Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Where did you find that Matra? I need at least one vintage Matra for my grid.
I think that Matra was never released, it looks terrible porting it to Assetto given the lack of polygons that model has.

However thread on RD shows some great work being done with a scratch made MS650 work in progress

Last edited:
NEW FRENCH TRACK PROJECTS

Circuit Fay de Bretagne
View attachment 1108630

Circuit de Fontenay le Comte
View attachment 1108631

Anyone interested in making updates and improvements for these 2 new tracks ? These tracks were made by a French modder who no longer has time to work on it.
Please contact me privately
I have all the files to continue developing the tracks (RTB) sorry but I'm not modder ...

thanks for your help

Hi. What about Fontenay le comte track. Have you a copy ? I will be interested because i have a race on Real track and i want it to practice and know the track. Thanks a lot.

Hope Pyyer doesn't get upset, but here is my take on his two F1 mods and the stock track for Imola. Let's be clear, I take no credit for these. These are all Pyyer's work. I just made some changes to make a few things more to my liking.

-- Darkened up the tree textures. There is actually 3 variations on tree brightness. Default is set to medium. You can edit the ext_config and activate the lighter or darker version (ACTIVE = 1). Make sure to deactivate the mid option (ACTIVE = 0).
-- Edited the seasonal adjustments so that fall doesn't come as early and winter is not as long.
-- Edited the lights so that the track state lights show on the indicators (pit lights, lights above S/F line, etc.) Pyyer's had the glow of the lights but for some reason the actual light was not coming on. Could just be my system. Maybe I use a buggy CSP version.
-- Removed the 3D trees because I hate them. Can be turned back on by deactivating (ACTIVE = 0) the option in the ext_config.
-- Small grassfx change to make the grass grow over time. Stupid change I know, but I still included it.
-- Groove skin to get rid of purple tinted groove line and make it dark grey\black.
-- All of his original configs are included in a separate folder to easily revert back to defaults if you prefer. No need to download the mod again.

Imola Update
Original link updated to new version.

-- Corrected some issues with grassfx spawning on road\concrete surfaces just off the main track (the little inlet roads). Not sure how I missed this one considering how many laps I turned testing the last version. Still might see the occasional road with some grassfx if you really go looking.
-- Restored grassfx on some grass materials that did not have them.

BTW, think i'm going for Feldberg next. It's looks cool with a nice fall color update.

Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_bizzarrini_5300_feldberg_25-3-122-21-56-56.jpg

Last edited:
Random question from the audience...

Does anyone know if it's possible to specify the three letter driver codes allocated to each skin? Maybe via the ui_skin.json or skin.ini? I suspect it isn't possible but it would be so nice if these could be made to match:

Codes.jpg

For the record, "DHI" is used here because there are three champion Hills on the grid (Damon, Graham and Phil). Same issue with SCHumacher and SCHeckter and of course Nico and Keke ROSberg.

Last edited:
I think that Matra was never released, it looks terrible porting it to Assetto given the lack of polygons that model has.

However thread on RD shows some great work being done with a scratch made MS650 work in progress

Thanks for the heads-up. I look forward to a future release, especially if it has a proper screaming Matra sound track.

Which has better performance, sol 2.2.2 or pure 0,78?
It depends on how you define "performance". If you just see the single fps number, then Sol runs a little better in some situations, like noclouds or 2dclouds. But Sol uses a technic, called rare update. So not every frame the world calculation is updated. This gives you more fps, but just the number is higher, because it is always avaraged!!!

The difference to Pure is, Pure calculates the world every frame, but with a much better code, which reduces the memory losses to a minimum. Sol produces a crazy amount of memory losses every world calculation. Its was my former knowledge of LUA coding. But with Pure i fixed ALL that memory leaks and so LUA runs much faster.

So the main difference is, due to Pure updates every frame, you have a much better frame flow, cause every frame time is like equal, which reduces stuttering. Just open the CSP Render Stats and compare Sol and Pure and you will see.

For a simulator with moving content, its much more important, to have a steady frame time, than higher frames per second. Thats one of the cornerstones of Pure, besides its much better lighting and exposure calculation.

So imo, Pure has the better performance, if you have the simulator background in mind. But it misses thunder and lightning for now.

Also with the very soon released Pure 0.93, it has 360° sky textures, which boosts the performance further. Due to this is just a single texture, every weather has the same performance graphic wise.
Pure 0.93 has also a much better integration of the "no post processing" mode. With its new exposure calculation, you have such auto exposure, even with Yebis deactivate. This gives a crazy fps boost and for the most VR users is the key for high native fps with their headsets.

So technically Pure is much more advanced than Sol. All the weather effects form Sol and much more of them, will come if Pure 1.0 is released to the public. After that, i start Sol 3.0, with Pure as a base...

@ClaudioWRC74 would you say the track is worth it ? I'm kind of hesitating...

