Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Okay.. here's a new hardware/software issue I just started having; see if you can help me solve this one.
My shifter (SHH Newt), which I've had for two years, and used without issue all that time, is now not working in-game, but still shows up in CM. In the controller settings of CM it shows up in the Buttons tab, using buttons 9 and 10. I've tried remapping, resaving the controller setup (in case I inadvertently did something weird with the existing setup), and unplugging and replugging the shifter usb. I've also tried restarting both CM and my computer.

Can you think of something I might have missed? This is making me crazy.

Thanks!

I see this message too
1679059971755-png.1240088

can you check please download link ? it says virus detected :(
2023-03-18 102003.jpg
2023-03-18 102021.jpg

VirusTotal didn't detect anything.

there were rumours in this thread (cant find now) that someone had figured out ripping PC2 tracks but was not releasing the method until PC3 came out so they couldnt block the method, since that boat has now sailed wonder if that will come to light, there are some damn nice tracks in PC2 id love to see in AC,

PC2 - Azure Coast, :bowdown:Bannochbrae:bowdown:, California Highway, Mojave

and from the newer offering

PC3 - Monument Canyon, Tuscany, Wildcrest, Havana.

Whomever posted that up previously, if the person doing it needs a starting point, I'd say BANNOCHBRAE!!!!!! Pretty please with cherries on top..
Did anyone ever release Mojave in any form? With the news that PC2 tracks can be modded into AMS2, I just added it there and it is awesome - would be a great one to have in AC too!

Okay.. here's a new hardware/software issue I just started having; see if you can help me solve this one.
My shifter (SHH Newt), which I've had for two years, and used without issue all that time, is now not working in-game, but still shows up in CM. In the controller settings of CM it shows up in the Buttons tab, using buttons 9 and 10. I've tried remapping, resaving the controller setup (in case I inadvertently did something weird with the existing setup), and unplugging and replugging the shifter usb. I've also tried restarting both CM and my computer.

Thanks!
have you tried changing between the modes (h-pattern vs. sequential) with the switch on the side of the shifter?

Vector W8 Twin Turbo Rework by Dragster666

Reworked by Dragster666
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed inaccurate performance
-Added Turbo Boost system from the real car aka Kers in this game.
-Added pop up headlights with an headlight mesh which may be inaccurate the real car but it does the job pretty good...
-Added proper Lods (Better done Lods than on my previous cars)
-Removed the inaccurate V12 sound to a more fitting V8 sound
-Rain ready windows,Working wipers ect....
-Gauges done from scratch including digital tachometers
-Removed shifting animation cause the real car is an auto and sadly that shifter isn't modeled
and the whole interior is sadly incorrectly modeled....
-Fixed Driver
-Added reverse light
-New CSP colors Gun Metal and Chameleon this also affects the normal colors and makes them look better....
-CSP shaders for the rims too!
-Added a headlight cover function its if you want the pop ups to go down without turning on the headlights just
press the Extra Option D binding if you can't activate it go into settings then go into controls then into Patch
then bind the Extra Option D function to your button and then activate it in game!!!
Also Note!!! when you want to activate the headlights if you have this on press Extra Option D button to turn
it off then activate the headlights. Do this because the Extra Option D cover animation conflicts with the headlight animation
so turn the covers off first!!!!
-Added a new experimental 6.0 L Rodeck twin-turbocharged V8 engine sound via FMOD.
(Keep in mind that its still experimental because its my first sound mod ever.) I also took the sounds from these videos both from the outside and in the interior.
Outside:

Interior

If you dislike it you can replace it with a another V8 or swap back in
the Countach V12....

Credits:
1ST Racing Studio (Converter) Assettoland (Update) Dragster666 (Rework)

View attachment 987687
View attachment 987688
Sadly recently Gerald Wiegert passed away thank you Wiegert for these crazy car designs that were pretty much unthinkable at the time having a car to look more crazy than the famous Countach wasn't a easy task and i congratulate you on that.

link is dead...

