Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,990 comments
You need newer version of CSP. Old ones have this "issue"
Tested with 0.1.79 preview5 and 0.1.80 preview1 and still can see it.

Here is my ext_config.ini

Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=rh_arai_helmet_driver_19
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; <---------------- If you don't like this, disable replacing the '1' with '0'
FILE = formula_hybrid_2022_s.kn5

HIDE = DISPLAY_MAIN_MESH_?, GEO_STEER_GLAS, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB1, LED_0, LED_1, LED_2, LED_3, LED_4, LED_5, LED_6, LED_7, LED_8, LED_9, LED_10, PIT_R, PIT_G, PIT_B, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB0, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB5, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB2, GEO_STEER_LABELS, LED_RED_1, LED_WHITE_1, LED_DRS_ACTIVE, LED_BLUE_1, LED_ORANGE_1, GEO_REXING_LOGO, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB3, LED_GREEN_1

INSERT = mcl36.kn5
INSERT_IN = STEER_HR
; Options to transform inserted model:
SCALE = 1,1,1    ; change size: X, Y and Z axis (for car, X is left-right, Y and up-down)
ROTATION = 0, 0, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0,-0.01,0.0625   ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s_melbourne22_2022-11-30-22-14-2.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s_melbourne22_2022-11-30-22-14-2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 15
Tested with 0.1.79 preview5 and 0.1.80 preview1 and still can see it.

Here is my ext_config.ini

Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=rh_arai_helmet_driver_19
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; <---------------- If you don't like this, disable replacing the '1' with '0'
FILE = formula_hybrid_2022_s.kn5

HIDE = DISPLAY_MAIN_MESH_?, GEO_STEER_GLAS, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB1, LED_0, LED_1, LED_2, LED_3, LED_4, LED_5, LED_6, LED_7, LED_8, LED_9, LED_10, PIT_R, PIT_G, PIT_B, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB0, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB5, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB2, GEO_STEER_LABELS, LED_RED_1, LED_WHITE_1, LED_DRS_ACTIVE, LED_BLUE_1, LED_ORANGE_1, GEO_REXING_LOGO, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB3, LED_GREEN_1

INSERT = mcl36.kn5
INSERT_IN = STEER_HR
; Options to transform inserted model:
SCALE = 1,1,1    ; change size: X, Y and Z axis (for car, X is left-right, Y and up-down)
ROTATION = 0, 0, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0,-0.01,0.0625   ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
in that case you did something wrong in the installation phase. No issue at all with the mod itself on my side
let see if @bensrac32 can help you better

Going back in time, or rather "Back to the future".
The Brazilian Copersucar-Fittipaldi Team will make its return to the category in 1984 with a Chevrolet V6 turbo engine. The North American company will go all out in the "circus" to show all its power in the automobile world.
The Brazilian Team will have the return of the "sponsor" that started with it in 1975. The pilots will be the two-time world champion Emerson Fittipaldi returning to the category after more than 3 years away and the return of the other Brazilian Chico Serra as driver 2. The car was named as Copersucar-Fittipaldi FD/10.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1669848760.png
    __custom_showroom_1669848760.png
    140 KB · Views: 31
Yeah, well y'know that's just like your opinion man.
I'm sorry you felt the need to bring this up, and I know I need to do better, who knows maybe one day you'll re-subscribe.

But yeah, jokes aside, I have been working my arse off to get things finished / polished, and had a bit of a fight with Covid.
Please don't feel insulted pk3r72owns. That was not my intention at all. As I said (and will say again), I really enjoy your track mods and appreciate the work that you put into them. That's why I did subscribe to your Patreon – and I will be happy to do so again in future. 😀

I've been playing with this for a while. Trying to recreate the 1970 f1 season of real cars that ran against the amazing rss 1970. BOP is finished, most of skins as well, have to work on a few more skins, driver suits, helmets,... I have a question, does anybody know if there is a model out there of the De Tomaso Williams and Brabham BT33? Would like to add those as well. A little preview:

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 30
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 29
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 28
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 29
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 30
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 33
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 33
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 31
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 34
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 31
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 25
FYI DSC had a good write up on the Nissan R390: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/06/07/dsc-retro-nissan-at-le-mans-in-1997-1998-2.html

Also Toyota as well, one of the best piece I've read with lots of cool info:
Excellent thank you for posting

I've been playing with this for a while. Trying to recreate the 1970 f1 season of real cars that ran against the amazing rss 1970. BOP is finished, most of skins as well, have to work on a few more skins, driver suits, helmets,... I have a question, does anybody know if there is a model out there of the De Tomaso Williams and Brabham BT33? Would like to add those as well. A little preview:

I haven't been able to find either of the cars you're searching for unfortunately, either in my archive, or on the internet. I did see that there's a De Tomaso 505 skin on racedepartment for the RSS 1970.

If you found that ai cars with extended physics enabled (like ta2 cars from VRC for example), seem to drive at 80% throttle after the csp 1.79 update, there's a fix. Unpack data folder and change the car.ini file. The line HEADER=extended-2 should be changed to HEADER=2. This disables the extended physics unfortunately, but ai cars don't loose 10 seconds a lap anymore. Ilya is aparantely aware of the problem and is working on a fix for future releases.

