Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,970 comments
View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.

I know there was an alternative physics posted on Toprace. Does anyone have it?

ACTK Circuito Del Jarama v1.01
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1284

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_actk_jamara_8-5-121-20-17-51.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_actk_jamara_8-5-121-20-19-6.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_actk_jamara_8-5-121-20-18-24.jpg
v1.01
Rename dir actk_jarama
Fixed pit collisions
Fixed a hole in the mesh

No, I never mentioned Jarama, we were talking about Circuit du Laquais, which I think is a paymod?
Hard to keep track these days.

Edit: yes, it's a paymod. http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1266#p6099
Ah, my bad, I got confused.
But I just tried that Jarama. It has without any doubt the same roots as the Gilles conversion. Some changes were made, but the base is exactly the same. :indiff:
Edit: Performance is better though.

Last edited:
Ah, my bad, I got confused.
But I just tried that Jarama. It has without any doubt the same roots as the Gilles conversion. Some changes were made, but the base is exactly the same, even performance wise... :indiff:

I drive in triple screen with 32 cars and 60fps without any problem with my 1660 super

Last edited:
i can try

edit,
here the official site, https://www.jarama.org/
Those photos you see are from this year, I was there two months ago, they have resurfaced some potholes on the track at this time, now you don't have to dodge them haha.

eddddit2

By the way look, this is what I was referring to in the other post with which the horizon had been lost.

This is the driver's point of view on the main straight (which is downhill) you see? you can see the entire city of Torrejón on the horizon.

Captura.png

This advertising that you see in the photo has been there for more than a decade, the bmw tower, the logos of the 'race' cepsa, mcdonalds, santander, motor mirasierra, lois, (that's a bmw dealer, my e36 came out of there) and seat advertising (a lot) audi and goodyear.

Another thing that is very characteristic of Jarama is being all the time watching planes land and take off, the airport is next door.

A curious fact, it may be that Jarama was the last track to remove tobacco and alcohol advertising, when it left the F1 calendar, it went from official circuit to private circuit, the advertising did not change until many many years later, and the advertising that replaced it was the one you see in the photo that has been (and is there most of it) since the days of 'banned' advertising

That's a lotta lotta ads. Looks like that stretch of Rt. 66 in Albuquerque with all the fast-food franchises lined up in a row.

Last edited:
I drive in triple screen with 32 cars and 60fps without any problem with my 1660 super
Is the AMS version of Jarama that you converted a rip from GRiD, because it looks just like it, even down to the adboards.
GRiD -> AMS -> AC..?
If so, aren't you better off converting it from directly from GRiD Autosport, which is a much better version than the much older GRiD original?

Last edited:
Is the AMS version of Jarama that you converted a rip from GRiD, because it looks just like it, even down to the adboards.
GRiD -> AMS -> AC..?
If so, aren't you better off converting it from directly from GRiD Autosport, which is a much better version than the much older GRiD original?

I don't own GRID and converting from this game still looks different

Random question, has anyone else come across any mods that have models converted from The Crew games? Just curious.

I have tried searching through google, assetto land, ac car mods, one vk site I frequent now, and various other mod sites. I'm mainly just hoping someone is going to point out a mod from a site I never been on before.

Random question, has anyone else come across any mods that have models converted from The Crew games? Just curious.

I have tried searching through google, assetto land, ac car mods, one vk site I frequent now, and various other mod sites. I'm mainly just hoping someone is going to point out a mod from a site I never been on before.
You probably may have to hope that someone would even ever consider converting one of The Crew 2 models from Gamemodels to AC, hoping that someone has donated them or has paid for premium membership in order to download any of them.

What does that FOV exponent do? My setting was at default on 2 and I have been having flickering shadows on certain tracks. I am not at my gaming computer so I cannot test it but do you think it would affect those as well?

I'm not sure exactly what it adjusts to be honest, but Peter Boese recommends the 0.5 setting in the SOL manual and it was also recommended as a fix for the flashing sky box issue by someone on the CSP discord a long time back. So, I tried it and it worked (without making anything else go wonky)... and that's where I've left it ever since.

EDIT: This is what cRusty says about FOV Exponent on the CSP discord...

"Far as I'm aware, Far/Near Plane and FOV Exponents handle how the "horizon" texture is handled in-game. They do nothing to benefit performance or graphics, but if you don't match the Sol manual's settings you might get artifacting."

EDIT2: Info on adaptive clip planes...

ACP.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lotta lotta ads. Looks like that stretch of Rt. 66 in Albuquerque with all the fast-food franchises lined up in a row.
That has its explanation, the circuit is attached to one of the main highways in Madrid, and that advertising is part of the highway, but it was intentionally set so high so that it can be seen from the highway and ... on TV broadcasts.

That advertising off the track is worth € xx and inside the track is worth € xxxx

Now imagine all that advertising exposure in the 90s marlboro, camel, martini, playboy ahhh what times ...

GRiD -> AMS -> AC..?

Is nobody going to mention that truck stuck in the wall at the end of the pits in both this and Gilles' version? I'm sure that's just coincidence though...

Anyone else having this issue with Legion's Spa 193x ?

XcFY647.png

Trees are very dark. Am on CSP 0.1.75 preview 1
That happens to me in almost all circuits, the lighting configuration is hell, the ppf you use influences a lot but if you have installed an old track that had shaders there it may be part of the problem

GRiD -> AMS -> AC..?

If I remember correctly, the Jarama closest to reality is that of Grid1, the old one.

Talking about terrain elevation, heights, and banked of the curves, because yes, in reality Jarama curves are banked, not flat

If I remember correctly, the Jarama closest to reality is that of Grid1, the old one.

Talking about terrain elevation, heights, and banked of the curves, because yes, in reality Jarama curves are banked, not flat
A direct conversion from native GRiD files might be better then. The AMS version looks like it might be a port from Gilles's terribad AC rip.
So this track might have been GRiD to AC to AMS and back to AC..?

A direct conversion from native GRiD files might be better then. The AMS version looks like it might be a port from Gilles's terribad AC rip.

A direct conversion from native GRiD files might be better then

Yes of course, as long as the height measurements are maintained yes

But it is that the AMS conversion comes (I believe) from a version of the last era of rFactor, which I don't know if it is made from scratch or is a conversion from ... who knows where.

In the trippteam it should be.

You probably may have to hope that someone would even ever consider converting one of The Crew 2 models from Gamemodels to AC, hoping that someone has donated them or has paid for premium membership in order to download any of them.
I get your point, but there are mods using models from games like GTR2 and Race 07. I have even seen someone use a car model from Gran Turismo 2, a PS1 game.

Guys, I discovered something weird about my Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (Kunos). The interior and steering wheel now have this weird chrome/metal look. The rollbar used to be white and the steering wheel black. Any clue what happened? Is this a CSP bug or what? Anyone else noticed this?

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ddm_gts_willow_springs_8-5-121-23-47-47.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ddm_gts_willow_springs_8-5-121-23-47-41.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ddm_gts_willow_springs_8-5-121-23-47-33.jpg

Here i did a quick rough test. FOV goes a long way to getting back some of the correct visual of undulations.
Two extremes:

View attachment 1016216 View attachment 1016217

Unless FOV is set properly (i.e. realistically), you simply can't expect anything to be right with track undulations, distance perception, windscreen angle and everthing else you're looking at.

So, the first thing you need to do is get a tape measure and actually measure the distance from you eyes to the centre point of your monitor, then go to this calculator and you can find out what the setting should be to approximate 'real world geometry'.

https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

You might find videos like this useful too:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back