Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
A helmet is what I tried first, but not being an expert on these things, it didn't go to well. I couldn't get the helmet texture to line up right, which i'm sure I could have figured out if I took the time. The real problem was hiding the headset\sunglasses. It's attached to the pole as part of the same object so I couldn't simply hide it or the pole would get hid as well. The balaclava was my second choice, but it still doesn't solve my problem of the body shadow disappearing. Been trying to figure it out for over an hour now with no luck. The kseditor idea didn't work or maybe I did it wrong but it makes the object float for some reason.

Last edited:
So I have a problem with CM, when I press CM Showroom it opens a "Lite Showroom" isntead of the normal one... I had this problem once before but it fixed itself eventually... Can anyone help?

Excellent work. Love it. One small problem, LOD D is black.
Don't know if it can be done without causing a problem, but could you rename lod d to something else so it doesn't try to use lod d in the game?

As for the skins, I know I could resize them to 2k, but do I need to resize every file in each skin folder to keep alignments correct or can I just do the main skin file?

Last edited:
I have made a fix and minor changes to it, can I post here?

200.gif
The original was posted here by Peter who did the conversion, so it shouldn't be an issue Paulo.

Last edited:
It's fantastic the way skidmarks can be permanently written to the track surface in the latest CSP preview. If you have any tracks with unrealistically unblemished virgin tarmac, just set up a big-grid AI race with high aggression using a wide variety of cars (old F1 cars, drift cars and production cars work well). Make sure ABS is disabled and go and grab a bite to eat. When you get back your track should have a plethora of accurately-positioned skidmarks on appropriate corners that'll still be there next time you boot AC up. If you're really lucky there would have been a few spectacular crashes as well.
can this be saved so when I share the track to someone, it stays?

any good quality Quaife R4 GTS ou there? the one I have has nice quality interior but lacks the exterior.

1646358422953.png

Also any other 996 GT2 Biturbo out there? This one is full of glitches:

1646366994914.png

I would love the Ascari FGT too, if anyone has it.

1646359694867.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Is there a workaround to make certain Formula cars drivable at Monaco??? Cars like the Kunos F2004 cannot make Loews Hairpin without slowing to a crawls and even at full lock it can scrape the barrier :indiff: AI cant make the turn either. Almost seems pointless to keep Monaco installed.

Is there a workaround to make certain Formula cars drivable at Monaco??? Cars like the Kunos F2004 cannot make Loews Hairpin without slowing to a crawls and even at full lock it can scrape the barrier :indiff: AI cant make the turn either. Almost seems pointless to keep Monaco installed.
If you know how to edit the car.ini file, increase the steering ratio section value to something like 220.

I had the same issue with the beta ASR Ferrari F93A, and now they take Loews perfectly.

Last edited:
Here's one for the IT-gifted. I attempted to install the Toyota FT-1. Seemed to go smoothly, but when I attempted to launch from CM, I got an error msg: "Missing file: ac.exe" (not in the root directory). I looked. Sure enuf: gone (it had worked just fine launching AC from CM a few minutes previously. No prob, I thought; I'll just grab its identical twin saved in my backup-file Bat Cave. Sadly, Windows 10 wouldn't allow me to copy it to AC's root folder. But, I fumed, I have Administrator Permission! Apparently not. I can move, copy, rename' zip, etc., the ac86.exe (the non-CM launcher), but not ac.exe. Any suggestions? (Other than reinstalling the whole friggin' game...groan.)

Last edited:
If I could just figure out what happened to the body shadow on the ground, i'd have something I could live with. Anyone want to take a look at the .kn5 and tell me what i'm missing because I can't figure out what I did to make it disappear?

Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_rt_lime_rock_park_3-2-122-21-35-53.jpg

Here's one for the IT-gifted. I attempted to install the Toyota FT-1. Seemed to go smoothly, but when I attempted to launch from CM, I got an error msg: "Missing file: ac.exe" (not in the root directory). I looked. Sure enuf: gone (it had worked just fine launching AC from CM a few minutes previously. No prob, I thought; I'll just grab its identical twin saved in my backup-file Bat Cave. Sadly, Windows 10 wouldn't allow me to copy it to AC's root folder. But, I fumed, I have Administrator Permission! Apparently not. I can move, copy, rename' zip, etc., the ac86.exe (the non-CM launcher), but not ac.exe. Any suggestions? (Other than reinstalling the whole friggin' game...groan.)
You need to switch on full administrator access to get proper control over your files in Windows 11:

There are many videos on youtube (like this one) that also run through how to do it.

