Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,063 comments
the car don't got a interior? i mean it don't look finished at all
I didn't realise we were supposed to forensically examine random unannotated photodumps to try to work out why they were posted... that's why just dropping photos into this thread with no accompanying text has always been frowned upon, and can look a little attention-grabby. There's a separate photo thread for that.
This MGB might have a stripped-out race interior for all anyone knows, the photo isn't that clear. And the car certainly looks finished compared to some of the garbage that gets released these days.

Last edited:
I started the job of extracting this track from a different game to get the correct swimming pool area drawn correctly not patched. (the entire track mesh is jsut better generally) there are several bumps in the AC one (just before T1 for example) that look like mesh joining glitches (cracked it open to have a look)..

but

I got side tracked by how much better the boats are in this version, still low poly, but, so many more of them and a lot of variation by some careful trickery of scaling and different texture groups. Might be worth just bringing the whole thing over.

View attachment 1012550
View attachment 1012551
View attachment 1012552

I have a real issue with the tunnel surface. Way more bumpy than in real life.

Changing the fast lane will not solve your problem because the sidelines (= track borders) did allow the AI to use the whole track width on the bridge including the barrier in the middle. I have made some new sidelines, forcing the AI to only use the right side of the track. That also should solve the problems with the chicane. Just remove the txt-ending from both files and copy them into the data-directory of the track. I tried that with several different cars and it did work for me. Please give it a try and tell me if you are happy,

Thanks very much mrtomcat, you're a star. I love racing city circuits.

I have no time at the moment to do the wall changes. It'll take some time until I can do that I'm afraid :(
It's not something that is essential right now anyway. If you do get some time to do it then PM me first so we can tie things together properly before it / if it gets released.

Hi,
Someone have understand how to choose Hi downforce Kit and Low downforce kit ?
in Content Manager showroom you can display these 2 kits, but for ingame I don't see anything ...

Thanks

If you set your front aero above 2 it goes to the high downforce nose. Below 2 it has the low downforce nose.

Last edited:
@alperen141
Yes it's supposed to be bumpy. It's not a smooth circuit by a long shot. I've walked the track, there are manhole covers and drains everywhere, you can see cars drive around them, especially down the hill heading towards the hairpin section. The actual tarmac in real life is full of patches and repairs mainly due to the sheer amount of tourists walking on it and it getting stupid hot and soft during the summers. Sister lives in Val Bonne so it's a convenient €2 bus trip to get there or €35 on the SNCF train.
"Livin' la vida loca" then ;)

Here's Volume 10 of the Assetto Corsa Multiple Track Mod Review Project or PERHAPS THE REAL TRACKS ARE THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY.

Volume 1 - A is here.

Volume 2 - B is here.

Volume 3 - C and D is here.

Volume 4 - E, F, and G is here.

Volume 5 - H and I is here.

Volume 6 - J and K is here.

Volume 7 - L and M is here.

Volume 8 - N is here.

Volume 9 - O and P is here.

This one is all addendum. There have been a lot of tracks released since I started this project that are duplicates of pre-existing tracks. Here is a collection of those that I hadn't reviewed yet. A-P here. There's gonna be a LOT of actk releases in here. I'm adding each of the tracks here back to the original posts for their corresponding letter as well.

Addendum

Adelaide 1988
Testing Car:
Audi R8 V10 Plus

Folder Name: adelaide1988
Author: Rainmaker
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b9sg09ecyid89he/Adelaide_1988_v1.6_by_SBB_project.7z/file
With the automatically downloaded CSP config this looks great. There's nice GrassFX and lots of detailed models around the track. The track bridges look a bit washed out, but overall this looks pretty nice. I was a little bit disappointed that there isn't any night lighting.

Folder Name: adelaide1988
Author: Assetto-FR.tk
Download: https://sharemods.com/atxf1j20tlba/adelaide1988.7z.html
This is a rework of the Rainmaker version and it is a pretty big improvement. The lighting isn't so bright and that makes a lot of the details of the textures visible. The only complaint I have is that the crowd is gone. It would be nice to have the crowd back. Other than that, this is good, so I recommend this over the original.

