• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,787 comments
Honda S800 v2.1
Alberto Daniel Russo / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed tyres.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1302

a3dr_honda_s800.png

for the love of all things racing, someone please build this kart for AC!!!

230HP kart that 1/4 miles at 272km/h.. we NEED this in AC...

Based on how mental Legion's 172hp Hayabusa Kart is already, I'm not sure we do.
The wider track and longer width may help a little, but that's also an extra 50hp to harness and no extra suspension travel (does it even have any suspension travel?) to deal with uneven roads.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2021/05/hayabusa-kart.html

Then create lods and send them to A3DR to add to HIS mod in his next update. Or upload the LODs here as a separate thing instead of adding Easy's name to an excellent mod and using his own sharemods link.

Or, get this.
Learn to create a car yourself instead of taking the easy route (see what I did there) of tweaking someone else's mod
Oh I see, you're not allowed to collaborate improving mods, yet half of the mods posted here are improved versions of others work. I got your number now.

That Hayabusa kart is insane and reminds me of the "Gixxer kart" - look it up on youtube (it's an old video) but you won't be disappointed
There have been a few similar things built. An old hillclimbing friend of mine used to run a bike-powered kart in the NSW championship years ago.
He replaced it with a (still pretty small) bike-powered tube-frame open-wheeler.
I asked him what the kart was like and he discouraged using one, partly because of bumps and partly because there are circuits on that calendar that don't even allow tyres that small (min 10in diam at some venues so as to preclude kart-based creations from competing).

Last edited:
Oh I see, you're not allowed to collaborate improving mods, yet half of the mods posted here are improved versions of others work. I got your number now.

don´t you realize the hypocrisy (once again) about this guy asking everyone not to tweak "his" mods without his permission so that he doesn´t encrypt them, then tweaking away any car he wants, probably without asking for permission?

e.PNG

Honda S800 v2.1
Alberto Daniel Russo / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed tyres.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1302

a3dr_honda_s800.png
While reworks are ok could you rework mods that actually need fixing? Quite a bit of mods on Assettoland need that. A3DR cars are near perfect i don't see why they need fixing at all. I would also prefer if you put more time into your reworks not just adding lods but Fixing the inaccurate performance, updating the cars look with AO and better shaders and physics stuff like Aero and Suspension. And not using a Sharemods link because its kinda vile to earn off of someone else's work....

Last edited:
Without trying to start THAT conversation again, this is a good argument for encryption of mods :(

If I had spent 50+ hours of work creating a mod from scratch, added several updates to improve that mod (and was still actively updating it) and then saw that someone had done 5 minutes work, added their name to the credits (equal billing) and then released it through a sharemods link while simultaneously asking for financial donations for my free mod, damn right I would encrypt the next update!

Last edited:
and we got yours... AKA: Mr Virtue Signal

@MrB00 is right. @__EASY__ should have sent the LODS to the (very active) author. OR at the least, published them also on RD as a stand-alone update for the wider public consumption.

@__EASY__ made the first set of LODS for the Alfa 33TT12, and sent them direct to myself for inclusion update as for a few other things he help me with... big question mark wtf is this kind of thing about?

IMHO... I cant agree on some peoples latest ways of working lately, here and in the community.

Last edited:
don´t you realize the hypocrisy (once again) about this guy asking everyone not to tweak "his" mods without his permission so that he doesn´t encrypt them, then tweaking away any car he wants, probably without asking for permission?

View attachment 1018376
But it's "APPROVED"! 🤪 Not sure by whom. 😵

EDIT: The thing that most grinds my gears about this form of hypocrisy is that it will lead to good modders giving up modding - and even more average modders encrypting their rubbish. It's lose-lose all round.

@__EASY__, please don't be one of "those guys" that gets talked about over coming years for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
I dont like this topic at all, but...

If someone made a skin, AI, etc for my releases, as long as its posted (only the updated files) on at least RD (and here), I would be totally fine with that. Probably anything other than a skin, i would contact them to ask if i can include in a future official update with credits.

this is the way it should be, shouldn't it?

Last edited:
But it's "APPROVED"! 🤪 Not sure by whom. 😵

EDIT: The thing that most grinds my gears about this form of hypocrisy is that it will lead to good modders giving up modding - and even more average modders encrypting their rubbish. It's lose-lose all round.

@__EASY__, please don't be one of "those guys" that gets talked about over coming years for all the wrong reasons.
go on.. say it, you know you want to... its pronounced like this gooo-yeee-llees

Update for this car is getting close too, Fixed a lot more than I first thought I would. Working wipers, a working Motec dashboard, body part animations, correct rims, closed a hole in the bonnet, lighting issues, separated the braking lights from the 'fog' light, shaders, and currently still working on some physic components and adding the updates to the LODs as well to get that to look right. Might get it done sometime next week I'd say
ok I'm waiting for this update before to create a custom championship

I dont like this topic at all, but...

If someone made a skin, AI, etc for my releases, as long as its posted (only the updated files) on at least RD (and here), I would be totally fine with that. Probably anything other than a skin, i would contact them to ask if i can include in a future official update with credits.

this is the way it should be, shouldn't it?

Exactly.

It's one thing to edit people's mods for your own use, or to share the edits with a link to the original mod, but it's a completely different matter to release the original mod, with a small addition, under your own name (and charge money for it). These are Simdream's tactics.

The one time that I didn't do this was when I added the NAGP mesh to Easy's update of Rainmaker's Belle Isle 2017. But even then, I made it clear who was responsible for the work in my post, made it clear that my addition was minimal, I didn't add my name to the credits and I certainly didn't use a sharemods link or ask for financial donations for it!
And the only reason I uploaded that was because someone else had requested a decent version of Belle Isle at the time. This was an edit I had done for myself a year or so beforehand, so I decided to share it.

Last edited:
Exactly.

It's one thing to edit people's mods for your own use, or to share the edits with a link to the original mod, but it's a completely different matter to release the original mod, with a small addition, under your own name (and charge money for it). These are Simdream's tactics.
I would also suggest it's quite a different matter from porting/updating old mods from 'vintage titles' that are now all but defunct (as EASY has been doing for some time). Taking work from active AC modders and doing what you've pointed out is, IMHO, quite distinctly crossing the line into 'bad form'.

Last edited:
Without trying to start THAT conversation again, this is a good argument for encryption of mods 🙁

If I had spent 50+ hours of work creating a mod from scratch, added several updates to improve that mod (and was still actively updating it) and then saw that someone had done 5 minutes work, added their name to the credits (equal billing) and then released it through a sharemods link while simultaneously asking for financial donations for my free mod, damn right I would encrypt the next update!
It is certainly a good example to put forward in the endless debate. Personally this is the exact example they would use and frankly its impossible to argue against it... what makes it worse is he encrypts 'his' tracks!

Of all the cars that need fixing, he picks a scratch made perfectly fine, slow old Honda street car... nothing is right about that.

I would also suggest it's quite a different matter from porting/updating old mods from 'vintage titles' that are now all but defunct (as EASY has been doing for some time). Taking work from active AC modders and doing what you've pointed out is, IMHO, quite distinctly crossing the line into 'bad form'.
I agree completely. I have several of Easy's conversions of these older tracks in my collection and I am grateful for these.
But this is a massive leap in the wrong direction. As I said above, he is heading into Simdream territory here.
Not only is he damaging his own reputation by doing this, but this forum's reputation as a whole by association.

Had he simply uploaded his LODs with a link to the original mod, I would be praising him. But I cannot defend what he is doing here.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back