Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,805 comments
View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.
same thing for me I have this mod from the beginning, no problem before, for a week impossible to drive the car bounced all the time even with a setup
I have the 1.0 version

Howdy,
That vid is RF2, but I'm pretty sure what you're trying to show is referred to as 'shadow splits' in AC (distance it goes from low res to higher res shadows; whereas clip planes is everything within (near) or beyond (far) a certain distance being clipped so that it doesn't need to be rendered).
Increasing track LODs may help (it's the setting above clip planes in CM).

If you also have Smart Shadows active, there are settings in there to extend the distances for interior and exterior car cameras.

In replays, there are also settings on each individual replay camera that determine shadows splits (although if you check the box to 'treat track cameras the same' in Graphic Adjustments, it should also change these numbers in the camera files by that percentage).
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-cameras-a-tutorial.122836/page-2#post-3161946
eg.
[CAMERA_0]
NAME=Departe
POSITION=-1759.2208, 10.6952, 1332.4348
FORWARD=-0.498, 0.2359, 0.8427
UP=-0.484, 0.0, -0.2047
MIN_FOV=5
MAX_FOV=25
IN_POINT=0.0
OUT_POINT=0.0175
SHADOW_SPLIT0=150
SHADOW_SPLIT1=250
SHADOW_SPLIT2=1350

NEAR_PLANE=0.1
FAR_PLANE=2000
MIN_EXPOSURE=0.35
MAX_EXPOSURE=0.55
DOF_FACTOR=1
DOF_RANGE=100
DOF_FOCUS=0
DOF_MANUAL=0
SPLINE=
SPLINE_ROTATION=0
FOV_GAMMA=0.5
SPLINE_ANIMATION_LENGTH=15
IS_FIXED=0
Thanks a lot. Will try this tonight. Track (and car) LODs are at 100% now. Will increase it and also check the replay cams. Although it also is visible when in cockpit view while racing.

PS It is really AC what I recorded

Last edited:
View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.

Higher and softer helps, and (weirdly) maxing the diff preload, but the main thing I did to make this 911 driveable again was to throw KS BMW Z4 GT3 tyres at it (just add all three compounds with CM and they'll be available in setup).
Still not a quick car compared to some other GT3s, but was able to complete laps without replicating every crash from this year's IRL race.

Edit: Don't think it made any difference, but I also had extended physics on.
Edit 2: Another setting that helped was a track temp above 25degC (plus tyre warmers on; warm track then lets the tyres stay warm enough for longer).

Last edited:
Higher and softer helps, and (weirdly) maxing the diff preload, but the main thing I did to make this 911 driveable again was to throw KS BMW Z4 GT3 tyres at it (just add all three compounds with CM and they'll be available in setup).
Still not a quick car compared to some other GT3s, but was able to complete laps without replicating every crash from this year's IRL race.

Edit: Don't think it made any difference, but I also had extended physics on.

I copied most of the tyre, suspension and drivetrain data from the Kunos 911 GT3-R to this one (Instead of just replacing the tyres). It is a lot better but it still bounces a lot and sometimes loses grip in the middle of the corner for no reason. Yes i know i am not a Kevin Estre, so i can't judge the reactions of a car professionally but i can say that this grip and suspension model of this mod isn't very realistic compared to real life (maybe even compared to ACC, which is where it was converted from). Does anyone have any other recommendations about making this car faster and easier to drive? (Will definitely try the setup recommendations of yours by the way.)

( I don't have a link of the original car so can someone can send it to me via pm?)

Last edited:
Well, I hope that Jarama is better than the ones that exist, that track is 12km from my house, and I have several laps there with my e36.

It is rare to run in the simulator a track that you have run in real life, the same thing happened to me with the Nurburgring, the difference is a lot, thanks to the simulator you know if the curve is to the right or left, but that's all, for example in the Nurburgring Even having done hundreds of laps in the simulator, in the real circuit on slopes with a change in grade, I was afraid to accelerate fully, because I don't know how to see the end of the curve.

The same thing happens in jarama, there are entire sections where you can't see anything.

I also hope for a nice version of Jarama because I use the version of GRID but a lot of graphical faults with these lines is really not very nice

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
i'm not sure if it's this one but have a check

If a 911 loses grip mid-corner I usually blame me (for forgetting about lift-off oversteer and getting on and off the power like I do in understeery front-engined RWDs).
If a 911 mod doesn't have any lift-off oversteer at all, I'm usually disappointed.

If a 911 loses grip mid-corner I usually blame me (for forgetting about lift-off oversteer and getting on and off the power like I do in understeery front-engined RWDs).
If a 911 mod doesn't have any lift-off oversteer at all, I'm usually disappointed.

