Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,040 comments
Lots of skins for SMP's BR03 here:

Not my skins. The mod's creator posted these below my review over on Race Department.
If you haven't tried the mod yet, I highly recommend it.

Well, that made my day. Thanks zb.

Version 3.2 - Released 2022.04.12
RENAULT CLIO R.S. CUP X98 (2013)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

This is what should (hopefully) be the final version physics wise.
Obviously we'll implement any new CSP features that will come out in the future.

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• delpinsky, maki123 & masscot for updates to the base mod

FEATURING
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• CSP extended physics with aero maps
• CSP advanced brakes system
• minor edits to physics
• minor visual enhancements

FULL CHANGELOG v3.2

Aerodynamic
• more precise frontal area
• revised body aero map
• adjusted wings position

Powertrain
• corrected idle rpm
• revised idle rpm logic
• revised gearbox inertia
• tweaked throttle LUT
• minor adjustments to drivetrain

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new rear suspension geometry
• revised suspensions setup
• implemented CSP advanced brake system
• new (self-developed) tyre model
• new tyres performance and wear curves
• added tyre blankets temp

Visual
• minor edits to PBR materials
• fixed rear lights
• now all skins have Michelin tyres textures
• regenerated VAO patch

Other changes
• slightly decreased car mass
• corrected car polar inertia
• updated linear steer rod ratio
• adjusted fuel tank position
• revised AI fuel cons
• decreased reserve fuel to 5
• adjusted collider position
• corrected graphic offsets
• tweaked real mirrors
• updated setup options
• regenerated LODs files
• updated CM previews (new style)
• regenerated some livery icons

View attachment 1136780

DOWNLOAD
I seem to have a issue with this car. In showroom and previews it looks good, but in game all lights, grill etc turn very dark. I suspected it was a CSP thing, but I tried several versions, allways the same result.
Any ideas ?

SHOWROOM
showroom.png

IN GAME
in_game.png

Also the racing numbers/names on the rear side windows don't look allright...

Hi there if anyone want to check the model, here is a link.

Not all textures and included and parts like the cockpit, Steringwheel and Rims full quality.
the cars is 98% ready with lods, but just in next days i will be in the right computer with all available.

cheers

Attachments

• nissan_nismo.39.jpg
    nissan_nismo.39.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi folks, I found a new mod from Gadu Boyz. Is the Alfa Romeo SZ, you can download through the link in the description of the video
(didn't try it). Inside the channel you can find 2 variations of the same model.
Cheers

Even though the mod is free, I can't find any way to download the car without joining Patreon or discord. Is there another download link I'm missing?

Last edited:
Laptop, you said.
How's the SSD linkage ? what type, what port, is it a MB direct port or not ? Usually, the MB will not focused on an external support for CPU and GPU usage... It depends on the port. For exemple, on a common desktop, the SATA ports for SSD and HDD linkage have the CPU priority, you would need an external SATA port directly pointed to an internal one to get the same efficency. Without it, it will still work tho, just not efficiently.

It may be a hint on your trouble. May not, depend on the config and your MB.

EDIT : oh, and outside of hardware consideration, remember that antivirus and windows defenders systems HATE everything that is not "internal" based. it's like asking him to go through american security airport every morning to go to work...
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what type is the USB port, all I know is USB 3.0. I already added an exception to my antivirus to ignore the SSD as well.

In the end, I ended up doing a full Restart of the computer (not just the hybrid shutdown in W10). That seems to fix the problem with low FPS somehow. Weirdly, I noticed my HDD also gains quite a lot of free space (around 5GB+), even though I haven't deleted my old AC install folder yet :odd: I did a quick check of all my other important files and none seems to be missing.

Anyway, everything is working smoothly now. Loading up CM is blazing fast. Previously it would take like 5 minutes to load all the cars and tracks, now it's only a few seconds. Loading up big tracks like the Shuto Expressway also a lot faster. So I think the USB port is up to the job :)
Try this.

Yeah that's one of the first things I tried. Doesn't help but thanks anyway for trying 👍
The original install was on C:. After a half-dozen attempts to repair that one (including uninstall/reinstall, flushing the Steam cache, etc., etc.) I tried a brand-new install on D:, which lead to the same dead-end as before: a message about "disc write failure" towards the end of the (incomplete) install. My C: and D: are separate SSDs. It's extremely unlikely that both SSDs developed bad sectors (or whatever) at the same moment. Therefore, something bad must be stuck somewhere in some sub-basement of Win10 (yes, I tried W11; hated it). I suppose I could offload everything (we're talking terrabytes here) onto an external drive, reformat C: and D: and start all over again, but I just can't. I've sunk 5 years of my life into this game (which has given me some priceless moments, like winning a league race at my favorite track in my favorite car). I have nothing left to give. So I'm retreating to my private island in the British Virgins (no phone, no TV, no Internet) to lollygag on the beach, sipping margaritas and thinking of you guys. Fins up!
I got the "disc write failure" too when I first attempted to move my AC install to SSD. I changed the format from exFAT to NTFS and that fixes it. I read that FAT formatted drives can't handle single files that are over a few GB in size, so that may be the problem.

