Agreed, but in some form of defence, they get singled out along with RTM yet others get no metion at all and if you do, it quickly gets stiffled.I mean there's "evidence" of them "changing their ways" but it's pointless if they are just leaving key details out of their "evidence". If they really want to show them changing do a whole time-lapse of the car being made.
I do think that people are falling for the whole "we are changed" but they haven't changed. They are still taking others work and saying it's theirs.
It's one of them. I believe in people changing but I don't think simdream have yet (or haven't shown it)
Or when they ask for donations on conversions from other games. Especially games that are over 10 years old. Ripping content is ripping content whether it has a price tag or asks for money.Agreed, but in some form of defence, they get singled out along with RTM yet others get no metion at all and if you do, it quickly gets stiffled.
Someone selling ripped stuff for 7.99, isn't all that differnt if they charge a 7.99 sub on patreon per month... in fact logically its worse.
Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have madeRELEASE BETA
Original Mod By polycode physics by graveltrap
Car edited by 101creative
*Lots and lots of small fixes and detais
- Working wipers
- Working blinkers
- Working Reverse Light
- Working Exhaust Vibration
known bugs :
digital dash problem
https://www.mediafire.com/.../typer_fk8_BETA_1.rar/file
Really good physics by graveltrap almost matching keiichi tsuchiya tsukuba laptime
If you find any bugs please report via PM
I would apreciate if someone finds a solution for the digital dash issue protuding throug the objects amoung all the stuff changed and fixed that one ig giving a figth
View attachment 1085662
View attachment 1085666
View attachment 1085663View attachment 1085664View attachment 1085665
View attachment 1085677
What is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffbHi there 👋
Firstly, thanks for all the great mods!
A couple of us are having a weird FFB issue with one of the 60's GTC cars (904) and (seems like) all of the Trans-Am mod cars.
I described what's happening above. Seems like some G920, G29, and at least one TT300RS users.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help you could offer?
Let's ask the man![]()
want to try it out later today, I've been hoping for a decent FK8 and haven't found one, since I drive one IRL as well.Not sure the physics should be called good!! I just tried to plug in some real numbers… I look forward to the improvements you have made![]()
RSS F3. Skippy. Formula Renault 2.0 make sure you add this. Formula Student.Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.
Thanks for taking the time. Appreciated.What is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffb
For someone completely new to sim racing, I start them out with the MX-5 Cup.Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.
Anybody know any good low level open wheel racing mods? Tryna get one of my friend into circuit racing, but I don't wanna start them off with one of the faster, more intimidating cars.
I have also tried different ffb settings but lowers the oscillating but losing feedback. It’s strange because it only happens on a few cars.Thanks for taking the time. Appreciated.
So, in Windows (GHub) I leave the wheel lock at 900, and in AC I check the "auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock".
GHub doesn't have a strength setting, sensitivity is 50%. In game I use FBB post-processing with a LUT created using WheelCheck and LUT generator, and an in-game app called FBBClip specifically designed to modulate FFB and avoid clipping. It's set to 80% and Active On so it's watching for clipping all the time.
Ran a session with pedals app active and the FFB bar is pulsing in time with the oscillations at about 10%. Video if required (not sure if I can post that here)
Just discovered: If I use FFBClip and turn the strength down to 10% (it's lowest setting) the oscillations are just barely there. Of course there's no FFB either. Also, if I deactivate FFBClip completely and turn off FFB post-processing, and then turn in-game FFB to 150% (barely tactile FFB on a G920), I can just feel the tick-tock. Almost gone.
Okay, I can't speak for others that are having trouble, but I have an idea how to work around this now in my setup.
Thanks again. Keep on truckin'
Hi sirWhat is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffb
I don't think that's what they're talking about. I'm on a DD2 and I can guarantee that I'm not clipping one bit. It happens on certain cars say on the back straight of VIR. The wheel will start a mini back and forth oscillation until it gets so quick it's a vibrate. I'm thinking it has to do with either something not jiving in the suspension layout (something loose?) or the FFB Tweaks in CSP. Haven't done more testing but it's happened in other cars too.What is your wheel lock in game/ windows? What are your FFB strength settings, both in game and in windows? sounds like you're compressing the signal, amplifying output resulting in clipping... Could you run a session with the ingame 'pedals' app activated, and have a look at the far right bar (that's the FFB) if that's constantly maxed out then you're clipping and have to reduce ffb
Quick impression, there are still some interior visual things that I am sure you know about(I am using VR these days), the oh shoot handle and the speaker grille has some weird reflection to them,and the dash looks very "oh the surface" as opposed to inset into the cluster.want to try it out later today, I've been hoping for a decent FK8 and haven't found one, since I drive one IRL as well.