No in this case it's simply a broken mod.
GT3 cars are made ease of use, gentleman drivers with a fast pro that they pay to partner them and in many cases tutor them too.
They don't just spin around on a dry track at 40mph....

Lift off oversteer is a handy tool to get the car rotating, it's not meant to mean you lift off and you end up in the wall backwards..

View attachment 1016232
HELP please!

I have the same problem as you with this car but only on certain tracks like Oulton Park, Nordschleife, .... no problem on Spa, Monza, Paul Ricard ..... when the car bounces all the time it 's is impossible to control it !!!! even with a setup

Last edited:
this is not at all the version of gilles, it is noted in the video that I converted from AMS (Automobilista)

I'll take a look at it then. From the screenshots, it looks exactly like his version, which I tried to fix up myself. Apologies if I am incorrect.

EDIT: Now that a video has been uploaded, rather than screenshots, I can see it is a different version. So apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Last edited:
this is not at all the version of gilles, it is noted in the video that I converted from AMS (Automobilista)
@__EASY__ _
il suffit juste de lire un peu les descriptions des vidéos (j'en ai l'habitude) mais pour certains c'est trop fatiguant comme d'habitude LOL
j'attends avec impatience ta version
you just have to read the descriptions of the videos a bit (I'm used to it) but for some it's too tiring as usual LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
No in this case it's simply a broken mod.
GT3 cars are made ease of use, gentleman drivers with a fast pro that they pay to partner them and in many cases tutor them too.
They don't just spin around on a dry track at 40mph....

Lift off oversteer is a handy tool to get the car rotating, it's not meant to mean you lift off and you end up in the wall backwards..

Agreed, hence tyres somewhat helping it (but not fixing it).
It should be possible to induce that lift-off oversteer, but also possible to hold that slide (a reason I like AMS and AMS2 so much actually, in anything Reiza offered).
The rubber that version 1.0 came with is super-hard, challenging to keep at the right temp, and also doesn't like sliding at all. At least the Z4's rubber (softs anyway) allow the slide to be controlled.

Edit: Remembered I also wrote a piece that included this too (lift-off for rotation). Might be useful for anyone wondering what this technique is.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...he-car-slowed-and-turned-on-various-surfaces/

Last edited:
Right, so again someone posted up examples of this weird shadows thing that i get on the 1.7's CSP's.
One of the answers was basically "no one knows how to fix that" then no further discussion.

I am amazed that people aren't being more vocal about this as to me its game breaking as it looks awful.
So are there people on 1.75 who don't have this issue?
If so surely there would be a way to work out enmasse what setting is causing it?

It is very real and why i simply can't move on from 1.69 preview 1 (which is fine for me shadows wise). Problem is as it goes on 1.69 becomes less usable for other stuff, case in point the new SOL.

20210607234543_1.jpg
20210602160035_1.jpg

There is always a lot of excitement about new bloat in CSP, but no one seems to be vocally trying to get this issue sorted.

Last edited:
I also hope for a nice version of Jarama because I use the version of GRID but a lot of graphical faults with these lines is really not very nice

View attachment 1016236

View attachment 1016237

There is another Jarama in racedep inspired by the classic colors of the track and brands, not recommended, it seems the same base as this one from gridAS.

By the way, I had a conversion from grid1 and that was a good conversion, there exists ... it came in a pack with detroit, milan, and mount akina.

I lost it in a pc format

Last edited:
I copied most of the tyre, suspension and drivetrain data from the Kunos 911 GT3-R to this one (Instead of just replacing the tyres). It is a lot better but it still bounces a lot and sometimes loses grip in the middle of the corner for no reason. Yes i know i am not a Kevin Estre, so i can't judge the reactions of a car professionally but i can say that this grip and suspension model of this mod isn't very realistic compared to real life (maybe even compared to ACC, which is where it was converted from). Does anyone have any other recommendations about making this car faster and easier to drive? (Will definitely try the setup recommendations of yours by the way.)

( I don't have a link of the original car so can someone can send it to me via pm?)

Yup, just use the older version 0.95. Works great for me....

https://mega.nz/folder/v00BwSKB#qbSjPldDNQXxD9YhUK5rXA

https://mega.nz/folder/j5t1UYbb#lF4BSjP_OS4ua_DRpu1krQ

Let me know if it works....

View attachment 1016232
HELP please!

Same here, beautifully done mod but the driving experience is really bad, bouncing all over, lose control mid corner...shame the driving dynamics is completely wonker on the car.

@__EASY__ I take back what I said after watching your video on Jarama. It looks like it might actually be the superior version for AC when it is released.
Would it be possible to have a summer skin with brown grass / dried dirt? That's the Jarama I like to see.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back