Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Hi everyone. Just one question for the "Darche 2021 Cup". On the front of the car, where the Porsche's logo actually is, it's just black. Can someone please help me fix this?
IMG_20221210_162003.jpg

Last edited:
Alter a FatAlfie artwork is like restore a painting by Michelangelo; comes with a great responsibility...
I guess you could say i'm altering it, but I don't look at it that way. It's not like i'm moving objects around or adding\removing things. I'm simply removing leaves from the trees so it looks more like late fall\winter should look. So the track is the same, it's just more realistic looking if you use seasonal changes. But again, I know he won't let me release this publically because he already asked that I don't change his textures. So in the end, it's no big deal.
@racinjoe013 Here is the track, changelog states "rtm_team 1.01", so I am not exactly sure about the source I got it from. Please have a look onto it. Many thanks

Haven't looked at the track yet, but is there anything specific about it that you think needs changed?

I am using a track, folder name: spa1966.
preview.png

I am hoping there is a better version out there. I can see a lot of work dedicated to a lot of obscure tracks, some are even fictional, so, surely, some attention must have been paid to such an iconic, historically relevant track, like Spa 66.
some of the blatant issues are that the cars are floating above the track surface in some curves, like hovercrafts, the road surface is abysmal trough FFB in some part of the track, in short, it need some TLC.

I am hoping there is a better version out there. I can see a lot of work dedicated to a lot of obscure tracks, some are even fictional, so, surely, some attention must have been paid to ........
The version I have uses that file folder name, but I have it listed as being a Reboot Team track V1.1 (ACTrackReboot maybe)... and it's quite beautiful. (goooogle, it's the one on facebook I think, I didn't try the one that's on RD. Just checked the one on Reddit-ACTrackReboot, it should be the one too) Maybe I missed some glitches...

(wish someone would bring Solitude up to that level)

Spa66.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you could say i'm altering it, but I don't look at it that way...
For the record, I wasn't criticizing you, I like your work; I was only praising FatAlfie's mods, which I think are sublime...

And I would like to add that you are honored by the fact that you respect the decisions of other creators when it comes to modifying their works. I wish everyone would do it like this.

The version I have uses that file folder name, but I have it listed as being a Reboot Team track V1.1 (ACTrackReboot maybe)... and it's quite beautiful. (goooogle) Maybe I missed some glitches...
I agree.

During the 4400 km I've driven on Spa 66, I haven't noticed any glitches or bad FFB either. The track that I have is excellent, but the folder name is spa_1966. I also have spa_thr which has 128 pits and additional '34 layout, but the track looks and feels pretty much the same and I think it's just an edit of spa_1966.

Last edited:
For the record, I wasn't criticizing you, I like your work; I was only praising FatAlfie's mods, which I think are sublime...

And I would like to add that you are honored by the fact that you respect the decisions of other creators when it comes to modifying their works. I wish everyone would do it like this.
I know you weren't criticizing me and I apologize if my response came off that way. That was not my intention.

I know this isnt allowed, but I'm losing it, and this is only really "active" thread. So does anybody know why my shadow starts rendering from somewhere around the steering wheel? No shadows further back. Happens in OpenVR mode and OculusVr mode, but not in single screen mode...

it started when I turned off Smart shadow>custom shadow matrices. Need to have that settings off because of flickering shadows in vr
unnamed.png

Last edited:
I know this isnt allowed, but I'm losing it, and this is only really "active" thread. So does anybody know why my shadow starts rendering from somewhere around the steering wheel? No shadows further back. Happens in OpenVR mode and OculusVr mode, but not in single screen mode...

it started when I turned off Smart shadow>custom shadow matrices. Need to have that settings off because of flickering shadows in vr
View attachment 1214756
I'm not sure about your weird shadow but just wanted to let you know that it is indeed allowed. Did you try rolling back a version of CSP and testing?

I'm not sure about your weird shadow but just wanted to let you know that it is indeed allowed. Did you try rolling back a version of CSP and testing?
Yes, it's been with me for a couple of CSP versions now. I tried the Quest 2 through Oculus software and Varjo Aero through steam vr (openvr). I tried changing shadow map bias settings graphics.ini but didn't help. I tried changing camera while in VR (F7) but problem remained. The only thing that works is either turn on Custom shadow matrices or play in single screen mode..

View attachment 1214760
I am hoping there is a better version out there. I can see a lot of work dedicated to a lot of obscure tracks, some are even fictional, so, surely, some attention must have been paid to such an iconic, historically relevant track, like Spa 66.
some of the blatant issues are that the cars are floating above the track surface in some curves, like hovercrafts, the road surface is abysmal trough FFB in some part of the track, in short, it need some TLC.
After a quick look at the track, i'm not sure what's going on with the track's extension file. It has very weird settings that make the trees almost orange\fall like in the summer. The grass textures are nice but far too yellow for my tastes. The trees are fine too, but the way they are setup makes it very hard to do any kind of real seasonal changes for fall without completely swapping them out. As they are now, you would end up with orange pine trees.

A quick 5 minutes with some color correcting of textures and tweaks to the config yielded this. Has potential, but would take some work to get right...

Before:
spa66_before.jpg

After:
spa66_after.jpg

Hey where can i download this GTR Concept? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
What the others said, I download a lot of mods from Patreon now. It's become one place I like going to download some free mods. Yeah, despite the donation system, you can get free content on there.

... I apologize if my response came off that way. That was not my intention.
Don't worry, surely I'm to blame for the misunderstanding. Sometimes it's difficult to capture certain details with written language, especially when, as in my case, English is not my native language...

(I think I've already used this excuse for my clumsiness from time to time... 😅)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back