Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
would anyone know how to remove the stripes that show up in shadows when you implement smart shadows in csp? It is most prevalent on the tires but can be seen on the vehicles as well as track if the sun is in the correct position. Thanks in advance.

would anyone know how to remove the stripes that show up in shadows when you implement smart shadows in csp? It is most prevalent on the tires but can be seen on the vehicles as well as track if the sun is in the correct position. Thanks in advance.
To the best of my knowledge, this is a longstanding CSP issue that still has no known fix. I would love to be proved wrong as it bugs the 💩 out of me!

Wondering if someone can try something for me. I made a quick skin and ext_config for Virginia International. I'm not even sure if i'm using the most up to date version of the track so this might not work if there is a newer version than the one I have. It's nothing special but I always felt the track looked a bit too yellow in the trees and grass. So I edited those files and also made a small ext_config change to keep the grass from turning orange in the fall. Wondering if I went too far on the amount of yellow I removed from the grass and trees so I would like an opinion. You can name the skin folder to whatever name you want. I just used a generic 'Updated' name for now. Thanks for any feedback...

vir_skin
I have the 1.1 version by Darren Blythe, RIgel, Lilski and Arthur666, from the 18/09/2016 update on RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/updates)

CSP 1.7.5, SOL 2.2 (stability, yo)

The skin works on this version (functionally, at least, UI ok, no errors), but the visual difference is tiny, if anything.
Had to flip-flop two screenshots at a time, in rapid fire, to try to discern any difference.
Tried a few different PP filters, same-same.

Sorry man.
shrug

Wondering if someone can try something for me. I made a quick skin and ext_config for Virginia International. I'm not even sure if i'm using the most up to date version of the track so this might not work if there is a newer version than the one I have. It's nothing special but I always felt the track looked a bit too yellow in the trees and grass. So I edited those files and also made a small ext_config change to keep the grass from turning orange in the fall. Wondering if I went too far on the amount of yellow I removed from the grass and trees so I would like an opinion. You can name the skin folder to whatever name you want. I just used a generic 'Updated' name for now. Thanks for any feedback...

vir_skin
I can at least tell you that your skin works for me.

Version: 1.1 (Darren Blythe, RIgel, Lilski and Arthur666)
CSP: 1.77 prev 1
Sol: 2.2.2 beta 2
PP: Natural Mod Base

If I set the date to autumn (e.g.Oct), I can already see a difference. Mainly on the grass areas. They are indeed greener. But since that doesn't bother me in the original, I probably won't need your skin. But maybe someone else will. 🙋‍♂️

There were 3 different classes in group A worldwide homologation in the 80s. So you had multi class races. Class 3 (over 3000 cc), which were the strongest (in 1986 for example: bmw 635, holden VK, Rover sd1, Sierra, Volvo 240,...), class 2 (2000-3000 cc), which were smaller cars and were around 3,4 seconds slower per lap (1986: bmw 325, Alfa 75 (75 Turbo ran in class 3 in '87 and '88, well sort of, there were no more class 2 and 1 in those years), Mercedes Evo-190 (the old one, not the evo II we have in AC) and class 1 (under 2000 cc), which were even 5 sec a lap slower (Corolla, VW Golf,...). ETCC was like a champions league of best cars from different competitions around the world (BTCC, DTM, ITCC, ATCC, STCC, ...). I created a skin pack for ETCC 1986 which ran: class 3: 3 TSW Bastos Rovers from BTCC (not my skins, found them on RD), 2 Schnitzer BMW 635 from DTM, 3 Ci-bi-emme 635 from ITCC, 1 Garage du Bac 635 from Belcar championship in Belgium, 2 RAS Volvo 240 from Swedish Stcc, 2 Eggenberger Ford Sierra's from DTM, 2 holdens from ATCC Australia (HDT, National team) and for class 2: 2 Mercedes Snoebeck, 2 Mercedes Persson (both teams from DTM I think), 2 Linder bmw 325 (DTM) and two Alfa 75 (jolly team from Italian ITCC). I didn't bother with class 1. I had to create (better say modify some cars, as we don't have them in AC (325, the correct Alfa 75, Merc 190 and Sierra). The rest are from atcc pack which were updated by easy. I BOPed all the cars, so they ran around one second from each other inside the class and I managed to bop them so they run around 1,2 seconds inside actual lap times in 1986.

So here's the pack if you want it. For easy cars, you need to install easy's pack, as there are only skins and slightly modified data.acd file (cause bop) in zip. So backup data.acd for those, cause the file will be overwritten. Other 4 are whole new cars and will not overwrite anything. I also included a race grid preset for content manager (link inside the txt file in zip) . Enjoy. Oh and here is great movie for etcc 1986 season if you like these old series like I do:

Hi,

This pack I really like! Thanks for this.
One question though; can you please make the car previews work (non visible now unfortunately)?
That would be great! Regards, GIBF4

@RMi_wood this Radical was a dream to drive when we had it on FileMissing's Hotlap Server. Had a great time with this car and thanks for sharing! Question for you, were there any changes done to it since we used on the server? Just wondering if I should override. I had some setup changes which I'm not sure if they will be blown away. :cheers:
same version, setups will work

I kept them in a extra folder, so yes i can tell you which i`ve deleted:

BLMCar
BLM Lights
Chat
FFBClip
gmeter
helicorsa
OV1Info
sol_custom_weather

Maybe the stuttering was not the fault of a partuclar app. Maybe i had just too many apps installed :confused:
After 3 days of driving, changing CSP Versions, ppfilters, diverse cars and tracks ...... i can confirm my stuttering is gone. So its worth to try for everyone suffering microstuttering.

