Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,766 comments
Hungaroring Rally Special Stage - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

Not the prettiest one but a neat enough idea - racing around the Ring and in between the grandstands.

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_hring.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
As I wrote: I don't even care if the wiper is crooked or straight or small or big, as long as it wipes the screen sufficiently to make it possible to see the track/apex (in rain races and using cockpit view obviously, I'm not a follow cam/hood cam driver).

Since we can't get another set of useful wipers in the pits like IRL, it would be great if the actual wiper (whatever shape) would clean a bigger windscreen area (at least in the drivers FOV), which was my whole point.
I was able to increase the wiper's range of motion a bit via CSP config, but you might still end up having to follow RSS's advice:
1669802004990.png

CSP wipers for RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8/Toyota GT-One TS020:

The recess in the bonnet was obviously not designed for the wiper to reach that far...
1669807707145.jpeg

When using the CSP wiper, I get that nasty shadow at the wiper's original position which isn't there when using the default wiper animation. No clue what causes this, though I have seen this on other mods as well.
1669807319620.jpeg
It is also irritating that there are rain drops visible under the window banners, which is unrelated to the CSP wipers.

Last edited:
I was able to increase the wiper's range of motion a bit via CSP config, but you might still end up having to follow RSS's advice:
View attachment 1212000

CSP wipers for RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8/Toyota GT-One TS020:

The recess in the bonnet was obviously not designed for the wiper to reach that far...

When using the CSP wiper, I get that nasty shadow at the wiper's original position which isn't there when using the default wiper animation. No clue what causes this, though I have seen this on other mods as well.

It is also irritating that there are rain drops visible under the window banners, which is unrelated to the CSP wipers.
Thanks, that's at least a slight improvement, but still it's necessary to follow their lame suggestion to get a better sight. But then you get to see the irritating raindrops under the banners even clearer.
As I see it, a straight wiper as an option would come in useful, but since RSS has no hard changes planned...

Last edited:
Downloaded and tested it.

I already knew the circuit and that's a good visual improvement for an underrated track in my opinion. Fun street circuit with low powered cars that needed some love at some point, but still there are some flaws that already affected the original version of the track. The main one is the timing object positioning: if you go to the pits, the timing object on the finish line does not score you (because the left one doesn't cover the pit lane) and when you rejoin the track you are tracked as one lap down. To fix it, it's necessary to move the left timing object far left, beyond the pit area. Also, if I remember correctly, all the timing objects are positioned weirdly around the track, so the first intermediate is positioned immediately after the finish line, which doesn't make any sense.

Some time ago I tried to "give some love" to the original track a little, so if you don't mind I'd like to give you some suggestions of what I've done in my version and what I wanted to do:
  • In the 3D file, try to fix the timing objects as I said before, and also try to flatten the asphalt a little bit. In my opinion the original track has too many bumps (you feel it especially driving F4 cars and similar), but especially at the end of the back straight seems like the car is about to split in half, and ok, it's "provincial Russia" but anyway it's too much :D I've done it in Blender (yes, all the format conversions are quite a pain in the butt) and the track became way more enjoyable all around;
  • Implement some better asphalt and groove textures;
  • Add some surroundings. I get your point to get rid of the awful original 2D trees, but now the scene looks too empty in some sectors, so try to "compensate" it. A line or two of your new trees on the inside of the back straight (since that area is supposed to be an urban park) can do the work, as well as some spectators on the side of the road.
  • Try to rework the pit lane. In my version I did this: I retraced the AI line to force them to stay on the left side on exit to avoid some dangerous rejoining, then tried to design pit entry/exit lines that were more recognizable from the normal traffic lines, and finally added some sort of gazebos to add some life to the pit lane.
  • Also, I noticed that some spectators on the main straight's grandstands seem to float in the air.

Keep up the good work!
If you want, I can pass you my personal version (with fixed timing objects, more flattened asphalt and some additional pit lane objects) so you can get some inspirations, let me know!
Hi SimoneMX950

can you share your version ?

Can someone check something for me. When you do a race (not hotlapping) on Red Bull Ring using Pyyer's F1 2022 mod, do the new grandstands he added have crowds in them?? Mine don't and i'm trying to figure out if it's just me and does my ext_config hide them in some way. If they don't have crowds, i'll edit the camera_facing file to include them and add it as part of my RBR mod.

Thanks for checking...

