Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
TitleImage.jpg

Every F1 World Champion for Pessio's RD1 Porknose.
Start01.jpg

Just released on RD! Happy Easter GTP 🐰

Last edited:
View attachment 1137593
View attachment 1137604

So cool !! And I don't even care for real drivers, let alone world champions. Just an original idea, a good line-up, and big work on it. Clapclap with both hands !

View attachment 1137593
View attachment 1137604

This is just... BRILLIANT! 👏

If it's about the multiple number plates: there is nothing wrong with showroom and there's nothing 'wrong' with the skins either. The modder has provided different areas for the number plates depending on the series. It is of course a pita when you want your personalized previews.
In game it has only one number plate, but if you want only one plate in showroom and in previews, you need to make a 'preview kn5' that temporarily replaces the car kn5. Can be done in ksEditor (@delpinsky thought me how to do it). For this particular car, to get all skins right, you even have to make a couple different kn5 files.
Here's my (screenshot) preview of the Ring Taxi skin with all the extra numberplates removed, thus showing the underlying numberplate. Iirc, this particular preview kn5 is needed for skins #6, 9 and 22, where the numberplate is baked in the skin.

View attachment 1122813

Edit: here two preview kn5 files I mentioned.
Backup the original kn5 and replace with one of the two preview kn5, depending on the skin. You need to rename the preview kn5 to the original name: amg_evo.kn5.
Make previews and then replace the preview kn5 with the original kn5 again.

https://mega.nz/file/6PIikBgZ#_lGakYsse_kHOrmptzhrO_s2b6XWiXS7xnd3UgWhibg

Needless to say it will only work for this particular car. Other cars from the same modder need different files to achieve the same.

Is there any chance to reupload the files? thank you!!

i've updated A LOT of hillclimbs track which i never ever released (yet) with cams, CSP and all the things you know...
Most of them are done under request from people who had them (purchased or not i don't even know the source sometimes) that's why i never released them basically, but here's a list of what i've done:

• Almofrei
  • Coppa Nissena
  • Fasano Selva
  • Iglesias Sant'Angelo
  • Reventino
  • Glava Zete
  • Krajiska Zmija
  • Assetto.es - Subida Al Fito v100719 by Assetto.es for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Loros Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Parakueyos Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Pujada Pollastre v0.7 (040820) by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - St Luzia v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Subida Al Fito 2020 v090520 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Ventoses Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • TomSimSide - iBergrennen v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
  • TomSimSide - Waldau Freies Bergrennen v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Halisa Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Iba Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - Subida A Chantada 2020 v110620 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
  • EMI - Subida Al Garbi v1.0 by EMI for AC 1.16.4
  • TomSimSide - Bergrennen Shelsley-Walsh v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
  • TomSimSide - Bollenbachtal v0.91 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - St Ursanne v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
  • CSR - La Braguia Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
  • Superstage - Falougha Hillclimb v1.0 by Superstage for AC 1.16.4
  • TomSimSide - Bergrennen Prescott Speed Hill Climb v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4

I still have few of them to do, then i will release a standalone pack which can be shared due to the fact no payware stuff are includeed in the pack (like for Superstage or Lemax ones)
Would you mind share your configs for Glava Zete and Krajiska Zmija already please? :)

Lots of skins for SMP's BR03 here:

Not my skins. The mod's creator posted these below my review over on Race Department.
If you haven't tried the mod yet, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Can you tell me how to fix this I´ve got Pyyer´s extension installed and the correct melbourne track.

Attachments

• 20220414180718_1.jpg
    20220414180718_1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 1137593
View attachment 1137604

Great great pack! Thank You! I hope for Schumacher on Ferrari (5 titles) and Lewis on Mercedes (6 titles).

Last edited:
OFFER/OPTION

This is not for everyone. Requires a bit of diligence and care.
I don't have ANY of the actual data files/folders in content/cars or content/tracks.
My AC install is on an nVME drive, my AC library is on another HDD.

My car and track libraries are organised by folders which suit me and are not important in this context.

I'll written two batch files, which are placed on my desktop for easy access.
The batch files are folder drop targets. You drag and drop car or track folders from almost any file manager (even 7Z) onto them, and they take the dropped folder (or folders) and create junctions for those folders in content/cars or content/tracks, depending on which batch file you drop on. NB. NO nested folders, just single-level folders like you have in content/cars or content/tracks. There IS NO error checking. I wrote them for me. That said, you're creating a junction, not anything potentially catastrophic, and Windows does some housekeeping (can't create duplicates etc). So I don't think anything will explode, but your data, your drives, make backups.

Tech Note: A junction is like a shortcut, except for the OS. To Windows or any app that uses Widows file management, that folder looks like it's there, except it's not, it's on another drive or what-what.

So in content/cars and content/tracks, you only have junctions. Delete button in CM deletes the junction only, not the files.
This wouldn't solve the memory problems if if you just dragged and dropped ERRYTHANG, but it opens the possibility to only have what you're interested in at the moment, in your content folder.
Like say one JDM car and 6 Touge tracks. (that's how I use it, anyway). With these small numbers CM struggles less.
I also have a sandbox folder for cars and tracks I'm not sure about and don't want to add to the library before I've had a go with them.

You could do this by copying only the cars/tracks you want rn to the AC content folder, but SSD's have a finite life and write/delete cycles like I can do now would be bad for the drive. Every folder has 100's of files.

There are some more caveats to note, but this post is long enough already.

Happy to post the batch files if anyone is interested, but I won't be tech-support for anyone's Windows install :)
Hah! No.
Thank you. I would like to see your batch files.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back