Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,141 comments
After a quick look at the track, i'm not sure what's going on with the track's extension file. It has very weird settings that make the trees almost orange\fall like in the summer. The grass textures are nice but far too yellow for my tastes. The trees are fine too, but the way they are setup makes it very hard to do any kind of real seasonal changes for fall without completely swapping them out. As they are now, you would end up with orange pine trees.

A quick 5 minutes with some color correcting of textures and tweaks to the config yielded this. Has potential, but would take some work to get right...

Before:
View attachment 1214802

After:
View attachment 1214803
That's looking good! I always thought it looked like a parched summer, but that didn't seem to fit the Spa that I've seen each time I've been there; this added lushness pushes it much more in that direction.

That's looking good! I always thought it looked like a parched summer, but that didn't seem to fit the Spa that I've seen each time I've been there; this added lushness pushes it much more in that direction.
Probably going to end up with something like this for the grass. I took my best grass texture and layered it over the stock textures. Then I fooled with the opacity of my grass layer to keep a similar look to the original textures with the areas of dirt and burnt out grass. Still need to mess with saturation, depth of color and color balance. It looks a bit yellow on my end but that may be ppfilter related.

Now it's on to the trees. This track has 3D trees and i'm torn between hiding them or fixing the leaf textures. I tried something that makes them look better, but I still think the track looks better with the 3D trees hidden. There just so clunky looking even with the better leaf textures. Plus I need to replace that top treewall texture in the picture. It looks really out of place. Oh, and replace the flags with proper animated ones. Geez, guess I still have lots to do.

EDIT: Had a bit of an epiphany. Why not save myself the hassle of editing the treewall and some other tree textures and just steal the ones from Spa for consistency between all the versions. Looks pretty good.

spa66.jpg

Lam
THIS looks good also

Wow, how did they pull that off?

Last edited:
Lam
It's made by the track's author Johnr777 himself
Well I can't wait to see it in person.

If someone gets some time, could they give this Spa 1966 mod a test run. Would like to get some feedback on the textures while I work on the flags tomorrow. That way I know what to adjust after i'm done with the flags. Things like what's too dark, what's too light. Too saturated, too blue or yellow? Stuff like that.

I'm already aware that the track edge texture doesn't quite match up with the grass next to it. I'm working on it. Also, the 3D trees are hidden. You can re-enable them at the bottom of the ext_config file. Just set the last two sections to ACTIVE = 1. Just so you know, they might look out of place while I work on their leaf textures. That's why I have them hidden.

Thanks as always...

Spa 1966 Test

EDIT: FYI, these should work with the THR version as well. Just copy the extension and skins folders to the Spa_THR folder. Only thing that will be different is the grassfx because they have grassfx settings in the extension folders for each layout.

Last edited:
It's been a while since my last Pescara 57 payware post, but I've put hundreds of hours in since then! I've nearly done all the buildings now, having created the period buildings that dot the countryside between Villa Raspa, Case Frascone and Spoltore...

View attachment 1214520
View attachment 1214521

I'm now working on the last urban area, Montesilvano...

View attachment 1214522
View attachment 1214523

Then it'll be a case of filling in the background with some copy paste buildings, landscaping around the track (kerbs, pavements, fields etc) then populating with 3D props, trees, telegraph poles etc.
I'm aiming towards release around April, but if you've ever built a track you'll know that things sometimes take longer than expected! :D
Jesus Christ that looks amazing. Any chance of patreon and early release?!

I am using a track, folder name: spa1966.
View attachment 1214760
I am hoping there is a better version out there. I can see a lot of work dedicated to a lot of obscure tracks, some are even fictional, so, surely, some attention must have been paid to such an iconic, historically relevant track, like Spa 66.
some of the blatant issues are that the cars are floating above the track surface in some curves, like hovercrafts, the road surface is abysmal trough FFB in some part of the track, in short, it need some TLC.
Not only for Spa’66 but most published before 2020 vintage (=pre1971) tracks needs an update. These imperfections/faults are maybe not real visible on an monitor but do in VRmode. Perfect sample are those Gilles’75 conversions. I do hope one day a modder can take his hands on my personal favorite track Beez.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/carrieres-de-beez-1-0.21481/updates#resource-update-46458
:bowdown:

Btw, for the vintage Spa track, there are a couple of improvements think these are being listed at the @Breathe track listing or on the THR site.

