Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,188 comments
Random question, not sure if anyone would be able to help:
Here's the scenario, and what I'm trying to do.

There's a mod of Bristol Dirt oval from NASCAR, but the cars all have slick tyres. What's the best way to give them treaded/dirt tyres?
You visit my Blog and go from there.

Aston Martin DB11 Tuned Avant Garde Wheels by M.Kass & A. Rodriguez

Fix V1.1

— corrected the values of headlights in lights.ini
— deleted some entries in the extra config file to avoid issues
— blackened the rear wings of all the "Race" cars
Does anyone here still have the link to the DB11? The link is dead.

Pls don't post links of Sim Dream - the mods are low effort or ripped, in this case, didn't even worked out of the box! Wait for URD with their SCG 007, which is licensed by Glickenhaus, so right model, name, badges, and sponsors.

They even lied about their mod, which is "100% Scratch Made 3D Model". With little research, you can find the model on Turbosquid for $100.

Last edited:
P
Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have made :)
Physics are good when laptimes are almost spot on both in estoril and in tsukuba and specially your friends that say "meeh i dont like fwd cars " and then do like 20 laps straigth and enjoy it a lot 😆 the car with streets behaves in a very enjoyable way 😊

Do you think that simply stating that the mod is not bad is defending?
I think if you purchase their mods then come onto a forum enticing others to purchase from them then it is more than defending, it is promoting.

Concidering not long ago it was all "i stand with mike", i think its a fair to say anything regarding simdream SHOULD be only of negative tone.
They are liars, cheats and scammers.
If you like their mods great enjoy them.
If you know where to get them free (like many do) then PM people instead.

To actively promote their pareware scam IMO should be picked up on.

Any promting of ripped / stolen stuff being charged for in anyway, should be looked on with the same critical eyes also, IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think that's what they're talking about. I'm on a DD2 and I can guarantee that I'm not clipping one bit. It happens on certain cars say on the back straight of VIR. The wheel will start a mini back and forth oscillation until it gets so quick it's a vibrate. I'm thinking it has to do with either something not jiving in the suspension layout (something loose?) or the FFB Tweaks in CSP. Haven't done more testing but it's happened in other cars too.
Will try testing with FFB Tweaks off tonight and if I have time, moving some suspension arms. Caster? Something in here might be doing it.

View attachment 1085753
When it should be suspension related it doesn't relate to caster /kpi in this case. When caster is a cause then a) there's barely none (shopping cart, causing wheels to turn immediately when force is applied) or b) there's way too much, resulting in very heavy steering.

Bumpsteer isn't the case either, as the steering rods are properly postioned, (length and angle) thus preventing jacking forces
What could be the case is the length of the upper control arm being a tad too short, resulting in too much camber gain. I modelled the supsension of it's real life counter part, but a few mm off can already result in a big difference.

However, I'm on a SC2 wheel, I didn't witness any osscilations this far, I will have a try at VIR tonight...

904 suspension, front is derived from the Porsche 804 Formula one car

As you can see, the upper A -arms are pretty short compared to the lower trailing arm. The effect of this can be a lot of camber gain, resulting also in some toe-gain, maybe giving the oscillations
904 bits.jpg

In AC suspension editor:
904 - suseditor.JPG

Bumpsteer in function of alignment of the rods:
The goal is parallel movement of all rods, below how to solve:
suspension-M.jpg

How to align properly to prevent bumpsteer:
ZeroBumpSteerPositiveoffsetnegat-1-L.jpg

Last edited:
I promise you nothing, it’s just a test for now ... but interesting !

View attachment 1084367
1634032931453.png

Here's a WIP livery for your latest Renault Alpine A 610 - hope to finish it up really soon for your mod-release... There are some decals which are not found anywhere, and some had to be made-up from scratch (replicated as best as possible). All and all it's looking the part of France LM racing history.

__custom_showroom_1634035321.jpg

Last edited:
anybody knows how to get rid of these stripes on lumirank of new URD m4gt3? i've asked on URD discord but the question has disappeared with the whole thread...

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 14.39.10.07.png
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 14.39.10.07.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi everyone, just a question regarding the RSS Formula Americas.
In the october 2020 update it says "Push to Pass added for Road variant. Available only in race mode setting". Pardon if this is a noobish question but what is race mode and how do I make sure that's what I'm using? I couldn't figure out how to use push to pass the last time I tested.

The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better,
I saw some youtuber complaing that the rear end was very twitchy, which made the car difficult to control on corner exit. Is that what they fixed in the update?

Last edited:
Yeah I found one five minutes ago in assetto rally and you are right sadly. Thanks.
i'm working on updates on some hillclimb tracks free and not only (partially free) but i need time for make them. Unfortunately rampa have not quality enough to work on it without wasting time

I think if you purchase their mods then come onto a forum enticing others to purchase from them then it is more than defending, it is promoting.

Concidering not long ago it was all "i stand with mike", i think its a fair to say anything regarding simdream SHOULD be only of negative tone.
They are liars, cheats and scammers.
If you like their mods great enjoy them.
If you know where to get them free (like many do) then PM people instead.

To actively promote their pareware scam IMO should be picked up on.

Any promting of ripped / stolen stuff being charged for in anyway, should be looked on with the same critical eyes also, IMO.
Their mod are just a waste of time, free or not. Stolen and rushed model with other car's physics, flavored with 4k pixelated textures. Some cars has also missing parts...

As you said, and I absolute agree, "if you want it take it, but don't promote their mods". :cheers:

Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have made :)
I understand that for different people the physics of a car feels differently. My personal opinion about physics in this car is very good! I am not a pro in physics making, but as a consumer I am very happy with this physics. It is very similar to the real behavior of a car. Would like to add more grip tires, but this is not a racing car. I wonder what physics is good for you then?

Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.
Already in the original game, with many online servers, the Tatuus FA01 is a very good single-seater car to start and compete online with experienced drivers.

anybody knows how to get rid of these stripes on lumirank of new URD m4gt3? i've asked on URD discord but the question has disappeared with the whole thread...
Interesting. That's not how it supposed to look at all. Some CSP ****ery probably.
unknown.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back