I think it´s easier to copy the shader settings manually in the persistence file than using 3dsimed for whatever it is you´re trying to do
erghhh.. thats not going to happen, faster to just fix in kseditorat and get it done properly. Wish the developer would build this as a plugin for actual cad programs instead of its standalone version, his development cycle would be shorter and we could use real cad to do stuff like this.
the issue is created when a group of people are working on something, and some can only work in 3dsimed, the fixes when they are major break all their manual labour in 3dsim and reset the clock to zero for them, significantly slowing down development of a track.
or worst case someone editted a rotation in 3dsimed
Of course it is not going to happen, it is tedious and time consuming work.
Anyway, that does not happen to you in all the tracks, in others they are separated by objects, and the truth is that there is a lot of recycling, I have been looking for elements and I have realized that there is a lot of repetition and not only of backdrops, in everything.
![]()
ok, so i figured this out.. mostly..
open in 3dsimed >> export fxb (note the size of it) >> import same FBX back into 3dsimed and re-export (note the new much smaller size)>> his new FBX in Blender behaves properly, using the fbx.ini from the FIRST export in the pipeline. (also this seems to fix strange texture display in blender (transparent tracks etc)
Seems like FBX handling is glitchy in itself from 3dsimed if you go direct kn5>>FBX
hi guys
new cars:
RallyCross Renault Megane RS https://sharemods.com/gifszshm9tyr/RallyCross_Renault_Megane.7z.html
RallyCross Renault Clio RS https://sharemods.com/8iymty8mf2nc/RallyCross_Renault_Clio.7z.html
GrA Fiat Uno Turbo Abarth https://sharemods.com/tzii7wzk25v4/GrA_Fiat_Uno_Turbo.7z.html
GrB Opel Ascona B 400 https://sharemods.com/x2wn8llihdjd/GrB_Opel_Ascona_B_400.7z.html
GrB Porsche 911 SC RS https://sharemods.com/pb3l4l9xqhio/GrB_Porsche_911_SC_RS_86.7z.html
KitCar VW Golf IV https://sharemods.com/96rqongc4lvo/KitCar_VW_Golf_IV.7z.html
R4 Dacia Sandero https://sharemods.com/4qkk67honzyj/R4_dacia_sandero.7z.html
R5 Citroen C3 https://sharemods.com/z3y09mcr8pvt/R5_Citroen_C3.7z.html
R5 Ford Fiesta '20 https://sharemods.com/9kxckcfo928t/R5_ford_fiesta_2020.7z.html
R5 Peugeot 208 T16 EVO https://sharemods.com/dpavxw3y9m90/R5_Peugeot_208_T16_EVO.7z.html
S1600 Suzuki Ignis https://sharemods.com/o606v5jg0gk4/S1600_Suzuki_Ignis.7z.html
WRC Abarth 124 GT https://sharemods.com/jztg4yekk95l/WRC_abarth_124_gt.7z.html
website: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb
tnx
3dsimed gurus... I have issues bring objects back to game via Blender as it throws away some fbx.ini settings, -BUT- , 3dsimed cannot "split geometry by loose parts", so for tracks where geometry is grouped as grass inside the track and bits and pieces of the same grass outside the track, and then perhaps even parts of far terrain its impossible to split the meshes (as far as i can tell).
Anybody found a way to do this in 3dsimed? (its not split by texture, they all use the same texture)
example i only want to delete the far right piece of geometry, but its grouped with two other pieces, if i use "explode all" i get a trillion triangle faces, impossible to work with..