Well I feel like a fool, I fell for Ex-Mods' bull...

Was browsing mods for some reason or another and happened to stumble on their patreon out of curiosity, and saw they had a post about the 2023 C8 Z06 in their basic membership. Full disclosure I absolutely should have known it was a complete scam, the blurred picture looked like a model off of squir or something similar but I'm a fan of the car and I figured "hey it's just $5, and I can if anything use it as a base to make better and get some other cars they have if any of them are halfway decent." Lo-and-behold, that post is just a freaking advertisement of a WIP... probably won't ever see the light of day:

1646367601014.png

Anyway just wanted to mention it here as if anyone feels tempted to sign up for even their "Basic" level don't bother, most of the posts are just WIP ads. But hey I have access to their discord now! How lucky am I!

On a separate note, with all of this talk of a vintage Sonoma/Sears Point skin it got me all excited, so enjoy this video of the 1970 Golden Gate 150 for some sweet nostalgia:

You have a much stronger GPU so it makes sense you get better fps at a higher resolution.

2070S is more strong than rx 5600xt...

I managed to improve a little by disabling some functions in the AMD Panel of the card. Reduced stutterings. But on the question of disabled SMT, does it actually improve performance with only 8 physical cores?

Last edited:
I already did that, but all skins are pretty heavy, so I will need to race in a rather limited field...
And with only 9 skins the car is still 1.4GB.
You can use the skins from Legion's version. They fit. Which is excellent, cause the car runs perfectly with the rest of the 2010 gt1 pack. With this one and the recent Nissan r35 release (that one on the other hand, needs to be BOPed extremely), we now need someone to rework the horrible gt40 gt1 model and we'll have all 6 cars from the season that look good and drive excellent and are really compact and diverse race field, actually one of my favorites in AC.
Don't know if it can be done without causing a problem, but could you rename lod d to something else so it doesn't try to use lod d in the game?

As for the skins, I know I could resize them to 2k, but do I need to resize every file in each skin folder to keep alignments correct or can I just do the main skin file?
Not that way. But it's a very easy fix. You unpack the data and change the lods.ini. I know how to do it, just giving feedback to the author, so he can fix it for everybody.

Last edited:
A helmet is what I tried first, but not being an expert on these things, it didn't go to well. I couldn't get the helmet texture to line up right, which i'm sure I could have figured out if I took the time. The real problem was hiding the headset\sunglasses. It's attached to the pole as part of the same object so I couldn't simply hide it or the pole would get hid as well. The balaclava was my second choice, but it still doesn't solve my problem of the body shadow disappearing. Been trying to figure it out for over an hour now with no luck. The kseditor idea didn't work or maybe I did it wrong but it makes the object float for some reason.
I remember on RD, there is a guy who did post helmet pitcrew in the download section.

correction: did a check, all crewman with helmets but the zombificated lollipop man handles still his broomstick without the helm. sorry.

Last edited:
Look at the end of the information for Monaco safe hairpin and chicane for AI.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-x-2022-f1-2022-full-season-‘custom-championship.48033/

Last edited:
Niagara Falls v1.1
RD Link
Patreon Link
MediaFire Link

Niagara Falls conversion from rFactor.
A street circuit located in Niagara Falls, NY, who hosted the SCCA Trans Am Niagara Falls Grand Prix in 1988.
bgr_00.jpg

-CSP required
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks and Thank you for gave me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, camtool by @Viola Seven
AI, cam, drs_zones.ini, loading screenshot by @KevinK2
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666 , @RMi_wood

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added support for audience to camera_facing.
-Changed background.
-Changed truck textures.
-Adjusted billboard mapping.
-Reduced number of marshalls and cameramen.
-Reduced the brightness of tire wall textures.
-Updated Nissan bridge logo texture.
-Updated building objects.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated VAO-patch.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back