Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Deleted around 200 tracks so far today.
Anything obviously RTB with no effort to hide it.
Anything overexposed from rF.
Almost all P2P.
Almost all touge/hill climb.
Almost all from Gilles.
Anything half-assed or half finished.
Anything with halo trees.
Anything with floating geometry, z-fighting, or badly-scaled assets.
Anything with no road feel.

edit: and almost all walled-in/e-prix tracks.

Feels good man.
I rate any new or "discovered" car or track that I like--give it stars, or make it a favorite in CM. If it's a bad mod, I tag it with a note and place -\- next to it's title if I want to keep it for some reason, and definitely delete the real stinkers immediately.

Deleted around 200 tracks so far today.
Anything obviously RTB with no effort to hide it.
Anything overexposed from rF.
Almost all P2P.
Almost all touge/hill climb.
Almost all from Gilles.
Anything half-assed or half finished.
Anything with halo trees.
Anything with floating geometry, z-fighting, or badly-scaled assets.
Anything with no road feel.

edit: and almost all walled-in/e-prix tracks.
And almost all ovals.

Feels good man.
I feel the need to do that on a regular base (using mostly the same criteria), but I'm still having 389 tracks installed (and 659 in my backup).
I still have some Gilles tracks that are so heavily reworked by @slider666 that they are really worth keeping... ☺️
For cars the count is 300 (struggling to stay under that number) and 788 in backup.

I still have some Gilles tracks that are so heavily reworked by @slider666 that they are really worth keeping... ☺️
Yeah, they're the ones I've kept. The rest are largely utter garbage.

I was keeping a lot of shoddy tracks simply because they were the only versions of wanted tracks, but it's a flawed logic. Garbage is garbage whether it's unique or not. Bin it.

Does the AC engine know the difference between when a car is paddle SEQ or stick SEQ? or able to filter the cars accordingly?
my driver/arms/wheel are off, and its painful to have to turn them on to to visually look at shifting to have to exit and restart. Feels like this should be in the information panel of a car.

In my car list most are not even tagged whether they are manual or seq, happily AC does know that and shifting simply does not work from the wrong gear selection. Kill immersion to be enjoying a car, and find out you been driving it all wrong ;)

Last edited:
I rate any new or "discovered" car or track that I like--give it stars, or make it a favorite in CM. If it's a bad mod, I tag it with a note and place -\- next to it's title if I want to keep it for some reason, and definitely delete the real stinkers immediately.
Yeah, I rate all new tracks 1-5 stars after the first drive which made deleting a lot of them pretty easy, but there are a lot of ~3* tracks that needed loading to check.
CM's memory leak makes housekeeping like this (and with deleting cars especially) a nightmare. The UI slows to a crawl after about a dozen tracks are loaded up and restating CM doesn't seem to do a clean wipe. Only restarting the PC cleans the memory completely.
I've mentioned this to Ilja several times over the past few years but I'm not even sure whether it's under invesigation.

Does the AC engine know the difference between when a car is paddle SEQ or stick SEQ? or able to filter the cars accordingly?
my driver/arms/wheel are off, and its painful to have to turn them on to to visually look at shifting to have to exit and restart. Feels like this should be in the information panel of a car.

In my car list most are not even tagged whether they are manual or seq, happily AC does know that and shifting simply does not work from the wrong gear selection. Kill immersion to be enjoying a car, and find out you been driving it all wrong ;)
I think paddles and stick sequential are treated exactly the same.

Testing all cars in the rain now and discovered that the RSS 'Tornado (Lister Storm) isn't completely waterproof. It rains/leaks inside the cockpit. I checked and the roof is still there... 🤔 😄
Is there a quick fix I can do ?

View attachment 1073254
Everything is ok here.

Tornado.png

Look

acs 2021-08-10 23-19-59.png

acs 2021-08-10 23-27-07.png

CSP v1.76 prev1

Due to popular demand (3 people) here is Pikes Peak in gravel and tarmac versions.

I ran into some issues trying to create low poly LOD's for this track, not sure if I should be using sperate KN5's and an LOD.ini file or just using a CSP config. If anyone has any input or links to how-to's for tracks it would be appreciated.

Track seems to run OK but I don't have a potato and wasn't using triples or VR at the time.

I also experimented with rock textures in a GrassFX config but it just looked strange and so it was removed, I might look into it again at a later date if GrassFX .ini itself can be modified without breaking it for other tracks.

What chase cam setting did you use?

I added that line, but it didn't help, car is still wet inside...
Thanks for thinking along though, would have been a simple solution.
Strangely enough, none of the other RSS cars show this issue.
I have the same issue, and have tried adding that line, but nothing happens, just water inside. Another text line? maybe like: DISABLEWHEATER=COCKPIT_HD (:D just an example). I have CSP 1.76 Preview 1.

