Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
I have a problem with the helmet skins in the various F1 years. I have the skins in the folders but in game you see the default helmet for everyone. I didn't touch anything, they worked fine before. could you help me?

Release!!!!
Lotus 340R 2000
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mxc8t54azondt9s/lot_340r_00_1.0.rar/file
Comverted from forza horizon 4 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Full engine AO
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by Gravel trap
-Base setup Graveltrap
-Basic Ligth Refraction
Credits:
Refraction help @RVZ
Dashboard ligths help Miguel silva
Panoramic session Start config @Daniel Nogal
Extra A-Engine Cover
Extra B- Fog light

__custom_showroom_1646421400.jpg__custom_showroom_1646421450.jpg__custom_showroom_1646421428.jpg__custom_showroom_1646421418.jpg__custom_showroom_1646421410.jpg

List and DL-Links for "original" GranTurismo-tracks avaiable in AC:

• Apricot Hill raceway + Midfield
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore
  • Autumn Ring
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Highspeed Ring
  • Kyoto Driving Park
  • Motorsports Land
  • Motorland
  • Trial Mountain
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Seattle
  • Tokyo R256
  • Special Route AX
He did miss:
  • Complex String
  • Dragon Trail
  • El Capitan
  • Grindelwald
And the "tracks" for photoshooting: Ahrweiler Winter, Kyoto Gion, Red Bull Hangar, Syracuse

Did I forget something?

Hong Kong from gt4 by Nukedrop
There are also beta's of special stage route 11 and Citta di Aria by Sonny Mastrangioli.

We're lacking a proper 964 in this game. Using the extra parts from the FM7 930 model (you can 'turn' it in into a fake 964)
I made a frankencar of sorts - like the FM7 model. A 930 Porsche with 964 bumpers, skirts, wheels and exhausts.
Interior is still the one from the 930 (think I'll change it later on - just need to source a 964 one).

It's still heavy WIP - no AO, 930 physics, you get it. I'll share it once it's done - or close to being done.

__custom_showroom_1646424903.png

I might need your help, guys...

It is about the Porsche 968 RS turbo by Shokeus ACT80's, complete name porsche_968_turbo_rs,

Can someone tell me if you have headlights in the night ?
I did some skins for this car but when I tested them, I founded out that the headlights are working but don't give any light on the road. Not very useful for a car which ran at Le mans... And it does so with the base skin, so it shouldn't come from my side. Can someone test it and tell me if it works well for them or not ?
Fixed. A fast fix. Try and tell me if it is alright.

1646425694136.png

Attachments

• lights.ini
    515 bytes · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have a problem with the helmet skins in the various F1 years. I have the skins in the folders but in game you see the default helmet for everyone. I didn't touch anything, they worked fine before. could you help me?
Hi Remus!!
This stated happening to me too. Aparently CM lost the hability to link helmets in the skin folder along the way. They will work if you move them to content\texture\driver_helmet , each on their own sub-folders, and then assign them to each skin using skin.ini
Hope that helps!

Hi Remus!!
This stated happening to me too. Aparently CM lost the hability to link helmets in the skin folder along the way. They will work if you move them to content\texture\driver_helmet , each on their own sub-folders, and then assign them to each skin using skin.ini
Hope that helps!
Thanks!! I try. However, it does so only with some, not all.

You need to switch on full administrator access to get proper control over your files in Windows 11:

There are many videos on youtube (like this one) that also run through how to do it.

@xerez: Alas, when I follow the directions for Windows 11, it winds up in "Access denied!" So, you need super-Administrator access to enable super-Administrator? How very Catch 22!

Release!!!!
Lotus 340R 2000
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mxc8t54azondt9s/lot_340r_00_1.0.rar/file
Comverted from forza horizon 4 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Full engine AO
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by Gravel trap
-Base setup Graveltrap
-Basic Ligth Refraction
Credits:
Refraction help @RVZ
Dashboard ligths help Miguel silva
Panoramic session Start config @Daniel Nogal
Extra A-Engine Cover
Extra B- Fog light

View attachment 1119837View attachment 1119838View attachment 1119839View attachment 1119840View attachment 1119841
I remember looking at this and thinking it's ugly. But also looks fun to drive! Thanks!