Best of luck if you're still trying to repair it mate :)

I seem to have a issue with this car. In showroom and previews it looks good, but in game all lights, grill etc turn very dark. I suspected it was a CSP thing, but I tried several versions, allways the same result.
Any ideas ?

SHOWROOM
View attachment 1137857

IN GAME
View attachment 1137859

Also the racing numbers/names on the rear side windows don't look allright...
Everything is fine on my side. Someone else has this problem?
If it looks fine in showroom then surely it is something CSP related..
or maybe.. do you have Pure? If so, check VAO setting on Pure config and let me know.

Last edited:
or maybe.. do you have Pure? If so, check VAO setting on Pure config and let me know.
And I have something between the 2 @Fanapryde pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_accr_renault_clio_rs_cup_x98_rt_bannochbrae_15-3-122-8-53-50.jpg
    Screenshot_accr_renault_clio_rs_cup_x98_rt_bannochbrae_15-3-122-8-53-50.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 12
No PURE... latest SOL and tried different CSP versions.
I see that @Breathe has the issue too.

PC1 had some cool cars, like the LMP1 Lola Aston. That didn’t make it to PC2.
it might sound off-topic so if it's irrelevent mods you can delete this but it has been modded over to PC2 and plus hearing about the SP700R coming to AC is good news I think a few of the GT3s got ported over aswell like the RUF and the Ginetta along with the Cadillac (in mind the mods isn't the best but enough to grid fill)

..then what I can guess is that the problem could be related to ppfilter setting and its relative LUA config, but I'm afraid to say that I cannot really help you since I'm not an expert of those config files.
I still had the previous Clio in my backup which never had issues. Tried that again and it has the issue too. Thing is, I haven't changed any CSP settings lately, always use _sol PP filter. And (as far is I checked), no other cars are affected.
Going to try other PP filter to check.

EDIT: all PP filters checked, issue always there.

EDIT2: reinstalled SOL and the issue is gone :)

Last edited:
I still had the previous Clio in my backup which never had issues. Tried that again and it has the issue too. Thing is, I haven't changed any CSP settings lately, always use _sol PP filter. And (as far is I checked), no other cars are affected.
Going to try other PP filter to check.

EDIT: all PP filters checked, issue always there.

EDIT2: reinstalleded SOL and the issue is gone :)
Great, I'm happy to know it! :)
I hope you enjoy driving the car!

I got the "disc write failure" too when I first attempted to move my AC install to SSD. I changed the format from exFAT to NTFS and that fixes it. I read that FAT formatted drives can't handle single files that are over a few GB in size, so that may be the problem.
@Real Toonces
Toonces, I think LeGeNd-1 may be right on the money with this tip. exFAT can even have problems with files just over 32mb... which explains why I hate Windows, whether we're talking about 10 or 11. For the last two decades or more, Microsoft have just been putting operating system updates around a hideously out of date core. In my opinion, it's just rubbish these days.

Last edited:
hi guys, found this truly amazing looking mod of a 370z ,

but the thing is , the side mirrors are not working...
would anyone here know how to fix this? (it's not encrypted and data can be unpacked w CM)

cheers!

hi guys, found this truly amazing looking mod of a 370z ,
but the thing is , the side mirrors are not working...
would anyone here know how to fix this? (it's not encrypted and data can be unpacked w CM)

cheers!
Same mod, same version, but working mirrors: https://sharemods.com/7nwdlo65hv76/ks_nissan_370z_cup_p2p.zip.html

mirrors.png

PS: excuse the slightly distorted view where the bezels are located, it's a screenshop with triple monitors.

Last edited:
Smart mirrors? I'm noticing recently that a few cars are being released with borked mirrors and the modders rely on Smart mirrors to do the work for them.
I only checked the download from @jac0 and the side mirrors were blurred indeed. The version I posted is also 2.1 but with working mirrors. I did not compare files though.
I do use smart mirrors, but if was about that, both versions should have worked, right ?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back