Last edited:
Same car, same CSP. The only difference I see is that I changed to the real name and that I have all real skins installed.
I also have an alternative sfx installed.

lister.png

lister_int.png

lister_int2.png

lister_int3.png

I have the same issue, and have tried adding that line, but nothing happens, just water inside. Another text line? maybe like: DISABLEWHEATER=COCKPIT_HD (:D just an example). I have CSP 1.76 Preview 1.
I feel for you, but I'm glad I'm not alone with the issue ☺️
I am good on csp 1.76 prev1 as well. I wonder if he has the latest version of the car?
CSP 1.76 prev1

Version:
//RSS GT Tornado V12 - V3 to V4 Changelog - 24 December 2020//
- Visuals
- (CSP) Car headlights fixed
- Car name and short-name updated in race UI
- (CSP) Wiper animations fixed
- Reverse gear texture changed to 'r'
- Steering wheel updated, more authentic shape
- All around improvements to flames, cameras, graphical exposure values
- (CSP) Added interior lighting, real mirrors, emissive brake lights
- Driver preload gearshift update
- Brake disc glow correction
- Windscreen wiper vibrations on movement revised
- (CSP) Interior dashboard and wheel improved textures added to the configuration

Last edited:
I have changed the name to the real one but not by a mod. I use only real skins as well. I did not use any sound mods. If you used some mod to change the name, check to see what else it changed.

CM's memory leak makes housekeeping like this (and with deleting cars especially) a nightmare. The UI slows to a crawl after about a dozen tracks are loaded up and restating CM doesn't seem to do a clean wipe. Only restarting the PC cleans the memory completely.
I've mentioned this to Ilja several times over the past few years but I'm not even sure whether it's under invesigation.
I have never had a memory leak issue with CM, I have it running 24/7

have you tried this?
1628653297776.png

Last edited:
hello all, is there some sort of addon to the McLaren 720S GT3 by whistleblower39 which adds either a rear view mirror or some sort of internal camera?
Thanks?

Same car, same CSP. The only difference I see is that I changed to the real name and that I have all real skins installed.
I also have an alternative sfx installed.

View attachment 1073555

View attachment 1073557

View attachment 1073558

View attachment 1073559

I feel for you, but I'm glad I'm not alone with the issue ☺️

CSP 1.76 prev1

Version:
//RSS GT Tornado V12 - V3 to V4 Changelog - 24 December 2020//
- Visuals
- (CSP) Car headlights fixed
- Car name and short-name updated in race UI
- (CSP) Wiper animations fixed
- Reverse gear texture changed to 'r'
- Steering wheel updated, more authentic shape
- All around improvements to flames, cameras, graphical exposure values
- (CSP) Added interior lighting, real mirrors, emissive brake lights
- Driver preload gearshift update
- Brake disc glow correction
- Windscreen wiper vibrations on movement revised
- (CSP) Interior dashboard and wheel improved textures added to the configuration

Just to do a fast test. Backup your actual mod folder, install latest stock mod and verify. Those objects are receiving raindrops and it can happens when ks shaders/materials have been changed by CSP or by .fbx .ini (Kseditor).

94a3efc76f47c26dab90a13f6bbed830o.png

This is the point of view that is going to be a lookout, and it is halfway up the mountain, believe me, this point is already very, very high.

6407bb71b7fbd79711b122cd880e8b8do.png

BUT, it is half the way haha, this will really be the highest point, from there you can see the whole map, the descent of that mountain is going to be the most difficult thing that can be done, a mistake -> let's go to the pit.

The descent will be winding through the walls of the mountain (that will be the curves)

There was a version of a Le Mans Karting track on RD a little while ago - it's now gone. Has anyone got a copy to share - would be gratefully accepted.

Just to do a fast test. Backup your actual mod folder, install latest stock mod and verify. Those objects are receiving raindrops and it can happens when ks shaders/materials have been changed by CSP or by .fbx .ini (Kseditor).
@chas1723
I reinstalled the vanilla car same, latest version) and went testing in the rain: dry inside.
I then replaced the 'fake' RSS skins with 'real' skins: still dry inside.
Changed the name to real (as I did before, just renamed, not using a mod): still dry inside.
No other changes made.
So, I'm not really sure what went wrong here, but in the end all is OK again.

dry_lister.png

@chas1723
I reinstalled the vanilla car same, latest version) and went testing in the rain: dry inside.
I then replaced the 'fake' RSS skins with 'real' skins: still dry inside.
Changed the name to real (as I did before, just renamed, not using a mod): still dry inside.
No other changes made.
So, I'm not really sure what went wrong here, but in the end all is OK again.

View attachment 1073716

Perfect!
I have the impression, but clearly take everything with pliers, that every time you change CSP you also need to clear the shaders cache. I imagine that when you switch from one CSP to another CM keeps something in the temps to speed up the loading. Nothing easier than that you used the Lister with an old CSP (so there are some old temps of some shaders left somewhere) and now the new CSP has created some new ones and some were old. That's why by removing the mod folder and reinstalling it you forced the new CSP to create all new ones and this way they are 100% compatible with the new version.

Great that you were able to solve it. We learned something new.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back