Adelaide 2011
Testing Car:
Porsche 911 (993) Carrera

Folder Name: adelaide2011
Author: Rainmaker
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/adelaide-clipsal-500-2011-by-tewie-and-rainmaker.4922/
I like this one a lot. This one doesn't have an automatically downloaded config file but textures look good and the track surroundings look nice. Nothing to complain about here. I'll probably eventually put together a lighting and grass config for this because it's a nice track that deserves a bit of modernization. This one is my pick.

Folder Name: adelaide2011
Author: Assetto-FR.tk
Download: https://sharemods.com/sapfe57fdv5n/adelaide2011.7z.html
This one adds some grass and tweaks the colors a bit, but I feel like it just makes everything too dark. I prefer the original.
There is an Adelaide 2016 out in the wild. I've got it on my hard drive. If I recall correctly, I found it on Rainmaker's master track list from the f1classics forum.

Question to the community: What is the best version of a modern Adelaide? The 2016 version seems a bit too bumpy, even for a street circuit.

Over the last few days this thread has pretty much turned into a photo and video thread anyway - seems like everyone has forgotten where those threads live.
As for @Arturi I think this one is legit as it's a WIP mod he is working on but yes maybe a WIP would have helped.
But why single him out when if you go back a few pages you will find crappy youtube videos and plenty of pics with no context.
Not singling anyone out mate, it's just that the MGB GT picture drew my attention as it's a car I'm quite interested in so wanted to know why it was posted. None of us are mind readers. ;)
All the other photo/video crap is annoying but easily ignored, but I agree with you, this thread has become very cluttered with thiny-veiled photo and video spam flexes.
"Car X is great around track Y with PP filter Z, CSP version A and Sol version B, here are twelve photos and/or a video of me driving car X around track Y using PP filter Z, CSP version A and Sol version B to demonstrate what I mean, and not just because I took some photos and/or shot a video that I'm really proud of and this is the busiest thread to showcase them in".
:lol:

While I do love all the edits to the track for Monaco '21 I have to admit I have pretty much given up on it as we head to 5 hours before the race..
Back to the good old trusty rf2 and the wholly unsuited VRC Formula NA.. its not right.. but.. it works ;)

Anyone got a NOT RSS F1 that makes it aroud this track ok? At this point I dont even care what it looks like ;)
View attachment 1012636
Open the car.ini, change [control] radio to 10.

While I do love all the edits to the track for Monaco '21 I have to admit I have pretty much given up on it as we head to 5 hours before the race..
Back to the good old trusty rf2 and the wholly unsuited VRC Formula NA.. its not right.. but.. it works ;)

Anyone got a NOT RSS F1 that makes it aroud this track ok? At this point I dont even care what it looks like ;)
View attachment 1012636
There are fixes out there especially for RSS cars. I hope you've tried to employ those before posting that. If you don't care what it looks like then why should others? I care what tracks look like. Mods tracks are always unpredictable. Have you tried the ballast option on the cars weighting them for current performance? They head in to the hairpin a bit less bunched up and all make it. I cant help with any further suggestions.

Over the last few days this thread has pretty much turned into a photo and video thread anyway - seems like everyone has forgotten where those threads live.
As for @Arturi I think this one is legit as it's a WIP mod he is working on but yes maybe a WIP would have helped.
But why single him out when if you go back a few pages you will find crappy youtube videos and plenty of pics with no context.

Not singling anyone out mate, it's just that the MGB GT picture drew my attention as it's a car I'm quite interested in so wanted to know why it was posted. None of us are mind readers. ;)
All the other photo/video crap is annoying but easily ignored, but I agree with you, this thread has become very cluttered with thiny-veiled photo and video spam flexes.
"Car X is great around track Y with PP filter Z, CSP version A and Sol version B, here are twelve photos and/or a video of me driving car X around track Y using PP filter Z, CSP version A and Sol version B to demonstrate what I mean, and not just because I took some photos and/or shot a video that I'm really proud of and this is the busiest thread to showcase them in".
:lol:
Hopefully the newer members will understand context as they visit and contribute to the forum/thread more. Scaff posting a video tutorial on Sol 2.1 makes sense as it is a new release and we're discussing it. A certain other user posting video reviews of individual cars that have been released months (and even years) ago, well he got on my Ignore list.