@ninezeroniner Nice package ! just seeing the forgotten little ATS-V R classified as a "fictional" is a bit sad for her :D
Test by @gutbomb and I think the same thing

Barber Motorsports Park
Testing Car: VRC Formula North America 2018

Folder name
: barber_motorsports_park
Author: Terra21
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2rwf83moefoaio1/barber_motorsports_park.rar
This version of the track has a very rFactor look to it. The track mesh is also not very smooth, so it's very hard to drive an indycar here. The trees are also pretty repetetive. It's not ugly, it's just not refined. Track lights look really weird and have a fake glow texture and aren't actually lights (tried at night, the place was pitch black)

Folder name: vrc_alabama
Author: VRC
Download: Pay Mod https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/22
Now this is refined. This version is fantastic. Textures are sharp, trees look great, and the track surface is as bumpy as the real place looks on tv. Definitely download the skin pack from racedepartment to have the proper sponsors and branding since it's a pay track so it had to go with a generic fictional name. This track is easily worth the cash they ask for it.

add-ons for VRC Alabama (paymod) :
- kerbs : https://www.racedepartment.com/down...or-vrc-barber-alabama-motorsports-park.31611/

- Cams TV by @DaBaeda (4 to 8) : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/vrc_alabama_cams-zip.1142621/

- Cams TV by ckkjw398 (3) : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vrc-alabama-tv-cameras.26264/

- Skins 2019-2020 by Delta7Fox : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/barber-motorsports-park-2019-2020.25585/

- AI update by @KevinK2 : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-vrc-alabama-barber.35122/

- GrassFX : (add an extension folder and inside "ext_config.ini"
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass,outerland,roadtr
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0
SHAPE_CUT = 0.5
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1.5
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road,kerb,roadpatches
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road,roadpatches
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass
LINES_MATERIALS = line

- Surfaces updates by @dathyr : (vrc_alabama\layout\data and add in "surfaces.ini)
[SURFACE_7]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

look at in your private messages !!!!!!!!!!!

Pure 0.93 has also a much better integration of the "no post processing" mode. With its new exposure calculation, you have such auto exposure, even with Yebis deactivate. This gives a crazy fps boost and for the most VR users is the key for high native fps with their headsets.
Hi Peter, does this mean simply turning off post-processing in the video settings when Pure 0.93 arrives? Or do I need to change anything else? Thanks for your superb work as always!

It depends on how you define "performance". If you just see the single fps number, then Sol runs a little better in some situations, like noclouds or 2dclouds. But Sol uses a technic, called rare update. So not every frame the world calculation is updated. This gives you more fps, but just the number is higher, because it is always avaraged!!!

The difference to Pure is, Pure calculates the world every frame, but with a much better code, which reduces the memory losses to a minimum. Sol produces a crazy amount of memory losses every world calculation. Its was my former knowledge of LUA coding. But with Pure i fixed ALL that memory leaks and so LUA runs much faster.

So the main difference is, due to Pure updates every frame, you have a much better frame flow, cause every frame time is like equal, which reduces stuttering. Just open the CSP Render Stats and compare Sol and Pure and you will see.

For a simulator with moving content, its much more important, to have a steady frame time, than higher frames per second. Thats one of the cornerstones of Pure, besides its much better lighting and exposure calculation.

So imo, Pure has the better performance, if you have the simulator background in mind. But it misses thunder and lightning for now.

Also with the very soon released Pure 0.93, it has 360° sky textures, which boosts the performance further. Due to this is just a single texture, every weather has the same performance graphic wise.

So technically Pure is much more advanced than Sol. All the weather effects form Sol and much more of them, will come if Pure 1.0 is released to the public. After that, i start Sol 3.0, with Pure as a base...
So new CSP preview (which is mandatory for new Pure 0.93 AFAIK) is just around the corner Peter?

Original link updated to new version.

-- Corrected some issues with grassfx spawning on road\concrete surfaces just off the main track (the little inlet roads). Not sure how I missed this one considering how many laps I turned testing the last version. Still might see the occasional road with some grassfx if you really go looking.
-- Restored grassfx on some grass materials that did not have them.

BTW, think i'm going for Feldberg next. It's looks cool with a nice fall color update.

View attachment 1142727
Unfortunately our Imola config brought up the old bridge which was removed via CSP (and in real life) already (the one after turn 3). Can you fix that?

Last edited:
You lost me there Peter :rolleyes:
Reading and hearing that Pure is/will be so much better and will in the end completely replace Sol…

Hi Peter, does this mean simply turning off post-processing in the video settings when Pure 0.93 arrives? Or do I need to change anything else? Thanks for your superb work as always!
Yes, just turn off PP in AC video settings. All other things are automatic.

New version of my reality reshade suite. Ver 6.5. Reworked all the Broadcast profiles according to Natural Mod ppfilter Please see attached video for final result. Please leave a comment with your thoughts

Video demonstration

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back