Wonder if we can get a Renault Spider soon.

@xerez: Alas, when I follow the directions for Windows 11, it winds up in "Access denied!" So, you need super-Administrator access to enable super-Administrator? How very Catch 22!
Grrrr. I officially hate Windows! And I mean EVERY version. If only We could run AC on OS X !!!!

Anyway... you probably now have to do the things required to allow the installation of any 'unverified app'. Copying an .exe without going through the normal install process is probably being blocked.

Many videos on youtube may help too:

Last edited:
Grrrr. I officially hate Windows! And I mean EVERY version. If only We could run AC on OS X !!!!

Anyway... you probably now have to do the things required to allow the installation of any 'unverified app'. Copying an .exe without going through the normal install process is probably being blocked.

Many videos on youtube may help too:

From the same geniuses that brought you, "It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it." It will take me a day or two to get my mojo back, then I will attack the problem with renewed vigor. Of course, as I say, I could just reinstall/verify the whole stinking mess, but I hate to admit defeat. (P.S. Just so this isn't entirely off topic, the last mod I ran before the fudge hit the fan was a 2020 Ferrari 488 Evo by "ng." Very nice; very fast.)

Last edited:
Here's one for the IT-gifted. I attempted to install the Toyota FT-1. Seemed to go smoothly, but when I attempted to launch from CM, I got an error msg: "Missing file: ac.exe" (not in the root directory). I looked. Sure enuf: gone (it had worked just fine launching AC from CM a few minutes previously. No prob, I thought; I'll just grab its identical twin saved in my backup-file Bat Cave. Sadly, Windows 10 wouldn't allow me to copy it to AC's root folder. But, I fumed, I have Administrator Permission! Apparently not. I can move, copy, rename' zip, etc., the ac86.exe (the non-CM launcher), but not ac.exe. Any suggestions? (Other than reinstalling the whole friggin' game...groan.)
You've probably already tried this, but this sounds like an Anti-Virus issue. Have you tried completely disabling any AV software (including Windows Defender real-time protection) before copying the file again?

Hi Peter. I'm really loving your Elise 190 conversion, but I was wondering how I can make the headlights turn off during the day? They are on all the time no matter what I try.
Cheers :cheers:
Correction and apologies to Peter Crill. There is no problem with the lights on the Lotus 190. The problem I was having was with CSP - but after resetting some FX modules, I think I now have it sorted.

EDIT: Uuuurgh. No. I do not have the issue sorted. 😒
EDIT2: After much swearing and some reinstalling, I think I may actually have the problem sorted for real! 😊

Now it's time to drive the Lotus 340R! 🤩

Last edited:
This in nothing but an empty kn5 and it wasnt even thought to the end.
This file will clear the pit dude only at tracks where the pit is on the right side. Tracks with pit at the left side like for example Laguna Seca or Lausitzring wont be affected. So you need to copy this empty kn5 to pitcrew_Left.kn5 in Objects3D too if you want to get rid of all scarecrows. :)
Thanks, good call! How did I not notice this before lol :dunce::lol:

Hello friends

Could anyone tell me how to solve this?

Center mirror with inverted reflection

Internal camera (the one without showing the steering wheel), or impossible to steer position

Thank you very much in advance
Screenshot_sam_mazda_roadster_nb_ks_nordschleife_5-3-122-1-59-15.jpg
Screenshot_sam_mazda_roadster_nb_ks_nordschleife_5-3-122-1-59-8.jpg

Can you make the babe with the lollypop please ?
As I wrote this isnt my mod! So no, I cant bc lack of knowledge.

And as I wrote yesterday it would be possible to place different looking girls, but I forgot something: The tire dudes! They use the same textures so they will look even scarier as scarecrow if I hit them with the girls textures. So I had to cancel this idea.
Did you resave every file or just the main car skin files (think there are two of them)?
Just the main skin.
Thanks, good call! How did I not notice this before lol
Well, I need a job too. :cheers:
Could anyone tell me how to solve this?

Last edited:
Fixed. A fast fix. Try and tell me if it is alright.
Well, no it didn't, unfortunatly... Maybe I am doing something wrong : Where exactly do I have to put lights.ini ?

