Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,769 comments
fresh joy, very wow
joy.jpg

yummy cake

There were 3 different classes in group A worldwide homologation in the 80s. So you had multi class races. Class 3 (over 3000 cc), which were the strongest (in 1986 for example: bmw 635, holden VK, Rover sd1, Sierra, Volvo 240,...), class 2 (2000-3000 cc), which were smaller cars and were around 3,4 seconds slower per lap (1986: bmw 325, Alfa 75 (75 Turbo ran in class 3 in '87 and '88, well sort of, there were no more class 2 and 1 in those years), Mercedes Evo-190 (the old one, not the evo II we have in AC) and class 1 (under 2000 cc), which were even 5 sec a lap slower (Corolla, VW Golf,...). ETCC was like a champions league of best cars from different competitions around the world (BTCC, DTM, ITCC, ATCC, STCC, ...). I created a skin pack for ETCC 1986 which ran: class 3: 3 TSW Bastos Rovers from BTCC (not my skins, found them on RD), 2 Schnitzer BMW 635 from DTM, 3 Ci-bi-emme 635 from ITCC, 1 Garage du Bac 635 from Belcar championship in Belgium, 2 RAS Volvo 240 from Swedish Stcc, 2 Eggenberger Ford Sierra's from DTM, 2 holdens from ATCC Australia (HDT, National team) and for class 2: 2 Mercedes Snoebeck, 2 Mercedes Persson (both teams from DTM I think), 2 Linder bmw 325 (DTM) and two Alfa 75 (jolly team from Italian ITCC). I didn't bother with class 1. I had to create (better say modify some cars, as we don't have them in AC (325, the correct Alfa 75, Merc 190 and Sierra). The rest are from atcc pack which were updated by easy. I BOPed all the cars, so they ran around one second from each other inside the class and I managed to bop them so they run around 1,2 seconds inside actual lap times in 1986.

So here's the pack if you want it. For easy cars, you need to install easy's pack, as there are only skins and slightly modified data.acd file (cause bop) in zip. So backup data.acd for those, cause the file will be overwritten. Other 4 are whole new cars and will not overwrite anything. I also included a race grid preset for content manager (link inside the txt file in zip) . Enjoy. Oh and here is great movie for etcc 1986 season if you like these old series like I do:

In this case maybe someone know where I can find STCC 1999 pack ? And yes I try google ! Cheers

Hi,

This pack I really like! Thanks for this.
One question though; can you please make the car previews work (non visible now unfortunately)?
That would be great! Regards, GIBF4
Hey. I use a custom preset, that is why probably. Sadly won't be at the computer until next year, so can't do it for you. But it is a very easy fix for this that you can do yourself:

in Content Manager go to :
- content

• tools
    • Update Previews - Launch
select the cars and select the preset file you like and it will be done in less than a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

CarTOON Albion v1.0

It completely misses the CSP features, so i create it from scratch and fixed the various materials in order to fit the new standards

Download track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/albion.47519/

Download update: https://sharemods.com/akytbuwscb2o/...XT_CONFIG___VAO___TV_Cams_by_CrisT86.rar.html

• New EXT_CONFIG featuring GrassFX, LightFX, RainFX, Seasons
  • New TV Cams (+ original one edited, + original one as originally created)
  • New 2.kn5 in order to let semaphore works fine with the new semaphore.ini created
  • New Semaphore.ini
  • New VAO

View attachment 1102387View attachment 1102388View attachment 1102389View attachment 1102390View attachment 1102391View attachment 1102392View attachment 1102393
thanks nice work!
But how can i change back to the original grass texture ? You changed it to a plain green one.

thanks nice work!
But how can i change back to the original grass texture ? You changed it to a plain green one.
You have to wait for an update because with ksGrass as shader, you can have the grassFX working properly. So i need to work on it to fix, didn't noticed the probelm while i was working on it

You have to wait for an update because with ksGrass as shader, you can have the grassFX working properly. So i need to work on it to fix, didn't noticed the probelm while i was working on it
This might work in place of your existing shader replacement:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GRASS1
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = googlemap.dds
RESOURCE_1 = txDetail
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_1 = grass-detail26b.dds
FILL_MISSING_TEXTURES = 1

This might work in place of your existing shader replacement:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GRASS1
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = googlemap.dds
RESOURCE_1 = txDetail
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_1 = grass-detail26b.dds
FILL_MISSING_TEXTURES = 1
ksPerPixelAT have only txDiffuse, so no, it won't work (you have the googlemaps but not the detail

Camtool for Santa Monica Mountains
Layout: A Race, Stunt Road

Placing cameras in almost 18Km and realising that my RTX2060 can't keep up with the speed graphics rendered, well... I tried to make this preset not so heavy in animations but you will really need a beefy PC to run it with a decent flow.

