Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 109,879 comments
United States
United States
No problem for me since I don´t use that seasonal crap by CSP. In another note, maybe you could have your magic been put to the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold airfield, that would be a welcome overhaul.
Is that the one released back in 2015 or is there a newer version?

Montserrat
Montserrat
Another PROCAR skin, this time for Shaun Clarke's Cavalier :

__custom_showroom_1670511012.jpg

__custom_showroom_1670511031.jpg

Think I'll adapt the '96 skin to this car bc we don't have a proper Vectra.

United States
United States
Just throwing this out there to try if you want. True late fall and winter looking trees for Monza. The fall look is a bit iffy (can't get the color right), but they look great for winter driving. Love the sort of brownish\white snow look. Only difference between the two skins is one is darker than the other. I use a custom made VAO so the trees are not as dark as the stock VAO, so I prefer the darker version.

Notes:
-- Don't use a fall date when trying these out. This will turn everything orange. Just use a summer or very early fall date. For winter, go ahead and use any winter date.
-- I'm eventually going to work on flipping the tops so they are wider at the top and thinner in the middle. Right now they kind of look like dead pine trees instead of dead deciduous trees.
-- If you have a skin that alters the trees and other things, make a copy of it and put these files in your copied skin folder. That way you get these fall\winter trees but also any other textures that your skin made changes to.

Monza Fall\Winter trees

monza_fall.jpg

monza_winter.jpg

Last edited:
United States
United States
Nobody forces you to drive the cars, of course they have errors here and there, but which mods are perfect?
Nobody forces people to upload mods that don't even get the most basic "which wheels are responsible for driving the car" facts right, either. It's not like a "perfect is the enemy of the good" situation here, it's modders throwing up halfhearted renditions of cars that would be good to have if they drove like the actual cars at all.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Nobody forces you to drive the cars, of course they have errors here and there, but which mods are perfect?
One would argue that getting the driving wheels right is quite integral to a mod. Although if someone wants to make a 4WD or FWD modern F1 car id be interested.

Last edited:
Italy
Pizza
Australia
Australia
-Download free (I repeat, free) mod.
-Test mod.
-Mod is crap.
-Delete mod.

No too much time wasted, no broken fingers for the typing, no polar bear harmed... What's the problem? 🤨
Yep no one should be put off pointing people towards mods even if they need some work, it is what this thread is about after all, that Alfa 155 I just changed the R in RWD to a F and it drove not to unbelievably, i will most likely delve into it and alter a few bits but so long as it feels about there its a decent model for sure.
Personally I'm amazed how many people bother releasing stuff as it invariably gets shot down.

Canada
Canada
Hi guys,

a question for our physics gurus. I am working on a Porsche 964 Cup car which should realistically ran in between 10 to 20 arcminutes toe out per wheel on the front axle. This would mean a maximum of 2400 arcsecondes or 0.6666° total on the front axle.

If I understood right AC reads not arcsecondes but a distance in [m]. Like shown here: https://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/toe/

Using the toe calculator: https://www.1728.org/toe-out.htm and a wheel diameter of 630 mm I get this result per wheel:

View attachment 1214217
This would mean 0.003662 m toe out per wheel or 0.007324 m toe out on the front axle (max). Is it correct to insert this value in the suspensions.ini? Does it need to be entered positive or negative to have toe out (tires pointing outside)?

How does the setup.ini relate to all this? What is shown in the setup, mm or an angle. And what are 200 clicks?

I hope it is not too confusing, but I would like to get it right.

Thanx for your help.

Daniel
TOE_OUT in suspension.ini controls the setup toe angle (in m). The actual toe depends on the suspension geometry as well. You can check the final toe (in game) using the suspensions app or the csp car specs app or whatever it was called (i can't remember which is more accurate though).

setup.ini moves the tie rod laterally (left/right looking top down on the car). if the tie rod is in front of the axle then the higher the slide the more toe out I believe. If the tie rod is behind the axle then the opposite.

Ukraine
Ukraine
The Golf update is still WIP, but will have the following stuff:
v1.70 - Offside wing mirror added; Cockpit AO added (previous VAO patch deleted); Shaking exhaust added; Glass tweaked; Rear side window trim fixed; Collider updated; Wheel blur fixed; Data updates; LODs rebuilt; Petronas, Burger King, Fanta, NOS, Liqui Moly, and Sumo Power skins added.
Plus some other stuff I've probably forgotten.

Screenshot (161).png Screenshot (162).png Screenshot (163).png Screenshot (164).png

Mali
Mali
Lamborghini Gallardo Pack!

This is what I wanted for a while, a pack of multiple variations of the facelifted Gallardo.

i tested the spear gallardo, this gallardo from binary motors with VR driving physics.. and finally the original kunos gallardo...
and i have to say, the kunos one felt SO much better to drive than the other 2 mods... it was a big difference and so much more fun that i had to delete ALL gallardo mods i had. back to the roots, back to kunos.

but hold on. i am a noob for physics since i sold my wheel rig.. and now doing couch-driving with xbox gamepad. lol.
so test it yourself with your wheel.
but .. i will stay to the kunos one, and it does not even look much worse than these new mods with the CM updates.

United States
United States
Just throwing this out there to try if you want. True late fall and winter looking trees for Monza. The fall look is a bit iffy (can't get the color right), but they look great for winter driving. Love the sort of brownish\white snow look. Only difference between the two skins is one is darker than the other. I use a custom made VAO so the trees are not as dark as the stock VAO, so I prefer the darker version.

Notes:
-- Don't use a fall date when trying these out. This will turn everything orange. Just use a summer or very early fall date. For winter, go ahead and use any winter date.
-- I'm eventually going to work on flipping the tops so they are wider at the top and thinner in the middle. Right now they kind of look like dead pine trees instead of dead deciduous trees.
-- If you have a skin that alters the trees and other things, make a copy of it and put these files in your copied skin folder. That way you get these fall\winter trees but also any other textures that your skin made changes to.

Monza Fall\Winter trees

View attachment 1214283

View attachment 1214272
Link updated with new version. Delete the old folders.

Sorry for the quick turnaround on this, but I finally figured out what was bugging me about the way the trees looked in the fall. Too much red saturation. Now the trees have more of a brown look in the fall. Winter still looks so much better than fall though.