Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,787 comments
  • 52,024,236 views
This is still on RD. Ia this different to the one which ripped off @Blackcelica ?
 
Don't forget to upload this car to sharemods and include your name in the credits when you have made the LODS


Serious question - are the LODs actually any good using this method? Cause I know using the LOD generator that was on RD was a bit hit and miss before
they are usually okay, if the carmod is kinda crap and is missing paint meshes i have to drop LOD-D as it's always completely black.
 
This is still on RD. Ia this different to the one which ripped off @Blackcelica ?
Don't really care, it's an older one for an older version of track. And it's rubbish. If people can't see the difference in some of these uploads then there is no help. If you had the latest track and skin who in their right mind would hang on to that one. Same with all the monaco versions. Trying to get things streamlined, so weeks of work get put together to create something to become the latest benchmark. Who knows 2022 may be better again but 2020 2019 2018 and blah blah need to be said goodbye to.
 
Don't really care, it's an older one for an older version of track. And it's rubbish. If people can't see the difference in some of these uploads then there is no help. If you had the latest track and skin who in their right mind would hang on to that one. Same with all the monaco versions. Trying to get things streamlined, so weeks of work get put together to create something to become the latest benchmark. Who knows 2022 may be better again but 2020 2019 2018 and blah blah need to be said goodbye to.
I couldn’t agree more. I wouldn’t dream of downloading any of his stuff. My point is I can’t understand why RD would host anything by a proven rip-off artist.
 
Tuesdays and Thursdays for the League I'm in, roughly 19:30 to 22:00 hrs

XGN for the website or search the same to find the practice servers.
signed up.. patiently waiting on the confirmation email.. clicking my spam folder refresh like a crack junky..
 
Last edited:
Hello all from 1999 haha,

A little modification of Legion TS020 to have a more or less 1999 version. Nut fully accurate, but it's quite good I think

__custom_showroom_1624305873.jpg


__custom_showroom_1624305914.jpg

__custom_showroom_1624305922.jpg
 
Hmmm, ok. This is interesting. Where do i find those numbers, within the PP filter?
This could explain something i have ran into recently.
I will take some screenshots of the app that shows light levels once I am off work.
 
Missing the speed text (127 in pic) within the cluster of Adriaan Suy GT3 2022 mod. Maybe I miss a font - can anybody help?

Font which is missing is "RS62" .. anyone can share it?

203729023_4223207941103842_4566767633051222422_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Missing the speed text (127 in pic) within the cluster of Adriaan Suy GT3 2022 mod. Maybe I miss a font - can anybody help?

Font which is missing is "RS62" .. anyone can share it?

203729023_4223207941103842_4566767633051222422_n.jpg
Did he fix the steering lock?
 
Hmmm, ok. This is interesting. Where do i find those numbers, within the PP filter?
This could explain something i have ran into recently.
so I believe the app here is was found on the CSP discord. Leblum, I believe, posted it. It is under the tools section. You will have to scroll up some to find it. In the picture "capture" the shader patch debug is the app you want to select. The second picture "capture2" shows a picture of the app. you want to keep an eye on ambient darkness. in this it is showing 0.459. The smaller the number, the brighter the light. the filter I use goes up to 2.0 for total darkness.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Mike reviewed some interesting pack.


This came at a perfect time! My friends and I were trying to set up a server with trucks or bus. I just can't find the download link for the ETRC trucks. EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how but I really don't want to install the Simsync thing

Also, I'm really sorry for asking this but... Are there any "good" bus mods for AC other than the ones on Assettoland?
 
Last edited:
I feel like I don't show enough appreciation for some of the cars released through this forum.
With that in mind, I want to give a shout out (and say 'thank you') to @GzeroD for his Formula Vee. I have been driving this 'bathtub on wheels' every day since it was released and it is great fun. Well polished, handles well and it has plenty of skins.

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Available through his website below.

 
Last edited:
I feel like I don't show enough appreciation for some of the cars released through this forum.
With that in mind, I want to give a shout out (and say 'thank you') to @GzeroD for his Formula Vee. I have been driving this 'bathtub on wheels' every day since it was released and it is great fun. Well polished, handles well and it has plenty of skins.

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Available through his website below.

I love his website, didn't know he was around here.
 
That tries to overwrite a track I've already got marked 'FINAL' with one with no revision number at all.
Man, I wish modders would use revision numbers properly... it gets very messy.
Using the actual date of the update in numerical form (like Legion does) is absolutely the best method. It's foolproof.
 
