Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 81,328 comments
United Kingdom
Derby
RicME85
RicME85
Wondering if anyone can help me tidy up my library of cars...?
I have the three Indy Roadsters from Legion - https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/02/indy-1952.html.
They are in Content Manager as Kurtis Roadster, Watson Roadster and 3rd Roadster.
I tried to figure it out myself via Google but couldnt decide what was what. I have no idea about old Indy cars, from what I could tell on Wiki Kurtis and Watson were two of the chassis makers, so what is the '3rd Roadster'?

Kurtis:
zXbeUwu.png

Watson:
TQzq9nv.png

'3rd':
rccWSBo.png

Germany
Nds
Hi all - a question about the latest Guerilla GT4 updates: older skins don`t work on the updated cars and off course new skins don`t work on the outdated cars. But i want use some skins as grid fillers. Is it possible to run the newest AND a older car with the same car name / ID / data, like Cayman GT4 CS v0.80 and v0.72 similar?...

Mexico
Mexico
Hi all - a question about the latest Guerilla GT4 updates: older skins don`t work on the updated cars and off course new skins don`t work on the outdated cars. But i want use some skins as grid fillers. Is it possible to run the newest AND a older car with the same car name / ID / data, like Cayman GT4 CS v0.80 and v0.72 similar?...

It might cause problems if they both use the same soundbank so maybe try renaming the old car and its soundbank files

Australia
Australia
for the love of all things racing, someone please build this kart for AC!!!

230HP kart that 1/4 miles at 272km/h.. we NEED this in AC...

Last edited:
United States
United States
I'm happy that I found a good version of Paul Ricard on here, and I really appreciate it... but Magny-Cours is on ACC, and I think a good version of it deserves to be on Assetto Corsa. Does anyone know if a good version exists? No offense to Rainmaker, but the Rainmaker version just isn't good enough anymore. I am dying to try the 2021 F1 car at Magny-Cours. And I wish Liberty Media would nix Paul Ricard and hold the French GP at Magny-Cours. Or just have both on the calendar. Why not? Anyway, I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Australia
Australia
Go back into Blender!

Before that the way I did it was to isolate that object, then delete and purge it from the original and save and reopen. Cut copy from the isolated object back into the original and save. As usual avoid name collisions at all costs.

Yeap, My way is Blender, and if im the only person working on something thats usually fine because I have the FBX, and its ini, and typically i never touch 3dsimed outside of using it to convert original files, and all my changes are one direction, Blender-kseditor-game.. always in that direction without issues.. but when working in groups of people some will use 3dsimed to make changes to the kn5 directly, that require devolving back to fbx via 3dsimed and thats where the proverbial monkey-doodoo hits the fan ;)

Argentina
Argentina
Wondering if anyone can help me tidy up my library of cars...?
I have the three Indy Roadsters from Legion - https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/02/indy-1952.html.
They are in Content Manager as Kurtis Roadster, Watson Roadster and 3rd Roadster.
I tried to figure it out myself via Google but couldnt decide what was what. I have no idea about old Indy cars, from what I could tell on Wiki Kurtis and Watson were two of the chassis makers, so what is the '3rd Roadster'?

Kurtis:
zXbeUwu.png

Watson:
TQzq9nv.png

'3rd':
rccWSBo.png

I remember doing a little research back in the day, and that car came as a 1957 Kuzma Cars-Offenhauser.

Kuzma was a racing car constructor founded by Eddie Kuzma in the United States. Kuzma cars competed in the FIA World Championship (Indy 500 only) from 1951 to 1960. They won the 1952 Indianapolis 500 with Troy Ruttman.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
@__EASY__ Is this your latest thing now..take a car that doesn't need "fixing" and add the smallest of things and then add your name to it.
Did you contact A3DR for permission as this car is one of the best mods for AC and really didn't need anything doing to it. Not like A3DR isn't active on RD is it?

Maybe stick to fixing RTM and Assettoland cars in future

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Not sure I see the problem? The car needed some LODs and A3DR is still being credited.
Then create lods and send them to A3DR to add to HIS mod in his next update. Or upload the LODs here as a separate thing instead of adding Easy's name to an excellent mod and using his own sharemods link.

Or, get this.
Learn to create a car yourself instead of taking the easy route (see what I did there) of tweaking someone else's mod

Last edited:
Australia
Australia
for the love of all things racing, someone please build this kart for AC!!!

230HP kart that 1/4 miles at 272km/h.. we NEED this in AC...

Based on how mental Legion's 172hp Hayabusa Kart is already, I'm not sure we do.
The wider track and longer width may help a little, but that's also an extra 50hp to harness and no extra suspension travel (does it even have any suspension travel?) to deal with uneven roads.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2021/05/hayabusa-kart.html

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Based on how mental Legion's 172hp Hayabusa Kart is already, I'm not sure we do.
The wider track and longer width may help a little, but that's also an extra 50hp to harness and no extra suspension travel (does it even have any suspension travel?) to deal with uneven roads.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2021/05/hayabusa-kart.html

That Hayabusa kart is insane and reminds me of the "Gixxer kart" - look it up on youtube (it's an old video) but you won't be disappointed

United States
somewhere near Trial Mountain
oldbusanubis
Then create lods and send them to A3DR to add to HIS mod in his next update. Or upload the LODs here as a separate thing instead of adding Easy's name to an excellent mod and using his own sharemods link.