Hi there, i have an RTX 2070 any chance you could share your CSP preset with me?
Currently messing about with loads of assorted ones but would like to try yours.
I have all the various weathers from SOL to Horizon so dosn't matter which you use.

Would be great if you could, never sure why sharing of CSP presets really took off, you'd think there would be loads about as it even has a share feature built in.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

CarTOON Albion v1.0

It completely misses the CSP features, so i create it from scratch and fixed the various materials in order to fit the new standards

Download track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/albion.47519/

Download update: https://sharemods.com/akytbuwscb2o/...XT_CONFIG___VAO___TV_Cams_by_CrisT86.rar.html

• New EXT_CONFIG featuring GrassFX, LightFX, RainFX, Seasons
  • New TV Cams (+ original one edited, + original one as originally created)
  • New 2.kn5 in order to let semaphore works fine with the new semaphore.ini created
  • New Semaphore.ini
  • New VAO

View attachment 1102387View attachment 1102388View attachment 1102389View attachment 1102390View attachment 1102391View attachment 1102392View attachment 1102393
File not found 🤔

Hello everyone. I am hoping to get a bit of help/advice.

I am trying to create a slightly tuned version of the MX5 ND cup. The power curve is based on the BBR 220 tune for the ND Miata (https://bbrgti.com/products/bbr-mx-5-nd-super-220-2019-on-184-ps). I think i have gotten the hp/torque right and adjusted the rev range but when shifting (H-SHifter) the revs don't seem to drop correctly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might need to change or perhaps be interested in helping me out? Thanks

The good news is I can now race on any track in the rain.
The bad news is the AI cannot race in the rain and there is very little spray for the few AI that manage to stay on track.

Hi, just reporting that two cars from your forum result in a crash while loading a race, the crash happens while loading the cars' audio.
Citroen ax proto and the Ferrari 355 challenge.

@lorelord
Thanx so much for the 458 gt3, feels and looks great.
the 2 works well at home, do you have the latest version of the ax? I know there was a problem with it, delete it completely before installing the version on the forum

ksPerPixelAT have only txDiffuse, so no, it won't work (you have the googlemaps but not the detail
Ooh, thank you. I’ve run into this a few times (ksGrass shader not accepting GrassFX), and always kind of accepted the loss of detail (figuring that gaining the grass more than makes up for it), but will be very interested in your solution!

the 2 works well at home, do you have the latest version of the ax? I know there was a problem with it, delete it completely before installing the version on the forum
Yes, both downloaded yesterday directly from your forum, both fresh installs, and never had previous versions.

Hello everyone. I am hoping to get a bit of help/advice.

I am trying to create a slightly tuned version of the MX5 ND cup. The power curve is based on the BBR 220 tune for the ND Miata (https://bbrgti.com/products/bbr-mx-5-nd-super-220-2019-on-184-ps). I think i have gotten the hp/torque right and adjusted the rev range but when shifting (H-SHifter) the revs don't seem to drop correctly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might need to change or perhaps be interested in helping me out? Thanks
Check clutch torque in drivetrain maybe getting some clutch slip.

What's this? Looks very interesting indeed.
It's still Crystal Palace. (Look at the filename after opening image on new tab.)

It's the building in the infield, the partly lit road in the bottom left is the backstraight heading towards the Ramp Corner.

How are those trees, @Zwiss? - I might be better able to resolve a mystery picture, but I'm awaiting as eagerly as most of GTP, I suppose. :P

Hi, just reporting that two cars from your forum result in a crash while loading a race, the crash happens while loading the cars' audio.
Citroen ax proto and the Ferrari 355 challenge.

@lorelord
Thanx so much for the 458 gt3, feels and looks great.
what 458 are we discussing here? :embarrassed:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back