIGN=RIGHT

New link with various fixes. Link updated in original post too
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jamved362zs8d9y/ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder_update.zip/file

OK. SOL_FAKEHDR gets it close enough for me. car interior is darkened a lot, but, i need to see the track not the car, so, WORKS for me!! Thanks @racelot, light years ahead of where it was.

upload_2021-5-24_6-25-2.png

upload_2021-5-24_6-28-40.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back