For me it is in the data folder, but as I don't have one at first (only a data.acd in the main), I created one and put it in. And nothing changed :confused:

Excellent work. Love it. One small problem, LOD D is black.
Thank you for your observation, I will fix it in version 1.1

Nice version of this car, the sequential shifter in cockpit seems to be in a weird place though?
Thanks for your observation, I will try to fix it in version 1.1. Unfortunately I don't know how yet :-D

Those skins are all 4K uncompressed! Saving them as BC1/DXT1 reduces the size by 90%. :)
Skins are uncompressed. I will make a compressed version, it will be smaller in size but the quality will suffer slightly.

You need also to rename data.acd to data.bak in order for cm to read from the data folder and not from the data.acd

Last edited:
Though it would work the same way without unpacking... okay, done. lights.ini replaced in data. Still not a change in sight :/
Did you repack data afterwards ?
If so, the new data.acd will have replaced the original one, but there's probably still a data folder too.
Depending on your settings in CM the car may be using the data folder in stead of the data.acd.
See if 'Use unpacked data if exists' is enabled.
You'll find that in the DRIVE tab, left bottom, under Pro (Tyre blankets/car specific controls/use unpacked data if exists/use extended physics (experiemental).

Last edited:
Though it would work the same way without unpacking... okay, done. lights.ini replaced in data. Still not a change in sight :/
After adding the lights file inside data folder, press the 'Pack data' TAB, and immediately delete the current 'data.acd'.
Launch the car and it should work.👍
Confirmed that lights weren't working on the Porsche 968 and confirmed that now are fixed, thanx @Paulo Ribeiro
Thank you for the feedback.:)

I'll be around, but not too much. GT7 work now.😎

FREE

Porsche Carrera GT-R - Big Update (1.2)

__custom_showroom_1643347407.png

New physics, car now handles a lot more like a race car.
More confidence inspiring but will still spin if mistreated.
Various bug fixes and graphical improvements.
Physics
  • Removed hidden turbos as per real car
  • Revised drivetrain.ini
  • Rev Limiter increased from 6100rpm to 8400rpm to match the real car
  • New power.lut for better balancing
  • New tyres.ini - now keep heat better and cool properly
  • New AI profile
  • Removed front roll bar as per real car
  • New aero.ini
  • Improved B.O.P
  • Brakes revised
  • Various other improvements
Graphics
  • Steering wheel buttons now light up
  • Rim Blur Fixed
  • Break disc heating now working
  • Fixed flickering light around dash display
  • Fixed flickering rpm L.E.D lights (1,2 &3)
  • Various other tweaks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAID

Brabham BT46B

__custom_showroom_1645860007.png

__custom_showroom_1646484999.png

__custom_showroom_1646484986.png

• Real world figures
  • Working rear fan
  • Accurate cockpit, all dials working and correct including knots to mph
  • Simulated rear fan suction
  • Lauda and Watson real race suits
  • 1st car released in F1 season 1978 Detailed rework

both available at :

Last edited:
FREE

Porsche Carrera GT-R - Big Update (1.2)

View attachment 1120038

New physics, car now handles a lot more like a race car.
More confidence inspiring but will still spin if mistreated.
Various bug fixes and graphical improvements.
Physics
  • Removed hidden turbos as per real car
  • Revised drivetrain.ini
  • Rev Limiter increased from 6100rpm to 8400rpm to match the real car
  • New power.lut for better balancing
  • New tyres.ini - now keep heat better and cool properly
  • New AI profile
  • Removed front roll bar as per real car
  • New aero.ini
  • Improved B.O.P
  • Brakes revised
  • Various other improvements
Graphics
  • Steering wheel buttons now light up
  • Rim Blur Fixed
  • Break disc heating now working
  • Fixed flickering light around dash display
  • Fixed flickering rpm L.E.D lights (1,2 &3)
  • Various other tweaks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAID

Brabham BT46B

View attachment 1120042
View attachment 1120044
View attachment 1120045

• Real world figures
  • Working rear fan
  • Accurate cockpit, all dials working and correct including knots to mph
  • Simulated rear fan suction
  • Lauda and Watson real race suits
  • 1st car released in F1 season 1978 Detailed rework

both available at :

Congrats, dude. Two iconic cars, and if I'm right, two absolute firsts in terms of AC public mods? Bravo 👏

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back