Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,809 comments
Many thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
As with @rjwylie, nothing has changed after trying the car.ini edit, or the FFB Tweaks.
Sad panda.
Barring any better ideas, now considering a fizzix swap with Legion's Beck 904. All Porsches, amirite? :D
I now now tried the Baza new version and Mac 10 version and Velos. All have the same oscillating. The Beck version is fine. Tried swapping data files but car crashed. I’m using a DD2. Tried the other fixes but no luck. It’s got to be a force feedback problem somewhere. Perhaps the question asked to Baza may resolve this. Fingers crossed.

After what SimDream tired to pull with simracer 604 I don't care if they suddenly started making mods like RSS.
That their store is still chock full with the same ripped stuff for sale tells me that their BS about "one rogue employee" is just that, nonsense.

The whole simracer 604 was jusat loads of virtue signalling, nothing was actually done and now even worse many are acting as salemens for them and speaking highly of them.

Having said that i honesly beleive that people used their behavoiur as an excuse to get their crud for free concense free.

I mean plenty act just like Simdream but never get any outrage.
I mean, they still aren't at the level of RSS. As for the ripped content, yeah, this, and their site name sucks. As for the salesman part, well, I can't recommend buying any of their stuff, the only ok car is really the 1973 f1 car, which is free anyway.

Last edited:
After what SimDream tired to pull with simracer 604 I don't care if they suddenly started making mods like RSS.
That their store is still chock full with the same ripped stuff for sale tells me that their BS about "one rogue employee" is just that, nonsense.

The whole simracer 604 was jusat loads of virtue signalling, nothing was actually done and now even worse many are acting as salemens for them and speaking highly of them.

Having said that i honesly beleive that people used their behavoiur as an excuse to get their crud for free concense free.

I mean plenty act just like Simdream but never get any outrage.
I mean there's "evidence" of them "changing their ways" but it's pointless if they are just leaving key details out of their "evidence". If they really want to show them changing do a whole time-lapse of the car being made.

I do think that people are falling for the whole "we are changed" but they haven't changed. They are still taking others work and saying it's theirs.

It's one of them. I believe in people changing but I don't think simdream have yet (or haven't shown it)

BTW, I may be late, but I think I noticed that base Kunos preset for the showroom previews has AO disabled? Well, I guess I have to redone them all now...

Can someone please explain to me why a car model ripped from Polyphony Digital / GT Sport is encrypted to view in Content Manager?

what is the point, is there something I am missing?

thanks

Last edited:
I mean there's "evidence" of them "changing their ways" but it's pointless if they are just leaving key details out of their "evidence". If they really want to show them changing do a whole time-lapse of the car being made.

I do think that people are falling for the whole "we are changed" but they haven't changed. They are still taking others work and saying it's theirs.

It's one of them. I believe in people changing but I don't think simdream have yet (or haven't shown it)
Agreed, but in some form of defence, they get singled out along with RTM yet others get no metion at all and if you do, it quickly gets stiffled.

Someone selling ripped stuff for 7.99, isn't all that differnt if they charge a 7.99 sub on patreon per month... in fact logically its worse.

Agreed, but in some form of defence, they get singled out along with RTM yet others get no metion at all and if you do, it quickly gets stiffled.

Someone selling ripped stuff for 7.99, isn't all that differnt if they charge a 7.99 sub on patreon per month... in fact logically its worse.
Or when they ask for donations on conversions from other games. Especially games that are over 10 years old. Ripping content is ripping content whether it has a price tag or asks for money.

RELEASE BETA
Original Mod By polycode physics by graveltrap
Car edited by 101creative

• Working wipers
  • Working blinkers
  • Working Reverse Light
  • Working Exhaust Vibration
*Lots and lots of small fixes and detais

known bugs :
digital dash problem
https://www.mediafire.com/.../typer_fk8_BETA_1.rar/file

Really good physics by graveltrap almost matching keiichi tsuchiya tsukuba laptime

If you find any bugs please report via PM

I would apreciate if someone finds a solution for the digital dash issue protuding throug the objects amoung all the stuff changed and fixed that one ig giving a figth

View attachment 1085662
View attachment 1085666
View attachment 1085663View attachment 1085664View attachment 1085665

View attachment 1085677
Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have made :)

Last edited:
Hi there 👋
Firstly, thanks for all the great mods!

