Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,147 comments
Hello, i'm new to AC Modding Discussion Talk in GTPlanet.

Speaking of Guerilla Mods GT4 pack, i had this issue while it was loading, i was excited to try them all.

Is this a CSP/Shader, Sol or something that caused this issue?

Attachments

• 319687932_1318866608893907_59849878462848873_n.png
    319687932_1318866608893907_59849878462848873_n.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hypocrisy might be a bit of a strong word for this, but it's feels close to it yeah. At least, since money is involved.

Before sim racing, I've only knew modding as a "volontary free content" : I don't really remember of a single one that wasn't free, even the big boys. "Lost alpha", the complete (!!!) re-creation of the original game of Stalker (twice the lengh), was all free. Any full scale map of Morrowind, totally free. Everywhere I was going, for years and years, it was always the same song : "It's only fair because it's free". Because a mod is, by essence, not legal, so you're not hurting anyone if you don't get any money for it, right ?
And then I discovered modding in sim racing and oh my god you don't care at all for that motto here, do you. Patreon this, patreon that, paying for conversions, paying for a mod of a mod, etc... And the line between good and evil as a moral value and intellectual property become, well, shattered ? So... Is it hypocrisy ? I agree in a way. In another one, I'd say it's simply another culture, another point of view on content creation and video games in general. And greed. Lots of it.
I started learning modding because i wanted to drive FVA cars on assetto, all my work was done with pure passion and for free, I also converted 2010 cars for the sole purpose of promoting the 2010 cars era and allowing people to not skip it because of simdream botched conversion. Then I see people recently starting to convert right and left with 3Dsimed body swap on SDD cars and setting up a patreon for it. And what shocked me is that now you have either the choice of buying for 3€ a fully scratch-made RSS F1 car, or subscribe for 5€ patreon to get access to 2022 official codemaster model on SDD base. Even people who considered starting converting for Assetto already are thinking about setting a Patreon because it's the trend. I don't remember Assetto community being like that 3-4 years ago. While it is true that converting car is not an easy process and can take a lot of time if done right, it's peanuts compared to scratch mods and it feel so wrong to have an rss car and a body swap on the same level of price.

I also worked on setting up a guide compiling all the knowledge I gathered so far so that anyone can convert the car he wants and add features to it. Making it easier for someone who has never modded to understand how Assetto works. But when I see that I ask myself if it really is worth it if it would enable more patreon rushed conversion.

Last edited:
As far as I know, Kunos cars don't have the guid.txt file. This file is found only if you install a modded bank file
@sean depledge as Quark67 said, this file must not exist in original sfx folders. Checking the integrity of the files I don't know if it's convenient, as steam will re-download all the missing files and replace all the files already present in the game but modified (e.g. if you have a mod for the flags, they will be replaced with the original ones) . Delete the guid file in the folders where it exists and if it is not a problem as I said above, proceed with the file verification :)

If that doesn't work either, I don't know what to suggest. Unfortunately the sound problems are something supernatural LOL

@sean depledge as Quark67 said, this file must not exist in original sfx folders. Checking the integrity of the files I don't know if it's convenient, as steam will re-download all the missing files and replace all the files already present in the game but modified (e.g. if you have a mod for the flags, they will be replaced with the original ones) . Delete the guid file in the folders where it exists and if it is not a problem as I said above, proceed with the file verification :)

If that doesn't work either, I don't know what to suggest. Unfortunately the sound problems are something supernatural LOL
its my ks porshe 962 long and short tail sounds that dont work ,the original sound files are there? im not sure...

the itegrity check didnt work ,it didnt download any files ....missing file priviges error ,so the game is still running ok

its my ks porshe 962 long and short tail sounds that dont work ,the original sound files are there? im not sure...

the itegrity check didnt work ,it didnt download any files ....missing file priviges error ,so the game is still running ok
inside sfx folders you should have only
ks_porsche_962c_shorttail.bank
and
ks_porsche_962c_longtail.bank

New test version of Spa 1966 for anyone interested. This version covers both the original and THR versions of the track. Basically, it replaces all the flags (87 in total, what was I thinking) with animated versions and a couple of tweaks to the textures and ext_config. As always, please remember to make a copy of your existing track first. There are copies of all the original files I replace or change so you can easily revert back.

Spa 1966 Test #2

Package should be self explanatory, but i'll do a little explaining for those that are not computer savy. Each track version has it's own folder. Simply extract the content directory from whichever version you use to the main AC directory. In each versions folder are a few optional files. For Spa_1966, it's a slightly altered VAO patch. For Spa_THR, it's a vao patch (because it didn't have one) and edited ui files to add the geo tags.