Guys I know its a bit off topic, sorry 😇, but about virus scan software info and wanting to change from anti virus scan software, please check these sites:
https://www.av-test.org/en/
https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/
https://www.virusbulletin.com/testing
forget site as “top 10 best virusscansoftware” that popup on the toppage of Google search because all being scam.

To end all the discussions about, your mod does contain a virus here is a listing of online, file checkers that uses multiple virus scanners.
https://virusscan.jotti.org/
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

Only 1 online virus scan analyze tool at:
https://opentip.kaspersky.com/

Interesting reading about MS defender at: https://www.techpowerup.com/295877/...-impact-intel-cpu-performance-we-have-the-fix

I do hope its helpful in the discussion about suspicious files.
For all who want to change from virus scan software and wanting to check the downloaded file before installing.

shi
Paul Ricard Historic v1.0

View attachment 1240065
Paul Ricard with 1970-2001 layout.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-38 pit/start
-AI, cam
-5 layouts (Grand Prix, Grand Prix - BPR 1995, Grand Prix - 1975, Short Grand Prix, Short)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Carrera.4
Updated by MotorFX
GTR2 Converted by der Dumeklemmer, MotorFX
-I tried to contact them but was unable to. I thank them for the work they do.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Short GP AI and RainFX by @KevinK2
Short GP cam by @Gregz0r
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Terrain from paul_ricard_2021 by @marc_13000 & @Blackcelica
Base texture of Dunlop Bridge (BPR layout) from lemans_1991 by Terra21 & Jim Lloyd
pit objects and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @slider666

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member @Daniel Graf . He provided the material for creating the BPR layout. Thanks.

Love this track in its original layout, please do 80s Zandvoort or Brands Hatch or that old Montreal layout with the pits right behind that hairpin... Is there even a good pre '87 Silverstone or '87 Silverstone?

Hi, i have the same problem, even after copying the kn5 file i get the same error. The other tracks work fine. I have miseluk version 1.0.
Thank you for your help
Did you overwrite the old one? Where do you copy the kn5 file in?

Last edited:
Love this track in its original layout, please do 80s Zandvoort or Brands Hatch or that old Montreal layout with the pits right behind that hairpin... Is there even a good pre '87 Silverstone or '87 Silverstone?
There is one floating around but it's as flat as a pancake unfortunately, no road detail. The rest of the circuit is good though, quality wise.

Thanks!
Never heard of that brand, just looked up on their website and that looks cool! (and cheap, compared to my fanatec shifter ^^)

Have you tried re-installing the driver ? Doesn't seems to have a download section on their website, maybe reach them for it ?

Never heard of that brand, just looked up on their website and that looks cool! (and cheap, compared to my fanatec shifter ^^)

Have you tried re-installing the driver ? Doesn't seems to have a download section on their website, maybe reach them for it ?
The cost difference between this and the Fanatec, plus the reviews of the Newt were definitely what drew me to it, and I have LOVED it. It's essentially plug and play, not requiring specific drivers. I might ask them about it anyway though.

I noticed when I mouse over the input field, it says, "steering wheel button." But this is where I've always assigned my Newt shifter controls, and you can see the red indicator when I activate the shifter at button 9.
1679146098161.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The cost difference between this and the Fanatec, plus the reviews of the Newt were definitely what drew me to it, and I have LOVED it. It's essentially plug and play, not requiring specific drivers. I might ask them about it anyway though.

