Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,107 comments
Hi folks, I am after a good Mazda NB (2nd gen) MX-5 for my father to drive in AC as he recently bought a real one. Anyone know of any good standard unmodified versions around?

Any help is much appreciated!
I do have only one NB and it is right hand drive but it is mazdaspeed? Mod by KILIN and I have a note to make wipers for it but I never did because of lack of time available. Hope this is good for you father

sorry silly question but where do you put the files within the Jarama folder?
Oops. There I go again doing something in a hurry. Forgot the folder structure.

Assuming you use Content Manager. Make a 'skins' folder in the Jamara folder. Open it and make a 'cm_skins' folder. Extract the files into the cm_skins folder. Then choose the skin in Content Manager.

Without Content Manager. Make a 'skins' folder in the Jamara folder. Open it and make a 'default' folder. Then you need to extract the 3 files from whichever skin you want to try into the default folder. Test the look. To try another, extract that skins 3 files and overwrite the 3 files in the default folder. Test the look. Do the same to try the third one.

Hope that makes sense.

Off topic. Anyone have any suggestions for reducing the performance impact of the car lights when driving at night? It kills my average system. Cuts my fps in half.

Last edited:
Oops. There I go again doing something in a hurry. Forgot the folder structure.

Assuming you use Content Manager. Make a 'skins' folder in the Jamara folder. Open it and make a 'cm_skins' folder. Extract the files into the cm_skins folder. Then choose the skin in Content Manager.

Without Content Manager. Make a 'skins' folder in the Jamara folder. Open it and make a 'default' folder. Then you need to extract the 3 files from whichever skin you want to try into the default folder. Test the look. To try another, extract that skins 3 files and overwrite the 3 files in the default folder. Test the look. Do the same to try the third one.

Hope that makes sense.

Off topic. Anyone have any suggestions for reducing the performance impact of the car lights when driving at night? It kills my average system. Cuts my fps in half.
Thanks for the instructions! Will try it out now.

Just about to try this track for the first time. I'll see if I can come up with something real quick. Be back shortly.

Better? More green, darker green, lighter green? I tried to keep some of the original browned out look. I can go full on green if you prefer, but it looks out of place against everything else.

View attachment 1139144

EDIT: Try these and see if any work for you. The folder names explain the difference. Let me know if you find one you like but need it adjusted a little. I can do that easily. It's only 3 files.

Jarama Grass Test

I should know better than to try and do something quickly. Redownload if you already have. And delete the old folders. I had everything screwed up.
Dang Joe! That was quick! :bowdown: I don't think full on green is needed. I'm using the Balance version. If there is a tweak, I would make it slightly darker overall. But that's just my preference. It's already better than the original color. Thank you!

Dang Joe! That was quick! :bowdown: I don't think full on green is needed. I'm using the Balance version. If there is a tweak, I would make it slightly darker overall. But that's just my preference. It's already better than the original color. Thank you!
Yeah, it was only a matter of tweaking 3 files so it went pretty fast. Best tweak suggestion I can give you is just play around with each file individually, then test and see what happens. Darkening the grass-b file will darken all of the grass textures at once. I used small Curve adjustments on that one, but you can try just a brightness adjustment. Or darken the sbancamento_C texture which I think only impacts the level of the brownish areas. I added a little bit more green to that texture which is why things don't look so brown. Not exactly sure what the grass-mask_NEW file does exactly because I never did test that one by itself. I know from past track skins i've done that lowering the brightness on the mask does lower the brightness of the grass. Give it a try and see what happens. Now you got me curious. Think i'll go do some experimenting.

There's actually another grass texture involved in the mix, but I didn't adjust that one so it's not included. It's the one for the green grass areas.

EDIT: Yes, lowering the brightness on the grass-mask_NEW file will lower the brightness on the grass. I'd say try that one first. Don't know what program you use, but trying going -5 on the brightness slider. If you want a little more saturation, you could also do a slight saturation increase on the grass-b file. Again, go in small steps. Here's what I came up with. I think it fits in with Shi's original intended look by keeping some hint of a dried out look, but isn't as off putting as the original grass.

Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_jarama_2009_17-3-122-23-42-39.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it was only a matter of tweaking 3 files so it went pretty fast. Best tweak suggestion I can give you is just play around with each file individually, then test and see what happens. Darkening the grass-b file will darken all of the grass textures at once. I used small Curve adjustments on that one, but you can try just a brightness adjustment. Or darken the sbancamento_C texture which I think only impacts the level of the brownish areas. I added a little bit more green to that texture which is why things don't look so brown. Not exactly sure what the grass-mask_NEW file does exactly because I never did test that one by itself. I know from past track skins i've done that lowering the brightness on the mask does lower the brightness of the grass. Give it a try and see what happens. Now you got me curious. Think i'll go do some experimenting.

There's actually another grass texture involved in the mix, but I didn't adjust that one so it's not included. It's the one for the green grass areas.

EDIT: Yes, lowering the brightness on the grass-mask_NEW file will lower the brightness on the grass. I'd say try that one first. Don't know what program you use, but trying going -5 on the brightness slider. If you want a little more saturation, you could also do a slight saturation increase on the grass-b file. Again, go in small steps. Here's what I came up with. I think it fits in with Shi's original intended look by keeping some hint of a dried out look, but isn't as off putting as the original grass.