Hi can, anyone reupload this or point me to a working link? thanksok. Here are the promised Group C cars:
https://mega.nz/file/Ih9BFAja#xtkOyM3mNfnUefVRArlH2gD2Ckf9xb8yM80BTUphJpY
Any chance it's the "FFB tweaks" in CSP? It seems like before I updated to 1.75 I seldom if ever had clipping and now I do for several cars, even old ones that were fine before.Many thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
As with @rjwylie, nothing has changed after trying the car.ini edit, or the FFB Tweaks.
Sad panda.
Barring any better ideas, now considering a fizzix swap with Legion's Beck 904. All Porsches, amirite?![]()
www.opticaldreamsoft.com
I tried to change the setting no luckI have no idea if this is a factor, and I haven't experienced any issues with the cars I've tested with my TS-PC Racer. This is my current setting, and I think there's a Porsche mod that requires this to be turned on, unless I'm mistaken.
View attachment 1085687
Do you run ABS as a driver assist by chance? I've had this FFB oscillation experience before with a few random cars. Check if ABS is turned on in the electronics tab in the setup screen.Any chance it's the "FFB tweaks" in CSP? It seems like before I updated to 1.75 I seldom if ever had clipping and now I do for several cars, even old ones that were fine before.
Haha, the car barely has brakes, nevermind ABSDo you run ABS as a driver assist by chance? I've had this FFB oscillation experience before with a few random cars. Check if ABS is turned on in the electronics tab in the setup screen.
This seemed like a good lead. Reverted to 0.1.74 and turned off ALL FFB Tweaks, restart CM... No changeAny chance it's the "FFB tweaks" in CSP? It seems like before I updated to 1.75 I seldom if ever had clipping and now I do for several cars, even old ones that were fine before.
Ohh, so that's where the painted on, cheap-1/43-scale-model seam lines come from! Gotta wonder, tho, the model has a poly count in the low 20ks, where do the extra 700k in the finished Simdreams mod come from?If anyone wants to know where Scamdream got their new Glickey model, here's the link. I don't have access to the model or the mod, nor do I want to, but judging from the images and some of the stuff on our photo thread, it's a 100% match AFAIK.
![]()
Glickenhaus Racing SCG 007 LMH WEC 2021 Hypercar 3D model | OpticalDreamSoft
Low-poly PBR 3D model of Glickenhaus Racing SCG 007 LMH WEC 2021 Hypercar by OpticalDreamSoft. The model is suitable for computer/mobile games, broadcast, advertising, visualization.www.opticaldreamsoft.com
So yeah there's a few people on this sub who are still defending them. Stop.
If you really need a Glickey, wait until URD releases theirs and buy it. The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better, so I have faith their officially licensed rendition will do the car justice.
The only question i have is.. did the pay the 99$ for the model?Ohh, so that's where the painted on, cheap-1/43-scale-model seam lines come from! Gotta wonder, tho, the model has a poly count in the low 20ks, where do the extra 700k in the finished Simdreams mod come from?
Gotta wonder where they are ripping the 1973 formula models, tbh. Considering how their Brabham looks (gorgeous), sounds (like a cat being tortured in a CIA black site) and handles (like a dump truck), it would be interesting if we could cut out the middleman and start porting said models decently.
You visit my Blog and go from there.Random question, not sure if anyone would be able to help:
Here's the scenario, and what I'm trying to do.
There's a mod of Bristol Dirt oval from NASCAR, but the cars all have slick tyres. What's the best way to give them treaded/dirt tyres?
Does anyone here still have the link to the DB11? The link is dead.Aston Martin DB11 Tuned Avant Garde Wheels by M.Kass & A. Rodriguez
Fix V1.1
— corrected the values of headlights in lights.ini
— deleted some entries in the extra config file to avoid issues
— blackened the rear wings of all the "Race" cars