Last edited:
Can someone check something for me. When you do a race (not hotlapping) on Red Bull Ring using Pyyer's F1 2022 mod, do the new grandstands he added have crowds in them?? Mine don't and i'm trying to figure out if it's just me and does my ext_config hide them in some way. If they don't have crowds, i'll edit the camera_facing file to include them and add it as part of my RBR mod.

Thanks for checking...
I've crowd everywhere

I've crowd everywhere
Dang. Don't know what's wrong then. I even tried using just the CSP config and Pyyer's mod so my changes were being ignored and I still didn't have crowds. Can I ask, do you have track adjustments turned on and how do you have the crowd options set under track adjustments?

Last edited:
Thanks. Could be I don't see them because I have the new spectator rendering turned off. I'll have to turn it back on and see what happens.

EDIT: That was it. Good to know it wasn't my config. I might still edit the camera_facing file for myself since I don't use that option. It causes dark shadowed spectators to appear when in practice mode when there's not supposed to be any spectatotrs.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's at least a slight improvement, but still it's necesaary to follow their lame suggestion to get a better sight. But then you get to see the irritating raindrops under the banners even clearer.
As I see it, a straight wiper as an option would come in useful, but since RSS has no hard changes planned...
I added a second config that replaces the original wiper with some random straight wiper (original link updated):

1669819980245.jpeg1669820196100.jpeg
VAO perhaps?
maybe, but I'm wondering why the shadow isn't there when using the default wiper animation...

Last edited:
Hi guys,

the Ferrari F40 in its BPR version has been updated. You will find the download under: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sixh4xbv5hi5lg/ferrari_f40_comp_bpr94.7z/file

I am currently working on the Pilot-Aldix skins of the 1995 season:

View attachment 1211964
View attachment 1211965View attachment 1211966
View attachment 1211967

Pilot-Aldix #40 Jarama 4H 1995
View attachment 1212025

Pilot-Aldix #40 Monza 4H 1995
View attachment 1212026

Pilot-Aldix #40 Paul Ricard 4H 1995
View attachment 1212027

There are many many more skins in the make, they and the ones shown above will be released with the race packs. The next pack will be Dijon 94 which I hope to have ready in the first half of December :-)
It would be good to add some LODs and cockpit_lr, coming in a further update?

Hungaroring Rally Special Stage - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

Not the prettiest one but a neat enough idea - racing around the Ring and in between the grandstands.

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

View attachment 1212028
Where i can find that car?

@pk3r72owns : Silver Queen Raceway is an excellent track, but Silver City is even better. Unfortunately, the AI line is definitely problematic on that too – especially when cars cross the start finish line. At that point, the AI cars slow down suddenly and dodge and weave like Pastor Maldonado. It would be really awesome if you could fix that. Then it would be an absolute 5-Star track, for me at least.

In the original post from 2020, you said, "I do feel a bit of pressure to keep putting out new content on Patreon, and therefore am building up a hefty backlog of tracks that are about 90% done. I think I need to take a month or two off from making new ideas and requests, and just finish a lot of the ones that are very close to crossing the finish line."

In my humble opinion, it would be much better to add the final polish to a bunch of your current unfinished tracks before starting on even more new content that doesn't get that last 10% completed. I subscribed to your Patreon for many many months, but the fact that few tracks got properly finished was the very reason I stopped. A great track will never be a really great track unless it has proper AI and cameras.

I hope you take this message in the spirit in which I'm posting it. I genuinely love a number of your tracks, but just wish they were 100% finished so that I could enjoy them without a tinge of frustration. :cheers:
Yeah, well y'know that's just like your opinion man.
I'm sorry you felt the need to bring this up, and I know I need to do better, who knows maybe one day you'll re-subscribe.

But yeah, jokes aside, I have been working my arse off to get things finished / polished, and had a bit of a fight with Covid.

For free on Race Department alone in the last few months there's been...

August
-Sebring 1966

September
-Anglesey Circuit complete revamp

October
-Kart Bahn Wohlen
-Mallory Park overhaul

November
- Chuckwalla Valley LiDAR revamp
- the work I did on Ascari with Shin and Mike08

Then there's all the stuff that isn't publicly available yet.

the finished version of Kuwait Motor Town.

1669826735536.png

1669826755407.png

1954 Southport Gold Coast Grand Prix

Ozarks

Area 27

Heartland Topeka

ThunderHill

So yeah, the truth is, I do have a lot of unfinished tracks, but I'm slowly getting things finished and sorted - also there's a bit of a drought in requests at the moment, which is letting more of my backlog get some attention.