Last edited:
So, my Lua Applications (namely Pure Config and PaintShop) are appearing as an empty screen. I am absolutely not sure how I can fix this issue, and what may be causing it. Even after reinstalling CSP multiple times, still, nothing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2414).png
    Screenshot (2414).png
    418.1 KB · Views: 18
I know this isnt allowed, but I'm losing it, and this is only really "active" thread. So does anybody know why my shadow starts rendering from somewhere around the steering wheel? No shadows further back. Happens in OpenVR mode and OculusVr mode, but not in single screen mode...

it started when I turned off Smart shadow>custom shadow matrices. Need to have that settings off because of flickering shadows in vr
View attachment 1214756
no solution for this, choose the least bad option for you. Im playing with smart shadows and weather overcast almost always...

Well I can't wait to see it in person.

If someone gets some time, could they give this Spa 1966 mod a test run. Would like to get some feedback on the textures while I work on the flags tomorrow. That way I know what to adjust after i'm done with the flags. Things like what's too dark, what's too light. Too saturated, too blue or yellow? Stuff like that.

I'm already aware that the track edge texture doesn't quite match up with the grass next to it. I'm working on it. Also, the 3D trees are hidden. You can re-enable them at the bottom of the ext_config file. Just set the last two sections to ACTIVE = 1. Just so you know, they might look out of place while I work on their leaf textures. That's why I have them hidden.

Thanks as always...

Spa 1966 Test
thanks! is there a link or something with all of your new configs?

Jesus Christ that looks amazing. Any chance of patreon and early release?!
Hello my friend, hope you're well! :)

No, but perhaps for future works depending on level of interest and commercial viability - it would be a dream to be able to work full time on future projects: Livorno, San Remo, Bari, Perugia etc, and then the development timescales would be drastically reduced. It would be nice to have a moderate wage for doing so. I read one guy charges 50 euros per hour for commissions building tracks. :eek:
I'd be happy with a fifth of that..

I'll see how Pescara goes first.. :)

I have a slight obsession with creating Le Mans grids would anyone be able to point me in the best direction of a patreon creator that caters to this the best? Which patreon accounts are worth signing up for?

Hello my friend, hope you're well! :)

No, but perhaps for future works depending on level of interest and commercial viability - it would be a dream to be able to work full time on future projects: Livorno, San Remo, Bari, Perugia etc, and then the development timescales would be drastically reduced. It would be nice to have a moderate wage for doing so. I read one guy charges 50 euros per hour for commissions building tracks. :eek:
I'd be happy with a fifth of that..

I'll see how Pescara goes first.. :)
Launch one, I'll sub to it. You do fantastic work, I'm sure others would appreciate trying out beta versions until full release. Looking forward to the release 👍

Btw, for the vintage Spa track, there are a couple of improvements think these are being listed at the @Breathe track listing
Thank you all for the replies and advice.

I downloaded the track from @Breathe list (TY for the tremendous amount of work that list must have been, great list)
The version in the list, spa_1966, is great, no issue (none of the issues I had with my version).

Last edited:
I have a slight obsession with creating Le Mans grids would anyone be able to point me in the best direction of a patreon creator that caters to this the best? Which patreon accounts are worth signing up for?
only one that focuses on historic race cars is : Historic Sim Studio.

the rest is not worth it

I guess you could say i'm altering it, but I don't look at it that way. It's not like i'm moving objects around or adding\removing things. I'm simply removing leaves from the trees so it looks more like late fall\winter should look. So the track is the same, it's just more realistic looking if you use seasonal changes. But again, I know he won't let me release this publically because he already asked that I don't change his textures. So in the end, it's no big deal.

Haven't looked at the track yet, but is there anything specific about it that you think needs changed?
Trees and surroundings, as usual.

That looks as stupid as it looks fun! I love it!
And I would love it even more if we could Ross Chastain' the whole track...