I have the 1.1 version by Darren Blythe, RIgel, Lilski and Arthur666, from the 18/09/2016 update on RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/updates)

CSP 1.7.5, SOL 2.2 (stability, yo)

The skin works on this version (functionally, at least, UI ok, no errors), but the visual difference is tiny, if anything.
Had to flip-flop two screenshots at a time, in rapid fire, to try to discern any difference.
Tried a few different PP filters, same-same.

Sorry man.
shrug
No need to be sorry. I wasn't trying to make wholesale changes. I just always noticed how yellow the track was compared to others and for some reason it bothered me. This makes things a little more tolerable for me. Even if I end up not using my skin, I will at least keep using the ext_config file. Nothing breaks immersion for me on a track more than having the grass turn orange in the fall. I don't know what grass does in other parts of the world, but where I live, grass never turns orange in the fall except for maybe a field of heather grass.

Thanks for having a look...

Last edited:
If a track does not have rain effects is it just a matter to add extension folder and the proper .ini file? Can anyone do it or does it require additional software to open the track files?

If a track does not have rain effects is it just a matter to add extension folder and the proper .ini file? Can anyone do it or does it require additional software to open the track files?
You can add any INI file to any track folder you would like Rain FX to have. I would recommend downloading Notepad++ which is a free open source software.

Last edited:
You can add any INI file to any track folder you would like Rain FX to have. I would recommend downloading Notepad++ which is a free open source software.
Yes adding the ini file is easy, I took one from a track with rain FX, you know puddles etc..., but nothing is happening. Must be more to it than just that.

After 3 days of driving, changing CSP Versions, ppfilters, diverse cars and tracks ...... i can confirm my stuttering is gone. So its worth to try for everyone suffering microstuttering.
So do you just remove them from the folder or do you have to do anything else? Thanks

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

CarTOON Albion v1.0

It completely misses the CSP features, so i create it from scratch and fixed the various materials in order to fit the new standards

Download track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/albion.47519/

Download update: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/albion-csp-update-fixes-by-crist86.50854/

• New EXT_CONFIG featuring GrassFX, LightFX, RainFX, Seasons
  • New TV Cams (+ original one edited, + original one as originally created)
  • New 2.kn5 in order to let semaphore works fine with the new semaphore.ini created
  • New Semaphore.ini
  • New VAO

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-45-44.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-45-54.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-46-1.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-46-9.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-46-14.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-46-22.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_supreme_albion_29-11-121-15-46-27.jpg

Last edited:
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

CarTOON Albion v1.0

It completely misses the CSP features, so i create it from scratch and fixed the various materials in order to fit the new standards

Download update: https://sharemods.com/akytbuwscb2o/...XT_CONFIG___VAO___TV_Cams_by_CrisT86.rar.html

• New 2.kn5 in order to let semaphore works fine with the new semaphore.ini created
  • New Semaphore.ini
  • New VAO

View attachment 1102387View attachment 1102388View attachment 1102389View attachment 1102390View attachment 1102391View attachment 1102392View attachment 1102393
can someone change the number of pit boxes, which are only 18, to a number necessary to organise online races? I asked the author if he could make an update but he told me that he has already lost 4 months of work and wanted to dedicate himself to another project.

@Cozy61 did a very good tutorial video to add Rain FX to track, but basically you use a template & objector inspector to select road and materials you want to apply Rain FX.

Yes adding the ini file is easy, I took one from a track with rain FX, you know puddles etc..., but nothing is happening. Must be more to it than just that.
You may find the one you want here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVFWPPLNzXN5dOgxCURr27uFsgCMrQRs?usp=sharing

there is still a car atcc that I had not seen​

ATCC Toyota Corolla AE86 GrpA – v1.0​

I will add it
Hi, just reporting that two cars from your forum result in a crash while loading a race, the crash happens while loading the cars' audio.
Citroen ax proto and the Ferrari 355 challenge.

@lorelord
Thanx so much for the 458 gt3, feels and looks great.

Last edited:
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

CarTOON Albion v1.0

Download update: https://sharemods.com/akytbuwscb2o/...XT_CONFIG___VAO___TV_Cams_by_CrisT86.rar.html

• New Semaphore.ini
  • New VAO

View attachment 1102387View attachment 1102388View attachment 1102389View attachment 1102390View attachment 1102391View attachment 1102392View attachment 1102393
guess you should do Goodweek also?

Last edited:
So do you just remove them from the folder or do you have to do anything else? Thanks
First i "unchecked" them in active apps menu, then just deleted from python/apps folder and saved elsewhere just in case i need them sometime.
Like said before i don`t know if a particular app/file was causing the stuttering or just the amount of installed apps.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back