@xezez thanks for the effort. I've also combed the Internet looking for these models and haven't found them. The skins you posted, are for rss1970. There is a complete grid of skins available on RD actually. A great resource, used some for help with my skins as well, will definitely need them for the helmets and suits. But if I use the Brabham and Williams skins on the RSS car, then you have to many March looking cars on the grid. There are 7 already that actually ran in that season. So I will probably make the Brabham and Williams skins on the Mclaren as it looks the most similar. Not perfect, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Hey everyone ! It's me again haha ! I need your help !

I have got this texture for the Aston wheel and looks horrible..
1669891322473.png
1669891352794.png

Someone want help me to remade this texture for the wheel in a better quality ? Thanks in advance and have a nice day !

preview.png

She look so good with antenna hood :)

Last edited:
Felsonyarad Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_felsonyarad.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
I added a second config that replaces the original wiper with some random straight wiper (original link updated):

View attachment 1212074View attachment 1212076

maybe, but I'm wondering why the shadow isn't there when using the default wiper animation...
Added a second alternative wiper to the download, similar to the original one but with a shorter base:

1669902888273.jpeg

Attachments

• 1669899925132.jpeg
    1669899925132.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 1669899943262.jpeg
    1669899943262.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1669902882222.jpeg
    1669902882222.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 12
Added a second alternative wiper to the download, similar to the original one but with a shorter base:
Great, thanks, and now an option to change wipers in the pits during a race please... :D:cheers:

EDIT: after testing: that's the cherry on the pie, great job 👍

Last edited:
View attachment 1212289
When are we gonna stop seeing this on RD. More stolen work, something needs to change. Stolen stuff being uploaded constantly.
What benefit do they get from it? Do they ask for donations?
Is it because they are so lacking in life they think their name attached to a track makes them special? Like people desperate to have a credit on everything.
Do people really hero worship people who make tracks and stuff, to the point where someone pretends they made it?

Wow, what a dream come true! I love the vintage F1 stuff. When is the ETA for release? It looks amazing!

View attachment 1212281
Brilliant update. You should send it to RSS, although they have indicated there will be no more updates.
Oh, hang on - I see you also uploaded it to RD. They should spot it there. 👍

Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Please make a backup copy of your ks_red_bull_ring folder to be safe because this replaces or adds files to the track folder. Also delete any track skins from my previous version. CSP is required to work properly. If you don't use CSP, the track skins will still work, but you will have to copy the files to the default folder in the skins directory.

Credit for the ext_config goes to the CSP guys who did the original config used as the base and @CrisT86 for the changes to the config to make it work better.
Track skins are a combination of my own edited textures with a few textures from a skin I already had (don't know the author) and @Peter Boese ac-color-corrections texture pack.
Additional kn5 files for the stock track done by me.
Two additional track cams done by me.
Special thanks to @CrisT86 for all the help with the config and @andrevr , @Peter Boese , and @xNAPx for testing things for me along the way. And @ales100i for the pictures of the area to help me get the season changes somewhat accurate.

All decisions on texture colors and brightness were made based on watching Youtube videos of the recent F1 race. To be honest, one set of trees should be brighter to be more accurate, but they looked out of place as brighter textures. If I hear enough complaints, i'll adjust the texture and make it available.

rbr2.jpg

Any and all improvement suggestions are welcome. I did the best I could, but i'm sure there are mistakes to be fixed.

Last edited:
Good evening

Picturesque...but a start...
NFS4 vibes

Last edited:
Serious question to all the competent modders out there: Where do people get their engine/power numbers from?

I've been messing around with road cars and their power curves lately and a lot of them are way off, when using the built in power/torque calculator in CM.
I reduced a cars power from 905 bhp to 750 and the torque from 1063 nm to 800, and I still hit a top speed that was 25 km/h higher than the stated vmax (375 km/h instead of 350).
I know my setups might be more optimized (gearing and ridiculously high tyre pressures) and also that the aero/drag of the car might not be a 1:1 conversion, but still, something seems way off on several mods.
Anyone able to educate me on this? Do some people just put in random numbers or am I/CM/AC doing something wrong even though the performances seem closer to reality when I've adjusted?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 02/12/2022 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 02/12/2022 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 11/11/2022 --> 01/12/2022
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 11/11/2022 --> 01/12/2022

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

Serious question to all the competent modders out there: Where do people get their engine/power numbers from?

I've been messing around with road cars and their power curves lately and a lot of them are way off, when using the built in power/torque calculator in CM.
I reduced a cars power from 905 bhp to 750 and the torque from 1063 nm to 800, and I still hit a top speed that was 25 km/h higher than the stated vmax (375 km/h instead of 350).
I know my setups might be more optimized (gearing and ridiculously high tyre pressures) and also that the aero/drag of the car might not be a 1:1 conversion, but still, something seems way off on several mods.
Anyone able to educate me on this? Do some people just put in random numbers or am I/CM/AC doing something wrong even though the performances seem closer to reality when I've adjusted?

Thank you in advance
Hi gents,
have a look there, tons of data:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/#gsc.tab=0
have a nice day, Mike

PS: to reduce speed you have to increase the dimensions of the wings in aero.ini

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back