Will you share your combos (car/track/AI) of dirt oval one day ? Or did I miss something ?
I've had a bit of time to ponder this. And here is my take on it.
I learnt to convert stuff and am still learning. Already i need to go back to the start as there is so much I've picked up even in the short space of time.

I only wanted to learn to convert stuff so i could get things in the game that i wanted that no one else was doing.
There is so much stuff already out there and AC modding is such that because of the sheer volume and rate at which stuff comes out people have become very immune to what it would look like if there was no modding, even 'bad' modding.

I never wanted to set up patroens, or buy me a coffee stuff. I never wanted to see a name and get some feeling of achievement from it.
Just simply i wanted to do the stuff i wanted. With that said I won't be releasing any of the converted stuff, if i go back to altering existing mods i may share them if its worth it.

I use AC to race, to hot lap and to mess about at the back end doing converts and what not.
I have my rig set up in a way so much of the interior isn't on show so I can deal with back cockpits or whatever, i can blur out many things that people would be up in arms about, like for me i don't care if the drivers legs don't have a shadow or their feet don't move on the pedals.
That's isn't to say people shouldn't care, it simply means i don't so I'd be dammed if i was to start modding to keep other people happy.
So yeah, i won't release any of my converted stuff, in fairness its about 40 US dirt ovals and 12 UK Ovals and a bunch of dirt cars and random odds and ends, so I doubt it'll be any loss to anyone, even i went through a moment of questioning whyt i'm messing about with dirt ovals when i have iRacing, then on the rolling lap's before the start the other night some idiot intentionally kept ramming me for 2 rolling laps getting me penalties, then i rage quit iRacing and need to stay away for a month or so.

So yeah, long winded but just open and honest. If i stick to it and don't get bored i may get to a point where I'm totally confident in what i am doing and that is my only goal, but learning in the open and exposing yourself to people slagging stuff off because they miss utterly irrelevant guff or aren't a billionth GT3 car or whatever, or people wanting credit for a model they ripped from another game to put in rfactor etc, is a fast track to making you not enjoy it.

I also like the freedom to start something then leave it and on to something else, i couldn't deal with all the "but what about this" "could you add this" stuff.

There it is.
I don't think its unfair, although read reading it it may sound that way. Those that do it for money, or credit or 'coffee' or pats on the back do it for that reason, for them. The idea anything is really for the 'community' is a bit false IMO.
So I don't feel like I'm holding anything back, just the reason to release stuff isn't a driver.
I personally don't think hanging around on a modding thread and doing mods but not releasing them is as bad as it looks on paper.:)

Last edited:
thanks! is there a link or something with all of your new configs?
I've only done a couple of tracks and the links are scattered around this forum. I don't have a place that lists them all. I should sign up for some free web hosting place and make a simple website that lists all my mods. Maybe i'll do that sometime this winter when i'm bored.

It depends on what you want. Which season of Le Mans do you like more? 30's? 50´s? 60´s?

And unfortunately there is no single source to make these grinds. You need to search the internet and assemble it in a "patchwork way", to have a grind close to that of a given year. Also, there's no point in being too demanding, because many of the cars don't have perfect quality, especially if you're looking to recreate 100% accurate grinds.

BPR Recreation Project
Dijon 4H 1994 skin pack

Hi,

I just uploaded the Dijon 4H 1994 skin pack. If you downloaded the Ferrari F40 BPR recently, please download it again, as it has seen a significant update. You will find all credits and download links in the readme file.

I wish you guys a lot of fun with the new pack.

The Paris 1000 km race was one of the biggest races in 1994. The skins for it and maybe a new car will be in the next pack. We hope to have it ready for christmas :-)

A+
Daniel

View attachment 1169106 F175 Steering Wheel for the Ferrari Spec (rss_formula_hybrid_2022)

The W13 Steering Wheel add-on is made for the rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s, but I though it was pretty clear since the other one is based on the F175. It doesn't make any sense to put the Mercedes steering wheel into a Ferrari chassis, but for people with weird taste it just take to change the kn5 name inside the ext_config.ini.
this is not ferrari? its an alpha romeo wheel not the ferrari one. how to fix??

I've had a bit of time to ponder this. And here is my take on it.
I learnt to convert stuff and am still learning. Already i need to go back to the start as there is so much I've picked up even in the short space of time.

