Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,186 comments
Almost useless with baked VAO.
No! you can clearly see the difference on the same skin. The one without AO has missing shadows everywhere and looks unrealistic.

ufcl.png

Last edited:
Hello guys, hope you all are doing great! Here's some mod testing for this week:

Koenigsegg Jesko at Blister Berg - Insanely difficult to drive, too much power. Even if it grips, its hard to control. Blister Berg is one of the most fun tracks for Assetto Corsa, the layout is awesome, lots of elevation changes, the mod is well done.

The Jaguar XE-S is super easy to throw around, one of my favorite cars right now and a nice rival for the BMW 340i

And again ATP did a great job with this S2000 AP2 mod. Simple and efficient, well done, handles great and sounds good. Testing at Lago Maggiore in a short layout just makes it better.

And of course thanks to my friend @Atrupelador for its cams which makes my work easier and a lot more enjoyable when the track features it!

Last edited:
Honestly for me is really hard to find the differences. %0
Look at the underside of the wing. In showrooms it's hard to tell the differences sometimes but out on the track, when a car has radiating parts, it's an immersion breaker. Usually the underside of a car glowing like mad or the muffler. The biggest offender is probably white wheels with no AO. They look ghastly.

No! you can clearly see the difference on the same skin. The one without AO has missing shadows everywhere and looks unrealistic.

ufcl.png
VAO applies only in-game, while AO also in showrooms, so this comparison makes no sense at all.
You are comparing AO vs no-AO so this is a clear win for AO.
To compare AO to VAO you should take screenshots in-game.

Senza nome.jpg

Again, for me is more than enough.

Last edited:
VAO applies only in-game, while AO also in showrooms, so this comparison makes no sense at all.
You are comparing AO vs no-AO so this is a clear win for AO.
To compare AO to VAO you should take screenshots in-game.

View attachment 1134138

Again, for me is more than enough.
The car in the top picture sure looks better, but so does the pit wall and tarmac (darker)...different lighting ?

Can someone explain to me why the LODs generator suddenly stopped working?
CM tells that some temporay .fbx files can't be found...yesterday it was working fine and I didn't mess with any C: file... :confused:

I said "almost useless". I'm aware that baked AO is the way to go, but from my point of view VAO (especially v8) is more than enough, and all of my releases are good looking for me. :)
Yes I spent a lot of time on the physics side, that's why I love (to try) to be a modder. But this is a spare-time hobby so I have a list of priorities and the entry "visual" appears as the last one.

I would like to add that, as my signature says, everything we do is from the community, for the community. So if someone love to work on the visual side he can take this mod and do whatever he wants!

Completely agree. ;)
I hear what you are saying, we have discussed this before when I showed you how to add AO to skins ages ago (or maybe I was showing you comparison in game VAO/AO/No AO I can't remember exactly) But each skin in this cars case will take minutes to bake the AO quickly as the car has at least a half decent mapping. It will still look better in game for a few minutes work on top of the hours you have put in already on the physics side. I have too much on at the moment to help out, maybe someone else can jump in? Going forward, for internal AO it is still a lot better to be baked properly than relying on VAO to do the job. Don't forget the amount of times CSP breaks or has odd glitches and if your car relies on it for more than just physics, then it will suffer these problems too. Back to what I said originally though, it would be nice to have the visuals updated to as I think your cars are quite decent to drive 👍

There are two spots in the recently dropped Le Mans 1970, where folks appear to be cooking out next to the track and the smoke is drifting over the barriers? That kind of thing?

Exactly what I needed, thanks!!!!!!

New release should hopefully be out tomorrow.

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-39-54.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-40-11.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-38-25.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-39-29.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-39-37.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-40-34.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_mclaren_lasvegas23_6-3-122-17-40-59.jpg

You can feel the FPS losses just by looking at those images! I do manage a locked 60 down the strip, but I guess VR people will need to turn off some of the lights.

Hello guys, does anybody know a fix for a track where AI cant get out of the pits due to crashing to the wall ? Its one of my local tracks and I cant do a trackday because AI wont get out of the pits

Puebla Miguel E. Abed

Exactly what I needed, thanks!!!!!!

New release should hopefully be out tomorrow.

View attachment 1134183
View attachment 1134184
View attachment 1134185
View attachment 1134186
View attachment 1134187
View attachment 1134188
View attachment 1134189

You can feel the FPS losses just by looking at those images! I do manage a locked 60 down the strip, but I guess VR people will need to turn off some of the lights.
Is it possible to make the kerb colors red and black like roulette wheel? Because this will remain a fictional skin until it's drove over officially.

Maybe I working on a Peugeot 905 mod :D
Why you reactioned sad to my post? 😂😂I meant I'm going to upload the download.

I don't know if everything is set correctly, but there you have. Works for "wd_peugeot_905_evo_1b_1" car (I don't know what car is, but I know is from this site) You can manipualte the ext_config (offset and other values) in order to change anything

That is a CSP extension. You need at least the most stable version of CSP. You have to paste it inside one of the livery's folder of the car

Last edited:
Is it possible to make the kerb colors red and black like roulette wheel? Because this will remain a fictional skin until it's drove over officially.
I tried this, a lot, and it really didn't look great. I also tried Red - Black - Red - Black - Red - Black - Green to really go for the rouletteyness but it never looked real enough. The kerbs are easy to flip between red and blue though with a skin.

I already made an update last year and sended it to GzeroD by PM, dunno if he actually used it. Most the suspension actually was pretty well aligned, however the fundamentals that count physicswise were totally off. The A-arm design was almost 1:1, however both caster and KPI were not dailed in (literally 0 degrees caster, resulting in a shopping cart suspension).

For improvements I deepdived into user manuals, setup sheets and racer fora of both cars, collecting more datapoints as motion rates, spring rates, proper gearbox ratios and setup ranges. Having driven a couple of F-Fords in my younger years, the fun part was always controlling the rear end slides. Small tires low inertia and an open diff making this a skill game. I included some additional info (PDF's) in the zip file, regarding setup and general F-Ford behaviour. I reduced the backtorque of the Van Diemen and did some final tweaks on load sensitivity of the tires to make the rear a bit more controllable but as IRL you have to be quick with countersteering.

This version will not overwrite older versions (folder name prefix f1600_ , in game filter use 'Formula 1600'
You will need CSP as the Mygale uses physics extensions

Hope you like it! Enjoy and may the downforce be with you!

Download:
2022 03 Formula Ford F1600 Mod

View attachment 1128056View attachment 1128057
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the link tells me that the file is no longer on MediaFire - just FYI

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back