Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,074 comments
umb
nice livery but unfortinately quality of this mod is very low :-(
you are right umb, but as we do not have the choice of a different Venturi 600 LM I choose to do the skins to complete the grid. It would be an absolute pleasure to see the Venturi cars in high quality. These cars have played a very important role for the comeback of sportscar racing in the early 90's...... for now I am very grateful, that zin5ki worked on the cars.

no credits to me for giving you the download for the car? and telling you step by step multiple times how to do it? okay fairs
Have we reached a peak now, people getting aggressive over not being credited for giving someone the download for a car?
Really??

If you followed this mythical code of crediting now it would be 3 pages long. So I just don't bother.
Once you dig into rfactor mods you see that many came from even older games or borrowed bits from older games mods.
If we then need to credit each person from 16 years ago to today that gave the download to someone...well we'd be here all night.
Sounds about as fun as adding pit boxes on 3dsimed....

Last edited:
Anyone had problems with AC crashing at loading with some of Bazza's Legends GTC and GTR cars? It seems to be CSP related because they load fine with it disabled.

Can't seem to attach the report file.

Here in comparison.
BMW M1 street has the correct size.
BMW M1 Procar is even larger than "Moby Dick". :grumpy:

1663092413077.png

I'm no expert, but since no one has answered, let me give it a shot.
I don't believe the castor is directly editable.
Different suspension types do it differently, but if you look in suspensions.ini for a car which uses DWB (Double WishBone) suspension, you'll find (example):

WBCAR_TOP_FRONT=0.4654, 0.1025, 0.045
WBCAR_TOP_REAR=0.3935, 0.0925, -0.21
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.5363, -0.1025, 0.06
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.4191, -0.0988, -0.2253
WBTYRE_TOP=0.1229, 0.1425, -0.005
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0753, -0.0825, 0.035

Seems like these values describe the 4x DWB suspension mounting points on the chassis (WBCAR_xxx), and the 2x wheel upright top and bottom (WBTYRE_xxx). The difference between the top and bottom WBTYRE_xxx in the y-axis (front-back) would produce the castor angle. I'm not sure which point they are all in reference to, but for your purpose that's not important. Just remember that in AC the y-axis is positive at the back and negative at the front. So, assuming (!) X,Y,Z then making second value in the WBTYRE_TOP thruple larger (more positive) would create more castor. Smaller (or more negative) would reduce castor. The numbers are in meters judging from other suspension values, so small changes, yes?

Hope that give you a lead to work from. Please make backups.

:cheers:

Daggnabit. Ninja'd by @Beezer215 (and I might be wrong about Y/second)
That's a wonderful thorough explanation. :)
If I make changes, I usually start with the top value but looking in CM Showroom with suspension checkmarked on Car to see all the good bits and whatnot, it's ok to also bring the bottom value forward to keep it centered on the wheel. If you want to be a tad OCD with it. There's some other values that are given within CM Showroom along with seeing where your castor is like KPI.
1663093860062.png

Here in comparison.
BMW M1 street has the correct size.
BMW M1 Procar is even larger than "Moby Dick". :grumpy:

View attachment 1192516
I know. But it's not easy to scale it down, without a lot of work. All animations will be gone and need to be redone from beginning. At first: i'm not good with animations and second: i'm not motivated enough to redo all animations😅

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but since no one has answered, let me give it a shot.
I don't believe the castor is directly editable.
Different suspension types do it differently, but if you look in suspensions.ini for a car which uses DWB (Double WishBone) suspension, you'll find (example):

WBCAR_TOP_FRONT=0.4654, 0.1025, 0.045
WBCAR_TOP_REAR=0.3935, 0.0925, -0.21
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.5363, -0.1025, 0.06
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.4191, -0.0988, -0.2253
WBTYRE_TOP=0.1229, 0.1425, -0.005
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0753, -0.0825, 0.035

Seems like these values describe the 4x DWB suspension mounting points on the chassis (WBCAR_xxx), and the 2x wheel upright top and bottom (WBTYRE_xxx). The difference between the top and bottom WBTYRE_xxx in the y-axis (front-back) would produce the castor angle. I'm not sure which point they are all in reference to, but for your purpose that's not important. Just remember that in AC the y-axis is positive at the back and negative at the front. So, assuming (!) X,Y,Z then making second value in the WBTYRE_TOP thruple larger (more positive) would create more castor. Smaller (or more negative) would reduce castor. The numbers are in meters judging from other suspension values, so small changes, yes?

Hope that give you a lead to work from. Please make backups.

:cheers:

Daggnabit. Ninja'd by @Beezer215 (and I might be wrong about Y/second)
AC uses X,Z,Y format i believe

as for suspension, it's organized like
Screenshot 2022-09-13 142856.png

and castor can be changed by adjusting the z or y coordinates of the wbtyre
caster normal.png
castor big pos.png
castor big neg.png
castor up.png

though also keep in mind AC flips the caster sign (also don't use showroom for actual susp modifying)

Last edited:
One of the patreon modders has finally woken up to that then. Hope they all don't. You can pay 2-4 quid and download a whole bunch of mods then cancel, as opposed to each mod being £2. Patreon is a gift. :D
It's even worse. Since only at the first of each months the payment happens you can simply get everything for free.

