Big thanks to flasher and Gianmarco Fiduci for their help with the textures, and momosoundmodding for the engine sound.
V1.0 feature the F10, F10b and F150 with fully functional suspension and drs animation (yeah I grow up ^^).
The 3 cars are converted from the game as well as the drivers helmet.
some updates are planned later to eventually fix some problems that might arise, and bring the converted tracks from FVA.
Additionally I have setup a whole GitBook around that game that is kind of a Wiki, collecting as many informations, videos and pictures so that the game will never be forgotten.
Link : HERE (please share the GitBook link instead of the Sharemods one since it'll be easier for me to update the mod)
If you could place the single skin here, that would be appreciated (don´t want to download the whole file again). Also, why are F1 2010 cars also included?
I'm sorry, but it still gives me the no file error. I've also tried in other browsers
EDIT: nvm, tried it on Firefox after this comment and that worked. Didn't work on Opera and Chrome though (keep in mind Opera is Chrome based). Thanks for the awesome conversion!
I'm sorry, but it still gives me the no file error. I've also tried in other browsers
EDIT: nvm, tried it on Firefox after this comment and that worked. Didn't work on Opera and Chrome though (keep in mind Opera is Chrome based). Thanks for the awesome conversion!
Fictional circuit in Brazil.
Conversion from Grand Prix 4.
-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam
Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Paulo Blanco (Prblanco), Ruben Greidanus (Turbo Lover)
-Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)
AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI lines, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by IMEAN
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
logo.png and Sections file by @Fanapryde
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde , @Breathe
Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;
Added 3D terrain.
Added Sections file by Fananpryde. (Thanks)
Updated ext_config.ini.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
v1.2 changelog;
Updated pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Re-created groove/ skidmarks.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Updated tree wall normals.
Fixed tree mapping.
v1.3 changelog;
Even when CSP settings → General Patch Settings → CPU optimizations → Chunks optimizations are set to Advanced, ground objects are no longer hidden. (Tested with CSP 0.2.12-preview1.)
Updated ext_config.ini.
Updated road and grass mapping.
Added pit tents and garage doors.
v1.4 changelog;
The guardrails now have thickness.
Fixed the aspect ratio of the Billboard logos. (Thanks Mascot for the report.)
Removed the Treewall and added trees.
Added Sand edges.
Updated ext_config.ini. (Brightness of grass and road)
v1.5 changelog;
Added AI lines, sidelines and ai_hints.ini created by IMEAN. (Thanks!)
Fixed guardrail normals.
Changed road surface textures.
Updated surfaces.ini. There is a penalty for cutting Track side surfaces. (Suggested by Quark67)
Just a question, are any of the top livery artists interested in doing the Australian raced JPS livery for the DRM BMW E21 320?
The car was raced in the Aussie sports sedans in the early 1980s by Alan Grice then Jim Richards.
It also run in Craven Mild livery before the JPS.
The real thing has since been restored back to its original IMSA condition
A little of the history and some other photos can be found here https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/iconic-bmw-sports-sedan-for-sale/
I started trying to do it, but the pin striping is beyond my skill set.
I always smile when I read how they translated company BMW to English "Bavarian Motor Works" which just means, re-translated to German, that a Bavarian motor works.
Right I'm going to release this pocket rocket. Gone as far as i feel i can at this stage.
Info on these is 'light', but roughly same weight and power but its not 'study level' as they say in flight simming.
From rfactor 1 so is what it is and I'm not going to put a random cockpit in there. IMO looks great from outside a few meters away.
This is for racing, so before you download, think, "do i spend 98% of my time driving around la canyons in a BMW convertible with 50 inch gold wheels in VR looking at the interior"
If so, don't download it. (if sharemods is even working).
Its simple pile the grid full and race, done, no messing, just single make racing, actual racing.
Front Lights are stickers in real life and the rear lights i treated the same, but they should be brake lights but couldn't do them.
Its a silhouette car so if it doesn't drive like your Astra from 2007, I'm sorry, it won't.
Its basically a Brazilian stock car full fat but with the power lowered with a pretty cute body plonked on top.
Pirelli zeros from the stock cars are on it.
It's like 0.6 because the glass needs interior which i can't do.
If you run having visual wheel off, like me, then for this you'll need it on as the info is on the wheel and it looks too bare without it.
That's about it, a racing car that IMO looks ace. I'll stick it out there and see if it can get to 1.0 with some more skills.
I am only few weeks into this converting thing, no bells and whistles here no CSP itunes playing whilst you 'cruise' on this no andriod app thing or whatever. No wipers, its brazil, its sunny, a lot.....
I learnt to convert so i could get the types of cars i'd like to see more of, you don't have to download it or like it. I do and that's why i converted it.
Right I'm going to release this pocket rocket. Gone as far as i feel i can at this stage.
Info on these is 'light', but roughly same weight and power but its not 'study level' as they say in flight simming.
From rfactor 1 so is what it is and I'm not going to put a random cockpit in there. IMO looks great from outside a few meters away.
This is for racing, so before you download, think, "do i spend 98% of my time driving around la canyons in a BMW convertible with 50 inch gold wheels in VR looking at the interior"
If so, don't download it. (if sharemods is even working).
Its simple pile the grid full and race, done, no messing, just single make racing, actual racing.
Front Lights are stickers in real life and the rear lights i treated the same, but they should be brake lights but couldn't do them.