View attachment 1018235
hi guys
new cars:
Osella PA 20:https://sharemods.com/tah4yor6xbt7/HillClimb_osella_pa20.7z.html
Osella FA30 Evo RPE V8 3.2L: https://sharemods.com/7uz0x23aabez/HillClimb_osella_fa30_evo_rpe.7z.html
Norma M20 FC260: https://sharemods.com/24d0blsjlilo/HillClimb_norma_m20_fc260.7z.html
BMW M3 GTR E36:https://sharemods.com/wcz3gt480oh3/HillClimb_bmw_m3_e36.7z.html
Audi R8 LMS:https://sharemods.com/m2x890276xpc/HillClimb_audi_r8_lms.7z.html
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA:https://sharemods.com/nqm1ukn3n33t/HillClimb_alfa_romeo_156_gta.7z.html
Skoda Octavia Cup 2018:https://sharemods.com/5zje5ip857jw/HillClimb_octavia_cup_2018.7z.html
vw Scirocco mk1:https://sharemods.com/e0k82ftlyvez/HillClimb_vw_scirocco_mk1.7z.html
Audi TT-R 2001:https://sharemods.com/itso61wiegbg/HillClimb_audi_ttr_2001.7z.html
Alfa Romeo 8C:https://sharemods.com/12ne2s4hmit4/HillClimb_alfa_8c.7z.html
BMW M3 E92:https://sharemods.com/xqybzs85y1fj/HillClimb_bmw_E90.7z.html
BMW M3 E46 GTR:https://sharemods.com/njgwo609y3xx/HillClimb_bmw_m3_e46_gtr.7z.html
BMW Z3 GTR:https://sharemods.com/j6m29vwkx5bd/HillClimb_BMW_Z3_GTR.7z.html
BMW 320 E46:https://sharemods.com/ilekdoczbo71/HillClimb_bmw320_46.7z.html
Ferrari 360 CS Evoluzione:https://sharemods.com/a2966ootyslx/HillClimb_ferrari_360_cs_evoluzione.7z.html
Ferrari 430 Challenge:https://sharemods.com/edroh602nj4m/HillClimb_ferrari_430_challenge.7z.html
Ferrari 430 Scuderia:https://sharemods.com/as4x3mdsq36b/HillClimb_ferrari_430_scuderia.7z.html
website: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb
tnx
hi guys
new cars:
Osella PA 20:https://sharemods.com/tah4yor6xbt7/HillClimb_osella_pa20.7z.html
Osella FA30 Evo RPE V8 3.2L: https://sharemods.com/7uz0x23aabez/HillClimb_osella_fa30_evo_rpe.7z.html
Norma M20 FC260: https://sharemods.com/24d0blsjlilo/HillClimb_norma_m20_fc260.7z.html
BMW M3 GTR E36:https://sharemods.com/wcz3gt480oh3/HillClimb_bmw_m3_e36.7z.html
Audi R8 LMS:https://sharemods.com/m2x890276xpc/HillClimb_audi_r8_lms.7z.html
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA:https://sharemods.com/nqm1ukn3n33t/HillClimb_alfa_romeo_156_gta.7z.html
Skoda Octavia Cup 2018:https://sharemods.com/5zje5ip857jw/HillClimb_octavia_cup_2018.7z.html
vw Scirocco mk1:https://sharemods.com/e0k82ftlyvez/HillClimb_vw_scirocco_mk1.7z.html
Audi TT-R 2001:https://sharemods.com/itso61wiegbg/HillClimb_audi_ttr_2001.7z.html
Alfa Romeo 8C:https://sharemods.com/12ne2s4hmit4/HillClimb_alfa_8c.7z.html
BMW M3 E92:https://sharemods.com/xqybzs85y1fj/HillClimb_bmw_E90.7z.html
BMW M3 E46 GTR:https://sharemods.com/njgwo609y3xx/HillClimb_bmw_m3_e46_gtr.7z.html
BMW Z3 GTR:https://sharemods.com/j6m29vwkx5bd/HillClimb_BMW_Z3_GTR.7z.html
BMW 320 E46:https://sharemods.com/ilekdoczbo71/HillClimb_bmw320_46.7z.html
Ferrari 360 CS Evoluzione:https://sharemods.com/a2966ootyslx/HillClimb_ferrari_360_cs_evoluzione.7z.html
Ferrari 430 Challenge:https://sharemods.com/edroh602nj4m/HillClimb_ferrari_430_challenge.7z.html
Ferrari 430 Scuderia:https://sharemods.com/as4x3mdsq36b/HillClimb_ferrari_430_scuderia.7z.html
website: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb
tnx
ok, so i figured this out.. mostly..
open in 3dsimed >> export fxb (note the size of it) >> import same FBX back into 3dsimed and re-export (note the new much smaller size)>> his new FBX in Blender behaves properly, using the fbx.ini from the FIRST export in the pipeline. (also this seems to fix strange texture display in blender (transparent tracks etc)
Seems like FBX handling is glitchy in itself from 3dsimed if you go direct kn5>>FBX
3dsimed gurus... I have issues bring objects back to game via Blender as it throws away some fbx.ini settings, -BUT- , 3dsimed cannot "split geometry by loose parts", so for tracks where geometry is grouped as grass inside the track and bits and pieces of the same grass outside the track, and then perhaps even parts of far terrain its impossible to split the meshes (as far as i can tell).