Or, get this.
Learn to create a car yourself instead of taking the easy route (see what I did there) of tweaking someone else's mod
Oh I see, you're not allowed to collaborate improving mods, yet half of the mods posted here are improved versions of others work. I got your number now.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Oh I see, you're not allowed to collaborate improving mods, yet half of the mods posted here are improved versions of others work. I got your number now.

Can i ask what you are going to do with my number? (jokes btw i know it's a saying)

I highly doubt any collaborating with the mod author is going on in this case, A3Dr is active on RD and i'm sure he would love to use EASY's LODs in his mod - but seeing as i very much doubt easy bothered to contact him then a collab isn't happening here is it.

And I have no issue with people collaborating and improving mods that need improving or creating their own using the KUNOS pipeline standard (which doesn't happen in many cases) but i do have a problem when people just take a mod and basically add their names to the credits because they made some lods for it

Last edited:
Australia
Australia
That Hayabusa kart is insane and reminds me of the "Gixxer kart" - look it up on youtube (it's an old video) but you won't be disappointed
There have been a few similar things built. An old hillclimbing friend of mine used to run a bike-powered kart in the NSW championship years ago.
He replaced it with a (still pretty small) bike-powered tube-frame open-wheeler.
I asked him what the kart was like and he discouraged using one, partly because of bumps and partly because there are circuits on that calendar that don't even allow tyres that small (min 10in diam at some venues so as to preclude kart-based creations from competing).

Last edited:
Mexico
Mexico

don´t you realize the hypocrisy (once again) about this guy asking everyone not to tweak "his" mods without his permission so that he doesn´t encrypt them, then tweaking away any car he wants, probably without asking for permission?

e.PNG

Virgin Islands US
Virgin Islands US
Honda S800 v2.1
Alberto Daniel Russo / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed tyres.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1302

a3dr_honda_s800.png
While reworks are ok could you rework mods that actually need fixing? Quite a bit of mods on Assettoland need that. A3DR cars are near perfect i don't see why they need fixing at all. I would also prefer if you put more time into your reworks not just adding lods but Fixing the inaccurate performance, updating the cars look with AO and better shaders and physics stuff like Aero and Suspension. And not using a Sharemods link because its kinda vile to earn off of someone else's work....

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Without trying to start THAT conversation again, this is a good argument for encryption of mods :(

If I had spent 50+ hours of work creating a mod from scratch, added several updates to improve that mod (and was still actively updating it) and then saw that someone had done 5 minutes work, added their name to the credits (equal billing) and then released it through a sharemods link while simultaneously asking for financial donations for my free mod, damn right I would encrypt the next update!

Last edited:
Finland
Helsinki
and we got yours... AKA: Mr Virtue Signal

@MrB00 is right. @__EASY__ should have sent the LODS to the (very active) author. OR at the least, published them also on RD as a stand-alone update for the wider public consumption.

@__EASY__ made the first set of LODS for the Alfa 33TT12, and sent them direct to myself for inclusion update as for a few other things he help me with... big question mark wtf is this kind of thing about?

IMHO... I cant agree on some peoples latest ways of working lately, here and in the community.

Last edited:
Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso
don´t you realize the hypocrisy (once again) about this guy asking everyone not to tweak "his" mods without his permission so that he doesn´t encrypt them, then tweaking away any car he wants, probably without asking for permission?

View attachment 1018376
But it's "APPROVED"! 🤪 Not sure by whom. 😵

EDIT: The thing that most grinds my gears about this form of hypocrisy is that it will lead to good modders giving up modding - and even more average modders encrypting their rubbish. It's lose-lose all round.

@__EASY__, please don't be one of "those guys" that gets talked about over coming years for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Finland
Helsinki
I dont like this topic at all, but...

If someone made a skin, AI, etc for my releases, as long as its posted (only the updated files) on at least RD (and here), I would be totally fine with that. Probably anything other than a skin, i would contact them to ask if i can include in a future official update with credits.

this is the way it should be, shouldn't it?

Last edited:
Australia
Australia
But it's "APPROVED"! 🤪 Not sure by whom. 😵

EDIT: The thing that most grinds my gears about this form of hypocrisy is that it will lead to good modders giving up modding - and even more average modders encrypting their rubbish. It's lose-lose all round.

@__EASY__, please don't be one of "those guys" that gets talked about over coming years for all the wrong reasons.
go on.. say it, you know you want to... its pronounced like this gooo-yeee-llees

France
France
Update for this car is getting close too, Fixed a lot more than I first thought I would. Working wipers, a working Motec dashboard, body part animations, correct rims, closed a hole in the bonnet, lighting issues, separated the braking lights from the 'fog' light, shaders, and currently still working on some physic components and adding the updates to the LODs as well to get that to look right. Might get it done sometime next week I'd say
ok I'm waiting for this update before to create a custom championship