About the only thing left I want to do is make the clock work and make adjustments to the textures based on feedback, although I never really hear any when I ask for it. Never know if that's a good or bad thing.

spa66_2.jpg

Last edited:
Still WIP but the Golf Mk1 Club Track will henceforth be known as the Golf Littlebird, because it chirps near the redline, and flies.
Plus, if you're not careful it will crap on you from a great height.

View attachment 1214923

View attachment 1214922
Okay... that works...
But I think of it more of an Angry Bird. It sounds mad, and you have to be careful, or it will pluck your eyes out.
[ Great work on this BTW! ]

New test version of Spa 1966 for anyone interested. This version covers both the original and THR versions of the track. Basically, it replaces all the flags (87 in total, what was I thinking) with animated versions and a couple of tweaks to the textures and ext_config. As always, please remember to make a copy of your existing track first. There are copies of all the original files I replace or change so you can easily revert back.

Spa 1966 Test #2

Package should be self explanatory, but i'll do a little explaining for those that are not computer savy. Each track version has it's own folder. Simply extract the content directory from whichever version you use to the main AC directory. In each versions folder are a few optional files. For Spa_1966, it's a slightly altered VAO patch. For Spa_THR, it's a vao patch (because it didn't have one) and edited ui files to add the geo tags.

About the only thing left I want to do is make the clock work and make adjustments to the textures based on feedback, although I never really hear any when I ask for it. Never know if that's a good or bad thing.

View attachment 1215310
For those that downloaded already, the link has been updated because I put in the wrong ext_config. This only fixes the normals on the far, far treewall. It's black in some spots and overly bright in others. If that doesn't bother you, no need to download again. The fix will be included in the final version I post once I get the clock to work. Don't know when that will be. Not having any luck with it.

Spa 1966 Test #2

View attachment 1215310
Not available unfortunately....

EDIT: Works now for me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Not available unfortunately....
Odd, it works for me when I click the link.

Question for those who care. I want to make the haybales around the track on Spa_1966 have collision physics. As they are now, you pass through pretty much all of them. I have to make a new kn5 file to do that because I need to rename the objects. Would people prefer I do it as a new layout or just as a replacement for the existing objects so you don't need to change layouts to use the new haybale physics.

There's benefits to doing it both ways. For me, doing it as a new layout is the easiest because I just have to rename the objects and include a new full track kn5 file. The second way is harder for me, but is a smaller download for you all and you don't have to worry about changing layouts in CM. I'll do it the way most people would prefer.

Last edited:
Odd, it works for me when I click the link.

Question for those who care. I want to make the haybales around the track on Spa_1966 have collision physics. As they are now, you pass through pretty much all of them. I have to make a new kn5 file to do that because I need to rename the objects. Would people prefer I do it as a new layout or just as a replacement for the existing objects so you don't need to change layouts to use the new haybale physics.

There's benefits to doing it both ways. For me, doing it as a new layout is the easiest because I just have to rename the objects and include a new full track kn5 file. The second way is harder for me, but is a smaller download for you all and you don't have to worry about changing layouts in CM. I'll do it the way most people would prefer.
Could I suggest a third option? Maybe you could do a new kn5 and release the whole track with your new config and haybale collision physics under an updated name? That way we could keep the original as it is and everyone could decide which version to keep or delete as they choose.

Could I suggest a third option? Maybe you could do a new kn5 and release the whole track with your new config and haybale collision physics under an updated name? That way we could keep the original as it is and everyone could decide which version to keep or delete as they choose.
I thought of that, but with two versions already flying around, that would make more confusion. There's the original and the THR version. I'd have to make replacements for both or pick the one that's better and do my version based off of that. To be honest, i'm still trying to figure out the difference between the original and the THR version, other than the added 1934 layout.

I thought of that, but with two versions already flying around, that would make more confusion. There's the original and the THR version. I'd have to make replacements for both or pick the one that's better and do my version based off of that. To be honest, i'm still trying to figure out the difference between the original and the THR version, other than the added 1934 layout.
What I'm finding most confusing these days is trying to sort out tracks that have had multiple configs/skins done for them by multiple modders - and often months or even years apart! You never know what each new config has or hasn't got from other config files, what's conflicting with what, etc. For that reason, I much prefer 'new builds with new names'. Then you can try each one individually and keep your favourite.

Either way, it's ultimately your call! :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back