Anybody found a way to do this in 3dsimed? (its not split by texture, they all use the same texture)
View attachment 1018235
Yes sometimes it fails, in fact I no longer close 3dsimed until I have exported kn5 with kseditor, because sometimes kseditor cannot open a 3dsimed fbx (for some reason) so I do not close 3dsimed, the solution to not lose work is re-export fbx with 3dsimed until I can open the kseditor, if you close 3dsimed and the exported to fbx was wrong you lose the job
guys, I think I'm going to cry, how beautiful it looks, I did not imagine it could be like this.
I really want to see it finished, but that is still a long way away, there are many things missing, and I don't think I will put so much detail in the rest of the circuit, but this area of the river and the castle had to be like that.
![]()
"Yes, very good, very good."Just an optional skin for the new Paul Ricard track, thanks again to marc and blackcelica, this skin modify only the vegetation.
View attachment 1018218
Anyone have a decent Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa?
This car was one of the first toys I had as a kid. The version on assettoland is completely butchered, my wheel could wake up the neighbours if it was night time.
View attachment 1018163
Alekabul had posted an update to the 250 Testarossa earlier this year and it's night and day better:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/corrections-for-ferrari-250-testarossa.39678/
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
I had already applied it and had the same problem so I was asking anyway. Then you posted this and I started thinking maybe it isn't the car, lo and behold I was testing it in Targa Florio and going to Albert Park the car is fine.
Btw, Alekabul recommends replacing the sound with the Ferrari 330 P4, but just replacing the soundbank doesn't work, I'm a complete newbie, how would I do this?
If you're using Content Manager just hit the button in the bottom of the car content screen that says "Replace Sound", If you're not using Content Manager, download Content Manager otherwise you either need to write or edit the GUIDS.txt file to the 250 Testarossa name instead of the Ferrari 330 P4 name.
Not sure. World detail I think, mine is set on max but it could be a Shader patch setting. I don't really know, never experienced it. Someone will hopefully read and put you on the right track.Thank you for the release.
One other question. What setting in AC makes the road markings become visible from further away. My settings make them come into view right in front of the car. It is very apparent in this release due to the dark pavement.
Nice track EASY thanksACTK Circuit Croix En Ternois 2017 v1.3
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1075
The only method that 3dsimed can split is "by material"
Yes, best results are to run kseditor before 3dsimed. For me:
(source)+3dsimed --> fbx --> ksedit --> 3dsimed
direct fbx export from 3dsimed usally resets ambient/diffuse to 0.5/0.6
direct fbx export with CM results in many transparencies lost, but generally preserves the amb/dif
too many edits with 3dsim without running through ksedit can result in bad performance for no reasons
Does anyone know if/where a version of the 2001(or earlier) Magny-Cours circuit exists for AC? One with the original(or 90s) final corner chicane.
set those trees ksPerpixelAT / alpha_chroma and ksAlphaRef=0.5 or 0.4I'm having trouble with that, is there a way to make the trees not shade? or some way to smooth that out? Because in 3dsimed this panorama looks great, but in the game the trees produce a lot of shade and worse, in the groups of trees it makes the repetition of objects much noticeable
![]()
set those trees ksPerpixelAT / alpha_chroma and ksAlphaRef=0.5 or 0.4
ksEditor has a "secret" function for trees, but it will group them to one object, so this is mostly for trees already in groups with bad normals...
in your editor (3dsim/blender/etc) rename trees like so:
KS_TREE_GROUP_onetypeoftree_00
KS_TREE_GROUP_onetypeoftree_01
etc
KS_TREE_GROUP_anothertreegroup_00, 01, 02, etc
save fbx, load fbx in ksEditor and you will see you now have a combined structure, and when exported your trees will be named:
onetypeoftree
anothertreegroup
and the normals should be aligned.
refer to this thread for more info:
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/setting-up-trees.162/
hint: this method can also work to fix bad normals for other objects, but will group those into one obj (i used that techq to fix a few random track issues in the past)
Thanks man, it seems that needed more fixes than I thought, spider on the way?Ferrari Portofino Hardtop '19 v1.1
Simaothekid / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Add Wipers
Fixed collider.kn5
Fixed tyres.ini
Fixed F6 cameras
Fixed ai.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1300
![]()
If you are interested Jandrovi did a fantastic physics overhaul for Portofino...It will be better to do any kind of visual updates over his update...This ones physics seems like an American car with Ferrari engine swap...Ferrari Portofino Hardtop '19 v1.1
Simaothekid / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Add Wipers
Fixed collider.kn5
Fixed tyres.ini
Fixed F6 cameras
Fixed ai.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1300
![]()