That's a wonderful thorough explanation. :)
If I make changes, I usually start with the top value but looking in CM Showroom with suspension checkmarked on Car to see all the good bits and whatnot, it's ok to also bring the bottom value forward to keep it centered on the wheel. If you want to be a tad OCD with it. There's some other values that are given within CM Showroom along with seeing where your castor is like KPI.View attachment 1192527

AC uses X,Z,Y format i believe

as for suspension, it's organized like
View attachment 1192531
and castor can be changed by adjusting the z or y coordinates of the wbtyre
View attachment 1192532View attachment 1192533View attachment 1192534View attachment 1192535

though also keep in mind AC flips the caster sign (also don't use showroom for actual susp modifying)
Thank you both. Notes made! 👍

This was the original and I just unpacked the data and modded the car.ini

Not sure even if I did it correctly but it runs for me
I found the mod, just running version = ex-2 (with data.acd deleted) wasn't working for me hence why I asked.

Also, try running this
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
instead of [_EXTENDED] as you have it. And also make sure data.acd is actually deleted (the 'unpack data' tab in CM should be greyed out)

I found the mod, just running version = ex-2 (with data.acd deleted) wasn't working for me hence why I asked.

Also, try running this

instead of [_EXTENDED] as you have it. And also make sure data.acd is actually deleted (the 'unpack data' tab in CM should be greyed out)
That worked, the car feels appropriately helpless in the monsoon.....

So if the car doesn't seem to respond to extended physics weather its because their car.ini doesn't have the right parameter?

That worked, the car feels appropriately helpless in the monsoon.....

So if the car doesn't seem to respond to extended physics weather its because their car.ini doesn't have the right parameter?
That parameter is what enables rain physics to be a thing, so yes. When you tick the 'use extended physics' box in the drive tab all it does is add that line into car.ini (i think maybe some other fixes too can't remember

yet another reason why encryption is stupid

Thank u guys @Short_Circut - @andrevr and @Beezer215 for the explaination about adjusting the caster.
The problem is that the car doesn't have the option (WBTYRE_TOP) at the front so i can't change the caster number.

View attachment 1192562
Well of course a strut suspension won't have upper wishbone :P

Adjust the strut links (the big red line sticking up), STRUT_CAR/TYRE (also don't rely on showroom for susp editing)

The wait is over, V1.0 of the FVA conversion is now here !
1663101610564.png

Big thanks to flasher and Gianmarco Fiduci for their help with the textures, and momosoundmodding for the engine sound.

V1.0 feature the F10, F10b and F150 with fully functional suspension and drs animation (yeah I grow up ^^).

The 3 cars are converted from the game as well as the drivers helmet.

some updates are planned later to eventually fix some problems that might arise, and bring the converted tracks from FVA.

Additionally I have setup a whole GitBook around that game that is kind of a Wiki, collecting as many informations, videos and pictures so that the game will never be forgotten.

Link : HERE (please share the GitBook link instead of the Sharemods one since it'll be easier for me to update the mod)

1663102622697.png

1663102641328.png

1663102666594.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if it would be possible to change the font of the Bayro 4 GT3 (M4) dashboard to the original font of the car? The original font for the BMW M4 GT3 is the CPMono_v07 Plain. Font files attached. tks

View attachment 1192340
That would be in digital_instruments.ini I believe
Yes, that's right, friend. However, the font finish on the panel is not good. I used the GUI application for font editor, but still, it didn't look good. This is a work for professionals. Who knows someone makes it and puts it up for sale?
Thanks anyway, mate.

The wait is over, V1.0 of the FVA conversion is now here !
View attachment 1192581

Big thanks to flasher and Gianmarco Fiduci for their help with the textures, and momosoundmodding for the engine sound.

V1.0 feature the F10, F10b and F150 with fully functional suspension and drs animation (yeah I grow up ^^).

The 3 cars are converted from the game as well as the drivers helmet.

some updates are planned later to eventually fix some problems that might arise, and bring the converted tracks from FVA.

Additionally I have setup a whole GitBook around that game that is kind of a Wiki, collecting as many informations, videos and pictures so that the game will never be forgotten.

Link : HERE (please share the GitBook link instead of the Sharemods one since it'll be easier for me to update the mod)

View attachment 1192582

View attachment 1192583
View attachment 1192584
Never knew FVA also had the 458 Challenge as well, planning to convert that as well in the future? Would love to see it.

excatly what i thought too. but I'm afraid that actk might then take over the same folder name and release it as his version again and with autoupdate in cm too. but i will rename the next version. and as i saw and i got some responds from others, he ****ed up the 2.0 version. he does a quick and dirty patch and didn't checked all the things i changed. someone said it doesnt look good now with his version and downgraded to 1.75 again.

it will take some time for my new patch, because of my job, but i will work as soon as possible on the update.

edit: btw EASY banned me from his discord😂 i didnt wrote anything there, just wrote him a pm that he forgot to mention me for the textures and the new dash he used in his v2.0. oh, and blocked pm now too 🤦‍♂️ 😂
Glad I caught this before pressing the button.
I knew looking between the 1.75 version and their "2.0" release that yours was definitely the better of the two.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back