Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,326 comments
john helped with this 2022 version. I doubt he is going to go back and do anything with his update.
I currently have John's update installed. Just curious if I can have this 2022 version as a separate track/layout, rather than overwriting John's version (for 2019 year?).

EDIT: Maybe I should read things more carefully. :dunce: Is there a layout change included? Or does this 2022 version only have visual updates?... which would be ok to overwrite John's version.

Last edited:
I currently have John's update installed. Just curious if I can have this 2022 version as a separate track/layout, rather than overwriting John's version (for 2019 year?).

EDIT: Maybe I should read things more carefully. :dunce: Is there a layout change included? Or does this 2022 version only have visual updates?... which would be ok to overwrite John's version.
It shows as a seperate layout.

View attachment 1135175

I tried my best. This should be the best quality conversion until Pyyer release his extension. Nothing great fixed, just some slight visual changes. Everything that is not fixed it's because, I didn't see it or I couldn't fix it. With the spawn points issue, I tried to add them in a different kn5 and adding to the track through models.ini, but it doesn't work for any reason I don't know. I really hope Pyyer extension fixes that. Apart from the Grass FX, there are also the 4 DRS zones and the big red kerbs (I tried to do them the most accurate possible).

I've made a hotfix to change the grip value*

Just remember I'm not the owner of this track, just converted a modified version with 22' layout. The track belongs to ACU or RaceRfactor (idk, actually I guess those who ripped they from 😅)
I m waiting all this day for have pyver extension you are the man big thx !!!
Edit: IN CM i choose 19 car's + myself and only 3 cars are on track at the same emplacement ;)

Last edited:

You can make it a separate folder and track altogether, that's what I did. It works. Copy your Spa folder, name it spa_2022 and get rid of any skins or erroneous stuff in there. Copy over the 2022. Gonna want to get rid of the files that aren't needed and the old track UI and stuff, yadda yadda.

You can make it a separate folder and track altogether, that's what I did. It works. Copy your Spa folder, name it spa_2022 and get rid of any skins or erroneous stuff in there. Copy over the 2022. Gonna want to get rid of the files that aren't needed and the old track UI and stuff, yadda yadda.
100% what i done.

I m waiting all this day for have pyver extension you are the man big thx !!!
Edit: IN CM i choose 19 car's + myself and only 3 cars are on track at the same emplacement ;)
The .rar name is literally "still 1 pit". I wrote in the .rar to be more clear ._. but it's ok. Despite you can select more than 1 pit, AI won't spawn correctly. We are all waiting Pyyer extension :)

Could you happen to take a screen grab of the main spa_2022 folder you created so I could see what files and folders you kept. I'm trying to do what you explain, but I think i'm deleting something I shouldn't because the track keeps crashing. Would love to have these as separate tracks because I don't want to lose the ext_config stuff for the older version when I want to race that one. Thanks...

Could you happen to take a screen grab of the main spa_2022 folder you created so I could see what files and folders you kept. I'm trying to do what you explain, but I think i'm deleting something I shouldn't because the track keeps crashing. Would love to have these as separate tracks because I don't want to lose the ext_config stuff for the older version when I want to race that one. Thanks...
I have it like this so far. I can get rid of a couple of more things but I just wanted to try it out. This would work.
1649463649665.png

Well you've obviously done some self tweaking because you have a few .kn5 files i've never seen before for Spa. Thanks for the pic. Now I understand where I was screwing it up.
It's just older stuff accumulated throughout the years. You can go through the models_2022.ini and see what it points to kn5-wise and get rid of the rest. The other needed kn5's are in the extension folder. Plus I would make sure you only see the 2022 track to select in the UI, if you have two and select the old one, it will point to stuff that isn't there anymore.

Wondering if I could get a quick eyeball opinion of these two pics. I'm trying to get the warm\cool balance right on the tree textures. The difference is subtle, but if you focus on the distant tree line going around the bend you can pick it up. Do you think the top more warm feel one is a better starting point or the bottom, bluer one. Or if you think they both suck, please say so and I can start over. I like the top one because I tend to gravitate to warmer scenes so I have a habit of overdoing the warm feel.

I realize right now they are both probably too dark, but you have to understand how I do this. I make sure all the textures fit together first and then I can raise and lower the brightness equally on all of the textures with one batch edit of the files. Thanks for any opinions...

warm.jpg

cool.jpg

Lake Superior v1.0

View attachment 1135042
View attachment 1135043

features:
  • 10 unique layouts
  • 54 pit/grid
  • things in the sky

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::

You made my dream come true, this track is awesome. Tks!

so it will wipe out the pre2022 extension of Johns. I ended up making a copy of the stock spa folder and named it spa_2022 then added this addon to it. works fine that way. I did delete the UI stuff for the original spa from the cloned track ui folder. I now have pre 2022, as well as 2021 with the Pyyer extension.

Lake Superior v1.0

View attachment 1135042
View attachment 1135043

features:
  • 10 unique layouts
  • 54 pit/grid
  • things in the sky

credits:

Just some "small" suggestions :D:

Lake Superior v1.0

View attachment 1135042
View attachment 1135043

features:
  • 10 unique layouts
  • 54 pit/grid
  • things in the sky

credits:

Nice track!
Just a little FYI, I know it's fictional. I understand that, but Cheboygan is in Michigan and the Geo Tags show the track as in Mackinaw, Mi. Technically that would be on Lake Michigan from the tags, from Cheboygan, that's Lake Huron and Lake Superior is on the other side of the U.P. :lol:
No worries though, just pointing it out cause I live here. :D (The red pointer is on Cheboygan.)
1649469750337.png

Love all the layouts! Probably why there was Pure Michigan Signs all over the track.

