Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
I found out the hard way that filters really affect lighting. I was trying to get track lighting to turn on and off based off of the ambient light. When others were trying to help, their ambient light numbers were very different from what I was seeing. I later found out A3PP max darkness value is 2.0 where SOL is 1.0. Was very confusing until I figured that out.
Hmmm, ok. This is interesting. Where do i find those numbers, within the PP filter?
This could explain something i have ran into recently.

May 20, 2021

Canada 2021 - WIP

Cams are in progress (editing-phase), along with other SFX treats...
Thank you @marc_13000 for bringing this track into AC.
Unfortunately, it did not make the F1 schedule this year... Which only means we have a year to practice...

View attachment 1013231

The new pit-building included with Marc's update looks the part, and has a modernised standard appeal - well done.

1624302228275.png

Track Update RD-LINK

Mod Features:
  • new AI lanes (pit & fast)
  • replay cams
  • track & ambient lighting
  • rain FX
  • VAO patch-file
  • background screen images

Edit: latest track release by @marc_13000

posted on 12June2022...
___https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13753238

posted on 20May2021...
___https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13414101

Last edited:
This is still on RD. Ia this different to the one which ripped off @Blackcelica ?

Don't forget to upload this car to sharemods and include your name in the credits when you have made the LODS

Serious question - are the LODs actually any good using this method? Cause I know using the LOD generator that was on RD was a bit hit and miss before
they are usually okay, if the carmod is kinda crap and is missing paint meshes i have to drop LOD-D as it's always completely black.

This is still on RD. Ia this different to the one which ripped off @Blackcelica ?
Don't really care, it's an older one for an older version of track. And it's rubbish. If people can't see the difference in some of these uploads then there is no help. If you had the latest track and skin who in their right mind would hang on to that one. Same with all the monaco versions. Trying to get things streamlined, so weeks of work get put together to create something to become the latest benchmark. Who knows 2022 may be better again but 2020 2019 2018 and blah blah need to be said goodbye to.

Don't really care, it's an older one for an older version of track. And it's rubbish. If people can't see the difference in some of these uploads then there is no help. If you had the latest track and skin who in their right mind would hang on to that one. Same with all the monaco versions. Trying to get things streamlined, so weeks of work get put together to create something to become the latest benchmark. Who knows 2022 may be better again but 2020 2019 2018 and blah blah need to be said goodbye to.
I couldn’t agree more. I wouldn’t dream of downloading any of his stuff. My point is I can’t understand why RD would host anything by a proven rip-off artist.

Missing the speed text (127 in pic) within the cluster of Adriaan Suy GT3 2022 mod. Maybe I miss a font - can anybody help?

Font which is missing is "RS62" .. anyone can share it?

203729023_4223207941103842_4566767633051222422_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, ok. This is interesting. Where do i find those numbers, within the PP filter?
This could explain something i have ran into recently.
so I believe the app here is was found on the CSP discord. Leblum, I believe, posted it. It is under the tools section. You will have to scroll up some to find it. In the picture "capture" the shader patch debug is the app you want to select. The second picture "capture2" shows a picture of the app. you want to keep an eye on ambient darkness. in this it is showing 0.459. The smaller the number, the brighter the light. the filter I use goes up to 2.0 for total darkness.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Mike reviewed some interesting pack.

This came at a perfect time! My friends and I were trying to set up a server with trucks or bus. I just can't find the download link for the ETRC trucks. EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how but I really don't want to install the Simsync thing

Also, I'm really sorry for asking this but... Are there any "good" bus mods for AC other than the ones on Assettoland?

Last edited:
I feel like I don't show enough appreciation for some of the cars released through this forum.
With that in mind, I want to give a shout out (and say 'thank you') to @GzeroD for his Formula Vee. I have been driving this 'bathtub on wheels' every day since it was released and it is great fun. Well polished, handles well and it has plenty of skins.

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Available through his website below.

Last edited:
I feel like I don't show enough appreciation for some of the cars released through this forum.
With that in mind, I want to give a shout out (and say 'thank you') to @GzeroD for his Formula Vee. I have been driving this 'bathtub on wheels' every day since it was released and it is great fun. Well polished, handles well and it has plenty of skins.

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Available through his website below.

I love his website, didn't know he was around here.

That tries to overwrite a track I've already got marked 'FINAL' with one with no revision number at all.
Man, I wish modders would use revision numbers properly... it gets very messy.
Using the actual date of the update in numerical form (like Legion does) is absolutely the best method. It's foolproof.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I need your help on two things.

First one is that I can't hear any helicopter audio at rt_daytona. All files are the correct place. The ext_config has the following code (only giving one part of it - the rest are the same):

Code:
[SOUNDBANK_0]
BANK=sfx/daytona.bank
GUIDS=sfx/GUIDs.txt

[EVENT_0]
ID=racetrack/Planeprop
REVERB_RESPONSE=0
VOLUME=4.0
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT=1
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT=1.0
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT=1.0
RELATIVE_TO=Plane_x
POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
DIRECTION=1, 1, 1

[EVENT_1]
ID=racetrack/Helicopter
REVERB_RESPONSE=0
VOLUME=4.0
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT=1
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT=1.0
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT=1.0
RELATIVE_TO=heli_hughes_00
POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
DIRECTION=1, 1, 1

Is it supposed to be heard only on replays? The way I can understand the above is that if I set a certain position by adding certain coordinates at POSITION=0.0, 0.0, 0.0 when standing still at this certain position I should be able to hear the lets say heli_hughes_00 propeller sound.

In any case I have no heli propeller sound even if I stand next/above/below to the heli with the free cam.

Second one

I am trying to make a track display to project what the track cameras are recording or to show a certain spot of the track. I am using this tutorial

Question is:

Do I have to prepare my own camera and link it to the track display or I can link any of the available cameras at cameras.ini?

The following code should refer to an existing cam or is it just a certain spot just clicked via objects inspector - lets say at the top of a grandstand and defined here as a camera?

CAMERA_0 = 176.03, 211.67, -189.67 ; camera position
CAMERA_0_TARGET = 171.65, 209.59, -185.13 ; point at which camera is looking

Thanks for your help
I didn't know we could add sounds to the certain parts of the track. So is it possible to add sounds in the pits like in ACC?
Grabing some interviews and event audios from races in youtube and add to the track? I always thought that those event narrators were missing in AC for imersion. Interesting...

Thanks for the share! It's a fun little pack. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I wish modders wouldn't use .exe installers for mods like this though...
I think it is because of some esports stuff. They don't want people manually messing or publishing their content. Those trucks are official ETRC stuff as far as i know (couldn't bother to look up the details don't judge me pls 😁). They will use it for some races probably. It is like Ferrari 488 Challenge cars. They gave some Steam codes for unlocking them.

Last edited:
I didn't know we could add sounds to the certain parts of the track. So is it possible to add sounds in the pits like in ACC?
Grabing some interviews and event audios from races in youtube and add to the track? I always thought that those event narrators were missing in AC for imersion. Interesting...
This is possible using CSP.
Vancouver has pit crowd noise, an air wrench as you go through pits and truck and city noises but they are heavily drowned out a speed and localized to an area on the track... and too loud in f7 lol

Technically there is the real skytrain sound from vancouver attached to the animated trains but you cant really hear it unless you hover over them in f7

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back