Last edited:
Hello all,

I need your help on two things.

First one is that I can't hear any helicopter audio at rt_daytona. All files are the correct place. The ext_config has the following code (only giving one part of it - the rest are the same):

Code:
[SOUNDBANK_0]
BANK=sfx/daytona.bank
GUIDS=sfx/GUIDs.txt

[EVENT_0]
ID=racetrack/Planeprop
REVERB_RESPONSE=0
VOLUME=4.0
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT=1
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT=1.0
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT=1.0
RELATIVE_TO=Plane_x
POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
DIRECTION=1, 1, 1

[EVENT_1]
ID=racetrack/Helicopter
REVERB_RESPONSE=0
VOLUME=4.0
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT=1
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT=1.0
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT=1.0
RELATIVE_TO=heli_hughes_00
POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
DIRECTION=1, 1, 1

Is it supposed to be heard only on replays? The way I can understand the above is that if I set a certain position by adding certain coordinates at POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0 when standing still at this certain position I should be able to hear the lets say heli_hughes_00 propeller sound.

In any case I have no heli propeller sound even if I stand next/above/below to the heli with the free cam.

Second one

I am trying to make a track display to project what the track cameras are recording or to show a certain spot of the track. I am using this tutorial


Question is:

Do I have to prepare my own camera and link it to the track display or I can link any of the available cameras at cameras.ini?

The following code should refer to an existing cam or is it just a certain spot just clicked via objects inspector - lets say at the top of a grandstand and defined here as a camera?

CAMERA_0 = 176.03, 211.67, -189.67 ; camera position
CAMERA_0_TARGET = 171.65, 209.59, -185.13 ; point at which camera is looking

Thanks for your help
I didn't know we could add sounds to the certain parts of the track. So is it possible to add sounds in the pits like in ACC?
Grabing some interviews and event audios from races in youtube and add to the track? I always thought that those event narrators were missing in AC for imersion. Interesting...
 
Thanks for the share! It's a fun little pack. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I wish modders wouldn't use .exe installers for mods like this though...
I think it is because of some esports stuff. They don't want people manually messing or publishing their content. Those trucks are official ETRC stuff as far as i know (couldn't bother to look up the details don't judge me pls 😁). They will use it for some races probably. It is like Ferrari 488 Challenge cars. They gave some Steam codes for unlocking them.
 
Last edited:
I didn't know we could add sounds to the certain parts of the track. So is it possible to add sounds in the pits like in ACC?
Grabing some interviews and event audios from races in youtube and add to the track? I always thought that those event narrators were missing in AC for imersion. Interesting...
This is possible using CSP.
Vancouver has pit crowd noise, an air wrench as you go through pits and truck and city noises but they are heavily drowned out a speed and localized to an area on the track... and too loud in f7 lol

Technically there is the real skytrain sound from vancouver attached to the animated trains but you cant really hear it unless you hover over them in f7
 
Last edited:
I guess since the cat is out of the bag I might as well post the link...

Credit to ZeroG for the original Rfactor Track.
I lived in Vancouver for some years and attended this race and wanted to learn track modding so I converted this, fixed the pit lane wrong way marker and tried to add in every piece of CSP I could to learn the basics. Before I started this I had never touched Blender and it took about 3 months with a lot of help from the gang over assettocorsamods.net.

And yes... I am hoping to the do the pre 98 layout as I have the LIDAR data from 2018 for that layout as well as the other two layouts from 98 and then the post 98 one with the added chicane before the main straight.
I will need help with that but a few of the guys working on Trois Rivieres may help when they are done that track

Vancouver 1998 Layout v0.4a ( i may have forgotten to change the version number in the menu lol)

-animated skytrains
-animated 737s on a flight path to YVR (Vancouver intl airport)
-Animated vehicles on the upper roads
-updated assets in pits and trackside
-new road texture
-dynamic groove
-street lights function as track lights so the street lights go yellow with race flags
-Working jumbotrons (cameras need some work)
-some optimisations around textures and materials
-Track sounds
-Cams by @CrisT86
-new trees and bushes, grass fx
-updated vehicles trackside
-track lights and ambient night lighting


and other stuff... was a labor of Love and all credit goes to Zero G for the original track from 2010...

*Currently requires CSP but I'll try to fix that...


YQ5RB6C.jpg


QP2OyQj.jpg


pZhZfFO.jpg


mNluPvL.jpg


tKcIsdz.jpg


V6pECl3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back