I have the same problem, I'm going to buy a new internal sdd for my pc and I want to move everything in the new folder but I don't know if I can do copy paste or not
The easiest way because i've done it before is this. It will preserve all of your settings, tracks, cars, etc. so you don't have to download everything again. You need to make copies of 2 or 3 folders from your old drive. The folders in bold, not the whole directory paths.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
C:\Users\'username'\Documents\Assetto Corsa
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager (if you use Content Manager)

Get your new PC setup just the way you want it. Load drivers for your wheel, video card, etc. Download and install the base game from Steam. Launch the game once to get it fully installed I think. Can't remember because it's been awhile since I had to do this. It won't effect the next steps if you do launch it once so you might as well try it.

Now go to the folders I listed above on your new drive and change their names to assettocorsa1, Assetto Corsa1 and AcTools Content Manager1 (safe keeping in case something goes wrong and you want to start over. Won't have to download the game again). You may not have two of these since you didn't launch the game. Now copy the 2 or 3 backup folders you made from your old drive to the equivalent locations on the new drive where you renamed the folders. All done. Game should look and function just like on your old PC. All mods, settings, etc. Once you are sure of that, you can delete the renamed folders or keep them as backups. That's what I do so I can always revert back to the base game if need be.

Hope that makes sense. It's a pretty easy process and saved my butt a number of times. On a side note, you might consider backing up those three folders on a periodic basis so if the game ever gets screwed up, you always have a backup with most of your stuff in place. I do this about once a month to a backup drive and it's kept me from having to downloaded all my mod tracks and cars over again.

Last edited:
Question for the PC folks, bought a new PC, going to reinstall AC to it. What is the best way to migrate installation from the old PC to the new one? It basically lives on its own SSD on the old PC, is there a way to maybe physically move the drive over and maybe repair the installation through steam or something? Since like many I have a lot of mod tracks/cars would be a pain to try to track down everything and reinstall them....
Make a fresh install of AC on your new PC, delete "cars" and "tracks" folders, then copy the "cars" and "tracks" folders from your old SSD.

Nice track!
Just a little FYI, I know it's fictional. I understand that, but Cheboygan is in Michigan and the Geo Tags show the track as in Mackinaw, Mi. Technically that would be on Lake Michigan from the tags, from Cheboygan, that's Lake Huron and Lake Superior is on the other side of the U.P. :lol:
No worries though, just pointing it out cause I live here. :D (The red pointer is on Cheboygan.)
View attachment 1135259

Love all the layouts! Probably why there was Pure Michigan Signs all over the track.
Petoskey! The prettiest little town in lower Michigan.

Wondering if I could get a quick eyeball opinion of these two pics. I'm trying to get the warm\cool balance right on the tree textures. The difference is subtle, but if you focus on the distant tree line going around the bend you can pick it up. Do you think the top more warm feel one is a better starting point or the bottom, bluer one. Or if you think they both suck, please say so and I can start over. I like the top one because I tend to gravitate to warmer scenes so I have a habit of overdoing the warm feel.

I realize right now they are both probably too dark, but you have to understand how I do this. I make sure all the textures fit together first and then I can raise and lower the brightness equally on all of the textures with one batch edit of the files. Thanks for any opinions...
For me, the top/1st looks better.

Last edited:
I have previously converted La Dehesa.
shi
La Dehesa v1.0
Converted from rFactor. Earlier I posted v0.32.
View attachment 1084628
Fictional track in Spain.

Clean install required!
-CSP required
-32 pit/start (East layout only 25 pit/start)
-4 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ @entrevias , the author of the rFactor version. Thank you for making this Track freeware.
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@KevinK2 , AI, drs_zones (long layout)
@DaBaeda , cam (long and sprint layout, edit by me)

v1.0 changelog;
-Add East and West layout
-Add new physics road surface
-Adjusted shaders
-Adjusted ext_config
-Updated preview, UI
-Add cam by DaBaeda, edit by me
-Add AI and drs_zones by KevinK2
-Change name 24h to long
-Other fine adjustment

Enjoy.

Last edited:

View attachment 1135248

View attachment 1135249
The differences are so subtle on those pics. I think the acstuff image diff tool would be useful for these kind of comparisons, free for everyone to use: https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/

Nice track!
View attachment 1135259

I can change it to Petoskey on the next update. (I think Cheboygan is typical and sounds funny is why I used it)

Hey guys, need a bit of help here.

I decided to move my AC install to an external SSD because the internal HDD on my gaming laptop is getting full. Steam's "Move Install" function doesn't work (possibly because I have too many mods, and they are LZX compressed). So my workaround is to install a fresh AC on the new SSD, and then copy the content folder over. Took me a whole day to move 2500+ cars and 570+ tracks, but it's done. I need to compress all the files again on the new SSD, but haven't done so yet.

I pointed Content Manager to the new install directory, and it recognises it. All the cars and tracks are there, and loading has been increased significantly. So far so good. But upon taking to the track, I'm only getting 20-30 FPS no matter the car/track. Haven't changed any graphics settings, I made sure vsync off and all the usual stuff. Acs.exe set to run at High Priority in Task Manager, run as Administrator, make sure to use GPU instead of Intel Graphics, make sure laptop is plugged in (on battery it can throttle performance). No luck. Even the benchmark mode is also getting 20 FPS.

Out of desperation I pointed CM to the old install on my HDD (haven't deleted yet just in case), and now even on the original install I'm only getting 20-30 FPS. So I don't think it's a problem with running the game off an external drive.

I'm out of ideas. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance 👍

Last edited:
Well you've obviously done some self tweaking because you have a few .kn5 files i've never seen before for Spa. Thanks for the pic. Now I understand where I was screwing it up.
Do you call the track Spa 2022 in the track folder. Many thanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back