View attachment 1139184
Hey buddy, do you want me to send you the textures I've used in my screenshot on the last page?
I went for a grass / dirt mix. Maybe you could work with these and include them as another option?
I'm not sure if it makes much sense for both of us to be making skins for the same track at the same time when people could download a single file that includes both options.

Last edited:
Yes, lowering the brightness on the grass-mask_NEW file will lower the brightness on the grass. I'd say try that one first. Don't know what program you use, but trying going -5 on the brightness slider.
I opened the track with 3dsimed and reduced the ksAmbient and ksDiffuse grass values from 0.35000 to 0.20000...

... and there's another way to do it ? Oh boy.

Anyone know where i can find Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition or in race car version ?

It was my favorite car when i play at Gran Turismo when i was child and it will be funny to drive it again in my simu !😍

Nope, no CSP feature, is a simple glitch of AC which happens sometimes when you hit in hard way (and not only) some collisionable object like fences, woods or similar

Remind me of this hilarious glitch that happen to me while ago, I just have to savor the moment.
Edit: Last time I'll post something without context Jesus!!! :confused:
1650278062647.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey buddy, do you want me to send you the textures I've used in my screenshot on the last page?
I went for a grass / dirt mix. Maybe you could work with these and include them as another option?
I'm not sure if it makes much sense for both of us to be making skins for the same track at the same time when people could download a single file that includes both options.
I missed that post. Sorry about that. If you want, send them to me and I can include them as an option or visa versa. I will stop and you can just use what I posted and include it with yours. Either way works for me.

I opened the track with 3dsimed and reduced the ksAmbient and ksDiffuse grass values from 0.35000 to 0.20000...

... and there's another way to do it ? Oh boy.
Does doing that make the grass greener or just darker?

Last edited:
I missed that post. Sorry about that. If you want, send them to me and I can include them as an option or visa versa. I will stop and you can just use what I posted and include it with yours. Either way works for me.

Does doing that make the grass greener or just darker?
People have been doing this for years and years, its about as easy as it gets doing track skins new trees etc.
Every time you do it it's like you invented something.

La Dehesa 1.2
Conversion from rFactor.
Fictional track in Spain.

Screenshot_formula_gran_turismo_ladehesa_4-9-121-22-31-51.jpg

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start (East layout only 25 pit/start)
-4 layout

Credits & Thanks;
Created for rFactor by entrevias. Thanks for creating this track and making it freeware.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, drs_zones (long layout) by @KevinK2
cam by @DaBaeda (long and sprint layout, edit by me)
flying stuff and flagmen by @Masscot
-Original Animated flagmen by doublezero
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @Masscot

Known Issues: GrassFX is not applied under the bridge.

v1.1 changelog;
-Objects were aggregated to improve performance.
-Fixed holes.
-Added some normal map.

v1.2
-Added flying stuff and flagmen by Mascot. (Thanks!)
-Added bushes.
-Smoothed skidmarks.
-Fixed hole.
-Added groove.
-Added logo by Fanapryde. (Thanks!)

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

Last edited:
People have been doing this for years and years, its about as easy as it gets doing track skins new trees etc.

I don't get that impression at all. From his posts and updates (including the one you quoted) I get the feeling that the guy is still learning the tricks of the trade. And, as far as I'm concerned, the more modders we have, the better. AC is eight years old at this point, and it is people like this - and all of the other modders present here - that are keeping this sim alive.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean. How do you get the impression that I think I invented something. I'm just trying to help someone out who would prefer a different look to the grass. And I certainly don't understand the attitude, but do me a favor, keep your opinions to yourself. There not going to impact what I do moving forward so there is no point in opening your mouth and looking like a fool.

Anyone know where i can find Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition or in race car version ?

It was my favorite car when i play at Gran Turismo when i was child and it will be funny to drive it again in my simu !😍

@Zin5ki I updated your FTO a little while ago, I think I passed it on to you, did you forget maybe? Anyway here it is with a little update:

• added a body map to txMaps
  • made mirrors use mirror.dds + ksreflection shader
  • improved LODs
  • improved steering wheel texture
  • added shadow casting to a lot of meshes
  • separated dial needles for lighting
  • lit dial needles
  • made VAO
  • separated and animated wipers
  • made more internal glass for the rainfx
  • made windscreen banner semi-transparent
  • aligned turbo arrow dummy
  • body and glass shaders more closely matching Kunos figures
  • added exhaust particles
  • enabled all of the dashboard dials (water, oil temp, oil pressure)
  • fixed brake glow
  • added brakedisc fx
  • adjusted brakes as they were too strong and locking rear wheels too early

1650284461448.png

@Zin5ki I updated your FTO a little while ago, I think I passed it on to you, did you forget maybe? Anyway here it is with a little update:

• added a body map to txMaps
  • made mirrors use mirror.dds + ksreflection shader
  • improved LODs
  • improved steering wheel texture
  • added shadow casting to a lot of meshes
  • separated dial needles for lighting
  • lit dial needles
  • made VAO
  • separated and animated wipers
  • made more internal glass for the rainfx
  • made windscreen banner semi-transparent
  • aligned turbo arrow dummy
  • body and glass shaders more closely matching Kunos figures
  • added exhaust particles
  • enabled all of the dashboard dials (water, oil temp, oil pressure)
  • fixed brake glow
  • added brakedisc fx
  • adjusted brakes as they were too strong and locking rear wheels too early

View attachment 1139293
to be honest this is good that it got updated hopefully you update his other cars so these can have more love to the models if they look well...yah know what.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back