A couple of us are having a weird FFB issue with one of the 60's GTC cars (904) and (seems like) all of the Trans-Am mod cars.
I described what's happening above. Seems like some G920, G29, and at least one TT300RS users.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help you could offer?

Let's ask the man :D
What is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffb

Last edited:
Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have made :)
want to try it out later today, I've been hoping for a decent FK8 and haven't found one, since I drive one IRL as well.

Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffb
Thanks for taking the time. Appreciated.

So, in Windows (GHub) I leave the wheel lock at 900, and in AC I check the "auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock".
GHub doesn't have a strength setting, sensitivity is 50%. In game I use FBB post-processing with a LUT created using WheelCheck and LUT generator, and an in-game app called FBBClip specifically designed to modulate FFB and avoid clipping. It's set to 80% and Active On so it's watching for clipping all the time.

Ran a session with pedals app active and the FFB bar is pulsing in time with the oscillations at about 10%. Video if required (not sure if I can post that here)

Just discovered: If I use FFBClip and turn the strength down to 10% (it's lowest setting) the oscillations are just barely there. Of course there's no FFB either. Also, if I deactivate FFBClip completely and turn off FFB post-processing, and then turn in-game FFB to 150% (barely tactile FFB on a G920), I can just feel the tick-tock. Almost gone.

Okay, I can't speak for others that are having trouble, but I have an idea how to work around this now in my setup.
Thanks again. Keep on truckin'

Last edited:
Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.
For someone completely new to sim racing, I start them out with the MX-5 Cup.

If you really want to only go with open-wheel cars, here's a few candidates.

Estonia-25
Download from Race Department.

preview.jpg

Formula Jedi
Download from Legion's Site

preview.jpg

Formula Agile
Download from Race Department.

preview.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time. Appreciated.

So, in Windows (GHub) I leave the wheel lock at 900, and in AC I check the "auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock".
GHub doesn't have a strength setting, sensitivity is 50%. In game I use FBB post-processing with a LUT created using WheelCheck and LUT generator, and an in-game app called FBBClip specifically designed to modulate FFB and avoid clipping. It's set to 80% and Active On so it's watching for clipping all the time.

Ran a session with pedals app active and the FFB bar is pulsing in time with the oscillations at about 10%. Video if required (not sure if I can post that here)

Just discovered: If I use FFBClip and turn the strength down to 10% (it's lowest setting) the oscillations are just barely there. Of course there's no FFB either. Also, if I deactivate FFBClip completely and turn off FFB post-processing, and then turn in-game FFB to 150% (barely tactile FFB on a G920), I can just feel the tick-tock. Almost gone.

Okay, I can't speak for others that are having trouble, but I have an idea how to work around this now in my setup.
Thanks again. Keep on truckin'
I have also tried different ffb settings but lowers the oscillating but losing feedback. It’s strange because it only happens on a few cars.

Hi sir
Not FFB related but a little disturbing also is the lighting in the Mercedes SL. At night light casted by opponent cars onto the cockpit is way too strong... it happens only with the Mercedes. Can I change casted light per car in the data file or something please?

Last edited:
I don't think that's what they're talking about. I'm on a DD2 and I can guarantee that I'm not clipping one bit. It happens on certain cars say on the back straight of VIR. The wheel will start a mini back and forth oscillation until it gets so quick it's a vibrate. I'm thinking it has to do with either something not jiving in the suspension layout (something loose?) or the FFB Tweaks in CSP. Haven't done more testing but it's happened in other cars too.
Will try testing with FFB Tweaks off tonight and if I have time, moving some suspension arms. Caster? Something in here might be doing it.

AC suspension image.jpg

want to try it out later today, I've been hoping for a decent FK8 and haven't found one, since I drive one IRL as well.
Quick impression, there are still some interior visual things that I am sure you know about(I am using VR these days), the oh shoot handle and the speaker grille has some weird reflection to them,and the dash looks very "oh the surface" as opposed to inset into the cluster.

