Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,208 comments
Anyone knows an easy fix for sunlight shining at the passengers seat feet?

It should be blocked by hood, dashboard, and everything between, but a LOT of modcars have this problem.

I hoped it was fixable through extension config, by adding "hood mesh cast shadow = 1" but that doesn't seem to work.
This is what I mean:
Untitled.png

Anyone knows an easy fix for sunlight shining at the passengers seat feet?

It should be blocked by hood, dashboard, and everything between, but a LOT of modcars have this problem.

I hoped it was fixable through extension config, by adding "hood mesh cast shadow = 1" but that doesn't seem to work.
I have this method. Done it a million times. Really.

Add the lines to the car's config file:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows on
MESHES = ??
MATERIALS = ??
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
LOD_OUT = 1500
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows off
MESHES =
MATERIALS =
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
LOD_OUT = 1500

Leave the first half as it is. The the second part add materials/meshes that should not cast shadows (all the window-materials).

Most of the new car mods in AC has at least some meshes that don't cast shadow, resulting in sunlight shining trough like the are holes in the car's chassis. It's unbelievable, but it's true. Annoys the living feces out of my OCD mind.

And another one for today!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/silver-city-66-81182771

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/silver-city-1966.59523

Silver City 66 - Enjoy :)

For those of you who have been following the development of Silver City 66 since the beginning this public release remains largely the same as the previous work in progress release, however I have made some tweaks to the night light settings and made some shader adjustments for even nicer graphics.

And for those of you who are new to Silver City 66, welcome to the party! This track was chosen by my Patreon subscribers in a poll out of three different early versions of fictional circuits. The winner of this poll was then taken to completion and has become a fully-fledged finished racetrack.

One of my supporters came up with the brilliant idea to make this track a historic circuit as the flow and characteristics that suit that sort of vibe. After just finishing my Sebring '66 circuit, I decided to set this track in 1966 as well so I could reuse some of the assets and go all out on the theming. Say goodbye to safety barriers and hello to fence posts and hay bales! The Silver City 66 track is set in the 'Boston Hill Open Space' area of Silver City, New Mexico.

img1.jpg
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
img4.jpg
img6.jpg
img5.jpg

Hi, does anyone have a modern hockenheim circuit with more than 26 pits?
Ideally 30 as trying to do a ADAC GT championship

Last edited:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows on
MESHES = ??
MATERIALS = ??
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
LOD_OUT = 1500

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows off
MESHES =
MATERIALS =
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
LOD_OUT = 1500

Leave the first half as it is. The the second part add materials/meshes that should not cast shadows (all the window-materials).

Most of the new car mods in AC has at least some meshes that don't cast shadow, resulting in sunlight shining trough like the are holes in the car's chassis. It's unbelievable, but it's true. Annoys the living feces out of my OCD mind.
The one that I have trouble with is the interior windshield reflecting the road surface, like there's no floor in the car. I haven't really investigated it too much but it shouldn't be too difficult to cure.

The one that I have trouble with is the interior windshield reflecting the road surface, like there's no floor in the car. I haven't really investigated it too much but it shouldn't be too difficult to cure.
That's caused by wrong shader in the interior windshield, it should be ksWindscreen instead of ksPerPixelReflection (most common case).

Sort of a request, but i've been having some fun messing around with the Lemans 1967 track. I did the obvious things already, like adding seasonal changes, but I also got to fooling around with an alternative to that long dirt strip that borders both sides of the road on the long straight. It just looked odd to me not really blending in with the surrounding meshes.

Two ways i'm trying to do it is to either replace the whole dirt area with the regular grass material (that's the way I prefer) or some kind of dirt\grass mix. The dirt\grass mix looks ok, but you still get that hard transition between meshes. When I use the grass material there is just a better transition between those areas.

Also plan to make the flags wave, but there's like 40+ of them so it will take awhile to place them all.

lemans67a.jpg

lemans67b.jpg

lemans67c.jpg

Last edited:
And another one for today!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/silver-city-66-81182771

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/silver-city-1966.59523

Silver City 66 - Enjoy :)

For those of you who have been following the development of Silver City 66 since the beginning this public release remains largely the same as the previous work in progress release, however I have made some tweaks to the night light settings and made some shader adjustments for even nicer graphics.

And for those of you who are new to Silver City 66, welcome to the party! This track was chosen by my Patreon subscribers in a poll out of three different early versions of fictional circuits. The winner of this poll was then taken to completion and has become a fully-fledged finished racetrack.