I noticed when I mouse over the input field, it says, "steering wheel button." But this is where I've always assigned my Newt shifter controls, and you can see the red indicator when I activate the shifter at button 9.
View attachment 1240293
I have the wheel's paddle shifters assigned in the first column, the SHH shifter's buttons (sequential mode) in the second column (third column is for keyboard bindings). You can have the buttons for h-pattern and sequential mode mapped in a single preset.
1679146648154.png

Last edited:
I have the wheel's paddle shifters assigned in the first column, the SHH shifter's buttons (sequential mode) in the second column (third column is for keyboard bindings). You can have the buttons for h-pattern and sequential mode mapped in a single preset.
View attachment 1240301
I did try using mappings in the second column, but it didn't help, plus I like reserving the paddles for other functions when I'm sequential mode.
I just can't think of why the shifter would still register in CM, but suddenly no longer register in-game!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

!!! 2021 FORD F-450 !!!​

Specs: Stock (4x4 & 4x2)
Encryption (None)
Credits:
3D: Forza Horizon 5
Physics: VR Driving
Sound Mod: Myself (FMOD) and MNP for Sound Samples (7.2L V8 Powerstroke Currently *Since There's no good 6.7L Powerstroke)
CSP : Required. (This car has Rain FX Support and Extra A & B for Doors and Navigation screens.
TEMPLATE PSD FILE ARE INCULDED IN 4X4 FOLDER.

**DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THE FILES TO ANYWHERE OR DIFFERENT LINK SOURCE WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/SlBW1LqJ#NGqyiD5TdVoHnckTqD2Yc4csrD5Kgea8vXIY0V5IRSA
*Please be aware one or some of virus scans might led False Detection.
Screenshot_bk_for_f450_21_4x2_ks_vallelunga_15-2-123-22-49-33.jpg

Screenshot_bk_for_f450_21_4x2_ks_vallelunga_15-2-123-22-49-43.jpg
Screenshot_bk_for_f450_21_4x2_ks_vallelunga_15-2-123-22-49-58.jpg
Screenshot_bk_for_f450_21_4x2_ks_vallelunga_15-2-123-22-50-6.jpg

I did try using mappings in the second column, but it didn't help, plus I like reserving the paddles for other functions when I'm sequential mode.
I just can't think of why the shifter would still register in CM, but suddenly no longer register in-game!
It may be plug and play, it needs a driver to fonction. Always. It is essential for any connecting hardware, it's just automatic the first time you plug it. Maybe try reaching to them about it.

Sometimes my wheel doesn't start properly (T300RS), it is recognized in CM and in the driver's page, inputs are recognized, but nothing when the game run. A simple manual restart of the driver always solve the problem, has if nothing happened. Dunno why it does that tho, but it seems similar to your problem. The only thing is that the wheel do have a proper driver's page to restart it. If you don't have one for the shifter, it's surely hidden somewhere. Does it appear in your windows parameters ?

Edit : A windows restart might do something, or might not, but don't really count on it (I think it's supposed to be related to loading order, blablabla it's awfully complicate and there is no way to know it unless going deep, deep, deep in the system and breaking a few things along the way hahaha just don't)

Last edited:
It may be plug and play, it needs a driver to fonction. Always. It is essential for any connecting hardware, it's just automatic the first time you plug it. Maybe try reaching to them about it.

Sometimes my wheel doesn't start properly (T300RS), it is recognized in CM and in the driver's page, inputs are recognized, but nothing when the game run. A simple manual restart of the driver always solve the problem, has if nothing happened. Dunno why it does that tho, but it seems similar to your problem. The only thing is that the wheel do have a proper driver's page to restart it. If you don't have one for the shifter, it's surely hidden somewhere. Does it appear in your windows parameters ?

Edit : A windows restart might do something, or might not, but don't really count on it (I think it's supposed to be related to loading order, blablabla it's awfully complicate and there is no way to know it unless going deep, deep, deep in the system and breaking a few things along the way hahaha just don't)
I get that there are always usb drivers, and I did double check the status of the two that are assigned to the shifter. Windows says that they are up to date, and didn't even give me an option to update them.

I tried a windows restart again just now, but no change. :confused:

I know it's a bit of a bind but I think I encountered this a while back. In CM it would pick up the input of my shifter (not the same one as yours, it's a generic H pattern Chinese shifter), anyways, I had to literally unplug everything, turn off the computer, then put each device into a new USB input and then start over remapping. That was the only thing that worked.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back