The driving, I think the balance is believable. Most of my seat time in my car is on autoX courses(lower speed, 2nd gear mostly) and I have an adjustable rear bar so I assume my car is more "loose" compare to a stock one would be on a track. But from a traction standpoint this car seems to struggle to put power down more on SM tires, most autoXer uses "200TW" tires these days which are in theory a step down from pure street legal track tires like Cup 2s or R888R or something though most newer ones are not that far off over 1 lap compare to those, just don't hold their temperature management as well. I see SM being maybe sort of analog to 200TW but most SM tired car seems to be less grippy than what I'd consider realistic IRL. Unless my tires are very worn or on really dusty surface I rarely have traction issue even in driving around mostly in 2nd. I haven't tried the HR tires yet. Comparing laptime(having spend a lot of time recently in game on RT Mont Tremblant) the time(with SM) is a few sec faster than the stock tire new GR86, which seems plausible considering the higher speed track. Played with the alignment a bit and honestly balance wise seems reasonable.

Many thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
As with @rjwylie, nothing has changed after trying the car.ini edit, or the FFB Tweaks.
Sad panda.
Barring any better ideas, now considering a fizzix swap with Legion's Beck 904. All Porsches, amirite? :D
Any chance it's the "FFB tweaks" in CSP? It seems like before I updated to 1.75 I seldom if ever had clipping and now I do for several cars, even old ones that were fine before.

If anyone wants to know where Scamdream got their new Glickey model, here's the link. I don't have access to the model or the mod, nor do I want to, but judging from the images and some of the stuff on our photo thread, it's a 100% match AFAIK.

So yeah there's a few people on this sub who are still defending them. Stop.

If you really need a Glickey, wait until URD releases theirs and buy it. The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better, so I have faith their officially licensed rendition will do the car justice.

Last edited:
Random question, not sure if anyone would be able to help:
Here's the scenario, and what I'm trying to do.

There's a mod of Bristol Dirt oval from NASCAR, but the cars all have slick tyres. What's the best way to give them treaded/dirt tyres?

Any chance it's the "FFB tweaks" in CSP? It seems like before I updated to 1.75 I seldom if ever had clipping and now I do for several cars, even old ones that were fine before.
Do you run ABS as a driver assist by chance? I've had this FFB oscillation experience before with a few random cars. Check if ABS is turned on in the electronics tab in the setup screen.

Do you run ABS as a driver assist by chance? I've had this FFB oscillation experience before with a few random cars. Check if ABS is turned on in the electronics tab in the setup screen.
Haha, the car barely has brakes, nevermind ABS :lol: Thanks for the suggestion, turned ABS off in setup, no difference.

This seemed like a good lead. Reverted to 0.1.74 and turned off ALL FFB Tweaks, restart CM... No change :boggled:
Went as far back as 0.1.60 without success.

If anyone wants to know where Scamdream got their new Glickey model, here's the link. I don't have access to the model or the mod, nor do I want to, but judging from the images and some of the stuff on our photo thread, it's a 100% match AFAIK.

So yeah there's a few people on this sub who are still defending them. Stop.

If you really need a Glickey, wait until URD releases theirs and buy it. The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better, so I have faith their officially licensed rendition will do the car justice.
Ohh, so that's where the painted on, cheap-1/43-scale-model seam lines come from! Gotta wonder, tho, the model has a poly count in the low 20ks, where do the extra 700k in the finished Simdreams mod come from?

Gotta wonder where they are ripping the 1973 formula models, tbh. Considering how their Brabham looks (gorgeous), sounds (like a cat being tortured in a CIA black site) and handles (like a dump truck), it would be interesting if we could cut out the middleman and start porting said models decently.

Last edited:
Ohh, so that's where the painted on, cheap-1/43-scale-model seam lines come from! Gotta wonder, tho, the model has a poly count in the low 20ks, where do the extra 700k in the finished Simdreams mod come from?

Gotta wonder where they are ripping the 1973 formula models, tbh. Considering how their Brabham looks (gorgeous), sounds (like a cat being tortured in a CIA black site) and handles (like a dump truck), it would be interesting if we could cut out the middleman and start porting said models decently.
The only question i have is.. did the pay the 99$ for the model?
Would make much sense for them.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back