Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Thank you very much. I could not find any information about that track. What kind of race cars did race there? Modern race cars have a lot of problems because the road is full of bumps. Was it like that in real life too?

only 4 races were run! it was actually an air base! and there were many potholes! just in 2005 they repaved!

Last edited:
Or just increase fuel consumption through CM before starting the race?
Hi! Excuse me, but how to do it in CM?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

1628605534525.png

Last edited:
Hi :)
One question regarding the McLaren M23 rear wing showing up in the rear view. How can I remove it? I went trough all the files but couldn't find anything causing this ugliness :'(

Hi everyone.

As I'm a noob in the wonderful world of modding I've been these days trying to learn as much as I could about converting cars from a game to AC. For personal use and (of course) learning I've been trying to convert a car from rfactor 1 to assetto corsa, but I don't know the steps.

Can someone please tell me the steps to convert a car? The only one I know is the first one. ASK PERMISSION TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THE MOD (if you make it public of course)

Hi :)
One question regarding the McLaren M23 rear wing showing up in the rear view. How can I remove it? I went trough all the files but couldn't find anything causing this ugliness :'(
In the rear view mirrors ?
mclaren_wing.png

I don't see the "ugliness", but if you don't like it, set the mirrors to monitor and you won't see any car parts in the mirror.

No, not in the mirrors. This artifical turn your head about 180 degrees rear view, inwoked by a controller button.
Ah, OK, that's something else. I barely ever use that look back button, but when I tried, none of the cams showed that rear view.

Last edited:
1998 Ferrari 333 SP Le Mans skinpack finished

View attachment 1073425
I renew my congratulations to you @DavidDGA on your work, but as I already pointed out to you yesterday, there is a spelling error on your skin of n° 5 GIESSE :

CHAUX & DOLOMIE
FRANCAISES (you wrote FRANCAISSES)

Hi everyone.

As I'm a noob in the wonderful world of modding I've been these days trying to learn as much as I could about converting cars from a game to AC. For personal use and (of course) learning I've been trying to convert a car from rfactor 1 to assetto corsa, but I don't know the steps.

Can someone please tell me the steps to convert a car? The only one I know is the first one. ASK PERMISSION TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THE MOD (if you make it public of course)
Some things to "study."

VERY IMPORTANT: Read and follow the AC_Pipeline_PUB_Rev2.0.pdf located at assettocorsa>sdk>dev>car_pipeline_2.0rev (where AC is installed on your PC).

Good site with a lot of info about creating car and track mods.
https://assettocorsamods.net/.../your-first-car-in.../

Arriumus 3D--Excellent tutorials for 3DsMax and Blender
https://www.youtube.com/.../UCSLLdTBwLMfTKWS56t.../playlists

Last edited:
Testing all cars in the rain now and discovered that the RSS 'Tornado (Lister Storm) isn't completely waterproof. It rains/leaks inside the cockpit. I checked and the roof is still there... 🤔 😄
Is there a quick fix I can do ?

View attachment 1073254
Please verify that ext_config.ini has this as first line:

[BASIC]
OPEN_WHEELER = 0

Try and report if it works. Just to understand if it depends from something else.

Deleted around 200 tracks so far today.
Anything obviously RTB with no effort to hide it.
Anything overexposed from rF.
Almost all P2P.
Almost all touge/hill climb.
Almost all from Gilles.
Anything half-assed or half finished.
Anything with halo trees.
Anything with floating geometry, z-fighting, or badly-scaled assets.
Anything with no road feel.

edit: and almost all walled-in/e-prix tracks.
And almost all ovals.
And anything with static 'flying' objects hit with a freeze ray.

edit: and, of course.... anything by Sim Traxx.

Feels good man.

Last edited:
Almost all P2P.
Almost all from Gilles.

Feels good man.
Now I am very interested in what tracks you have left. :)
Because it is so exciting: downloading a bunch of cars and tracks, then test them and delete them. AC modding "as is"...

Last edited:
Almost all P2P.
Almost all from Gilles.

Feels good man.
I've been purging as well,

adding to your list

Any purposefully never to be finished Patreon tracks. (saved me quite a few GB and $$ right there alone)

Last edited:
Please verify that ext_config.ini has this as first line:

[BASIC]
OPEN_WHEELER = 0

Try and report if it works. Just to understand if it depends from something else.
I added that line, but it didn't help, car is still wet inside...
Thanks for thinking along though, would have been a simple solution.
Strangely enough, none of the other RSS cars show this issue.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back