One of my supporters came up with the brilliant idea to make this track a historic circuit as the flow and characteristics that suit that sort of vibe. After just finishing my Sebring '66 circuit, I decided to set this track in 1966 as well so I could reuse some of the assets and go all out on the theming. Say goodbye to safety barriers and hello to fence posts and hay bales! The Silver City 66 track is set in the 'Boston Hill Open Space' area of Silver City, New Mexico.

View attachment 1246004View attachment 1246005View attachment 1246006View attachment 1246007View attachment 1246009View attachment 1246008
Just a wonderful track with great elevation changes Tyrone. You're making some great stuff!

Last edited:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows on
MESHES = ??
MATERIALS = ??
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
LOD_OUT = 1500

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows off
MESHES =
MATERIALS =
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
LOD_OUT = 1500

If this works, I'll spend the night with you.

Hi Jac0, this a long shot, but I had the same problem with "smoke" being rendered inside the car. I vaguely remember the fix being turning off "render smoke at half resolution". Maybe smoke and dust use the same setting? I drive only in VR and I can't remember seeing dust inside the car at Eiger. So worth a shot.

Edit: Found it again, I think it will work, this is what solved my problem a couple of weeks ago and it mentions dirt as well:

"Solved it by disabling "Rendering at half resolution in VR" in particle FX, smoke and dirt section."
This makes absolutely no difference in the Rift.
Maybe it only works with single-screen VR?

View attachment 1245977

Here’s a brand-new track layout for the Southport circuit, aptly named 'League', designed to elevate your adrenaline-fueled escapades. Fear not, racing purists - the beloved original layout remains intact, now renamed 'Authentic' to honour its roots.

The 'League' layout may appear similar to the 'Authentic' version, but when driving on it, you'll notice a game-changing difference - the track edges! The gravel at the edges of the 'League' layout have had the values changed to minimize dirt and dust disturbances, ensuring a cleaner and more visually appealing racing experience.

The gravel on the side of the track in the 'League' layout also boasts significantly enhanced grip at the track edges. While it may not quite rival the traction offered by the central asphalt strip, the increased grip delivers a strategic advantage for racers looking to execute daring overtakes, this version should function a lot better for online races.
Respect, you have developed really really well and are doing a great job, keep it up!

I'm running Varjo Aero which according to their website has dual miniled displays. @jac0 did it work for you? And which headset do you use?
Might depend on some other CSP setting as well.
I'd love to find a way to fix this, it's a constant irritation when generating smoke from the front wheels.
Kudos on the Aero, by the way. :)

Might depend on some other CSP setting as well.
I'd love to find a way to fix this, it's a constant irritation when generating smoke from the front wheels.
Kudos on the Aero, by the way. :)
This is where i found it: w w w.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/ybji1u/weird_issue_with_smoke_rendering_csp_180_preview/
Maybe different CSP version?

Last edited:
Hello
Someone with a problem with the view from the cockpit, or inside, however you like,
There is a terrible framerate drop when using it with this mod.
Has anyone else had this thanks
Go to extension and open ext_config.ini. Then find all the [EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...] that relates to int cluster and lcd's (not exterior lights) and change SAMPLE LIMIT from 500 to 100.

View attachment 1245977

Here’s a brand-new track layout for the Southport circuit, aptly named 'League', designed to elevate your adrenaline-fueled escapades. Fear not, racing purists - the beloved original layout remains intact, now renamed 'Authentic' to honour its roots.

The 'League' layout may appear similar to the 'Authentic' version, but when driving on it, you'll notice a game-changing difference - the track edges! The gravel at the edges of the 'League' layout have had the values changed to minimize dirt and dust disturbances, ensuring a cleaner and more visually appealing racing experience.

The gravel on the side of the track in the 'League' layout also boasts significantly enhanced grip at the track edges. While it may not quite rival the traction offered by the central asphalt strip, the increased grip delivers a strategic advantage for racers looking to execute daring overtakes, this version should function a lot better for online races.
i'm the only one who have the materials called Hedge-1 that causes overall terrible shadows which are flickering all the time?

Last edited:
New update for the 488 GTE (Version 0.9.8 release) !

• New car folder name
  • Flashing lights for the Le Mans Version
  • New skins

PLEASE DELETE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALL THIS ONE !!!!

Thanks for your feedback and have a nice day !
I extracted to cars folder and its not visible in cm mods, only in all.

Last edited:
This makes absolutely no difference in the Rift.
Maybe it only works with single-screen VR?
Tummie555

I'm running Varjo Aero which according to their website has dual miniled displays. @jac0 did it work for you? And which headset do you use?

--> unfortunately didn't do the trick for me (running on Quest2 w Link cable)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back