Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
I had included the correct link when I added it to a single post, only about Homestead. However, it was replaced with the wrong link when my messages were consolidated.

Homestead Link again -- that was replaced with the wrong link.

No worries man. Thanks 👍.

yes, and no.. with BlenderGIS if your area acutally has that geometry, you can import it. but, to my knowledge then taking that BACK to RTB is an issue.. there are tutorial on youtube for doing it the longhand way by nukedrop aka member here whose name I cannot recall offhand.

Thanks, will give it a try

Is there a way to brighten up the night a little? I get that it can be pitch black during bad weather but I shouldn't have to strain to see when it's a clear night.

Would anyone know if an AC version of Amaroo Park exists ?

Yes, it exists. Use the search function. Well i don't actually know Eastern Creek's other name is Amaroo but there is an updated version of Eastern Creek (Rainmaker track) posted on this forum. Excuse me if i am wrong about the information of the name.

is there a texture for buildings with this plugin too?
yes but you need to dig around in the blenderGIS WIKI for how to add sources to the plugin, it can also handle specific DEM sources like the Australian 1m Lidar DEM sources for very accurate topology etc. No easy tutorial on that because it involves editting the python scripts and inserting code snippets etc. I think they said for next release after beta 3 completes is an easier way to add these sources.

(edit: disclaimer: they cannot add commercial sources in the release version like google etc because its a licence issue, short verion, yes it can be done)

Last edited:
I am looking for a map that is an open road, and that is a city, the closest thing I have found is 'dortmund' but it is in a very basic state, someone knows of a map with these characteristics and that it is finished (or almost)

shi
I have converted 3 Tracks from Sports car GT.
(To be exact, convert from GTR2.)

Chatham Hills Raceway (Link updated)
v1.1
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014380
v1.1changelog;
-Re created the physical road surface
-Add noise to the physical road surface
-Added up to 26 pit / start numbers
-Adjust UI (author column)
-Re created VAO

North Point (Link updated 2)
v1.2
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Adjust surface.ini

v1.2changelog;

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・Original track made by ISI for Sportscar GT
・Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
@shi (shin956), Tracks convert

Enjoy.
North Point v1.2 update
changelog;

Chatham Hills Raceway v1.1 update
changelog;
-Re created VAO

shi

v1.1
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014380
v1.1changelog;
-Re created VAO

v1.2
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Recreated the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini

v1.2changelog;

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

I've just tested the North Point v1.1 version with the new road mesh, driving the Russel-Alexis Formula Ford.

Road Mesh
Definitely an improvement, as it removes the "blockiness" on the hills of the previous version. However, it still has some sections that are too smooth, that don't match the "aged" appearance of the track. I suggest carefully adding some subtle varying undulations to the surface overall to give the full course some character and "road feel." I say do it carefully, because it's too easy to end up with a mesh with sharp, jutting, over-exaggerated peaks that can rattle and wrench a FF wheel out of your hands. Drive the latest version of Hockenheim ring or Horsma Raceway for examples of this.

Skybox/Surrounding Terrain
It has been mentioned to edit or replace the skyboxes. At the very least, the top edges of the 2D hills/surrounding terrain need to be edited to remove the darker outlines or other issues that affect its' appearance. They could also be enlarged and moved away from the track to reduce the 2D "wall" look and add depth and more realistic 3D perspective. If you really want to improve the look and feel of the track, 3D-modeled surrounding terrain is the best option, but that does require more work. For fantasy tracks, an "easy" solution for this would be for someone to provide surrounding 3D terrain from one of their track mods. It could be "mirrored" so it's not as recognizable in your mod.

Great work--I look forward to more updates when you have time!

Last edited:
is there a texture for buildings with this plugin too?
I think a bit more exciting is the wrok being done in a differnt community to extract teh MSFS2020 map AFTER it procedurally generates its buildings. The srtm data is a bit low, but, you get full buildings , ready textured etc. They have not released it yet, but soon, I am having a look at the blender importer for them.

Aosta 3.5 (link updated in original post as well)

Does anybody know what is happening with the above posted Aosta 3.5? I tried to add RainFX and the track doesn't get the wet effect no matter what. On the other hand if you add the RainFX config and try to drive there is rain physics and spray from the tires :confused:

I am on csp1.75p1 and Sol 2.1.1

I think a bit more exciting is the wrok being done in a differnt community to extract teh MSFS2020 map AFTER it procedurally generates its buildings. The srtm data is a bit low, but, you get full buildings , ready textured etc. They have not released it yet, but soon, I am having a look at the blender importer for them.
this is an great news

shi

v1.1
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014380
v1.1changelog;
-Re created VAO

v1.2
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Recreated the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini

v1.2changelog;

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

that is awesome, SportsCar GT is a proper classic nice job lad

I've looked a number of times over the last few years and haven't found one. It's a glaring omission from the currently available Australian tracks. There's a VERY old RF1 version floating around in cyberspace, but if it has been converted to AC, I've yet to come across it.

I do have that Aussie RFactor pack , I think I found on RD, I tried to do a conversion in 3dSimED but never finished, It was the only reason I bought Race Track Builder, I have the base and rough track layout, but that is where my talent ran out.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back