I only wanted to learn to convert stuff so i could get things in the game that i wanted that no one else was doing.
There is so much stuff already out there and AC modding is such that because of the sheer volume and rate at which stuff comes out people have become very immune to what it would look like if there was no modding, even 'bad' modding.

I never wanted to set up patroens, or buy me a coffee stuff. I never wanted to see a name and get some feeling of achievement from it.
Just simply i wanted to do the stuff i wanted. With that said I won't be releasing any of the converted stuff, if i go back to altering existing mods i may share them if its worth it.

I use AC to race, to hot lap and to mess about at the back end doing converts and what not.
I have my rig set up in a way so much of the interior isn't on show so I can deal with back cockpits or whatever, i can blur out many things that people would be up in arms about, like for me i don't care if the drivers legs don't have a shadow or their feet don't move on the pedals.
That's isn't to say people shouldn't care, it simply means i don't so I'd be dammed if i was to start modding to keep other people happy.
So yeah, i won't release any of my converted stuff, in fairness its about 40 US dirt ovals and 12 UK Ovals and a bunch of dirt cars and random odds and ends, so I doubt it'll be any loss to anyone, even i went through a moment of questioning whyt i'm messing about with dirt ovals when i have iRacing, then on the rolling lap's before the start the other night some idiot intentionally kept ramming me for 2 rolling laps getting me penalties, then i rage quit iRacing and need to stay away for a month or so.

So yeah, long winded but just open and honest. If i stick to it and don't get bored i may get to a point where I'm totally confident in what i am doing and that is my only goal, but learning in the open and exposing yourself to people slagging stuff off because they miss utterly irrelevant guff or aren't a billionth GT3 car or whatever, or people wanting credit for a model they ripped from another game to put in rfactor etc, is a fast track to making you not enjoy it.

I also like the freedom to start something then leave it and on to something else, i couldn't deal with all the "but what about this" "could you add this" stuff.

There it is.
I don't think its unfair, although read reading it it may sound that way. Those that do it for money, or credit or 'coffee' or pats on the back do it for that reason, for them. The idea anything is really for the 'community' is a bit false IMO.
So I don't feel like I'm holding anything back, just the reason to release stuff isn't a driver.
I personally don't think hanging around on a modding thread and doing mods but not releasing them is as bad as it looks on paper.:)
Nobody would (or should) get mad at you for just saying "no", you know, and i'm definitely not. :)
If you don't want, you don't do, the end. Your stuff, your choice.

On another news : the new 00 project is looking fiiiiine :drool:

As an "official" version of the first Tyrrell P34 from 1976 (first race in the Belgian Grand Prix) still hasn't appeared, I decided to have one more car in my own way... still subject to adaptations.

From a distance it looks good, but in the cockpit view, the textures don't have differences in tonality and shading, but at least it went to the track without problems.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1670813901.png
    __custom_showroom_1670813901.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Tyrrell1.png
    Tyrrell1.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Tyrrell2.png
    Tyrrell2.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Tyrrell3.png
    Tyrrell3.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
shi
I have converted 3 fictional tracks from GTR2. Details of the circuit can be found in the original link or readme_gtr2.
Original author link (RD)

Le Mancorchamps v1.11 (12/12/2022 Update)

View attachment 1213266
-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam
-White & Red cm skin

Credits & Thanks:
Original Track by ChriKoh
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
ext_config by @CrisT86
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Additional cams by @DaBaeda

v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove, lights, seasons, 2nd windmill
-Adjusted some normals and shaders
-Changed asphalt texture
-Fixed white line
-Edited track map
-Added 2 cams by DaBaeda
-Added logo.png and sections.ini by Fanapryde

v1.11 changelog;
-Hid lemancorchamps_wall.kn5.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spaburgring v0.99
View attachment 975508
Zandzuka v0.99
View attachment 975509
  • CSP required
  • 30 pit/start
  • AI
  • Replay cam
  • Red and white cm skin
  • GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks:
Original Track by ChriKoh
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by KevinK2
ext_config by CrisT86

Le Mancorchamps v1.11
The link is in the quote.

v1.11 changelog;
-Hid lemancorchamps_wall.kn5.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back