Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Is this the RTM model?
From this link:
Good point that you've brought this up. I've made some tweaks, and hopefully should lap within Bugatti's theoretical lap times (100% AI and Optimum track surface on LM FM7 do 3.10s, while I do believe humans can do better than that in the same conditions). Moreover, I'm using the production version's output and weight, ui information, as well as factoring in the power losses from an AWD system than the standard 15%. Also, I'm done with this. Thank you all.

.../...

Have tried both ways and the shorter stick does not allow me to steer with both hands on the wheel as much (with constant gear-changes, that is).
Shorter stick you say ?
sss.png

sss2.png

Like this, well within reach. Sometimes I even forget to use the paddles... 🙂

Hello, excuse my English, I am using google translator.

I would like to know if the behavior of the tires of the Crash Porsche GT3 is normal. As you can see in the video, when I brake, the temperature of the tires drops very quickly. It does this all the time and it takes me between 4 or 5 laps to get them to good temperature. During this time, it is as if I were driving on ice and when they are already "green", if I stop the temperature drops at the same speed.

Thanks so much for any help.

Yes agree, I'm pretty sure it's the first time for me too that I see this box in sharemods!
Is it possible ShareMods changed their 'policy' very recently ?
I tried to download a ShareMods file from another source and I got the same 'wrong captcha' error... 🤔

Thanks. There are a bunch after that, but after an issue with another program got me thinking of permissions. So I checked to see the CM executable was set to run as an administrator. That seemed to solve the issue and was able to successfully run a complete compression. Not sure if was set to run with Admin privileges before or not. Could be a there is a folder or folders with different security settings.

Was glad getting AC with all mods up and running fairly easily. That was always my scariest part about doing an upgrade. Everything else is easy, but getting AC with all mods up and running again from scratch could be long process lol.

Thanks so much for your reply, really appreciate it!
Good thinking, Batman 👍 Great you got sorted.

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but just in case you haven't received update through CM, sx_lemans got a small update to version 2.1 several days ago:

sx_lemans v2.1 - september 2021 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/a8cmmi8wgmp3fwj/sx_lemans_v2.1.7z/

-yellow row of kerbs on Tertre Rouge lowered to healthy amounts, thx Gunnar again!
-some changes to Tertre Rouge poplar trees
-added some missing screws to kerbs on Kart S-Bend
-some texture and shader adjustments for barriers and road markings

comparison pic of kerb alteration:
Aaah, this is great! I always thought those yellow kerbs were too harsh - and it was always such a fine line between maxing the corner and not hitting them - and hitting them and almost double-shift from the jolt and how they launched the car up!

Thank you, Kevin!

Yeah Fana that's it! A longer or a raised stick ought to do the trick (no pun intended)... Currently looking into incorporating a longer stick to compliment a DC sequential shifter IRL car...

Note: original post updated to clarify "shorter stick" - floor-height...

Last edited:
From the dude that created Euphoria and Damapur, he has a pay track mod. I have not tried it.

Amalfi Cape for 2.00 EUR

Unless you are really into drifting I would advise staying away from this. Especially if you like good graphics.
A real hatchet job. The textures look like they were thrown onto the landscape at a random angle. Think Jackson Pollock.

Last edited:
Aaah, this is great! I always thought those yellow kerbs were too harsh - and it was always such a fine line between maxing the corner and not hitting them - and hitting them and almost double-shift from the jolt and how they launched the car up!

Thank you, Kevin!
Don't thank me, I'm just a messenger!

VRC's mods are much, much higher quality than ASR
I'm not sure I agree. That ASR is pretty nice and I will say when doing track ai, VRC mods are always causing me headaches with their car's crappy ai. Having said that, the latest version of the McLenna and Ferrenzo are a little better. For paid mods it should be better and on par with RSS. If you are trying to have some decent single player races I do not suggest mixing the ASR and VRC together.

On another note, I have no idea why anyone is even asking which is better in the first place anyway, since they are both free. :irked:

Does somebody still have the #12 and #13 2016 Le Mans skins of the Rebellion Team for URD's PX1 Revolution that could be found on RD?
link was this: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...on-racing-no-12-and-13-24h-lemans-2016.10691/
but is gone now. I think I deleted them some time ago for thinking they did not belong on that car and/or I had better skins on another car mod, and now I realized that they actually belonged to that car and I do not have them on another mod...

Last edited:
Is there a Peugeot 206 WRC available at all?
Yes. You can google "Assetto corsa Peugeot 206 WRC" and the download will appear (2nd result).
The reason literally no one is asking for cars around here is that google «exists». We always go there first. Best of all, whatever result pops up in usually the latest.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

1632877925437.png

Always afeter generatig the AI Lines the edges becomes like this in some spots.

My guess is that this is related to the road mesh (?) but I'm not so sure because the shape of this edge becomes different in a different layout which uses this same straight road like here:

1632878284477.png

Hey ya'll,

Been messing around in the grass lately and I feel like the buildup of grass is off. I have CSP and TyreFX on, but I have a feeling I changed a texture for the build up (I've seen Ilja's video on TyreFX and my build up is very different.) Reason I bring this up is I have a suspicion that I got some dirt/grass texture update long while ago and now its messing with CSP. Any input is appreciated.
1632881796151.png

On another note, I have no idea why anyone is even asking which is better in the first place anyway, since they are both free. :irked:
I never understood the stigma around asking questions about free mods. If you're new to this, chances are you don't know how the sausage is made, and ultimately won't be able to make the difference between a great and an average mod within a few minutes of gameplay. There are thousands of free mods out there, testing them all extensively could be a literal full time job. Most of us don't have the time for this.

I never understood the stigma around asking questions about free mods. If you're new to this, chances are you don't know how the sausage is made, and ultimately won't be able to make the difference between a great and an average mod within a few minutes of gameplay. There are thousands of free mods out there, testing them all extensively could be a literal full time job. Most of us don't have the time for this.
I believe it’s useless to ask about the quality of free mods.
How are you going to decide anyway when you get different answers (and there will be because most people have their own standards/preference which may differ a lot).

From the thousands available car mods I keep less than 300 installed. Are they the ‘best’ ? Who can tell ? I’m pretty sure others may have favorite cars that I have binned and vice versa.

Only way to find out is trying them yourself, even if your sim time is limited.

I believe it’s useless to ask about the quality of free mods.
How are you going to decide anyway when you get different answers (and there will be because most people have their own standards/preference which may differ a lot).

From the thousands available car mods I keep less than 300 installed. Are they the ‘best’ ? Who can tell ? I’m pretty sure others may have favorite cars that I have binned and vice versa.

Only way to find out is trying them yourself, even if your sim time is limited.
Personnaly I base quality

first on esthetic , if the car has good visual quality on exterior , interior , if the car is appealing at the end ^^
(that means , decent 3d model ,a correct uv mapping for good texturing , nice shaders and extension is a big help , detailed textured etc ..)

then secondly , would be optimization of the model , poly numbers , number of objects , size of the kn5 ...

and at last physiks and sound

so it is pretty sad sometimes , there is good visual but bad physik or sound ,or the other way around , so hard to find the ones with all combinations checked ^^

those parameters then depends on people too

Did I mess something up, or does this thing drive like a pile of...? Very little FFB and a floaty front end. Feels like the front tires are made of ice.
I will try to fix it

Can you please update Porsche 911 964 Leichtbau by Geroda74? Or something from this:
I don't have any of his cars and I don't think he will be happy, I did not have any work with him

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back