Its a silhouette car so if it doesn't drive like your Astra from 2007, I'm sorry, it won't.
Its basically a Brazilian stock car full fat but with the power lowered with a pretty cute body plonked on top.
Pirelli zeros from the stock cars are on it.
It's like 0.6 because the glass needs interior which i can't do.
If you don't run having visual wheel of, like me, then for this you'll need it on as the info is on the wheel and it looks too bare without it.
That's about it, a racing car that IMO looks ace. I'll stick it out there and see if it can get to 1.0 with some more skills.
I am only few weeks into this converting thing, no bells and whistles here no CSP itunes playing whilst you 'cruise' on this no andriod app thing or whatever. No wipers, its brazil, its sunny, a lot.....
I learnt to convert so i could get the types of cars i'd like to see more of, you don't have to download it or like it. I do and that's why i converted it.
Fun fact: While I was adjusting the suspension a couple of version ago I let some people drive the car to get some feedback how it feels due to lack of real data. Most of them complained that it was too hard to drive, so I changed some settings to make it a tad more understeering. But some of my testers still thought it is too hard to drive while others thought its fine now. To my personal taste it is too understeering, but you always have to compromise.
Some observations.... The car is still using a front strut suspension, which is wrong as the real car has DWB all around.
Suspension wise I don't think it would make sense to put the rear rollcenter as low as it is currently. A higher roll centre will reduce the moment arm, and therefore roll moment. Raising the roll centre can decrease the roll couple generated in a corner and reduce overall body roll. In addition, lowering the moment arm between the roll centre and the centre of gravity will reduce the roll inertia, improving the roll response.
I expect the CoG to be a little higher, especially the rear should be a few cm higher than the front due to the mass concentration of the engine. The rear A-Arms have no anti-squat geo build into them, which can lead to nasty on/ off throttle weight transfer, I'm sure BMW have thought about that
Might be the final update for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak. V0.84
Thanks to Raymond Racing again, slight discrepancy in the suspension setup now fixed.
Video courtesy of @bongady Meant to replace the data for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak, which was originally from RallyWorld and then updated by AssettoRallyGRB. Physics have been reworked using available sources albeit some not implemented...
What you can see is that there are no godrays in sunset and sunrise but as I took a closer look to this I found out that there was a huge problem within the filter and .lua script that required a complete overhaul of the code.
So here it is, included some new things like changing from post processing ae to pure ae what brings further benefits. Ah... and... the code is completely updated to support Pure 0.130+ features. Enjoy!
Changelog PureLIFE 2.6
PureLIFE EVO GTS:
• reworked lighting
• reworked sun glare and godrays (decent)
• removed pp autoexposure, using pure ae instead
• ready for pure 0.130+
Yeah, my love for that game is what pushed me forward, you can't imagine how painfully hard it was to find the different exe of the game. V1.0 I found it from an old Russian torrent file that took 5 days to download (the seed was activated the 4th day miraculously), and for V1.4 (F10b and F150) I had to harass every YouTuber that have done a video about FVA and asking them if they still had the exe of FVA. This took actually longer than the conversion process
But thankfully I managed to prevent that game to fall into the abyss and try to make it live with Assetto Corsa. (Until I find a way to crack down the always online requirement of the game)
Yeah, my love for that game is what pushed me forward, you can't imagine how painfully hard it was to find the different exe of the game. V1.0 I found it from an old Russian torrent file that took 5 days to download (the seed was activated the 4th day miraculously), and for V1.4 (F10b and F150) I had to harass every YouTuber that have done a video about FVA and asking them if they still had the exe of FVA. This took actually longer than the conversion process
But thankfully I managed to prevent that game to fall into the abyss and try to make it live with Assetto Corsa. (Until I find a way to crack down the always online requirement of the game)
Really you are a reall passionnate, and we all thnk you for the work, the love you put into this. And I'm Sure even Kunos guys will thank you that their work is not forgotten^^.
Can't wait to download it, just 2 questions:
Concerning the F10 and B spec, the shark fin is the only difference?
And about the Mugello into it's 2010 iteration, from what I saw in videos the grandstands has to be removed, and some ads need changes but aside that, nothing really change no?
Really you are a reall passionnate, and we all thnk you for the work, the love you put into this. And I'm Sure even Kunos guys will thank you that their work is not forgotten^^.
Can't wait to download it, just 2 questions:
Concerning the F10 and B spec, the shark fin is the only difference?
And about the Mugello into it's 2010 iteration, from what I saw in videos the grandstands has to be removed, and some ads need changes but aside that, nothing really change no?
F10 early season has the early mirrors, no sharkfin and the rims doesn't have the double circular Ring cover.
F10b has late mirrors as well as this aero package
As for the mugello, there was an assetto corsa interview back then made by kunos where they talked about the laser scan technology they first used in ferrari virtual academy, and talked about how they worked
Basically since renting a track to do the laser scan was very costly, they opted out for another technique which is to capture the data quickly with the scan and sort it through back at their head quarters. And from that data they gathered they rebuild the track.
I think that's how it they also made mugello for assetto corsa. Why rent the circuit again 4 years later when you can just work on top of the data you already collected. Especially when you're kunos which at the time wasn't that big yet.
That explains why the Ferrari virtual academy track and assetto are very much alike. The base track is the same, but the details are different
But the reason why I want to convert those track is to use the FVA texture in assetto. Unless I can find the Way to turn it into a skin