Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,147 comments
hi guys, since i don't know how long (at least couple of months ) I've got this issue :

In content - tracks used to be able to set stars but that is gone...
I do manage to give stars (via Right click on the track in Drive-Single).
But then in content-tracks a filter "rate:0" still shows tracks which received a rating...

Anyone else can confirm this and/or knows a fix? (I'm on CM 0.8.2439.39630 data version 166)

Does anyone happen to have a solution for the "AI" of the track Nurburgring/Nordschelife 75, by Tiago Lima? Cars piloted by the computer crash into each other, or into the wall, or leave the track. Thank you very much in advance.

Project Cars? Forza? GT?
When those are the titles where most of these mods' 3D assets are sourced from, and the physics of these cars ripped from "casual simcade console kiddie games" are not only not improved upon for AC mods, but somehow done even more inaccurately? At this point, I'd rather just drive the simcade versions. At least they've got an excuse.

Hi guys, Im doing a fictional 1998 Ferrari GT1 skin for the Legion F50 GT.
I need your feedback as I fell this mockup is kinda lackluster. What changes should I make? Any ideas regarding the numers, sponsors, livery design and other details?

Any feedback would be apreciated!!
View attachment 1214539
Not to pry but why have you used the Legion mod and not the far better (imo anyways) mod from here
F50 GT

When those are the titles where most of these mods' 3D assets are sourced from, and the physics of these cars ripped from "casual simcade console kiddie games" are not only not improved upon for AC mods, but somehow done even more inaccurately? At this point, I'd rather just drive the simcade versions. At least they've got an excuse.
Give them yourself rss physics or something similar from other touring cars switch a little here and there, voila = profit
instead of nagging around

Last edited:
Hi guys, Im doing a fictional 1998 Ferrari GT1 skin for the Legion F50 GT.
I need your feedback as I fell this mockup is kinda lackluster. What changes should I make? Any ideas regarding the numers, sponsors, livery design and other details?

Any feedback would be apreciated!!
View attachment 1214539

I think that looks great as it is, I don't think that's lacklustre at all - there's always a risk of overdoing liveries, especially works Ferrari ones, but this looks very 'real' for the era to me. If you needed more, 'Shell' and 'Fiat' logos may work, but I don't think it needs them.

Two things though:

1. F40 Lover made what I believe is an improved version of this model here:
    (see description for link) - I'm not sure if the mapping is the same
  2. Not important, but may interest you; if you're doing an 'accurate' skin for '98, the GT1 class was assigned numbers 25-49. As it happens, 25-48 were all assigned to cars that entered pre-qualifying, so 49 would be the only 'free' number. But if you're wanting a 2 car set, I'd recommend either 22/23 (cars that will never be in AC) or 42/43 (McLarens that ended up racing under different numbers).

Last edited:
Fonteny looks cool in the fall\winter with the leafless trees. Need to desaturate things, but I can see me enjoying this look in a fall session.

fonteny_fall.jpg

fonteny_winter.jpg

Fonteny looks cool in the fall\winter with the leafless trees. Need to desaturate things, but I can see me enjoying this look in a fall session.

View attachment 1214641
View attachment 1214642
I'd run that by FatAlfie before releasing. The autumn looks good but IMO the winter colours look a bit strange IMO - I'm never a fan of that permafrost look that gets applied though; the trees look decent.

I'd run that by FatAlfie before releasing. The autumn looks good but IMO the winter colours look a bit strange IMO - I'm never a fan of that permafrost look that gets applied though; the trees look decent.
Yeah, unfortunately this one probably stays with me. He has a disclaimer in his track folder that asks that you get permission to do anything that alters his work. When I did my seasonal changes mod for Fonteny, he was kind enough to give me permission but asked that I don't alter his textures. I was happy to oblige. The only thing he did let me do (and he generously gave me copies of the original textures) was take the green moss out of the trunks so that they didn't turn orange in the fall.

Hey everyone, I'm having problems with Legion's Nurburgring Extra layouts, and downloading the fix by Slider666 didn't solve anything.. Basically after the first "chicane" there is this sort of misplaced "grass-on-a-hill" Anyone knows how to fix this?
Yeah i get the same weird problem. It looks really off putting at first...& yet i don't know how to resolve this either.

Install the version I posted: issue gone.
Yes it solves the grass in the air, but it introduces a problem of the weird grass on the floor (weird different color 3d grass patches all over). Were you able to resolve that in any way?

Last edited:
Yes it solves the grass in the air, but it introduces a problem of the weird grass on the floor (weird different color 3d grass patches all over). Were you able to resolve that in any way?
I never resolved anything for this track, credits go to @slider666 who fixed that floating grass.
Iirc (don't have it any more) there was no grassFX in the original and no issues with the floating grass either. That got possibly introduced later on by a config.
The 'weird grass' is just how it used to be before grassFX appeared. It does indeed look strange seen from above, but while driving it doesn't bother me at all.
So until someone sees a way to fix it, it will either have 'weird grass' or 'floating grass'... :P

EDIT: I just installed the Legion track again, got the floating grass but also the 'weird grass', supplemented with grassFX, so it's less obvious.

Last edited:
I never resolved anything for this track, credits go to @slider666 who fixed that floating grass.
Iirc (don't have it any more) there was no grassFX in the original and no issues with the floating grass either. That got possibly introduced later on by a config.
The 'weird grass' is just how it used to be before grassFX appeared. It does indeed look strange seen from above, but while driving it doesn't bother me at all.
So until someone sees a way to fix it, it will either have 'weird grass' or 'floating grass'... :P

EDIT: I just installed the Legion track again, got the floating grass but also the 'weird grass', supplemented with grassFX, so it's less obvious.
I'll try to look into it myself. It's not a problem on any other older track with or without grassfx and the old 3d grass on nurburgring and Nordschleife was the best of all Kunos tracks. I rember in the old days trying to port the 3d grass from these two to others,cause it looked so good . So this is a mistery.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back