Silver City, is so close to being finished, so it'll likely be my next fictional track to get finished. But as you may have noticed, there's definetly been a shift towards real life tracks recently.
1669827042704.png

As for Silver Queen Quarry, If that does ever get finished, there's a load of work that I'd need to re-do in order for it match my standards now, as i've progressed a fair in my development skills since that project was last looked at.

The long and short of it is, some of the older projects are more than likely going to be dropped, as unless I hire somebody to continue the work, it's impossible for me to find the time, whilst also keeping up with the demand for the more popular tracks.

I do try not to leave anybody dissapointed, but I guess as a content creator, it's inevetable.

Last edited:
I added a second config that replaces the original wiper with some random straight wiper (original link updated):

maybe, but I'm wondering why the shadow isn't there when using the default wiper animation...
Thanks a million. Now I don't have to put three telephone guides under my bum to be able to see where I'm going in the rain... 👍 :D

Hey @pk3r72owns, are you going to finish your work on the GT5-6 layout of Rome Circuit or the Hong Kong tracks at some point? I would love to see finished versions of each. Even more excellent if you added the GT2-3 layout of Rome Circuit & Short. I mean, those layouts were located right next to the GT5 & 6 version afterall.
Eventually! Hong Kong is nearly feature complete, and just needs some touch ups and optimisations, Rome I want to do a really good job of.

Eventually! Hong Kong is nearly feature complete, and just needs some touch ups and optimisations, Rome I want to do a really good job of.
Excellent to hear, thank you for the answer! 👍
I look forward to both!

----
and if they're done, I might include each into future video ideas I have, hehe.

Yeah, well y'know that's just like your opinion man.
I'm sorry you felt the need to bring this up, and I know I need to do better, who knows maybe one day you'll re-subscribe.

But yeah, jokes aside, I have been working my arse off to get things finished / polished, and had a bit of a fight with Covid.

For free on Race Department alone in the last few months there's been...

August
-Sebring 1966

September
-Anglesey Circuit complete revamp

October
-Kart Bahn Wohlen
-Mallory Park overhaul

November
- Chuckwalla Valley LiDAR revamp
- the work I did on Ascari with Shin and Mike08

Then there's all the stuff that isn't publicly available yet.

the finished version of Kuwait Motor Town.

View attachment 1212085
View attachment 1212086

1954 Southport Gold Coast Grand Prix

Ozarks

Area 27

Heartland Topeka

ThunderHill

So yeah, the truth is, I do have a lot of unfinished tracks, but I'm slowly getting things finished and sorted - also there's a bit of a drought in requests at the moment, which is letting more of my backlog get some attention.

Silver City, is so close to being finished, so it'll likely be my next fictional track to get finished. But as you may have noticed, there's definetly been a shift towards real life tracks recently.
View attachment 1212087
As for Silver Queen Quarry, If that does ever get finished, there's a load of work that I'd need to re-do in order for it match my standards now, as i've progressed a fair in my development skills since that project was last looked at.

The long and short of it is, some of the older projects are more than likely going to be dropped, as unless I hire somebody to continue the work, it's impossible for me to find the time, whilst also keeping up with the demand for the more popular tracks.

I do try not to leave anybody dissapointed, but I guess as a content creator, it's inevetable.

Wow, that Kuwait track looks spot on! Will it be released for free or is it just a paid mod?

View attachment 1212074View attachment 1212076

Top job, as usual. Thanks!

So i have a mod car with amazing sounds but they only work in car, i know that old chestnut, before i swap out the sound is there any fix for this? I did try using the guids from another car and changing the name for each, but alas doesn't work.

Gutau Rally Stage - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Gutau is not in Hungary so I changed more stuff than usual.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_gutau.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Remember that this is not related to RSS, not an official add-on by them. Don't ask them

MCL36 Steering Wheel for RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 (rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s)
https://sharemods.com/xql1wvbdwxq6/MCL36_Steering_Wheel_RSS_FH22_v2_READ_INSTALL.TXT.rar.html

This include real LED lights from the real steering wheel. As RSS updated the LEDS in the v2, I'll try to update the others steering wheels in the coming days/weeks

View attachment 1172192
Hi, why I see some green numbers on wheel?

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s_ks_barcelona_2022-11-30-21-35-22.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s_ks_barcelona_2022-11-30-21-35-22.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back