Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,077 comments
Got bored so I was wasting some time messing around with making my own custom trees for a track skin just for kicks. Everything seemed to go fine. I created the tree files, masked out just the tree for my alpha channel and saved it as a .dds. Loaded it up in the game and it looked pretty good for an amateur effort. Then I changed the season and the tree changed colors like it should except the trunk and limbs got orange\yellow as well. This never happens with the stock trees so what exactly is the trick to just getting the leaves to turn color and not the trunk and limbs as well like to stock trees do?

Hello everyone, someone knows how to assign fuel to the ia?, for make endurance races, because the ia stops every 5 laps, I use CM

Last edited:
I removed 177p1 too. Had some weird blur effect in replays, which I didnt liked at all. Best visible on a track with a lot of trees, like the Nords or Calabogie.

I removed 177p1 too. Had some weird blur effect in replays, which I didnt liked at all. Best visible on a track with a lot of trees, like the Nords or Calabogie.
I've had that issue too. I'm also seeing a lot of the black shading tones doing a strange kind of smearing, both while driving and in replays. That's an issue that has (for me) come and gone in previous builds, but it's really noticeable in the latest one.

The other glitch that really grinds my gears is the image 'echo' that often appears around the wheels/tyres and rear edges of the cars. Really spoils what is otherwise a really nice image quality with the right settings.

I SO wish Ilja would fix these types of bugs before working on new features that very few people will use.

Last edited:
so it appears that the newest 1.76 public as well as 1.77preview CSP has broken track extensions that utilize zip files. I first noticed it with the excellent Johnr777 update of spa. I also have noticed it affects some of Pyyer's great track extensions as well.
Could you please name a specific track (with Pyyer extension) with which you have problems? And how exactly do the problems look like. I have now tried Mexico and Interlagos and do not see any errors at first sight.
Could you provide a screenshot or a short video of your problem (blur effect)? I just tried to reproduce this with Calabogie (lilski). But I can't see any such behavior.

Ooh, thank you. I’ve run into this a few times (ksGrass shader not accepting GrassFX), and always kind of accepted the loss of detail (figuring that gaining the grass more than makes up for it), but will be very interested in your solution!
I didn't noticed while is was working on it, i still have to find a solution (but first the time to work on it), then if i found, i will release for sure an update to fix it ;)

Has anyone done this skin for the Group A R32?

Well now there's someone working on one :)
What an iconic car.

1640860636922.png

Last edited:
Could you please name a specific track (with Pyyer extension) with which you have problems? And how exactly do the problems look like. I have now tried Mexico and Interlagos and do not see any errors at first sight.
Nürburgring. Had to deactivate the Extension to avoid crashes and missing textures. 0.1.77p is really really buggy. Still reported some probs on Ilja's patreon but no response.

Last edited:
Nürburgring. Had to deactivate the Extension to avoid crashes and missing textures. 0.1.77p is really really buggy. Still reported some probs on Ilja's patreon but no response.
You mean these?

I do not find any extension from him only for ks_nurburgring

Runs without problems for me.

176p136. No obvious problems with that one on my side.

Better visisble at the Nords. Just look at the trees left side. Just cutted it from an yet unreleased video:

Thanks for the video. Had to look twice before I saw it. You can probably see it a little better on the PC than on a YT video. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it with myself. Strange. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean these?

I do not find any extension from him only for ks_nurburgring

Runs without problems for me.
Have a look, they are really great. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/pyyer.1375158/

Last edited:
Yeah I’m having problems with csp 177 with pyver extensions. Mexico has black and white walls and Nurburgring crashes unless I use a skin for it but has missing textures. I tried to go to 176p136 but everything turns red. I don’t know what I should do, keep going down the list? Weird that this would do that

Yeah I’m having problems with csp 177 with pyver extensions. Mexico has black and white walls and Nurburgring crashes unless I use a skin for it but has missing textures. I tried to go to 176p136 but everything turns red. I don’t know what I should do, keep going down the list? Weird that this would do that
You're on Pure, right? Change it back to SOL. Actual Pure needs 1.76 public or up. CSP - Weather FX - Weather Script: Sol. Or update to public 1.76 but there's no rain.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, someone knows how to assign fuel to the ia?, for make endurance races, because the ia stops every 5 laps, I use CM
Try making a full weekend (Practice-Qually-Race). Maybe at least 15mnts Pra/Qual.

The aim here is allowing AI to do a few laps in each session, for fuel consumption levels.

Hope it works well.

I've had that issue too. I'm also seeing a lot of the black shading tones doing a strange kind of smearing, both while driving and in replays. That's an issue that has (for me) come and gone in previous builds, but it's really noticeable in the latest one.

The other glitch that really grinds my gears is the image 'echo' that often appears around the wheels/tyres and rear edges of the cars. Really spoils what is otherwise a really nice image quality with the right settings.

I SO wish Ilja would fix these types of bugs before working on new features that very few people will use.
I think the "smearing" around the wheels etc is the result of TAA. Disable it in extraFX and check again.

I think the "smearing" around the wheels etc is the result of TAA. Disable it in extraFX and check again.
Of course he can deactivate it or the whole ExtraFX-Section but TAA is one of the key features. Better revert to 1.76 and wait for a fix in my opinion.

Could you provide a screenshot or a short video of your problem (blur effect)? I just tried to reproduce this with Calabogie (lilski). But I can't see any such behavior.
Any of his extensions that have textures in zip files. Mexico is a good ones. You will see huge black spots in place of the textures. Another is johnr777 extension of spa.

These do not show an error message but leave out the textures that were found in the zip.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back