Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
I believe it’s useless to ask about the quality of free mods.
How are you going to decide anyway when you get different answers (and there will be because most people have their own standards/preference which may differ a lot).

From the thousands available car mods I keep less than 300 installed. Are they the ‘best’ ? Who can tell ? I’m pretty sure others may have favorite cars that I have binned and vice versa.

Only way to find out is trying them yourself, even if your sim time is limited.
I disagree. Some people dont have unlimited internet or fast internet so have to be careful with what they download so they waste bandwidth.

I disagree. Some people dont have unlimited internet or fast internet so have to be careful with what they download so they waste bandwidth.
That's up to you. But out of curiosity, did you even read why it's useless imo ?
E.g. someone says XXX is a great mod, you download, install, try and find it's not great or even crap. Wouldn't that be a waste of time and bandwidth ? Not counting the time it takes to write and read about it.

the latest version of protyres doesn't need a data file, if it doesn't work there is a problem in the data.acd at the tyre configuration level
I didn't know that. I'm using protyres app too. But if it won't work, i create an own protyres folder for this car. Problem solved.😅
We will look at it anyway.

Edit: uhm, btw we are using Kunos tyres for the Kadett.🤔

Last edited:
Looking for some VW Transporters/Kombi/Bus's for AC, I have the Lucas Macedo and the Nclsbrn89 crazy one, but I just checked Assettoland and only found those two. Kind of on a Bus kick, any other ones out there?

Thanks.

I didn't know that. I'm using protyres app too. But if it won't work, i create an own protyres folder for this car. Problem solved.😅
We will look at it anyway.

Edit: uhm, btw we are using Kunos tyres for the Kadett.🤔
is that your tyres.ini file points to a .lut file that does not exist in your data.acd maybe. but it should work without an external file
and the collider.kn5 be a calamity
it's nice to encrypt a car, but for that it must be flawless

Last edited:
Does somebody still have the #12 and #13 2016 Le Mans skins of the Rebellion Team for URD's PX1 Revolution that could be found on RD?
link was this: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...on-racing-no-12-and-13-24h-lemans-2016.10691/
but is gone now. I think I deleted them some time ago for thinking they did not belong on that car and/or I had better skins on another car mod, and now I realized that they actually belonged to that car and I do not have them on another mod...
There's a skin pack for that car from the same guy

There's a skin pack for that car from the same guy
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was looking for 👍

is that your tyres.ini file points to a .lut file that does not exist in your data.acd maybe. but it should work without an external file
and the collider.kn5 be a calamity
it's nice to encrypt a car, but for that it must be flawless
Did i already said there comes an update? Hmm....

86498912203dcdbe10cdd24839ba3887o.jpg

I never understood the stigma around asking questions about free mods. If you're new to this, chances are you don't know how the sausage is made, and ultimately won't be able to make the difference between a great and an average mod within a few minutes of gameplay. There are thousands of free mods out there, testing them all extensively could be a literal full time job. Most of us don't have the time for this.
Noone said life was easy.
And who the hell, test thousands of mods extensively, for gods sake!! :lol:

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

View attachment 1083286

Always afeter generatig the AI Lines the edges becomes like this in some spots.

My guess is that this is related to the road mesh (?) but I'm not so sure because the shape of this edge becomes different in a different layout which uses this same straight road like here:

View attachment 1083287
You could try renaming the side access roads to something other than 1ROAD, maybe 1SIDE for example (and set as NOT VALID TRACK in surfaces.ini) as the auto generated red side-lines for AI might be seeing them. You could also try using the AIhelper app from racedepartment.

Last edited:

Ben Obro shared this non-official update to union Island for us to try and report about Its performance evolution

Hi Rebelde! Previews are awesome.
However, can you show us images without wet asphalt? Curious too see those textures al natural.
same place dry/day

f881b166118955b4b1d7aa89eebd58beo.jpg

🙃

edit:

by the way, with the exception of the manhole covers, and the white stripes of the traffic, the asphalt is completely clean, I like the imperfections because it is what realism does, but this does not happen in Monaco, just consult google maps and you will see that everything is just perfect, including the asphalt of the street, everything seems freshly asphalted always.

I've also seen videos of people walking around Monaco with the gopro, and it's funny how you can't see a single piece of paper, not a cigarette, not a piece of gum on the ground.

Zero graffiti and no advertising on glued paper, the street is extremely clean.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link for the LMP2 Oreca_07? I have found the Lola packs by RMS... I'm kind of on a LMP2 kick now but I don't see much. Any other suggestions for LMP2 mods would also be highly appreciated.

In get that people don't like people asking for stuff. But the idea of a forum is for like minded people to engage and discuss stuff.
This attitude just puts people off.
the guy is into LMP's maybe he wanted to engage with people that share that same enjoyment, that was his 'way in' after only a few posts...

Also you don't ever do this over on CS forum where you hang out to get free payware, i have never seen you get ratty with people asking for mods on there?

In get that people don't like people asking for stuff. But the idea of a forum is for like minded people to engage and discuss stuff.
the guy is into LMP's maybe he wanted to engage with people that share that same enjoyment, that was his 'way in' after only a few posts...

Also you don't ever do this over on CS forum where you hang out to get free payware, i have never seen you get ratty with people asking for mods on there?
Wonder what's wrong with you ? Ar you blind or something ?
I suggested to use the search function (something basic and simple) AND at the same time gave him the link to the car he wanted...
As for the 'free payware': not that it is any of your business, but I do pay for every mod I believe it's worth paying for.
Also wonder why you seem so familiar with places 'I hang out' ?

Last edited:

Yes, we engage, help and discuss here...
This attitude actually helps people find the resources they need...
just like on that "other" forum (to which the moderators greatly enforce "search before ask").

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back