Folder name: baku
Author: Terra21
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/63660zt6ws2nsj7/baku.rar
Now this is one beautiful track. The buildings are incredibly detailed, and the track's elevation is all accurate. Baku might be a boring race to watch, but it's an excellent track to drive on, especially if you use this one. For me, this is my choice.

does anyone know if this is a codemasters rip? don't really know if terra's works are effectively codies ported into ac

I'm looking for somone who want to join our team and update this one for CSP?
This is mini copper sport 500, latest classic mini limited edition to 500 cars.

Things to do:
- wipers animation,
- ini update to rain etc.
- back lights fix, they looks bad and not working at night,
- front lights fix, the normals the car currently has on the front light seem to be flipped / ruined in some way that prevents refractions from working.
- I don't know what more? Maybe driver change to more not stig style.

I have blend and 800MB high quality car photos.

I talked about it with Rusty but I think he don't have enough time.

Screenshot_zs_rover_mini_ks_vallelunga_1-4-121-17-52-34.jpg

Velo and I have collaborated on this release on his website. I hope it may interest some of you. Geroda's car was the basis but it has been given a complete rework, new Borrani wheels, steering wheel and new gauges, new physics (in my opinion the old physics were very odd and made the car essentially undriveable), and I have created four new skins, three of which represent serial number 0090/E in various iterations. This car was purchased in 1951 by Count Umberto Marzotto (according to all who knew him he was a complete Count) and raced by him and others for a few years. You need Driver_50 for this one.

Edit: updated link with headlight, driver and odometer fixes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jamved362zs8d9y/ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder_update.zip/file

__custom_showroom_1620288884.jpg
ferrari 1951 212_export_0090E_dolomiti.jpg
__custom_showroom_1620288893.jpg
1951-06-03_Coppa_Toscana_Ferrari_212_0090E_Umberto_Marzotto.jpg

__custom_showroom_1620066758.jpg

Last edited:
Velo and I have collaborated on this release on his website. I hope it may interest some of you. Geroda's car was the basis but it has been given a complete rework, new Borrani wheels, steering wheel and new gauges, new physics (in my opinion the old physics were very odd and made the car essentially undriveable), and I have created four new skins, three of which represent serial number 0090/E in various iterations. This car was purchased in 1951 by Count Umberto Marzotto (according to all who knew him he was a complete Count) and raced by him and others for a few years.

View attachment 1012663 View attachment 1012664 View attachment 1012665 View attachment 1012666
View attachment 1012671
Link? :)

Velo and I have collaborated on this release on his website. I hope it may interest some of you. Geroda's car was the basis but it has been given a complete rework, new Borrani wheels, steering wheel and new gauges, new physics (in my opinion the old physics were very odd and made the car essentially undriveable), and I have created four new skins, three of which represent serial number 0090/E in various iterations. This car was purchased in 1951 by Count Umberto Marzotto (according to all who knew him he was a complete Count) and raced by him and others for a few years. You need Driver_50 for this one.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f51wbhg31883mjd/ferrari_212_export_vignale_spyder.zip/file

View attachment 1012663 View attachment 1012664 View attachment 1012665 View attachment 1012666
View attachment 1012671

very nice update. but although the headlights are working, they do not illuminate the road. csp 1.70

Hi guys, trying to do some LODs for a car. Not using the generator as it didn't quite give me a great result. Got the models down to the targeted number of vertices and objects, but I'm struggling a bit with the part where I should get the actual filesize of the .kn5 down. This of course is down to the materials, textures, within the file. Now I'm wondering which tactic you use to get this down significantly? Thanks a lot in advance!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back